• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

Busaiku

Dang, that Yulyana battle was way easier than I thought it was gonna be.
Took a while, but they did next to no damage at all.

ovii

Drop her Magic Attack (Pirate's Skull Bash or Vampire's Absorb Stats) and buff your party's Magic Defence (Performer's Key To Your Heart). Enigma and Greater Spirit Ward are useless because Acedia dispels them.

Or you could try the Dark Knight's Absorb Magic, but all four will need the Dark Knight's job command.

Thanks buddy. Giving it a try right now.

Chris R

Is the only way to interact with the rebuilding thingy with the stylus? Really bummed if that is the case, since it is the ONLY thing that requires it so far from what I've played. Also, what is causing random people to show up? Do people continue to randomly show up?

I might be a little too down on the second half (Chapter 7 was kind of fun). But the narrative really falls apart after Chapter 4. I get what they're trying to do but the gameplay and writing just aren't there to make it work.

If Chapter 5 and 6 had been more like Chapter 7 and
had big noticeable changes to the Eternian dudes motivations and personalities they would have been a lot more fun. Also mixing up the battles, giving them maybe new members to fight with and new tactics/abilities would have been fine too. However, that still wouldn't fix the fact that the characters actions especially in light of Airy's totally completely obvious betrayal make any more sense.

IdontknowifIcanhandlethistalkfortolong

heymanyougotaproblemwiththat
besidestheninjaclassissogreat

I might be a little too down on the second half (Chapter 7 was kind of fun). But the narrative really falls apart after Chapter 4. I get what they're trying to do but the gameplay and writing just aren't there to make it work.

had big noticeable changes to the Eternian dudes motivations and personalities they would have been a lot more fun. Also mixing up the battles, giving them maybe new members to fight with and new tactics/abilities would have been fine too. However, that still wouldn't fix the fact that the characters actions especially in light of Airy's totally completely obvious betrayal make any more sense.

honestly they should've cut chapters 5 and 6 and moved the actual plot-relevant events+the Conjurer sidequest into what would be the new chapter 5 (chapter 7), while leaving the blue chest key for chapter 6 (current chapter 8)
although this would require shifting some battles around....

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

I still want to buy Bravely Second regardless of that for some reason. Though I agree, those chapters should have mixed some stuff up

ovii

Drop her Magic Attack (Pirate's Skull Bash or Vampire's Absorb Stats) and buff your party's Magic Defence (Performer's Key To Your Heart). Enigma and Greater Spirit Ward are useless because Acedia dispels them.

Or you could try the Dark Knight's Absorb Magic, but all four will need the Dark Knight's job command.

eh, I tried for a couple hours.
I think I'm either under leveled (76) or under geared for the last boss.

royox

Just got to chapter 7. So if we know
that Airy is evil WHY ARE WE STILL DOING THIS??

God dammit...just
DON'T DO IT.
That's the purpose of the whole game.

Be
BRAVELY
enought for not doing the

Airy wants you to AWAKE a crystal?? Well...stop obeying her. Go to the next crystal and DON'T OBBEY.

Just one tip (not spoiler, just Queen song): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDMjgckNlz0

Then come back here to say thanks because now you realized the game is AMAZING.

Blasty

I just started Bravely Default, and I have one question...

Is the voice acting in this game really quiet, or are the 3DS XL's speakers THAT bad?

royox

If that was the purpose of the whole game, then it wouldn't hide the actual ending behind not doing that.

That's what makes the game awesome.

You have
2 possible endings. The "I won't obbey you" ending, and the complete ending you want because you discovered Ouroboros has to be destroyed.

denshuu

That's what makes the game awesome.

You have
2 possible endings. The "I won't obbey you" ending, and the complete ending you want because you discovered Ouroboros has to be destroyed.

Awesome isn't how I'd describe it, but that doesn't really change the fact that you only get the true ending by ignoring what you're calling the purpose of the whole game.

Vamphuntr

I hated 7 for the opposite.
The Eternian knights are all weird now and they simply spew random fan fiction level bullshit only to have you fight them. Oh no they are spying on our girl power club, attack! About the Airy stuff, I have to agree but I think this concern is waived off as being a decision of Agnès. She doesn't truly believe it until the final chapter where Airy reveals her plan. It's really weak writing. The pedophile dress maker and Braev knew about Airy but don't tell you anything about it because REASON

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any reason to keep seeking out more townspeople if your whole village has been rebuilt? Do they do anything else?

The Eternian knights are all weird now and they simply spew random fan fiction level bullshit only to have you fight them. Oh no they are spying on our girl power club, attack! About the Airy stuff, I have to agree but I think this concern is waived off as being a decision of Agnès. She doesn't truly believe it until the final chapter where Airy reveals her plan. It's really weak writing. The pedophile dress maker and Braev knew about Airy but don't tell you anything about it because REASON

what's that
you hating on the best scene of chapter 7
chansub-global-emoticon-e01723a9ae4fbd8b-22x28.png

Baliis

eh, I tried for a couple hours.
I think I'm either under leveled (76) or under geared for the last boss.

Could try
abusing stillness. I did it right around that level using two ninjas, a pirate, and a red mage with spiritualism, but yea, its kind of cheesy

bumpkin

Chaugmar wrecked me over and over without breaking a sweat. Complete. Utter. Bullshit.
:(

Guess I'm mindlessly grinding for a while.

EDIT: Fuck it, dialed the difficulty down to easy after getting stomped three or four more times. Used a bunch of high-powered friends and finally beat that cheap-ass fucking boss. :mad:

Chapter 2 sidequest assistance request:

Red Mage boss is a bit of an asshole. The Revenge skill is just giving the guy too many turns, and not going in whole hog lets him outlast me.
Any quick tips?

spiritfox

Chapter 2 sidequest assistance request:

Red Mage boss is a bit of an asshole. The Revenge skill is just giving the guy too many turns, and not going in whole hog lets him outlast me.
Any quick tips?

Store up BP and unleash all at once since he cannot go above 3 BP anyway. Then just Default his next turn and do it again. Also, equipping Lightning resist since he only uses Thundara.

Sorian

Banned
Store up BP and unleash all at once since he cannot go above 3 BP anyway. Then just Default his next turn and do it again. Also, equipping Lightning resist since he only uses Thundara.

Doesn't he cast mass dread? I forget now but that kind of hinders storing up BP.

Sorian

Banned
He does, which is part of the reason I eventually fall to attrition.

How are you doing on specials? A favorite of mine was to use withering.....something from the rod to cast an elemental weakness on the boss and then use the other specials making sure that they had the matching element part equipped. It probably won't be enough to down him but should make the war of attrition a bit easier. Past that, you either want accessories that block fear, decrease lightning damage, or (if you are rich and have made good progress rebuilding) buy some of the reflect accessories and let him do the work for you.

Agnès might be the worst heroine in RPG history.

Fandangox

I am on Chapter 5.
Does anyone know where I can re-fight the SwordMaster? The bosses I haven't fought again yet are DeRosso, Barbarossa and the Sword Master. I know where the first two are though.

(vague ending)
Braev at least had a good reason not to tell the truth. If he did spend the minute or so to explain things he would never have got the chance to try to kill his own daughter...sometimes in front of her mother and ...

hmm.

How are you doing on specials? A favorite of mine was to use withering.....something from the rod to cast an elemental weakness on the boss and then use the other specials making sure that they had the matching element part equipped. It probably won't be enough to down him but should make the war of attrition a bit easier. Past that, you either want accessories that block fear, decrease lightning damage, or (if you are rich and have made good progress rebuilding) buy some of the reflect accessories and let him do the work for you.

Good thoughts on the specials stuff. I've got a series of gears that give water amp thanks to some boss steals, so I'll work on debuffing Water and them spamming the hell out of Blizzara.

Thanks for the idea.

Somebody want to calm me down?

Orthros has me wanting to rage.

Hard.

hitting each head with the element its weak to will prevent Orthros from using Blazzard or any other elemental moves

also Amazon post-Disney Infinity invasion:
Bravely Default-15th
FFXIII: LR isn't even there anymore, so you get:
Titanfall-10th :p

Protag

Banned
hitting each head with the element its weak to will prevent Orthros from using Blazzard or any other elemental moves

also Amazon post-Disney Infinity invasion:
Bravely Default-15th
FFXIII: LR isn't even there anymore, so you get:
Titanfall-10th :p

Wow, i was actually thinking he was using the elementals because i was defaulting. Thanks

aett

Somebody want to calm me down?

Orthros has me wanting to rage.

Hard.

That's the two-headed boss, right? Have a character use the fire and ice elemental items you get from Norende. I only used ones that I recieved for free as gifts. Although the items hit both heads, neither head will be healed by their own element - they will just be immune to it. So spam fire items, for instance, until the ice head is dead and take care of the fire head in whatever way you want.

Top Bottom