• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Question, if I close my 3DS lid while the game is running, will it still street pass, or do I need to idle at the 3DS menu screen?
Yes. As long as you have wifi on.

And you'll receive both data for the game and the general streepass stuff

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
o man, someone ripped all of Edea's Mrgrgr's out of chapter 1 and put it on sound cloud
KuGsj.gif

https://soundcloud.com/rdrmllr/sets/bravely-mrgrgr
http://www.reddit.com/r/bravelydefault/comments/1xrtlj/mrgrgr_audio_files/
Mgrgrgrgr
They beat me to it

Fuck
DeRosa
really, what an annoying shit. Spent like 2 hours then i gave up on the fight. Spamming Cura every turn? Gaining free Bp when i hit it? Using charm and fear shit?

Just fuck him, guess it's time to grind more levels...

Got a few questions though, i've been avoiding the summoner class cause i feel like it could break the game. Is it a fair job to use? And is it worthy to change the thiefs to rangers?

Oh man, getting to a new town and it not having new magic spells to buy is such a bummer... That's what I look forward to most when finding a new place, lol.

Chapter 3:
I do love the town on the ship in the middle of the sea, though. Wonderful vibe and great music.

Oh man, getting to a new town and it not having new magic spells to buy is such a bummer... That's what I look forward to most when finding a new place, lol.

Chapter 3:
I do love the town on the ship in the middle of the sea, though. Wonderful vibe and great music.

Its funny I buy spells (black mage ones) more for spell fencer's use than black mage

Busaiku

DeRosso was nothing this time since I had everyone use Utsusemi.
That and Transience/Turn Tables is just way too good.

Fandangox

Fuck
DeRosa
really, what an annoying shit. Spent like 2 hours then i gave up on the fight. Spamming Cura every turn? Gaining free Bp when i hit it? Using charm and fear shit?

Just fuck him, guess it's time to grind more levels...

Got a few questions though, i've been avoiding the summoner class cause i feel like it could break the game. Is it a fair job to use? And is it worthy to change the thiefs to rangers?

Yeah he was the boss that gave me the most trouble so far. I had to have 2 mages with Resit Lighting and one of them had to heal most of the turns. I usually also tried to have everyone attack him on the same turn, so he doesn't stack BP in every other turn. I.e he could only cure/attack when I attacked him.

lol, I really should try out the Spell Fencer a bit more. I leveled it up a little on everyone, but haven't gone back to in a while. I should fix that. ;)

I think unless you're fighting against high magic damage bosses, its best used as a secondary class to add elemental damage to your attacks

I think unless you're fighting against high magic damage bosses, its best used as a secondary class to add elemental damage to your attacks

Ah gotcha. Makes sense. :)

---

Damn, (Chapter 3)
they are really making Agnes quite unlikable now. She needs to quit being a jerk to Edea... D:

bumpkin

If anyone's looking for more friends to add villagers to their town, my FC is 3652-0543-3251.

PM me with your code if you add me!

Chapter 3 Sidequest:
Fuck this bard and his stupid insistence of traveling to every last corner of the globe. I think Praline is my most hated Eternia officer just for making me put up with this bullshit.

Tiu Neo

Ah gotcha. Makes sense. :)

---

Damn, (Chapter 3)
they are really making Agnes quite unlikable now. She needs to quit being a jerk to Edea... D:

Stoped at Ch. 3.
She was ok on Ch. 1, annoying on Chapter 2, but 3 made me hate her. I hope she gets better...

Chapter 3 Sidequest:
Fuck this bard and his stupid insistence of traveling to every last corner of the globe. I think Praline is my most hated Eternia officer just for making me put up with this bullshit.

Her battle/scenes were pretty fun, but yeah,
traveling all around the world
for her quest was shitty.

I just beat the first boss in BD. It's a shame they tied the job system to the boss fights. I would have liked to have a go at those two with more abilities.

The dubbing is great so far. I can't believe the monk was sergeant hatred.

B.K.

Chapter 3 Sidequest:

Yeah, that was annoying.
Do you REALLY need to travel all over the world just to learn how to sing loudly?

Chapter 3 Sidequest:

So after cutting a bloody swathe through all of Eternia's officers and stealing their clothes, PRALINE is the one we spare? Really?

joe2187

Banned
Man, this fucking
fat poison throwing asshole
in chapter 3

He kills my entire party in 3 turns! what's a good way to beat him?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Man, this fucking
in chapter 3

You could just jump spam him :p having somebody that can use dispel (white magic lvl 4, white mage job level 9) is helpful too. If you have star pendants those will also help. If you don't have many of those, try sticking it on one who has the
pirate
skill provoke, which will draw attacks to them, then you can focus on healing them.

I didn't do any of those things and it was a giant pain in the ass because of the regen lol. Just keep in mind that his attacks don't take defense into account, so feel free to just go all out offensive (but keep your health up of course).

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Man, this fucking
in chapter 3

If you any Star Pendants, equip them; otherwise keep everyone's health above the hi-potion damage (iirc 1000-1500 on hard? I can't remember) as it' is set damage. Dispel his regen effect when he casts it; You can't avoid being one shot by his
Dark Breath
attack as it's based on his lost health, but save a few bp to raise and heal afterwards. Using Hasteaga to go before him helps a lot. And whatever you do
don't use Damage Dispersion. Frickin' Agnes wiping everyone.

KarmaCow

Man, this fucking
in chapter 3

You just need to accept atleast one party member will die when he braves and plan ahead. He follows a predictable pattern so it's just a battle of attrition. Defaulting only mitigates his melee attack he does when he braves but you still need to play defensively for revive into potion.

That said, don't bother raising your defensive stats. His potion attacks do flat damage and the dark attack is unstoppable. The Pirate's Shell Split which lowers his physical defense will increase your damage significantly to keep up with his regen. You get skill early on so one or two fights will be enough.

neoism

Just wanted to pop in again to state how much I love this damn game. I haven't been this over-joyed to play a jRPG since either Final Fantasy 9, Dragon Quest 8 or Dragon Quest 9.

Now, I'm only in chapter 1 so I cannot speak of the main story line yet as I haven't experienced much of it, but I dunno if I've ever come across a side quest in a jrpg that I've liked as much as I did the
Profiteur/Thief quest
from Ancheim.

It added a lot to the world I'm exploring, as it seems like that something that could very well happen, and on top of that, I enjoy the voice acting so much in this game, and can't get enough of hearing people talk. The poor
thief from the quest from heart breaking in the situation he had been placed in.

I'm also having fun rebuilding Norende as well.

Then, we finally get to something that really sets this game over the edge for me, Party Chat. Sure, it's been done in other rpg's before, but not quite like this. The conversations that my team are having are just so damn believable and relevant. It's taking a world and breathing life into the characters to really make them seem as denizens of the world!

Perhaps I'm over-reacting to these small things, but this game is fucking brilliant.

MRGRGR.

Yeah, I've read everyone.. they're funny sometimes too... Really enjoy all the character's Agnes is really annoying voice wise though...

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm having way more fun with Lightning than Bravely Default... maybe I just hit a huge rut ever since Chapter 5.

neoism

I think getting 920+ JP per Rafflesia fight in chapter 5 will make leveling these jobs happen pretty quickly.

damn :( You know a game is soo damn good when you'll be sad when your max level...

Just hit Lv 50 and I just got to where My ship/boat can go in deep water in chapter 2. lol
I'm turning off exp til like chapter 5 or something.
<3 the game omg... I really hope the sequel isn't more than a year off..

I also just looked for a collector's Edition DAMN if anyone got one in prefect condition I would never open it... Sorry for you guys that got bagged up boxes.. :/ Shit I think SE would have done a better job publishing. Should have been hard plastic/cardboard or something.
But a few years though and they should easily get to $200+

Chairhome

you can't abilink through your friends through the Net, can you? My brother was visiting here and he played the game a lot, so he's like 60 levels higher than I am. I summoned him once or twice to oneshot a few of the early bosses (trying not to abuse it too much, haha), but I just started using abilink. He left this morning (back to another state), can I update my Abilink/summon friend through the internet?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I also just looked for a collector's Edition DAMN if anyone got one in prefect condition I would never open it... Sorry for you guys that got bagged up boxes.. :/ Shit I think SE would have done a better job publishing. Should have been hard plastic/cardboard or something.
But a few years though and they should easily get to $200+

Mine was damaged alot but even if it was perfect. I never sell it.

you can't abilink through your friends through the Net, can you? My brother was visiting here and he played the game a lot, so he's like 60 levels higher than I am. I summoned him once or twice to oneshot a few of the early bosses (trying not to abuse it too much, haha), but I just started using abilink. He left this morning (back to another state), can I update my Abilink/summon friend through the internet?

Yes you can. My ablinks are from people on neogaf.

Friend codes needed ofcourse =/

Chapter 5 spoilers
How did Edea not know Alternis and Ringabel looked the same? They were friends since they were children, am I supposed to believe he was wearing that helmet the whole time?

This never EVER makes any sense!
Quite a bit of the story doesn't hold up when you finish the game but this is especially confusing.

I'll ask again in case somebody sees it. If you have a level 11 merchant would you be willing to friend me?

FC is 2723-8950-2319

I ask because I need to get some cash to get falcon knives when I get ninja in chapter 3 and lord knows grinding doesn't work for shit to get gp

damn :( You know a game is soo damn good when you'll be sad when your max level...

Just hit Lv 50 and I just got to where My ship/boat can go in deep water in chapter 2. lol
I'm turning off exp til like chapter 5 or something.
<3 the game omg... I really hope the sequel isn't more than a year off..

Damn, you're more overleveled than I am. :p I've turned off exp while grinding jobs and only turn it on when I'm advancing the story - currently I'm 39 and just a little past where you are now.

I'll ask again in case somebody sees it. If you have a level 11 merchant would you be willing to friend me?

FC is 2723-8950-2319

I ask because I need to get some cash to get falcon knives when I get ninja in chapter 3 and lord knows grinding doesn't work for shit to get gp

If you don't mind max jobs across the boards, then feel free to add my FC (in profile).

Top Bottom