• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I didn't realize Hartschild had two mind-increasing items for sale. Using those on my commerce white mage and then valkyrie halberd on edea to keep the damage in safe range allowed me to eliminate the braves and dedicate my other heal to the party. Now I'm on a loop that makes 600k an hour.

Are you doing the same thing as you posted eariler?

Like it's been said I'm another person doing the big pharma routine. To do it somewhat succesfully, which is the way that doesn't require any particular skills besides big pharma but requires you to check on the screen after BLANK minutes when the enemy is close to healing to do a second auto-battle routine, is as follows:

1. You need two characters with blessed shield. Can't remember which level the armor shop must be at, but you need to level it to at least 4 or 5 I believe.

2. You need one character with big pharma. I personally had it abilinked.

3. Have one character attack soil eater/sand worm (aka the one with the 6000 health in normal). Another character heal the entire party using blessed shield as an item (does cura without wasting MP). Have the last character do big pharma.

Hopefully you find a character that does about as much damage as your big pharma person can recover. My set-up had the attack do 700 damage, big pharma recovered about 600, and everybody was fully healed by the end of the turn. This basically forced me tho check on the guy after so many minutes.

As to what stat it's based off, I have no clue. My merchant is currently at level 8 or 9 (when I did it she was level 2 or 3), so no idea if that affects it. I'll let you know. I would assume that an abilinked skill that is much higher than what you would have will not be as effective.

edit: huh. If it's really based off mind then I might as well go back to my whtie mage set-up since she has higher mind.

Thanks a lot for this! It's working great on Auto. :) It does around 700 healing now on White Mage with +MND stuff and my damager does around 600-700 as well. Great way to make money lol while not really even playing.

Thanks everyone else for the tips as well. :)

JLeack

Banned
Any tips for what my fourth character should be?

I'm aiming for:

Dark Knight/Vampire

Ninja/Spell Fencer

Spiritmaster/White Mage

So I'm guessing buying an Angel Bow and a Lu Bu spear in chapter 1 is overkill?

How are merchants with knight's 2 hand ability and a spear?

Well. lu bu spear is great for valkyries. They do a lot of damage normally I get but I don't think any class back then had S for spears. As to bow, I had it for my thief and wasn't OVER-kill, just really strong.

Eeek, chapter 3 enemies hit a lot harder than chapter 2 (I was roflstomping them)

Yeah. It's a shame when enemies now may require two turns to beat with two sets of physical damages.

I'm aiming for:

Dark Knight/Vampire

Ninja/Spell Fencer

Spiritmaster/White Mage

I'm nowhere near the end but I would suggest having a perfomer in there. Apparently they're the best support class in buffs/debuffs.

colinp

Banned
Reading this thread just makes me realize how many crazy things I want to try!

I wish it was the end of the day and I was playing it now! So damn addicted. =D

goblin

I'm aiming for:

Dark Knight/Vampire

Ninja/Spell Fencer

Spiritmaster/White Mage

Wouldn't hurt you to throw a BP generator into that mix for your Spiritmaster's Wards. Both Performer/Freelancer (My Hero, Mime) or Group-Cast All + Status Ailment Amp + B/W Magic with BP Recovery on everybody work pretty well depending on the situation. The former requires more JP investment into one character and generates less BP (4 vs. 6) but the latter will occasionally miss on your Spiritmaster with their high Magic Defense and takes up an Ability slot on your entire party.

Velcro Fly

Merchants are S rank with spears too. Also with Staves.

My merchant with a Lu Bu spear would have 161 attack compared to my Thief with an Angel Bow who has 119 attack.

I'd love to see some damage outputs on that but I don't know if I should spend the rest of my money on that spear. It's so tempting though. Maybe I have some spare consumables I could part with to help defray the cost...

since NPD is up right now, it's the perfect time for Amazon stuff LOL

Bravely Default-6th (still holding)

FFXIII: LR (PS3)-27th
360 version fell off the top 100

I'm starting to suspect Lightning Returns bombed in America....

Works out cheaper to buy Golden first.

How so? I mean, Golden would help me get more money, but I can't imagine it would be faster than doing what I'm doing now which is like 700pg every 3-4 seconds. And when I have that equipped, I don't gain exp/jp I think. Seems a lot less useful to me.

EDIT: Jeez, I didn't realize Growth Egg was 500k...

Exentryk

Chapter 5 question:
Is there a cut off for any of the boss re-fights or am I free to get to those as I like?

End of Chapter 5 is the cut off for chapter 5 bosses.

How so? I mean, Golden would help me get more money, but I can't imagine it would be faster than doing what I'm doing now which is like 700pg every 3-4 seconds. And when I have that equipped, I don't gain exp/jp I think. Seems a lot less useful to me.

I just meant money wise. If you also want exp/jp, then go straight for Growth Egg.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Are you doing the same thing as you posted eariler?
With one move turns instead of two move turns, but it eventually broke. It's important to make sure you are healing it better than you are hurting it, with crits factored.

macklelol

Golden Egg is really needed if you want to grind money normally (not through healing enemies). It is much, much, much faster than big pharma, but you need to put a little effort to do it lol.

Golden Egg is really needed if you want to grind money normally (not through healing enemies). It is much, much, much faster than big pharma, but you need to put a little effort to do it lol.

Ohh, I see. Hmm. Are there really good places to grind for money later with the Golden Egg? Like what chapter? :eek:

Is this game going to deliver if I'm expecting FF 7/8/9?

It's not quite to the AAA scope of those titles in terms of how much money was poured into it relatively at that time, but I'm definitely enjoying it as much if not more than some of those games. Though the game does have many choices to adapt for more modern people. Like being able to determine how many random battles you want.

Ohh, I see. Hmm. Are there really good places to grind for money later with the Golden Egg? Like what chapter? :eek:

I was making 4k-8k at the beginning of chapter 4 using a golden egg and more money, 4k if only 2 mobs, 8k if 4 and just did crescent moon sweeps. Made back the 200k I used to get the egg in like 20 min :)

I was making 4k-8k at the beginning of chapter 4 using a golden egg and more money, 4k if only 2 mobs, 8k if 4 and just did crescent moon sweeps. Made back the 200k I used to get the egg in like 20 min :)

Not bad. I'm still tempted to get the Growth Egg first, but I'm sure I would regret it later. Dat growth egg tho... mmm lvling more jobs faster. :)

goblin

There's a decent place to grind in Chapter 4 (especially if you abuse the Salve-Maker), but the best places to grind (for everything) are found in at least Chapter 5.
Chapter 6 offers a job that makes grinding trivial.

Velcro Fly

I think I'm going for it with the Lu Bu spear. I figure having a merchant will double my money drops so I won't be broke for long. Plus I'll get use out of the spear since I suspect it will be the best spear I'll get for awhile. Can even reuse if I'm leveling someone as a knight.

If I break the game oh well. At least I'll have fun.

Not bad. I'm still tempted to get the Growth Egg first, but I'm sure I would regret it later. Dat growth egg tho... mmm lvling more jobs faster. :)

haha, I couldn't resist. Now my problem is that now that I can afford the best weapons (end game weapons) from the village, should I just equip them with the best possible gear at chapter 4? Or should I hold off from breaking the game completely wide open...

There's a decent place to grind in Chapter 4 (especially if you abuse the Salve-Maker), but the best places to grind (for everything) are found in at least Chapter 5.
Chapter 6 offers a job that makes grinding trivial.

Oh, cool. I might just hold off grinding for money until then. :)

haha, I couldn't resist. Now my problem is that now that I can afford the best weapons (end game weapons) from the village, should I just equip them with the best possible gear at chapter 4? Or should I hold off from breaking the game completely wide open...

lol, I kind of know what you mean. Personally, I'm gonna hold off because even though I would say the game is hard, I would like for the bosses to at least pose a challenge and not get 2-3 shot, lol.

I get something like 2-3 mil/hr by grinding in Florem (chapter 5 and beyond).

Jeez...

pahamrick

Thanks a lot for this! It's working great on Auto. :) It does around 700 healing now on White Mage with +MND stuff and my damager does around 600-700 as well. Great way to make money lol while not really even playing.

Thanks everyone else for the tips as well. :)

Don't forget the ability to increase recovery effects applies to big pharma as well. I forget which job has it, but prior to putting it on Big Pharma healed 500-600+ with it enemies get healed for 1100-1200 per.

So right now I've got this setup going

Knight with blessed shield
Ninja with merchant ability, Free MP in a pinch, increased recovery effects
Black Mage free mp in a pinch
White Mage free mp in a pinch

Knight defaults
Ninja Big Pharma x2
Black Mage Fira against Fire week enemy (Will attack twice before Ninja does Big Pharma, but Ninja heals enemy back to full HP with both casts)
White Mage Cura on knight just in case.

It's been going for about an hour now, no problem. Should be able to afford growth egg and all the village goodies I want.

I've spent the last week trying to get the mammon with elixir, and I'm at close to 800 villagers for it. At least my village is completely restored now.

Rebel Leader

Don't forget the ability to increase recovery effects applies to big pharma as well. I forget which job has it, but prior to putting it on Big Pharma healed 500-600+ with it enemies get healed for 1100-1200 per.

So right now I've got this setup going

Knight with blessed shield
Ninja with merchant ability, Free MP in a pinch, increased recovery effects
Black Mage free mp in a pinch
White Mage free mp in a pinch

Knight defaults
Ninja Big Pharma x2
Black Mage Fira against Fire week enemy (Will attack twice before Ninja does Big Pharma, but Ninja heals enemy back to full HP with both casts)
White Mage Cura on knight just in case.

It's been going for about an hour now, no problem. Should be able to afford growth egg and all the village goodies I want.

I've spent the last week trying to get the mammon with elixir, and I'm at close to 800 villagers for it. At least my village is completely restored now.

When does ninja appear?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You get a lot more money/XP/JP in chapter 5. It takes a few minutes to level a class from 1 to 14. I'm not sure about gold because I am using a growth egg, but Rafflesia fights can give you 999 JP 12500 XP.

Damn, it takes forever to level jobs early on. Thank god it gets easier.

Zing

Banned
I wish once you examined an enemy, all future spawns of that type would be auto-examined.
They are. Any enemy examined once will show its weaknesses and stats for the rest of the game. In battle, circle pad left, then press A on the enemy. It shows the enemy's stats, weaknesses, and max HP.

They are. Any enemy examined once will show its weaknesses and stats for the rest of the game. In battle, circle pad left, then press A on the enemy. It shows the enemy's stats, weaknesses, and max HP.

So do we actually have to press A for the health to appear? Because it seems like the weakness and type appear, but the health says ??? again. But I've never done more than press left.

Really? That's weird. I swear I have examined monsters and later, I'd fight them again, and it wouldn't say how much HP they had... Hm.

ohlawd

just got the true ending.

HOLY SHIT! ALL OF MY WAT!

lvl 99, all jobs maxed out, all sidequests done (yes, all of them and it fucking took forever), too lazy to do postgame but I've already done the tedious part. 58 hours but that's my fault. Too much time wasted.

don't even wanna look at this game right now. I'll do postgame tomorrow morning. I'm going back to Monster Hunter for the evening.

Rebel Leader

just got the true ending.

HOLY SHIT! ALL OF MY WAT!

lvl 99, all jobs maxed out, all sidequests done (yes, all of them and it fucking took forever), too lazy to do postgame but I've already done the tedious part. 58 hours but that's my fault. Too much time wasted.

don't even wanna look at this game right now. I'll do postgame tomorrow morning. I'm going back to Monster Hunter for the evening.

There's different's endings?... Fuck.........

Top Bottom