• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

I see a lot of red mage and fire temple boss problems. With red mage you have to make your hits count
so only attack with 1 or 2 characters or else you'll give him too much bp for little to no damage. The others should be on heal duty. Can't rush this one.
. For the fire temple
default until he does his big hit. Buff up before he transforms and go all out after he does his wave. After its just rinse and repeat. His 3k party wipe went down to around 1.3k after defaulting. And its not magic or physical damage which is a let down. Initially i tried protect and then reflect to no avail

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I can't even beat a single one. I'm level 54, is it too low?

The stormy breath twice in a row :(

Nah shouldn't be. I can offer you a really easy, cheesy strategy where you can't lose if you want.

four ninjas, two daggers each, abilities are Comeback Kid(ninja), Transience(ninja), Turn Tables(red mage), and Counter Amp (swordmaster). You can do sword magic for your secondary for more damage. As long as your ninjas are faster than the dragon you can't lose. Use utsusemi (or whatever that ability is that dodges one physical attack is). Every dragon attack is physical, so you will dodge everything, including the breath as long as you reuse that move after dodging. Then just brave spam when you can plus the sword magic of your choice and you'll win

Stopped at that part too. Had my ass handed by him, now I'm grinding a bit and working on new builds for my characters.

The journal is neat, but there's at least one instance where it spoiled me, on chapter 1. Now I wait a bit before reading updates, and read everything at once near the end of the chapter :p

Are you talking about the Journal spoiling
that Owen dies?
I read that before it happened and was like WTF. lol

vareon

Is there a separate thread for friend codes?

I'm a bit torn in how I play. I want to see people's character builds, ideas, etc but I'm VERY worried about spoilers since I enjoy the story without knowing anything.

Tiu Neo

Are you talking about the Journal spoiling
that Owen dies?
I read that before it happened and was like WTF. lol

Yes, that's it. I know it's a journal that tells the future
or so it seems
, but I thought that part of the Journal was Ringabell writing as the events happened :p

My fault, so I keep away from it until I feel it's safe to read again, after big events and chapter ends.

scarlet

Nah shouldn't be. I can offer you a really easy, cheesy strategy where you can't lose if you want.

four ninjas, two daggers each, abilities are Comeback Kid(ninja), Transience(ninja), Turn Tables(red mage), and Counter Amp (swordmaster). You can do sword magic for your secondary for more damage. As long as your ninjas are faster than the dragon you can't lose. Use utsusemi (or whatever that ability is that dodges one physical attack is). Every dragon attack is physical, so you will dodge everything, including the breath as long as you reuse that move after dodging. Then just brave spam when you can plus the sword magic of your choice and you'll win

Finally beat
the wyvern, I spam with specials lol

Niraj, Gulbis beat DelPo T.T

Guys, question about accessories
golden egg & growth, is the effect for the group or individual?

My brother and I are interested in this game, but since there's no direct multiplayer we were wondering how the cartridge would work if we used a single game with 2 save files and 2 3ds's. Would they be able to interact with each other?

Edit: And i mean, would i be able to send him friend units/villiagers/anythign i might not be aware of.

Yes, that's it. I know it's a journal that tells the future
or so it seems
, but I thought that part of the Journal was Ringabell writing as the events happened :p

My fault, so I keep away from it until I feel it's safe to read again, after big events and chapter ends.

Yeah, as soon as I unlocked the journal, I started to read it (all 128+ pages), but when I started getting into stuff that
hadn't happened yet
, I stopped. I suspect we are supposed to read it anyways, but I just didn't want to especially after that spoiler in Chapter 1. I'm pretty sure that part of the journal was Ringabel writing the events as it happened (I think only the first section shows more) - I think the devs just made a mistake on the timing. I could be wrong, though.

Niraj

Finally beat
the wyvern, I spam with specials lol

Niraj, Gulbis beat DelPo T.T

Guys, question about accessories
golden egg & growth, is the effect for the group or individual?

Yeah what the hell is up with that? Lol

Those affect the group.

Pbae

So I just started Chapter 3 and I'm level 58 with all my jobs a minimum level of 9. You guys think I should turn off xp gain?

So I just started Chapter 3 and I'm level 58 with all my jobs a minimum level of 9. You guys think I should turn off xp gain?

I started Chapter 3 at like 34 or 35, so.. maybe, lol. Up to you, though.

(and I'm pretty sure I was slightly overleveled myself)

Pbae

I started Chapter 3 at like 34 or 35, so.. maybe, lol. Up to you, though.

(and I'm pretty sure I was slightly overleveled myself)

Damn, I mean I'm still having fun so it's not so bad but curse my OCD where I need all my characters to be relatively the same level =[

Oh well I don't mind pretending that 4x speed is like a movie montage and that I'm about to drop the hammer Karate Kid style.

Mothman91

Lvl 26 and just got to chapter 2. Only done 1 side quest and got the
ranger
class. I'm ok with my level? Seems like some people really over leveled, and somewhat I feel overpowered. I really whooped that side quest boss pretty easily.

Maybesew

Question for the people that have advanced further into the game about the Lore support abilities. Are there any really strong combos to work towards? Most classes already have the ideal weapon class as an S skill. But I was thinking leveling
Ranger for Bow Lore
to use with
Thief.
I was wondering if that's worth while, or if any other combo makes sense.

Gaz_RB

ranger
class. I'm ok with my level? Seems like some people really over leveled, and somewhat I feel overpowered. I really whooped that side quest boss pretty easily.
That side quest boss is kind of a wimpy bitch.

But you're probably a good level. The last boss of the chapter may give you pause.

Indrew

Neo Member
Question for the people that have advanced further into the game about the Lore support abilities. Are there any really strong combos to work towards? Most classes already have the ideal weapon class as an S skill. But I was thinking leveling
Ranger for Bow Lore
to use with
Thief.
I was wondering if that's worth while, or if any other combo makes sense.

I didn't notice that much of a difference between A and S. I tried the exact same thing.

I think there are better skills that could take up that spot.

ranger

Just finished that fight this morning and my thief Tiz was getting rekt for 1300 HP every time he ate a multicast. Maybe I was underleveled.

Pbae

Alright guys I need a good, even exploitive money making strat because I need to afford the eggs.

I'm at the beginning of Chapter 3, level 36.

Near the beginning of Chapter 3 is a place called Grapp Keep and this is going to help you power level and gain a lot of money quick. Here are the steps.

1. Buy 4 Sage's Staff. These staffs allow you to cast Raise.
2. Equip the Staff on all your characters and enter the Keep.
3. The best place to grind is the third floor and if you want to maximize your $ flow have a merchant class ready.
4. Brave 4x with all characters using the staff. Items -> Sage Staff -> Use -> Foe List -> Enemy of Choice.
5.This will auto kill all the enemies in the dungeon since they're all undead.
6. Profit

*You can power level a merchant to level 11 to get a move called Big Pharma and use this for an infinite money glitch*

Mothman91

I keep on forgetting to steal. Just beat the second side quest for the
summoner
class. I stole something from her the first time yet wiped. Second time I couldn't and killed her before I could've gotten anything. Is there a list of all stealable items I can look at? Would be useful.

Tiu Neo

Yeah, as soon as I unlocked the journal, I started to read it (all 128+ pages), but when I started getting into stuff that
hadn't happened yet
, I stopped. I suspect we are supposed to read it anyways, but I just didn't want to especially after that spoiler in Chapter 1. I'm pretty sure that part of the journal was Ringabel writing the events as it happened (I think only the first section shows more) - I think the devs just made a mistake on the timing. I could be wrong, though.

I read it all, it's not that bad, but it makes some things very, very obvious... or at least a creates some big red herrings. But everything was vague enough to not spoil anything important on the game... until that. :p

Quite a lot of things that are written on the journal (SPECULATION + CH. 3 light spoilers)
seem to happen differently on the game. Almost like an alternate timeline or something like that.

I just want to see HOW they will explain it, now :p

Near the beginning of Chapter 3 is a place called Grapp Keep and this is going to help you power level and gain a lot of money quick. Here are the steps.

1. Buy 4 Sage's Staff. These staffs allow you to cast Raise.
2. Equip the Staff on all your characters and enter the Keep.
3. The best place to grind is the third floor and if you want to maximize your $ flow have a merchant class ready.
4. Brave 4x with all characters using the staff. Items -> Sage Staff -> Use -> Foe List -> Enemy of Choice.
5.This will auto kill all the enemies in the dungeon since they're all undead.
6. Profit

*You can power level a merchant to level 11 to get a move called Big Pharma and use this for an infinite money glitch*

Fucking sweet. Thanks dude.

demidar

Have you tried Hasten World? I hear monsters will use their abilities more frequently with BP.

From what I've observed, when enemies have 1 BP or more, they Brave once (or multiple times for bosses) and follow the same exact pattern, overriding other behaviour. For example, if you managed to catch a spellcaster with silence before they cast, they gain 1 BP as a result of having their spell cancelled then continue to Brave trying to cast more spells ad infinitum (they essentially are taken out of the fight and are completely useless).

Pbae

Fucking sweet. Thanks dude.

Here's the Big Pharma Infinite Money Glitch.

What you need
-Character with Merchant class @ lvl 11 (Big Pharma Skill) This Character should have 20+ speed compared to the attacking mage.
-Attack Mage with MP IN A PINCH (lvl 5 Red Mage)
-Knight with PROTECT ALLY
-Healer also with MP IN A PINCH
-Physical Attack Only Enemy

The Steps

1. Find your enemy and if necessary kill off all but one.
2. Either whack the crap out of your own characters (Magic Attacker and Healer) or absorb the hits until they are under 20% HP. You can tell because they'll hunch over. This allows them to cast spells for 0 MP with MP IN A PINCH skill.
3.Set Knight to Default. The knight is important since it'll absorb all individual attacks aimed toward your characters under 20% HP with their passive skill PROTECT ALLY.
4. Hit the enemy using magic. You want to use a magic attack since it does consistent damage and cannot crit. Make sure the damage does not surpass the amount healed by BIG PHARMA or else the cycle will not work or will cut short.
5. Heal the enemy using BIG PHARMA with your Merchant class character. Any damage healed with this skill will give the amount you healed as $.
6. Using your other healer, heal your knight.
7. Set to 4x speed/auto
8. Profit.

Good Hunting and Good Luck :D

Vamphuntr

Once you beat Chapter 5 the game drops in quality so much. I guess this is some crazy Japanese conception of what purgatory is like. I was having a great time but now it's more tedious than fun.

Wilsongt

So did the
side quest for the red mage job
last night in ch. 2 and got spanked. Should have had time slip on... Any accessories that absorb or lessen lightning attacks?

Niraj

So did the
side quest for the red mage job
last night in ch. 2 and got spanked. Should have had time slip on... Any accessories that absorb or lessen lightning attacks?

There's a thunder charm. If you have the
summoner
job, the level 2 ability also reduces damage from it.

andylsun

Loving this. Just reached chapter 2. About 10 hours in so far.

I started with 17 villages and all the NeoGAF friends have got me to 35 villagers now. Cleaning up the town very quicky.

I did cheese the
Dragon
with gifts from the trader in the wind temple. Down in 1 turn.

There was a blue sub-quest during chapter one that I couldn't get to trigger - was on the map, but never any prompt to do anything

goblin

Once you beat Chapter 5 the game drops in quality so much. I guess this is some crazy Japanese conception of what purgatory is like. I was having a great time but now it's more tedious than fun.

It's a pretty excruciating slog
if you want to get the true ending
. If I had played the original version and couldn't turn off random battles
I probably would have settled for the alternate ending and watched the true ending on Youtube instead.

bumpkin

I did cheese the
Dragon
with gifts from the trader in the wind temple. Down in 1 turn.
I cheesed him too with a few of my high-powered friend summons. I had no choice. That son of a bitch kicked my face in on the demo. I'll be damned if I was going to be punked again!

KarmaCow

What level are supposed to be for the Fire Temple boss? I thought the Water Temple boss was ridiculous but this is on another level.
I have no idea what type of attack Energy Blast is supposed to be but it kills everyone in my party at level 35, even with 150% p.def and m.def, defaulting, with shields on. Even when Angelic Ward kicked in, they would only be barely alive. If that wasn't bad enough, it drains BP, MP, and HP which will one shot any character if they aren't defending. Is there any way to do this without Valkyries with at least Spirit Barrier and a Salve-Maker to heal, revive and restore mp?
I went through all the ethers I got normally through the game and about 25 phoenix downs just to scrape by with a character dead. Though that character death with the 6000+ exp difference was enough to get me to get exp exactly even across characters.

B.K.

How do you kill the
Belphegor
Nemesis? I tried physical attacks and that healed it, so I used magic and THAT healed it. I don't know how to do any damage to it.

Top Bottom