• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

Money-wise it is completely broken. There are faster methods, but this one doesn't require me to move the stick. This is the cheapest thing since chocobo auto-battles in FFT, which is funny to consider.

What are you doing? And what is this money egg?

Money-wise it is completely broken. There are faster methods, but this one doesn't require me to move the stick. This is the cheapest thing since chocobo auto-battles in FFT, which is funny to consider.

Yeah, what are you doing? I don't care to break the game in terms of getting tons of money. :p

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
You peasants will never find out.

Arab_1458ad_866327.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
What are you doing? And what is this money egg?
Money egg is a 200k item from Norende but only useful for gaining money by winning battles, which is actually much faster for later in the game, but for chapter 3, what I'm doing is ace.

Big Pharma is Merchant lvl11 ability. If you haven't leveled up Merchant, the best JP farming is
Starkfort just before where you battle Swordmaster.
Double Crescent Moon with two guys, and keep fire resistance of some kind on everyone because sometimes two enemies will attack first with strong fire shots. Every battle is 70-100jp.

Money egg is a 200k item from Norende but only useful for gaining money by winning battles, which is actually much faster for later in the game, but for chapter 3, what I'm doing is ace.

Big Pharma is Merchant lvl11 ability. If you haven't leveled up Merchant, the best JP farming is
Starkfort just before where you battle Swordmaster.
Double Crescent Moon with two guys, and keep fire resistance of some kind on everyone because sometimes two enemies will attack first with strong fire shots. Every battle is 70-100jp.

Oh, hmm. Might have to try that out. I stopped leveling Merchant a long time ago because it didn't seem very useful from a battle perspective (without spending money of course). When I get to that part on Chapter 3, I might level it up.

lol

Am I doing something wrong? I'm not gaining SP while my console sleeps. I thought all I need to do is close it and it start accumulating? I did the first time now it doesnt.

Dice

Am I doing something wrong? I'm not gaining SP while my console sleeps. I thought all I need to do is close it and it start accumulating? I did the first time now it doesnt.
First, it has to be in-game, not at the title screen. Second, your stock is limited to 3 so you can't just break every boss wide open from laziness.

Zing

Banned
With all these pg-farming desperation posts, anyone from SquareEnix reading this thread will immediately decide to add pg-for-real-money micro-transactions to the sequel. Thanks guys.

What is Big Pharma based off? Is it any certain stat or weapon? I ask because I abilinked with someone who has it, but it's only healing the enemy for 308 per cast. (I did like 1500 damage to the enemy too)

Ken

What is Big Pharma based off? Is it any certain stat or weapon? I ask because I abilinked with someone who has it, but it's only healing the enemy for 308 per cast. (I did like 1500 damage to the enemy too)

Mind, I think.

Any tips for
Automaton boss? Rocket Punches to the face. :(

Dice

Yes, it's Mind. Be a white mage, that helps, but then Salve-makrer has a support ability that doubles healing effects. I may get that to cut some moves out of my farming loop.

Any tips for
Automaton boss? Rocket Punches to the face. :(
Set every special move to lightning type and have 4 of them ready, use one that increases m.atk and one that increases crits, have a black mage ready with lightning amp from equipment and 4 group thundaras right after the specials. This was a one-turn battle for me.

just got the pirate job.
Edea qt3.14.

B-but... I need the pgs to feed my poor starving kids.

I see, I do want to buy some of the higher price things I've unlocked

Like it's been said I'm another person doing the big pharma routine. To do it somewhat succesfully, which is the way that doesn't require any particular skills besides big pharma but requires you to check on the screen after BLANK minutes when the enemy is close to healing to do a second auto-battle routine, is as follows:

1. You need two characters with blessed shield. Can't remember which level the armor shop must be at, but you need to level it to at least 4 or 5 I believe.

2. You need one character with big pharma. I personally had it abilinked.

3. Have one character attack soil eater/sand worm (aka the one with the 6000 health in normal). Another character heal the entire party using blessed shield as an item (does cura without wasting MP). Have the last character do big pharma.

Hopefully you find a character that does about as much damage as your big pharma person can recover. My set-up had the attack do 700 damage, big pharma recovered about 600, and everybody was fully healed by the end of the turn. This basically forced me tho check on the guy after so many minutes.

As to what stat it's based off, I have no clue. My merchant is currently at level 8 or 9 (when I did it she was level 2 or 3), so no idea if that affects it. I'll let you know. I would assume that an abilinked skill that is much higher than what you would have will not be as effective.

edit: huh. If it's really based off mind then I might as well go back to my whtie mage set-up since she has higher mind.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
One thing I hate is that some weapons are just inherently better just because of their Special requirements. Like, hell no, am I going to use a plethora of items to use a Special.

Dice

One thing I hate is that some weapons are just inherently better just because of their Special requirements. Like, hell no, am I going to use a plethora of items to use a Special.
Use the weapon as an item to attack. Semantic victory!

Just got pirate recently.

Now comes the dilemma. I know Pirate is highly praised.

Should I stick with Valkyrie? She's currently level 9 and with lu bu spear, and doing more than decent damage when it comes to jump/high jump (Edea).

I want to make her a pirate since she's been my heavy hitter from day one, but over-all and later end game does pirate hold up better than valkyrie? Vice versa? or is it all personal choice?

I wonder if, just like with Lu bu spear, if pirate has some special axe from the weapons shop that makes it wreck.

My god, encounter +100% and auto-battle are like the best things ever. Helps me with my desire to keep all my jobs at a high level. I'm sure there's no reason to do so since there are definite better places down the road to jp farm but its so hard to resist.

Rebel Leader

Just got pirate recently.

Now comes the dilemma. I know Pirate is highly praised.

Should I stick with Valkyrie? She's currently level 9 and with lu bu spear, and doing more than decent damage when it comes to jump/high jump (Edea).

I want to make her a pirate since she's been my heavy hitter from day one, but over-all and later end game does pirate hold up better than valkyrie? Vice versa? or is it all personal choice?

I wonder if, just like with Lu bu spear, if pirate has some special axe from the weapons shop that makes it wreck.

I'm in the same predicament

KarmaCow

Wait why is Pirate highly praised? The status debuffs are nice but the damage output doesn't seem to be worth it because of the low hit rate. The only time I found it useful is when paired with the Free MP when <20% hp skill from the Red Mage to spam Double Damage.

Velcro Fly

Just level up the new class a little and see if you like it? You can turn off EXP if you feel like doing that would break the game. There's really no wrong way to play the game as long as you are having fun.

Wait why is Pirate highly praised? The status debuffs are nice but the damage output doesn't seem to be worth it because of the low hit rate. The only time I found it useful is when paired with the Free MP when <20% hp skill from the Red Mage to spam Double Damage.

against high defense enemies, you're better off with High Damage low # of hits over Low Damage high # of hits because each hit is rolled against the enemies' defense

Dice

There is a damn good axe in there, which she can two-hand all the same. And she can sub valkyrie to use the same moves, only losing the spear bonus, but the base damage bonus on both her stats and the strength of the axe and later 20% damage bonus more than make up for that, and if you want you can spend some MP to do double damage instead of BP, and if you're ever in critical condition, oooohhhh fuck it's on.

Subbing swordmaster or ninja is probably better though. Valkyrie seems like a mid-tier job for mid-tier play, though a couple abilities could be good supplements in certain conditions.

This doesn't work.
Looks like someone needs a knife with an ability.

KarmaCow

against high defense enemies, you're better off with High Damage low # of hits over Low Damage high # of hits because each hit is rolled against the enemies' defense

That makes sense but it still seems like a Valkyrie does similar damage but with better defensive stats and Spears have better special requirements compared to Axes. Pirate does seem to be a great subjob though.

That makes sense but it still seems like a Valkyrie does similar damage but with better defensive stats and Spears have better special requirements compared to Axes. Pirate does seem to be a great subjob though.

I think Pirates used to be the most powerful/overpowered class back in the first japanese version but got nerfed in the US version, I'm currently running Pirate (Edea), Ninja ( Ringabell), Valkyrie (Tiz) and White Mage (Agnes) and switch around secondaries as need be

I mean I wasn't planning on going with daggers for the special, but it'd be disappointing if I can't use the thief dagger to get the special before a battle. I don't wanna spam items for the sake of spamming items.

edit: can pirate's amped Strike (4x normal damage for half of MP) be combined with valkyrie's high jump? If so that'd be a deadly combination

Rebel Leader

I think Pirates used to be the most powerful/overpowered class back in the first japanese version but got nerfed in the US version, I'm currently running Pirate (Edea), Ninja ( Ringabell), Valkyrie (Tiz) and White Mage (Agnes) and switch around secondaries as need be

I heard on a review video that it's "for the sequel" version

Eteric Rice

So, if I switch a guy to job, and switch another character to his job, it doesn't carry over?

This is going to be a pain. Is there an easy way to level jobs?

So, if I switch a guy to job, and switch another character to his job, it doesn't carry over?

They're separate jobs on separate people, so yeah, it doesn't carry over.

It's easy enough to grind if you want to though, but if you just play normally the standard encounter rate will be fine for most purposes. Up until level 9 it's pretty easy to level jobs.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Leveling jobs is super easy until you get to level 9, then it slows down.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
My severe OCD has ruined this game for me. How nice. Basically, I saw an XP total at the end of a battle that I think shouldn't have happened (326) when it's usually 378 with all the bonuses (and with the tier 2 bonus it's 304) and I convinced myself that Nintendo will ban me or something for hacking the game (which I know is impossible). I spent hours trying to get that same 326 total to reappear and am now level 49 in Chapter 2.

So yeah, I'm done because of OCD! Yay mental illness! So yeah I went and deleted my save. Because of OCD! All these hours down the drain! Yay! I need to block out the goddamn XP total at the end of battles from now on or I'll go insane.

Dice

I didn't realize Hartschild had two mind-increasing items for sale. Using those on my commerce white mage and then valkyrie halberd on edea to keep the damage in safe range allowed me to eliminate the braves and dedicate my other heal to the party. Now I'm on a loop that makes 600k an hour.

Velcro Fly

So I'm guessing buying an Angel Bow and a Lu Bu spear in chapter 1 is overkill?

How are merchants with knight's 2 hand ability and a spear?

Top Bottom