• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

stupei

It's a really really busy time at work so I'm only in the midst of chapter 1, but I'm loving every aspect of this game so far. Up to 38 villagers now and making decent progress on my village even when I don't have as much time to actually play as I'd like.

Does anyone else feel a bit like they're cheating when they Abilink their character with a friend further along, though? I wanted to try it out and just happened to do it shortly before a boss fight which the boost from their level 7 monk made pretty short work of.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
You basically have customes you can equip that doesn't change the stats, but it does change the appearance. You have a costume that makes you look like the freelancer class. The other ones are unique and character specific.

There are other ways to get money. I personally used the Merchant's Big pharma trick, since it demands zero effort on the player part. It feels a bit like cheating, but hey money is tight.

Or you can go for the easy grind as described here:
Money Farm (Eternia)
Undead farm

I never managed to get a elixir mammon, but was drowning in pg anyway.

I don't think the first link is working? But thanks for the tips! I guess I need to start using
Salve-Maker
huh? :)

2San

I don't think the first link is working?
I messed it up a bit. Merchant big pharma trick: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/729328-bravely-default/68205400.

But thanks for the tips! I guess I need to start using
Salve-Maker
huh? :)
It's a pretty good class, even ignoring the farming qualities. I didn't use the class much next to (job point) farming though, since I preferred other classes more. That's the great thing about this game, there are a lot of viable team setups and how good each setup works depends on the enemy.

Remember that you can limit exp gain, if you don't want to get overleveled.

Dragner

I used for moneymaking the gold item from norende with 4xmerchant + Obliterate passive setup while doing circles in the raflessia x6 island with encounters x 2 and tapping the button while I watched football.

Infinite money in 2 hours. With 0 effort and max bonusses por perfect combats. You can only do this after you unlock the final job though.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I messed it up a bit. Merchant big pharma trick: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/729328-bravely-default/68205400.

It's a pretty good class, even ignoring the farming qualities. I didn't use the class much next to (job point) farming though, since I preferred other classes more. That's the great thing about this game, there are a lot of viable team setups and how good each setup works depends on the enemy.

Remember that you can limit exp gain, if you don't want to get overleveled.

For the two last methods:
Do you compound items from the enemies? How much do you make from them?

I used for moneymaking the gold item from norende with 4xmerchant + Obliterate passive setup while doing circles in the raflessia x6 island with encounters x 2 and tapping the button while I watched football.

Infinite money in 2 hours. With 0 effort and max bonusses por perfect combats. You can only do this after you unlock the final job though.

What island is that? And merchant bonuses don't stack.

Totakeke

Chapter 3...

wtf at the
difficulty jump
at the
mythril caves and temple of fire. Okay, so I've conquered all that, now the boss kills me straight up with his burst even when I'm defaulting. >_>

Man I wish I had more time to really dig into this. I'm six hours in now, and I just finished the
thief subquest.
All of my characters are around level 15 or so. I want to just have a day where I do nothing but play this for hours on end.

2San

For the two last methods:
Do you compound items from the enemies? How much do you make from them?
No you buy compound items at the save vendor. You unlock compound items with norende village. You make money, because the mobs you are farming on drop that much more cash than what it costs to buy the items. There is also the bonus for killing them in one round, netting more gp, jp and exp.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
No you buy compound items at the save vendor. You unlock compound items with norende village. You make money, because the mobs you are farming on drop that much more cash than what it costs to buy the items. There is also the bonus for killing them in one round, netting more gp, jp and exp.

Ok, and they make you earn more money if you kill them in that particular fashion? I guess I'll just try it out and I'll probably get it :p

2San

Ok, and they make you earn more money if you kill them in that particular fashion? I guess I'll just try it out and I'll probably get it :p
They always make you money, but following the instructions nets you more. But yeah if you try it, you'll probably get it. ;)

Dragner

What island is that? And merchant bonuses don't stack.

I didn't knew that ^^. You can use then only a merchant, but with obliterate and the accesory you can go as whatever you want.

I can't say the exact location because I'm at work and can't check right now. But is a half snow-covered island at north-east.

Totakeke

Chapter 3...

wtf at the
difficulty jump
at the
mythril caves and temple of fire. Okay, so I've conquered all that, now the boss kills me straight up with his burst even when I'm defaulting. >_>

Yeah.. I think I'm stuck without grinding unless maybe I can cheese it using jumps or something. All my characters are on their best classes too.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'm on chapter 6 and I really enjoy this game.

Any tips on farming money that doesn't involve the exploit I have seen mentioned?

Pirate and Swordmaster combo of free lunch and Amp Strike( 4x attack dmg) is awesome.

I need to find the time to level up all the job classes. For everyone. Which will take forever.

It's a really really busy time at work so I'm only in the midst of chapter 1, but I'm loving every aspect of this game so far. Up to 38 villagers now and making decent progress on my village even when I don't have as much time to actually play as I'd like.

Does anyone else feel a bit like they're cheating when they Abilink their character with a friend further along, though? I wanted to try it out and just happened to do it shortly before a boss fight which the boost from their level 7 monk made pretty short work of.

Abilink bothered me at first. But the way I see it, it's great for giving certain characters abilities/supports you never considered might be good for them. Their base damage won't increase though.

Speaking of base damage, I think my next stop in chapter 2 will be the story missions as I've done all the side quests. I continue to train ranger in hopes that the class becomes more useful than thief in DPS, but so far even with a greater bow specialty than thief the thief attacked more times and did more damage...

From what I read the best way to take advantage of ranger is to put it with spell fencer secondary jobs to exploit enemy weaknesses. But reading on the rest of the skills it gets, it's a very boring class and honestly the second that
ninja
appears in chapter 3 I'm switching it out seeing how all the equipment I'm getting for Tiz was specifically designed for the use of speed.

webrunner

Am I missing something with Abilink? My fiancee has the game too and she's levelled up Merchant on virtually everyone but I haven't seen any abilinked merchant levels or abilities on my characters yet, is there a trick to get the abilink to 'update'?

Am I missing something with Abilink? My fiancee has the game too and she's levelled up Merchant on virtually everyone but I haven't seen any abilinked merchant levels or abilities on my characters yet, is there a trick to get the abilink to 'update'?

I'm assuming you've already put your fiancee's character with an abilink to one of your characters?

If so, this might be more on her end to update her info, then you have to update friends as well.

I think you first have to add each others as friends with FCs, then update the "Add Friends" option with the red adventurer to add each other to your respective games (note you can only have 20 friends to ablink with, if you have more than 20, the game will ask you to delete them until only 20 or left on the list), then as you guys are leveling up jobs, make sure to choose the "Update" option to update your maximum jobs

Ultrabum

Huh explain

Some combinations of skills and if your characters are faster than the boss allow you to jump before the boss attacks, land, then jump again before the boss attacks. Thus you are invincible and can beat some bosses super low level.

There are many ways to break this game :)

Animekatt

I just finished beating the performer to gain her job asterik. Man is her voice ANNOYING. Maybe that was the point, but wow. I played a little after I woke up, and hearing her screeching voice so early in the morning was not good for my health. English dub.

I'm glad people are finding ways to "break the game" but I don't know how much I would have with that. Same with auto-battle.

Has anyone here already unlocked falcon knife from norende village? If so can you tell me what the price for one is in the adventurer shop? I already know I unlock them via
updating special store to max
but I can't find the price info at all.

Some combinations of skills and if your characters are faster than the boss allow you to jump before the boss attacks, land, then jump again before the boss attacks. Thus you are invincible and can beat some bosses super low level.

Yeah, that's right. I was bored, so tried defeating Asmodeus (Lv.70) with Lv.12 characters. Didn't think it was possible, but what do you know?

It helped I had tons of cash to buy two Fox Tails for everyone (best axe from Norende).

Oops, I should mention I have tons of stuff I shouldn't have.

Has anyone here already unlocked falcon knife from norende village? If so can you tell me what the price for one is in the adventurer shop? I already know I unlock them via
updating special store to max
but I can't find the price info at all.
88230 pg

I just finished beating the performer to gain her job asterik. Man is her voice ANNOYING. Maybe that was the point, but wow. I played a little after I woke up, and hearing her screeching voice so early in the morning was not good for my health. English dub.

We! Go !Wild!

webrunner

I'm assuming you've already put your fiancee's character with an abilink to one of your characters?

If so, this might be more on her end to update her info, then you have to update friends as well.

I think you first have to add each others as friends with FCs, then update the "Add Friends" option with the red adventurer to add each other to your respective games (note you can only have 20 friends to ablink with, if you have more than 20, the game will ask you to delete them until only 20 or left on the list), then as you guys are leveling up jobs, make sure to choose the "Update" option to update your maximum jobs

We've both done this but it still hasn't shown up? Dunno what's wrong.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Well...
The Vampire Class is kind of cool, has some good habilities and If you get the Genoma thing going (Blue magic) is strong. But at the end of the day he is just a mid tier class...but a fun class overall. Some day I'll replay this game without using the busted classes and I'll try out Vampire more deeply.

Oh neat, I was wondering if there was a
blue mage
. Then again, I usually like them more conceptually than in practice since I don't have the patience of getting them set up with the best moves :p guess I'll see how it goes. Thanks for the tip.

Fey

Banned
Agnes is literally one of the worst, most annoying characters I've ever seen. She and her voice are killing this game.

Not even GODea is able to salvage it.

Yeah, that's right. I was bored, so tried defeating Asmodeus (Lv.70) with Lv.12 characters. Didn't think it was possible, but what do you know?

It helped I had tons of cash to buy two Fox Tails for everyone (best axe from Norende).

88230 pg

Wait, there's a better axe in Norende then Grinder??? Must be from getting one of the last couple stores I haven't finished to 11...Yes! How much is it? 100k? I was just saying in the other thread that I don't think there's anything left in the game worth spending money on so I don't see a need for the gold egg (for me) but I guess Norende still keeps on giving hehe

Fucking hell... the only Nemesis I have gotten the past few days is a lvl70 one. I get like 2-3 per day, it's annoying. I want Mammon! D:

The loading screen when you turn the game on says "You may even find different Nemesis are available at different times." I wonder what this means. I usually update the game in the mornings.

88230 pg

you can do it at base level for everyone, no NG+ needed :p

Chapter 5 spoilers
How did Edea not know Alternis and Ringabel looked the same? They were friends since they were children, am I supposed to believe he was wearing that helmet the whole time?

mrpeabody

Is there a thread to exchange friend codes? Mine is 0447-5051-5166 and I'd love to friend some people for village-rebuilding purposes.

Haha that's awesome. I guess I semi-broke the game at Chapter 1, I just bought 3 Angel Bows and grinded a bunch of levels and have been steamrolling the game so far. What class combo is for the jump? Valykrie?

o man, someone ripped all of Edea's Mrgrgr's out of chapter 1 and put it on sound cloud
KuGsj.gif

https://soundcloud.com/rdrmllr/sets/bravely-mrgrgr
http://www.reddit.com/r/bravelydefault/comments/1xrtlj/mrgrgr_audio_files/

Top Bottom