• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

njean777

Pretty much.

Although there's an alternate event in Chapter 6 if you do some certain stuff. Still haven't done it though >__<

Do you have Mythril armour from Yulyana Woods?

If so... grinding might be your thing. Can't remember what I was, but Level 17 sounds good.

Knight is good with Protect Ally and Black Mage with Damage Dispersion. If you have the Blessed Shield from Norende, that lets you cast Cura free of charge.

Nah no blessed shield, I only have one worker for the Norende stuff as nobody plays the game around me to get street passes. Guess I will just grind for the mythril armor and level

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Nah no blessed shield, I only have one worker for the Norende stuff as nobody plays the game around me to get street passes. Guess I will just grind for the mythril armor and level

In the save menu, if you select update data once a day, you'll get like 3-4 extra villagers each time.

Just got to chapter 8. This might be the most atrocious second half of a game I've ever played. The story has completely lost it. The side quests are kind of cool but there's no continuity or explanation for why things are going the way they are going. The protagonists actions don't make any sense either.
Hey remember when we learned that Airy was evil and tricking us? The protagonists sure as fuck don't.

Just got to chapter 8. This might be the most atrocious second half of a game I've ever played. The story has completely lost it. The side quests are kind of cool but there's no continuity or explanation for why things are going the way they are going. The protagonists actions don't make any sense either.
Hey remember when we learned that Airy was evil and tricking us? The protagonists sure as fuck don't.

I'm really worried about the end of this game.

I'm in Chapter 3 right now. Reading this thread is absolutely terrifying and really making me worry about the later portions of the game. Maybe I should just stay away for now, haha.

Chapter 3 sidequest question:

Ninja Sidequest: Does it matter whether you go through the whole murder mystery, or just talk to the body a bunch of times to trigger the boss battle? Would I want to restart in order to keep everyone alive instead of letting them all die?

RangerBAD

Yup, fight is impossible without everyone having Abate Water and Aquatic Slayer. I don't want to grind two jobs to level 7. Follow up attack by the
clones
always finishes the party off.

Anustart

Just got done with chapter 3's temple boss....
Chaugmar..
Wth. All I could do was
default like crazy, wait for form to switch, default with 3 people and attack with 1, then face the energy release that auto-kills whoever attacked + 1-2 more people.

Did I miss something there? Was there a way to damage him prior to that?

Shun

Any word on whether or not the JP costumes are coming to the NA version?

Bravo Bunny, Military Cadet, Dimensional Officer, and Wakoku Warrior?

I'd be pretty disappointed if none of those came...

Chaugmar..
Wth. All I could do was
default like crazy, wait for form to switch, default with 3 people and attack with 1, then face the energy release that auto-kills whoever attacked + 1-2 more people.

What I did was just
default/buff while his shield was up, default after the shield went down to defend against the energy blast, then go for broke with all four characters

Leezard

Chaugmar..
Wth. All I could do was

Yes, you can use a
salve maker's compound ability
to hurt him through the shield.

Maybesew

Am I missing any major aspect of the game by ignoring all of the nemesis in Norende? I maxed out all the stores, and don't really pay much attention to it anymore.

neoism

surprisingly the pirate boss wasn't even that hard... also THANKS Vinny :p <3 999999 <3
well save that badboy
Also guys how do I do the
side quest for the"bard singing" women.
mid chapter 3

Any word on whether or not the JP costumes are coming to the NA version?

Bravo Bunny, Military Cadet, Dimensional Officer, and Wakoku Warrior?

I'd be pretty disappointed if none of those came...

Don't think so and I want to know too.

Chances are Eastern War Garb (Wakoku) isn't coming out because it defaults to Freelancer during friend summons.

The other three, there's a slim chance. Pretty sure all Square Enix would need to do is send the costumes via Update Data.

But if that's the case, they missed a great opportunity with Valentine's Day and Bravo Bunny : (

Anustart

surprisingly the pirate boss wasn't even that hard... also THANKS Vinny :p <3 999999 <3
well save that badboy
Also guys how do I do the
side quest for the"bard singing" women.
mid chapter 3

Gotta travel the world over a couple times. Where you at in it? Just follow the blue markers all over the damn world.

Chapter 3 sidequest question:

Ninja Sidequest: Does it matter whether you go through the whole murder mystery, or just talk to the body a bunch of times to trigger the boss battle? Would I want to restart in order to keep everyone alive instead of letting them all die?

Wait, that's an option? wtf, I had no idea you could even do that... Does it change anything later if I played that sidequest as normal?

neoism

Gotta travel the world over a couple times. Where you at in it? Just follow the blue markers all over the damn world.

o ok one thing I hated about that was once you talked to the person the blue marker was still there.. I did it like 4 times already thanks..

KarmaCow

God damn the (Chapter 4 Sidequest)
DeRosso Manor is ridiculous. Bats that have a party wide confuse, dogs that counter physical attacks, which also one shot anyone not defaulting. The Earth Crystal boss was nothing compared to the random mobs in that place.

ohlawd

DeRosso Manor is ridiculous. Bats that have a party wide confuse, dogs that counter physical attacks, which also one shot anyone not defaulting. The Earth Crystal boss was nothing compared to the random mobs in that place.
Don't even bother fighting those mobs. They tore me a new asshole, they'll tear you a new one, too. Check the paintings for the lore and rush to the top.

Yeah, I turned off encounters there. Funny how the job you get is pretty good for taming them.

Ken

High AGI Arcanist Sleep + Twilight got me through that place.

Where is this "mill" that the party must go to in the first sub-event, after i beat the merchant profiteur?

Go back to Ancheim at night. Run around outside for a minute or two to change the time.

Go back to Ancheim at night. Run around outside for a minute or two to change the time.

Tried this and it didn't work. Do I have to past a certain point in the story? I just
visited the Wind temple and now I to run and find a tailor in the forest.

Ken

Tried this and it didn't work. Do I have to past a certain point in the story? I just
visited the Wind temple and now I to run and find a tailor in the forest.

Looks like you have to complete
Wind Temple first? I can't remember how it goes since that was like 40 hours of game time ago for me. @_@

KarmaCow

Hmm I just happened to
level an Arcanist with Ringabel, though I never got Twilight to work in the previous area.

Yeah, I turned off encounters there. Funny how the job you get is pretty good for taming them.

I don't want to turn off encounters unless the mobs aren't a threat.

Tips on chapter 2's
crystal boss
, guys?

The Seep attack is physical, so equip everyone with shields and maybe buff yourself. If you examine the boss, you can easily pick it out from the clones by checking it's status when pressing left on the circle pad. Though, you're probably better off doing two Crescent Moons with a Valkyrie to wipe out clones since they love to use that defense down attack. Also remember that you can change your weapons in the middle of battle by going to the item menu. This way you can equip everyone with shields when he's about to hit you with Seep but then go back to two handed to deal with the clones and deal damage.

duckroll

Are all the dragons in the Chapter 4 sidequest pretty much the same thing? I expected them to have at least some different patterns, but I fought two so far and they are pretty much exactly the same aside from a different element. It's pretty lazy considering how brain dead the battles are.

Are all the dragons in the Chapter 4 sidequest pretty much the same thing? I expected them to have at least some different patterns, but I fought two so far and they are pretty much exactly the same aside from a different element. It's pretty lazy considering how brain dead the battles are.

Yeah, they're all the same, except different elements and ailments.

Exactly the same. Only thing different is the element and the status ability (if any).

Once you work out the pattern you can rinse and repeat 5 more times.

yup, it's the same shit, just different elements
just set it to auto battle and take a break

Ken

Hmm I just happened to
level an Arcanist with Ringabel, though I never got Twilight to work in the previous area.

BLM ability to turn Sleep into AoE Sleep. Without any special accuracy gear sleep hits with 100% rate, but Twilight will sometimes miss against the uh, floating girls. 100% hit rate for me on everything else though.

ovii

Chapter 8 boss fight
How do you guys deal with Airy with the Acedia and Zeta flare combo? I tried casting enigma when she defaults but it still doesnt work. Any tips?

Chapter 8 boss fight
How do you guys deal with Airy with the Acedia and Zeta flare combo? I tried casting enigma when she defaults but it still doesnt work. Any tips?

Drop her Magic Attack (Pirate's Skull Bash or Vampire's Absorb Stats) and buff your party's Magic Defence (Performer's Key To Your Heart). Enigma and Greater Spirit Ward are useless because Acedia dispels them.

Or you could try the Dark Knight's Absorb Magic, but all four will need the Dark Knight's job command.

Top Bottom