• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

If it's ashkoolum I just got it to about 950,000 in this battle and once I resend it will overwrite it anyways.

Just saying.

not 999999 yet, 0/10 try harder next time /s

also I'm bored, so Amazon lol
Bravely Default-13th (lots of super cheap deals knocked it down, 6 of the 12 items in front of it are huge discounts)

FFXIII: LR-56th

and because these wouldn't be complete without it, your Titanfall check™ has it at 12th

So I've put about 11 hours into the game so far, enjoying it quite a bit (even though I'm playing on easy lol) and I just got the ranger job... good god what were they thinking...

So just to confirm maximum damage an individual can do is 9999 right? If so ninja is my first official party member to be able to dish that out on a regular basis. I gotta work skills around for my pirate/valkyrie.

I'm concerned I missed the ninja job. I'm well into chapter 3...without story spoilers can someond tell me if it's possible to miss the class side quest?

spiritfox

What's wrong with the Ranger class? It's my favorite/best job right now.

Nothing, stats and skills wise. Like I said, you'll know it when you see it.

So just to confirm maximum damage an individual can do is 9999 right? If so ninja is my first official party member to be able to dish that out on a regular basis. I gotta work skills around for my pirate/valkyrie.

Yes, 9999 except using SP, which raises the cap to 999999.

I'm concerned I missed the ninja job. I'm well into chapter 3...without story spoilers can someond tell me if it's possible to miss the class side quest?

No, unless you turned off quest markers.

duckroll

It's possible I guess, but so far I haven't really found it hard find every available one. And I'm playing with quest markers off too. In every chapter, they parade the available optional bosses in the story scenes multiple times, and as long as you visit the main town in the chapter both in day and night, and talk to every NPC, you're likely to trigger anything available at some point. If there's nothing triggered, then it's not available yet. The chapter is looooooong.

there isn't a single job that's missable
except for technically
Conjurer
if
you do the normal ending first before chapter 6, but even then you can always go back after finishing that ending

On Chapter 3 now, and getting tired of boss fights simply because they take so much punishment
Fuckin' Prailine...she has like triple the HP of any boss I've fought thus far. WTF?
These would be maddening were if not for 4X speed

On Chapter 3 now, and getting tired of boss fights simply because they take so much punishment
Fuckin' Prailine...she has like triple the HP of any boss I've fought thus far. WTF?
These would be maddening were if not for 4X speed

Praline has only 1.33x more HP than Rusalka
I think you're overreacting here

Korosenai

Question about Ringabels journal... Im currently at chapter 2 right now.

Does his journal really tell everything thats going to happen? I want to read it, but I don't want to get spoiled on anything. Or do they update it as you play to keep you from being spoiled?

duckroll

Question about Ringabels journal... Im currently at chapter 2 right now.

Does his journal really tell everything thats going to happen? I want to read it, but I don't want to get spoiled on anything. Or do they update it as you play to keep you from being spoiled?

Lol. It's not a spoiler. It's how the game is intended to be played.

Korosenai

Lol. It's not a spoiler. It's how the game is intended to be played.
I just know so far that in the story his journal has info on everything thays going to happened, and a couple of days ago i checked out the journal in the game and went to the last entry and there was a picture of i think Edea and someone else as adults with a kid.... So it kind of confused me.

I just kind of wanted to make sure I wasnt about to skip back a couple entries and see how the game ends or something.

Zing

Banned
So I've put about 11 hours into the game so far, enjoying it quite a bit (even though I'm playing on easy lol) and I just got the ranger job... good god what were they thinking...
What the… normal is already too easy, and I refuse to use abilink or summons. If you used SP, abilink, and summons, it would probably make hard feel like easy.

Why, what's wrong with Ranger? I'm only up to Knight so far. Seems kinda weak atm.
Of course Knight seems weak. It's a "tank" class with shield and protect ally abilities.

Matriox

What the… normal is already too easy, and I refuse to use abilink or summons. If you used SP, abilink, and summons, it would probably make hard feel like easy.

Just so I get clarification because I just unlocked the class, but youre not talking about the
Summoner
class are you? Is that like intentionally OP or are you referring to something else?

Its a bit rediculous and hard to take seriously when characters are acting mad or otherwise during talking scenes. As for not seeing the furry aspect I can't help you there.

I can't take the characters seriously anyway because every cutscene is "Tiz is worried, Agnes is crying or haughty, "Dirty jokes" from Ringabel, and Edea reacting to his dirty jokes (or acting like Agnes when it's boss time)"

I can't take the characters seriously anyway because every cutscene is "Tiz is worried, Agnes is crying or haughty, "Dirty jokes" from Ringabel, and Edea reacting to his dirty jokes (or acting like Agnes when it's boss time)"

You can insult Tiz.

Heck I welcome you to insult Agnes.

But you god damn leave my Ringabel out of this. His words are poetic butter to the ears.

When you use Bravely Second, any attacks you do in that frozen time period has damage limiters removed.

holy shit snacks. I had no idea. I just thought they were a chance do to do an extra attack. I never use them as I don't see the point unless you were about to die and the enemy was within the range to kill him with one more of your attacks. But with this? I could see the point

Nah I think it would be a bit broken on the player's favor if defaulting also boosted attack on top of making you receive less damage. I think its very balanced like it is now. Random encounters aren't very challenging, but boss battles in chapter 2 and 3 force you to mix up jobs and defulting/braving with good timing.

There are actually skills that get stronger when you default. And yes, it does make things pretty broken once you get used to exploiting it.

Anustart

Actually had some troubles with a boss from chapter 2...

The water boss thingy
wiped me out like 3 times before I finally beat him. Whatever the attack was that hit the whole party would kill 3 of my people if I wasn't defaulting during it. And even if I was defaulting it would still kill them a lot of the times it seemed.

Just did the CH2 subquest for
summoner
. Shit that was pretty dark,
the two sisters killing each other was not something I expected.

Edit: So there is a true ending? Should I be doing something now to make sure I get it. I'm in ch2.

Seik

Banned
Still no news about my FS copy, so I decided to give a shot to the demo.

At first I wanted to avoid spoiling myself but then I learned it's content was different than anything in the game. I slammed a solid 4 hours non-stop playing, wow.

Battle theme is so perfect, hypes me up for grinding. I can feel in my guts the moment I'll get my copy I won't leave it alone until I'm all done with it, last time I felt like that with an RPG it was with Xenoblade.

Just did the CH2 subquest for
summoner
. Shit that was pretty dark,
the two sisters killing each other was not something I expected.

Edit: So there is a true ending? Should I be doing something now to make sure I get it. I'm in ch2.

No, you can't miss it. Requirements are easy too.

It's the "normal" ending that's hard to get...

I'm getting total FFIX vibes from this. Like cute chibi style masking a darker story. Though done poorly.

Now comes the struggle of deciding what classes to use. As comically overpowered as I am I haven't been using the crescent moon spam for randoms though it sounds like maybe I should. Right now I'm thinking of using
Pirate/Thief/White Mage/Valkyrie
but I'll probably switch out
Thief
once I get
Ninja.
I had been using Knight but decided that he just kinda sucked so I replaced him with
Spell Fencer
conveniently right before a boss with an elemental weakness.

edit: wasn't sure of the spoiler policy on classes so I just spoilered everything.

iirate

Okay, so I started playing this a few days ago. I hate the cast, but am a sucker for job based systems like this one. I've only just unlocked
Knight

I was wondering, when's the best point to start grinding out JP? I'll probably be turning off xp gain as often as possible because I'm not really interested in removing all challenge, but my favorite part of these games is experimenting with different ability combos.

Okay, so I started playing this a few days ago. I hate the cast, but am a sucker for job based systems like this one. I've only just unlocked
Knight

I was wondering, when's the best point to start grinding out JP? I'll probably be turning off xp gain as often as possible because I'm not really interested in removing all challenge, but my favorite part of these games is experimenting with different ability combos.

A good early point is in chapter 3. There are two dungeons, one that's not as dangerous where you can get a steady 60-70 per win, plus a bit more if you win in one round without being damaged. I've leveled many jobs there to level 9. Before that part, it takes forever to level so I'd suggest waiting for chapter 3 and just sticking to the classes you like until then. Though I hear chapter 2 has a good point.

In many cutscenes, the costumes on the Ranger class... the ears and tail move with reactions.

That class though... I bought everyone Angel Bows and I always have one of them as that class because I like doing four digit damage all the time.

Also, yes. This game is black as pitch very often. It's like all of the job holders are Metal Gear Solid baddies and many of them are almost Kefka levels of awful human beings.

In many of the cutscenes, I'm just thinking: "I can't wait to KILL that one..."

I can't wait to kill
Victoria
so freaking hard. Right now, I'm in the
Fire Nation (hehehehe mrgrgr)
and that
salve bastard
... I'm going to enjoy
murdering his damn face. Seriously, he's like a Nazi scientist. o_O Also, I was pretty worried that the general was going to use the "Sarin Sample" after I got it.

But yeah,
Agnes is stubborn and idealistic.. no wondering she believes in Airy.

Really loving this game. Just.. so good. I can't wait to go through with
New Game + and max out all sorts of things and kill all those extra bosses.

And yes, I've kind of spoiled some elements of the game for myself. But yeah.
Bravely Second better have some high technology in it. I hope there's a Tinkerer or something in that one. We need a Paladin class. I wanna see a Gunner class as well! I want guns in this game so much and Second looks to deliver.

Sadist

Which battle? I had a little bit of trouble with the fight right before the last, but only really because it had a good counter to my strategy.

which one? I'm guessing.. *MASSIVE SPOILERS, DON'T TOUCH, HAZARDOUS! After Chapter 8 stuff*

Airy? She had me going with her status ailment but not too difficult. I didn't fear her elemental exploitation either.
Oh lol.

I guess I suck at these kind of things.

Ken

Any reason why one of my ninjas (Agnes) is hitting for 1s even though her gear and support abilities are the same as everyone else?

spiritfox

So this Chap 4 sidequest... Why is this a sidequest again?
Doesn't it basically lay out the entire reason behind the awakening of the crystals, and puts heavy suspicion on a certain fairy...
Anyway, the battle was easier than I thought, especially after
all the Dragons and their stupid breath attacks I had to cheese.

BTW, how does
Genome Drain
work?
Is it like spells where the skills are shared between the characters once learnt or they each have to learn it themselves?
Blue Magic is really useful but learning spells sucks especially if you don't have a Beastmaster equivalent.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I feel like a lot of things ruined the game for me, though a lot of it is my own fault. I finished rebuilding Norende in like Chapter 2 because I used a MAC cycler and a home streetpass point. The weapons you get from it are not only way overpowered for the time you get them, but they force you into certain jobs and builds to best exploit them and made me obsessed with earning money, which funneled me even further toward a specific team makeup. I also had my encounter rate set at +100% the entire time, since I'm playing on Hard and was concerned about levels. I'm currently level 70 at the beginning of chapter 4, which based on how long I recently learned the game is, is a bit overleveled. I also have every available job up to level 9 or higher.

I almost want to restart the game and play it "right", completely ignoring all the game breaking social stuff and building teams in a way that actually makes sense rather than building teams so that I can set battles to auto and still get four Thief's Blade muggings, unscathed, and one-turn victory while carrying as many caster jobs to level as I can manage given the area. This was its own sort of fun, but not that fun to actually play.
Yeah, I stopped myself before I got to your level, otherwise I'd be in the same exact boat as you. I also turned my encounter rate to -50%, which has helped taper things down.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
So this Chap 4 sidequest... Why is this a sidequest again?
Doesn't it basically lay out the entire reason behind the awakening of the crystals, and puts heavy suspicion on a certain fairy...
Anyway, the battle was easier than I thought, especially after
all the Dragons and their stupid breath attacks I had to cheese.

BTW, how does
Genome Drain
work?
Is it like spells where the skills are shared between the characters once learnt or they each have to learn it themselves?
Blue Magic is really useful but learning spells sucks especially if you don't have a Beastmaster equivalent.

Shared.

demidar

It might be a bit late to do this (just finished chapter 4), but I turned off all my Abilinks. The thing is, with Abilinks, the skills you get from that feel unearned and I can just spec out however I want. So right now I'm just running with whatever abilities I've learnt and I'm enjoying it more having to cobble together flawed strategies and class composition.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Just finished the demo and have the game incoming from gamefly.

Do you guys just keep extra equipment around for when you switch classes? I found myself selling shit I later could have used a bunch in the demo, but figured I might be changing classes too often.

rugioh

Banned
I just got the
salve-maker
class, and I've hear people saying its OP but I'm not sure why yet. What makes it so good?

Top Bottom