• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

Is it wrong If I changed every special shout of my members to be shouts from this gem [NSFW language]?

Like when my Tiz attacks he screams "I got crabs!" and when my Edea attacks she says "I'm barely 18!"

I know it's childish but when they asked me to give shouts this was the first thing that came to my head.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Chapter 4 sidequest spoilers:
Finished off the last two dragons. Making my way to the Vampire Castle now.

Love that feeling when you know you're close to getting a new job.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Is it wrong If I changed every special shout of my members to be shouts from this gem [NSFW language]?

Like when my Tiz attacks he screams "I got crabs!" and when my Edea attacks she says "I'm barely 18!"

I know it's childish but when they asked me to give shouts this was the first thing that came to my head.
Not giving Edea "________ Mrgrgr" or "Mrgrgr ________"
so much disappoint.

satori

Went to pick up at my local store since my daughter saw me played it and she wants it. None in stock at any of the stores. Bah

Dragner

Why does level 14 in Freelancer need 9999 JP when no other class requires even half that?

You get Mimic, a really busted skill that let you copy any previous skill without using MP. Performer + Freelancer with Mimic is one of the best combinations in the game.

If you don't see a 25% boost for all stats as impactful...sure.

Not when you are stuck in a class with a poor skillset, limiting what kind of combinations you can use. And even after the boost, other classes still have higher stats in particular areas even if they aren't as well rounded. It seems underwhelming considering the lengths you have to go to get it, other combinations still seem much more powerful.

Velcro Fly

Not when you are stuck in a class with a poor skillset, limiting what kind of combinations you can use. And even after the boost, other classes still have higher stats in particular areas even if they aren't as well rounded. It seems underwhelming considering the lengths you have to go to get it, other combinations still seem much more powerful.

Grinding all jobs to max is part of the fun and appeal of the game. At least to me anyway.

Dragner

Grinding all jobs to max is part of the fun and appeal of the game. At least to me anyway.

And Still, the 25% boost is great when you combine with class that want
Mimic
but doesnt care about any other skillset and have poor stats like Merchant or Performer.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

But you get Mimic so considering you spread all the jobs out everyone is potentially 5 jobs at once

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
^^ no idea, I've got 78 or something and that was more than enough to get the village complete rather fast (use sleep mode)

Finally have a setup I'm really happy about

I'll spoiler everything, because I don't know how sensitive some of you are of getting job classes spoiled.

Edea:
Valkyrie w/Salve-Maker
Tiz:
Monk w/Ranger
Agnes:
Red Mage w/Time Mage
Ringabel:
Ninja w/Summoner

Considering switching
Salve-Maker and Summoner
ability between Edea and Ringabel. But Ringabel was already leveled up ..

Edea and Tiz usually wipes mobs by themselves. Agnes provides great support. Ringabel is really useful in boss fights.

evilhomer

Went to pick up at my local store since my daughter saw me played it and she wants it. None in stock at any of the stores. Bah

This happened to me to and it was on Friday, close to release, no copies in any stores anywhere. Ended up just getting a bigger memory card and downloading it instead. I really like having the bigger card and happy with how incredibly easy it was to transfer the data over, but man did it take a while to download from the e-shop.

Jintor

just got the true ending.

HOLY SHIT! ALL OF MY WAT!

lvl 99, all jobs maxed out, all sidequests done (yes, all of them and it fucking took forever), too lazy to do postgame but I've already done the tedious part. 58 hours but that's my fault. Too much time wasted.

don't even wanna look at this game right now. I'll do postgame tomorrow morning. I'm going back to Monster Hunter for the evening.

I get the feeling I'm too relaxed lol. I'm pushing 60 hours and I'm not even past chapter 6 yet.

Chapters 5 and 6 have been really boring. It doesn't help that all the boss battles are a cinch because of things like poison ->exterminate and free lunch -> amped strike.

scarlet

Chapter 4 sidequest spoilers:
Finished off the last two dragons. Making my way to the Vampire Castle now.

Love that feeling when you know you're close to getting a new job.

I can't even beat a single one. I'm level 54, is it too low?

The stormy breath twice in a row :(

duckroll

Got to the temple of fire, got wiped by the boss. Decided to do some backtracking. Picked up all the summons I missed, even though I don't have a summoner, lol. Beat the pirate. Taking a break before I head back to the fire temple again. I think I have a plan this time. I really dig the extra notes in the Journal which get added after beating certain bosses.

RDreamer

WTF. The red mage fight is fucking impossible. I've been breezing through everything in the game without really trying and this is just hitting me hard.

I'm only in the dungeon with the Rainbow Thread and dear fuck I'm getting my ass handed to me.

I'm not even a low level, I don't think, I'm like 15. I have a Freelance, White Mage, Black Mage, and the knuckle class(forgot its name). I mean, outside the dungeon I was killing monsters with my knuckle dude in one hit.

Tiu Neo

Got to the temple of fire, got wiped by the boss. Decided to do some backtracking. Picked up all the summons I missed, even though I don't have a summoner, lol. Beat the pirate. Taking a break before I head back to the fire temple again. I think I have a plan this time. I really dig the extra notes in the Journal which get added after beating certain bosses.

Stopped at that part too. Had my ass handed by him, now I'm grinding a bit and working on new builds for my characters.

The journal is neat, but there's at least one instance where it spoiled me, on chapter 1. Now I wait a bit before reading updates, and read everything at once near the end of the chapter :p

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Just completed the Mines/Fort mission guess I'm about to hit up the Temple of Fire.

Completed the restoration of Norende, but I only have like 75k pg on hand. If I have everyone as a Merchant I can get like 576 pg a battle in Eisenberg, but when I want stuff that costs 100-200k that's not really gonna work out well.

It might be kind of early, but can anyone with an American copy tell me what today's Nemesis is?

Curious if everyone got the special Valentine's Day Nemesis.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

What's your plan?

Animekatt

I just beat the fire temple boss. He was hella annoying. Now I'm omw to get the Pirate! Arrg.

Subxero

I just got to the second City. I've out about 10 hours in. I only have one more section of Norende to unlock.

I tried the level ten nemesis when I was level 12 and got destroyed. I'm 15 now and may give it a try again tonight.

I'm really enjoying the game so far.

Got all the characters to lvl 99 and mastered nearly all the classes before finally moving on from that early Chapter 4 dungeon ha Did the side quest and finished Chapter 4. Chapter 5 time! Well, not until tonight haha I also curb stomped all the Asmodeus' my roommate street passed over to me so I finally have room for new Nemesis'. I know you're out there somewhere, Elixir Mammon! I need to remember to try and see if I can hit the 999,999 dmg attack and update my summon.

Anyone know if haste and slow actually does anything? There's no ATB bar, so I don't notice my party taking any extra turns.

Also, I'm well into chapter 3 and still have Tiz as monk. Any recommendations for a job class for him? He hits hard and has great HP so I use him as my tank.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Planning on getting both, but what do people prefer? This or Fire Emblem? Or are they incomparable?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Planning on getting both, but what do people prefer? This or Fire Emblem? Or are they incomparable?
I will go with incomparable. They are bothvtpg but gameplay is completely different.

On cell and at work.

Though.. FE has lon`qu.. who kills everything. Not even god could stop him

Anyone know if haste and slow actually does anything? There's no ATB bar, so I don't notice my party taking any extra turns.

Also, I'm well into chapter 3 and still have Tiz as monk. Any recommendations for a job class for him? He hits hard and has great HP so I use him as my tank.

They're very useful for bosses with higher or similar Speed than yours.

Your Speed determines how early you act in battle in relation to other characters/enemies.

Top Bottom