• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BrazilGAF |OT| of Samba, Carnaval... and letting GAF have a sample of it all!

Kerrinck

Oi pessoal, tudo bem?

Seguinte, se alguém puder me responder, agradeço.

Algum de vocês já comprou na SE Store? Jogos? OST? Fiquei com muita vontade de pegar a Collector's do Type-0 HD para o PS4, mas ela é exclusiva do site da Square.

Como ultimamente eles estão limitando tais edições para a loja oficial, talvez alguém aqui já tenha adquirido alguma coisinha lá.

Em caso positivo, favor informar se eles declaram o valor do produto na caixa, e se, pra variar, levou uma taxa de presente =

Agradeço desde já.

Please be Excited
Eu comprei o Drakengard 3 LE na SE store, pela digital river. Pedi para deixar em um endereco dos EUA mas eles declaram o valor cheio sim.
Enviaram super rapido e bem embalado mas a loja em si e meio confusa, dificil de achar ate mesmo coisa basica tipo o status da sua ordem etc.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Oi pessoal, tudo bem?

Seguinte, se alguém puder me responder, agradeço.

Algum de vocês já comprou na SE Store? Jogos? OST? Fiquei com muita vontade de pegar a Collector's do Type-0 HD para o PS4, mas ela é exclusiva do site da Square.

Como ultimamente eles estão limitando tais edições para a loja oficial, talvez alguém aqui já tenha adquirido alguma coisinha lá.

Em caso positivo, favor informar se eles declaram o valor do produto na caixa, e se, pra variar, levou uma taxa de presente =\

Agradeço desde já.

Please be Excited

Cara, chegou hoje meu pacote com duas Collector's do Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX. Comprei lá assim que abriu pra pre-order.

Nunca recebi um email de confirmação de envio da loja - que não tem um site pra contato, só telefone -, mas chegou tudo direitinho...

Com R$ 300 reais de imposto que eu tive que pagar nos Correios.

Zero²

Eae gente, nunca vi que tinha isso aqui haha Também quase nunca saio da Gaming Discussion xP
Quem ai vai tentar fazer de tudo pra conseguir um Shulk Amiibo!
Droga de gamestop

Platy

Zero²;143260393 said:
Eae gente, nunca vi que tinha isso aqui haha Também quase nunca saio da Gaming Discussion xP
Quem ai vai tentar fazer de tudo pra conseguir um Shulk Amiibo!
Droga de gamestop

Ele só é exclusivo da gamestop nos eua.... ele vai vir pro brasil provavelmente sem exclusividade, que nem na europa e no japão

Zero²

Ele só é exclusivo da gamestop nos eua.... ele vai vir pro brasil provavelmente sem exclusividade, que nem na europa e no japão
Sim, mas eu provavelmente vou ter que comprar importado mesmo, ja que depender da Gaming ta dificil -.-

Pessoal, muito obrigado pelas respostas!

Dei uma pesquisada nos valores e vi que vai acabar saindo muito caro pra mim se pegar na loja oficial deles.

Achei a Collector's na Shop.to, que é uma loja européia. Já comprei com eles algumas vezes (inclusive a LE do FFX-HD) e não declaram valor, nem nada. Claro que isso não impede uma bela taxa, mas pelo menos fico um pouco mais seguro. Fora que o envio é grátis.

Em todo caso, bom saber que alguns de vocês já compraram lá e que deu certo :)

singing_in_the_rain.gif

Aproveitei a gif porque tá chovendo, natal chegou mais cedo. Me surpreenderam aqui em casa:

Nem sei como eles descobriram, eu tinha pedido grana de natal, não costumo pedir presente mais.

Com R$ 300 reais de imposto que eu tive que pagar nos Correios.

Puts, eu comprei umas figures que chegam essa semana, e o valor é parecido com as duas collectors edition juntas. Já to me segurando aqui pra ver quanto vou pagar.

NeonZ

Tem alguma confirmação em relação ao lançamento dos Amiibos no Brasil? Até agora parece que não estão disponíveis nem para pré-venda.

Tiu Neo

Tem alguma confirmação em relação ao lançamento dos Amiibos no Brasil? Até agora parece que não estão disponíveis nem para pré-venda.

Quando o assunto é Nintendo no Brasil, acho que um bom motto para seguir é "Espere o pior, fique feliz se não acontecer".

Shinriji

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=956053

I'm spending 4 days in Rio De Janeiro fairly soon, and I was just looking for any additional recommendations on things to do, places to see, restaurants to eat at, etc.

Visit the Maracana if you can. Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil, Casa França-Brasil, Museu de Arte Moderna, Museu de Arte do Rio are great choices if you like cultural events, and they are fairly close to each other. Aterro do Flamengo is a great spot for rent a bike and just appreciate the view. Lapa at night is another thing that you should see. Another popular choice for tourists are hang gliding, jetski and parachute drop spots. If you know where you will stay, I can recommend some restaurants.

If you will stay on the NYE, I can give you more info, because it is a completely different beast alltogether.

mantidor

Oi galera, feliz ano novo!

Apologies beforehand for the large and not portuguese post, but I'm kind of flabbergasted about a friend's recent comments and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it, and I don't know if there is something lost in translation or what the hell, let me explain.

I want to go to Reveillon in Copacabana, the crowd is horrible, I know, but the fireworks are spectacular and is one of the biggest NYE parties in the world, I've been there the last three years, I've enjoyed it quite a bit, it's great, even with the drunks, the crowds, the danger of getting mugged and the disgusting sea shore with so many people peeing.

The thing is that when I told my friend he absolutely refused, he'll rather be thrown in the middle of the Morro de Alemao dressed as a cop, I understood, it can be really annoying and its not his thing. But when he started to mock me for enjoying it because I was going to be part of the "faroferos" I called him a classist, and how I find hilarious "farofada" is such an insulting term when it's the food everyone eats.

And I think this touched some nerve, because he tried to explained how I was completely in the wrong, but every term he subsequently tried to use to explain why the crowd was so bad was even more classist and even racist, "programa de indio", "favelice" etc, etc, I was absolutely shocked how he couldn't recognize what he was saying, yet he continued.

This is not new, I've heard more than one brazilian's absolute disgust for people from the favela or even just people who enjoy samba, but coming from him was pretty shocking, he is otherwise an excellent guy, if a bit of damn hipster, but really he's really nice.

So tell me rio/brazil gaf, what am I missing here? I'm very familiar with the racism and specially the classism that exist in latinamerican society since in my home country Colombia is pretty much the same, but I've never seen this level of denial... or am I in the wrong and I understood things the wrong way? how are terms like "favelice", "programa de indio", "farofeiro" used in such insulting and dismissing manner not insanely classist? I'm far for being politically correct, it has get me banned more than once here in GAF, but for me this is crystal clear prejudice, and I don't get why brazilians don't see it. He wasn't saying these things in jest.

Unai

Well, these are not terms people use where I live, so I have no idea what is the context behind them or if they are offensive or not.

But you'd be surprised by how many "nice people" are racist, classist, etc. Sad thing is most of the time they don't even realize it.

Tiu Neo

Apologies beforehand for the large and not portuguese post, but I'm kind of flabbergasted about a friend's recent comments and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it, and I don't know if there is something lost in translation or what the hell, let me explain.

I want to go to Reveillon in Copacabana, the crowd is horrible, I know, but the fireworks are spectacular and is one of the biggest NYE parties in the world, I've been there the last three years, I've enjoyed it quite a bit, it's great, even with the drunks, the crowds, the danger of getting mugged and the disgusting sea shore with so many people peeing.

The thing is that when I told my friend he absolutely refused, he'll rather be thrown in the middle of the Morro de Alemao dressed as a cop, I understood, it can be really annoying and its not his thing. But when he started to mock me for enjoying it because I was going to be part of the "faroferos" I called him a classist, and how I find hilarious "farofada" is such an insulting term when it's the food everyone eats.

And I think this touched some nerve, because he tried to explained how I was completely in the wrong, but every term he subsequently tried to use to explain why the crowd was so bad was even more classist and even racist, "programa de indio", "favelice" etc, etc, I was absolutely shocked how he couldn't recognize what he was saying, yet he continued.

This is not new, I've heard more than one brazilian's absolute disgust for people from the favela or even just people who enjoy samba, but coming from him was pretty shocking, he is otherwise an excellent guy, if a bit of damn hipster, but really he's really nice.

So tell me rio/brazil gaf, what am I missing here? I'm very familiar with the racism and specially the classism that exist in latinamerican society since in my home country Colombia is pretty much the same, but I've never seen this level of denial... or am I in the wrong and I understood things the wrong way? how are terms like "favelice", "programa de indio", "farofeiro" used in such insulting and dismissing manner not insanely classist? I'm far for being politically correct, it has get me banned more than once here in GAF, but for me this is crystal clear prejudice, and I don't get why brazilians don't see it. He wasn't saying these things in jest.

I don't think farofeiro has an racist context, since it's criticizing the people who go to the beach with lots of things, including clothes and food (that's it's called farofeiro), pass the day on the beach, and then leaves all their trash on the beach. It may be used to tourists who don't live in the beach too, but I think it's a pretty innocent term. Maybe it has a bit of a racist/classist tone sometimes because it's normally used on poorer people (who don't have conditions to rent/buy a beachhouse), but I've seen it used for all kinds of people, from all classes and races.

"Programa de indio" most people use it, today, to describe something boring, tiring, uncomfortable to do, but if I remember correctly, it was used a long time ago as "doing things in nature", so I'm not sure if it really has a racist subtext.

"Favelice" I never saw used here, so I don't know, but yeah, it sounds a bit classist.

Of course, even if the terms your friend use may not have racist origins, the way he uses it may have a racist or classist tone.

LuuKyK

Hi Mantidor, so about those terms, I think you are exaggerating a bit. Out of all of those, favelice would probably be the only really bad one.

I use farofeiro all the time, and I can assure its not in prejudice. Its meant to represent messy people, not only those that go to the beach with all sort of food and arent even capable of taking its own trash home or to the nearest trash bin, but those are just lazy and lack organization skills with day to day commitments.

Programa de Indio is totally fine too. It just means doing something unusual, or that you would rather not do because you would feel out of place/left out due to not being used to that.

And just don't generalize on the samba thing. As I said in the OP not every brazilian likes samba, its has a lot to do with where you are born in. Some places are just not tied to the samba roots as much as Rio (just like where I live), so people are not into it as much/don't care.

mantidor

Thanks guys! "Programa de indio" now makes much more sense, and I think I got that completely wrong then.

I which I could tell you guys all the other terms he used, but I actually didn't get them, pronunciation of Portuguese is hard both saying it and listening it for us heh

Platy

Still, most of his comments are kinda classicist in context ....

Even if only for the "stop liking what I don't like" ... but it might come from his hipster baggage xD

maouvin

Feliz ano novo atrasado, y'all!

Isso me lembrou dum texto do Luiz Fernando Veríssimo onde um estrangeiro pergunta sobre o "funcionamento" de várias expressões nossas, como o pois sim/pois não e o "pá pá pá" (algo que faz tempo que não escuto).

No final, apesar das explicações, ela desiste do Brasil, mas espero que você nunca precise chegar a esse ponto ;)

Metra

You're not missing anything. In this context (assuming you're telling the "truth", and not your version of what happened) that's exactly what you think it is. Also, "denial" is very strong over here, indeed. People often don't realize that they are part of the group they're discriminating. Just take a look at the "huehuehueBRBR" stereotype; by and large, people endorsing this stereotype are brazilians. We are prejudiced against ourselves.

Shinriji

Just giving my 2 cents here. As other people said, all three expressions could be used with a prejudice tone. Favelice is the worst one, for sure, and I never use it. BUT we, as brazilians, can be EXTREMELY prejudiced using slang language, but far from being prejudiced in real life. Reading like that could shock someone, but it's the truth. Different cultures, different points of view.

I never will forget that my sweden cousin spend some weeks here in Rio some years ago, and was shocked when she read "Mostra Gay" on the sign of the Festival do Rio (the brazilian biggest film festival). She said that it was completely prejudiced against LGBT people, and such, and made a big fuss out of it. But I just laugh it out loud.

mantidor

You're not missing anything. In this context (assuming you're telling the "truth", and not your version of what happened) that's exactly what you think it is. Also, "denial" is very strong over here, indeed. People often don't realize that they are part of the group they're discriminating. Just take a look at the "huehuehueBRBR" stereotype; by and large, people endorsing this stereotype are brazilians. We are prejudiced against ourselves.

It was a whataspp chat, I would gladly transcribe it here but his messages were audio only.

And I completely get what you say, my country is not different, and its really sad we think so low of ourselves. That along with corruption is what has us in the state we are, more than poverty or crime, our countries are not actually "poor", at all, but we don't see it.

Just giving my 2 cents here. As other people said, all three expressions could be used with a prejudice tone. Favelice is the worst one, for sure, and I never use it. BUT we, as brazilians, can be EXTREMELY prejudiced using slang language, but far from being prejudiced in real life. Reading like that could shock someone, but it's the truth. Different cultures, different points of view.

I never will forget that my sweden cousin spend some weeks here in Rio some years ago, and was shocked when she read "Mostra Gay" on the sign of the Festival do Rio (the brazilian biggest film festival). She said that it was completely prejudiced against LGBT people, and such, and made a big fuss out of it. But I just laugh it out loud.

See this I don't get, " mostra gay" is the most innocent thing in the world, I don't see the problem at all.

Unfortunately we couldn't speak face to face, he finally went to copa but we missed each other and eventually I found him in Ipanema but I was too pissed and drunk to have a serious discussion about the whole thing.

Metra

Mas isso é um problema também, Shinriji. Na verdade, e na minha opinião, esse é justamente o cerne do problema. Um indivíduo não precisa ser, necessariamente, preconceituoso para endorsar ideias racistas/homofóbicas/sexistas/etc. Compreender isso é fundamental.

O racista é uma consequência (não confundir com "vítima") do racismo, assim como o homofóbico é um produto da homofobia. Eles não são a fonte, eles não são a causa. O racista morre, mas o racismo (ideia) sobrevive. Por isso, deve-se combater as ideias que dão origem à discriminação e ao preconceito, e não apenas os que acreditam nelas.

Shinriji

Mas isso é um problema também, Shinriji. Na verdade, e na minha opinião, esse é justamente o cerne do problema. Um indivíduo não precisa ser, necessariamente, preconceituoso para endorsar ideias racistas/homofóbicas/sexistas/etc. Compreender isso é fundamental.

O racista é uma consequência (não confundir com "vítima") do racismo, assim como o homofóbico é um produto da homofobia. Eles não são a fonte, eles não são a causa. O racista morre, mas o racismo (ideia) sobrevive. Por isso, deve-se combater as ideias que dão origem à discriminação e ao preconceito, e não apenas os que acreditam nelas.

Eu concordo q eh um problema, mas isso nao eh nem perto de ser exclusividade dos brasileiros como povo, pois vi acontecer em varios outros paises que estive e eh isso q estava tentando argumentar. Inclusive na Franca foi disparado o pior deles. Se voces acham q no Brasil ha preconceito contra negros e nordestinos, vcs nao tem ideia do que eh a visao dos franceses contra os imigrantes.

mantidor

So I talked to him, we clarified the misunderstanding but I'm still not buying this entirely. For him "favelize" is talking about the "subculture" rather than the people, whom he called "communities" instead of favelas. And that this is not uncommon, but I don't buy it, I told him I've heard such things from snobs and he agreed but said that wasn't his intention and he was criticizing the "way of life" more than actual people, how even people from zona sul can have that culture.

The whole thing had such an snobbish attitude anyway, I just dropped it and change the subject.

Shinriji

I just dropped it and change the subject.

Best course of action, IMO. Trying to change a person POW, specially when you are a stranger to that particular culture, is ultimately pointless and most of all, an indelicate thing to do, even if your concern with your friend is with all the best intentions in the world.

Metra

So I talked to him, we clarified the misunderstanding but I'm still not buying this entirely. For him "favelize" is talking about the "subculture" rather than the people, whom he called "communities" instead of favelas. And that this is not uncommon, but I don't buy it, I told him I've heard such things from snobs and he agreed but said that wasn't his intention and he was criticizing the "way of life" more than actual people, how even people from zona sul can have that culture.

The whole thing had such an snobbish attitude anyway, I just dropped it and change the subject.

"It's a misunderstanding", "you're jumping to conclusions" and "you're reaching" are very common answers in this kind of discussion. In my experience, however, those replies/reactions arise - most of the time - from denial, rather than true hyperbole or "misunderstanding".

But I digress. I think you did a good thing calling this guy out on his attitude. Most people, I believe, wouldn't "care".

mantidor

"It's a misunderstanding", "you're jumping to conclusions" and "you're reaching" are very common answers in this kind of discussion. In my experience, however, those replies/reactions arise - most of the time - from denial, rather than true hyperbole or "misunderstanding".

But I digress. I think you did a good thing calling this guy out on his attitude. Most people, I believe, wouldn't "care".

i sometimes feel I shouldn't have. We met again after we were in good terms after talking things out, but things went awry pretty fast again, to the point I really doubt we'll ever see each other again. I wasn't exactly polite too, it was nasty. This time I was with a Guatemalan friend and she saw pretty much the same attitude I perceived, but she also thought we both handled it very poorly. It pained me because he was a good friend, and a good person, but that's the way things are.

Best course of action, IMO. Trying to change a person POW, specially when you are a stranger to that particular culture, is ultimately pointless and most of all, an indelicate thing to do, even if your concern with your friend is with all the best intentions in the world.

I really should have listened to myself there, let's say he also didn't contribute, at points I wanted to drop it but he continued.

Ainda assim não vou desistir do Brasil :p

Brazil

Já que eu já sei que vocês têm bom gosto aqui, queria compartilhar essa camiseta aqui que comprei :D

tqQirSM.jpg

Queria tanto que esses produtos oficiais fossem vendidos aqui no Brasil :p

Unai

I had already said a big FODA-SE O DÓLAR VOU COMPRAR ESSA PORRA but it looks like it will be impossible. So sad, 2015 and I can't have the special edition of a game, obrigado Dilma.

Fucking dólar, se não estivesse tão alto eu comprava da Amazon com taxas e tudo :(

It's like a cruel joke, but I'm going to try to get it regardless. I'll always regret not getting the first4figures thing when i had the chance.

I was prepared to spend the little money that I had left after the holidays, but it went out of stock at Amazon right after they opened pre-order. That fucking thing is really limited.

I don't think the other stores are going to ship to Brazil.

I was prepared to spend the little money that I had left after the holidays, but it went out of stock at Amazon right after they opened pre-order. That fucking thing is really limited.

I don't think the other stores are going to ship to Brazil.

Thanks Obama Dilma.

Brazil

Eu vou dar um jeito de pegar essa CE do Majora's, nem que eu precise matar alguém.

Eu quero, onde comprou? Teve que importar?

Eu estive em Tóquio nesse fim de ano. Comprei essa camiseta e mais um monte de coisinhas de Danganronpa, inclusive um moletom.

O máximo que eu vi de coisa da série aqui no Brasil foi aquele chapéu tosco de Monokuma que vendem na Liberdade :/

Amazing!
Loot da viagem? :)

Sim :D

Preciso juntar todas as tralhas de jogos/nerdisses que eu comprei e tirar uma foto.

*ainda esperando o adaptador de controle de cubo*

Até no Japão tava difícil de achar. Achei um só pelo MSRP, e outros dois usados saindo pelo dobro do preço. E isso porque andei por Akiba inteira umas 3 vezes.

Kerrinck

Não vou fazer isso sabendo que eles vão lançar daqui a um ano um novo jogo sem possibilidade de upgrade por DLC.
Vendo as 30 versões de GGXX e Blazblue, pode ter certeza disso.
Comprei porque todos os meus amigos estão jogando mas ja sabendo que vou ficar puto daqui a um ano quando sair o reload ou algo parecido.

maouvin

Não vou fazer isso sabendo que eles vão lançar daqui a um ano um novo jogo sem possibilidade de upgrade por DLC.

Continuum Shift 2 foi um patch grátis, então vai saber! #believe
Sim, eu sei que foi o único caso.

Comprei digital porque sou total sucker por GG e precisava ter o jogo on launch. Ia pegar a LE também, mas eu tinha acabado de comprar um stick novo e cabou o dinheiro :v

Kerrinck

Vou ter que comprar um stick tambem, descobri que o pad do ps4 é horrivel para jogo de luta.
Consigo fazer o especial do Geese facil no pad do ps3 mas nem hadouken sai direito no do 4.

Acabei de descobrir que paguei 215 reais em impostos indevidos, yay. Vou entrar com um advogado pra ver se consigo de volta a grana.

Os retardados estavam cobrando em dólares o valor que na verdade estava em yen (23000 yens viravam 230 dólares, por exemplo, o que está errado).

Valeu, dilma.

Brazil

Acabei de descobrir que paguei 215 reais em impostos indevidos, yay. Vou entrar com um advogado pra ver se consigo de volta a grana.

Os retardados estavam cobrando em dólares o valor que na verdade estava em yen (23000 yens viravam 230 dólares, por exemplo, o que está errado).

Valeu, dilma.

Caramba, cara, que bando de antas/filhos das putas.

Por curiosidade: como você descobriu? Essas taxações de pacotes sempre me pareceram extremamente aleatórias e arbitrárias, então eu sinceramente não sei julgar.

Top Bottom