• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREXIT MAFIA | Pro-Having Our Lynch And Pro-Eating It

Fireblend

Banned
So you're saying scum bussed Gorlak to buy CCS one extra day wait CCS couldn't even be lynched yesterday. Wtf are you talking about?

And it's garbage. Quelle surprise.

Please explain what made Gorlak's claim "ridiculous", because right now I'm more suspicious of the people who somehow knew it was fake.

That it's ridiculously anti-town? At least someone with an override can mis-shoot and the target's flip gets shown immediately. And the 3-day limit? I could've bought it as a neutral thing along with something else, but as town it makes for an absolutely incoherent role.

This as a town power would be like an inecessarily complicated role someone who didn't know overrides exist would come up with. I said as much when I voted for Gorlak yesterday.

*Splinter

That it's ridiculously anti-town? At least someone with an override can mis-shoot and the target's flip gets shown immediately. And the 3-day limit? I could've bought it as a neutral thing along with something else, but as town it makes for an absolutely incoherent role.

This as a town power would be like an inecessarily complicated role someone who didn't know overrides exist would come up with. I said as much when I voted for Gorlak yesterday.
We've had a town thunderdome before, way back in Danganronpa. It even required the user to be a part of the thunderdome, the only new part is the N3 time limit (which seems a logical addition to me anyway).

I've never seen a scum thunderdomer, in fact.

Fireblend

Banned
Well zipped died and is town, and I think I most have totally missed the part where Gorlak lied.

When you're back from E3 watching, can you explain the bolded? I'm not following it at all and I've read it over like five times.

Sure, I'll explain it as clearly as I can, the MS conf. is getting boring.

Gorlak's claimed role was incredibly anti town. There were several red flags in his post:

1. He admitted to lying about being a vanilla townie. Townies don't usually lie, specially when they're in a thunderdome.

2. His claimed role was not a townie would usually have. Town roles aren't usually as complicated to have to be used before certain day, for example.

3. Putting someone in a thunderdome with yourself is a role that fits with scum because it allows the user to pit themselves against a townie being scumread (like Flame was) and that's interesting because it offers an almost-guaranteed town lynch but still exposes scum and puts them at risk. It has strategic depth, or some risk-benefit element. The same power on a townie is more like a blind shot in the dark unless they were also a cop or something like that, it'd be a "for the lulz" role with no value. If I was a town player with that power I would have claimed day 1.

4. His role didn't sound like a town role, and he could have claimed neutral but he didn't. Why? I guess partly because he was not following the game closely, but also because CSS was already claiming to be one.

Does that explain my logic?

Fireblend

Banned
This line is an outright lie btw. Like it's not even close enough that you could be honestly mistaken. Overriders exist "occasionally".

I'll concede to this point, it's not like I read every game. I'm talking from personal experience. I've even been one myself in the past.

CCS

Banned
Anyway, best play for town is to lynch someone who's not me today. Let me lay it out plain:

I'm neutral. I want to survive. You don't try and lynch me, I'll try and help town win.

You try and lynch me, I tell scum who the doctor is.

Fireblend

Banned
We've had a town thunderdome before, way back in Danganronpa. It even required the user to be a part of the thunderdome, the only new part is the N3 time limit (which seems a logical addition to me anyway).

I've never seen a scum thunderdomer, in fact.

I didn't know about Danganronpa but we don't have to go that far back, Time was a town-aligned thunderdome maker in Arkham, though he didn't have to add himself.

I'll say the time limit only cements the role as scum-aligned because a town thunderdomer should get time to make an informed choice about who to include in a thunderdome.

Scum gets a time limit because they know who to target from the get go obviously. They just have to wait for someone to be scumread and use it.

*Splinter

1. He admitted to lying about being a vanilla townie. Townies don't usually lie, specially when they're in a thunderdome.
This itself is a lie, and again too blatant to be an honest mistake. Town lies more than scum.

2. His claimed role was not a townie would usually have. Town roles aren't usually as complicated to have to be used before certain day, for example.
Fireblend might not know this, but the last and only time that role was used (as far as I am aware) it was indeed a town role.

3. Putting someone in a thunderdome with yourself is a role that fits with scum because it allows the user to pit themselves against a townie being scumread (like Flame was) and that's interesting because it offers an almost-guaranteed town lynch but still exposes scum and puts them at risk. It has strategic depth, or some risk-benefit element. The same power on a townie is more like a blind shot in the dark unless they were also a cop or something like that, it'd be a "for the lulz" role with no value. If I was a town player with that power I would have claimed day 1.
This is an elaboration on point two. I agree with... some of it, but as mentioned the only past examples I know of had this role as town.

4. His role didn't sound like a town role, and he could have claimed neutral but he didn't. Why? I guess partly because he was not following the game closely, but also because CSS was already claiming to be one.
Why is this even relevant?

Ourobolus

Banned
So you're saying scum bussed Gorlak to buy CCS one extra day wait CCS couldn't even be lynched yesterday. Wtf are you talking about?

gorlak (8)
crab 960
ccs 992
ourobolus 1074 (1189)
zippedpinhead 1133 (1195)
flame_ac 1179
zeemumu 1183
kingkitty 1194
kawl_usc 1199
fireblend 1204
zippedpinhead 1211

yes?

Fireblend

Banned
This itself is a lie, and again too blatant to be an honest mistake. Town lies more than scum.
Sorry, let me correct myself. Good town players don't like.

Fireblend might not know this, but the last and only time that role was used (as far as I am aware) it was indeed a town role.
Not sure what you're pointing out here. Doesn't change that according to my experience, town roles are simpler than scum ones. This one felt over-engineered

This is an elaboration on point two. I agree with... some of it, but as mentioned the only past examples I know of had this role as town.
K

Why is this even relevant?
Because I could have believe a complicated role like that as a neutral. His not claiming neutral and sticking to the town story was a red flag myself. If he claimed neutral, he could've counterclaimed CCS for the "neutral" slot of the game.

*Splinter

I didn't know about Danganronpa but we don't have to go that far back, Time was a town-aligned thunderdome maker in Arkham, though he didn't have to add himself.

I'll say the time limit only cements the role as scum-aligned because a town thunderdomer should get time to make an informed choice about who to include in a thunderdome.

Scum gets a time limit because they know who to target from the get go obviously. They just have to wait for someone to be scumread and use it.
Ah so we have two examples of town thunderdomers, and zero of scum. Righty-o.

It's an incredibly disruptive power, I'd put a time limit on it just to keep it out of end game. I can see the limitation being more important for scum than town, but that's a long way from making it "obviously" scum-aligned.

*Splinter

gorlak (8)
crab 960
ccs 992
ourobolus 1074 (1189)
zippedpinhead 1133 (1195)
flame_ac 1179
zeemumu 1183
kingkitty 1194
kawl_usc 1199
fireblend 1204
zippedpinhead 1211

yes?
"Scum bussed Gorlak" == "scum bussed Gorlak to buy CCS an extra day".

I'm not disagreeing with the former, but your theory was the latter and makes no sense.

Fireblend

Banned
Yes it does, thanks very much! I had figured out 3 after the lynch, but 1 and 2 were beyond me. 4 makes me pause and stop to question if CCS is neutral or not.

So I'd like your opinion now, do you think there's only one neutral role in this game? And, I'd really appreciate your analysis on CCS, because I wish I had seen and understood your analysis before my last lynch.

I'm sure Splinter will come up with examples where it wasn't the case but unless they're a third faction or teamed up, there's usually only one neutral "faction/player" in a game.

I think CCS is scum, and if not that they have to go either way because every single time a neutral is allowed to live that I can remember, town loses, even when their powers aren't necessarily anti town like CCS claims because they waste town time (or threat them with outing our doctor, like CCS I guess).

Ultimately I'm willing to bet they're scum, tho.

*Splinter

4 makes me pause and stop to question if CCS is neutral or not.
It seems CCS has to be neutral from the following events:

1. Kingkitty claims red check on CCS (either Kingkitty is lying or CCS is not town. Can't see a motive for Kingkitty to lie at that point).

2. CCS reveals that Gorlak is lying about his role. Up to this point Gorlak had been fairly safe, and this reveal causes Gorlak to be lynched.

3. Gorlak flips scum. CCS is almost entirely responsible for this lynch, so it's very unlikely they are teammates. This combined with 1 means CCS is neutral (or Kingkitty lied).

Ourobolus

Banned
"Scum bussed Gorlak" == "scum bussed Gorlak to buy CCS an extra day".

I'm not disagreeing with the former, but your theory was the latter and makes no sense.

I'll admit that in crafting that theory I thought CCS voted for Gorlak before KK came out with the cop thunderdome.

But still I'm thinking that they were thinking the former. I mean

1) a Role Cop can be useful to town, although it is primarily useful to scum
2) Gorlak wasn't expected to get lynched, considering that Flame_AC was escaping lynching for 2 days
3) At worst CCS is a neutral and it would be best to get rid of them (what townie claims neutral?)
4) Gorlak's role was terrible. If I was on his team and he told me what he was, my first reaction would be "we are gonna bus the hell out of you."

Fight me on #4, Splinter

Fireblend

Banned
It seems CCS has to be neutral from the following events:

1. Kingkitty claims red check on CCS (either Kingkitty is lying or CCS is not town. Can't see a motive for Kingkitty to lie at that point).

2. CCS reveals that Gorlak is lying about his role. Up to this point Gorlak had been fairly safe, and this reveal causes Gorlak to be lynched.

3. Gorlak flips scum. CCS is almost entirely responsible for this lynch, so it's very unlikely they are teammates. This combined with 1 means CCS is neutral (or Kingkitty lied).

Do you think Flame is a reasonable target for CCS if they're indeed a neutral?

What kind of cop would target Flame after they win a thunderdome against a scum player that started the thunderdome themselves? What would neutral role cop CCS look to get from that read?

*Splinter

I'll admit that in crafting that theory I thought CCS voted for Gorlak before KK came out with the cop thunderdome.

But still I'm thinking that they were thinking the former. I mean

1) a Role Cop can be useful to town, although it is primarily useful to scum
2) Gorlak wasn't expected to get lynched, considering that Flame_AC was escaping lynching for 2 days
3) At worst CCS is a neutral and it would be best to get rid of them (what townie claims neutral?)
4) Gorlak's role was terrible. If I was on his team and he told me what he was, my first reaction would be "we are gonna bus the hell out of you."

Fight me on #4, Splinter
We would never have known Gorlak was lying without CCS, in which case he would almost certainly win the thunderdome. Also consider Gorlak's position in the game before his thunderdome: mild suspicion from a couple of players but otherwise under the radar. Exactly where scum want to be.

Yes his role was bad, but he's a very competent scum and could easily have survived to end game.

Ourobolus

Banned
We would never have known Gorlak was lying without CCS, in which case he would almost certainly win the thunderdome. Also consider Gorlak's position in the game before his thunderdome: mild suspicion from a couple of players but otherwise under the radar. Exactly where scum want to be.

Yes his role was bad, but he's a very competent scum and could easily have survived to end game.

No, my understanding is that we learned a lot about CCS there - he's either neutral or scum and should be eliminated.

Gorlak's scum reveal has really thrown me for a loop. While I did toss around the idea that the Thunderdome was scum vs. town, I didn't think that was actually the case because if Gorlak was the one who did the Thunderdome, why would he expose himself like that?

I'm kicking myself over not making the following connection sooner: it was later revealed by CCS that the Thunderdomer had a time limit of three days or else they would get modkilled. This made the possibility of scum being involved a lot more plausible, but I didn't connect the dots there.

I'm glad town made the right choice in the end. Now I don't know how to proceed because I was so gung-ho about lynching CCS, and I absolutely would vote for him this instant if Gorlak was revealed to be town or neutral. =/

By the way, I have no idea why scum killed Zippedpinhead. It's not like he was heavily considered to be town. I thought for sure that kingkitty or Flame_AC would die last night. Did scum not want to risk wasting a night action by targeting people which are almost certainly town and would therefore likely be defended?

*Splinter

Do you think Flame is a reasonable target for CCS if they're indeed a neutral?

What kind of cop would target Flame after they win a thunderdome against a scum player that started the thunderdome themselves? What would neutral role cop CCS look to get from that read?
Flame is such a terrible choice that I don't believe it. Since he's neutral though I'm not terribly interested in anything he claims going forwards. Hi seemingly only wants to survive, so anything he posts should be read with that in mind.

Speaking of which:
Anyway, best play for town is to lynch someone who's not me today. Let me lay it out plain:

I'm neutral. I want to survive. You don't try and lynch me, I'll try and help town win.

You try and lynch me, I tell scum who the doctor is.
He kind of has us by the balls here w.r.t the doctor. I was thinking of letting him live (because who gives a shit as long as he's a survivor win con) but then we risk him finding more power roles and outing those as well.

And even that's making the somewhat generous assumption that he's "just" a survivor.

In other words, he's a liability.

VOTE: CCS

He kind of has us by the balls here w.r.t the doctor. I was thinking of letting him live (because who gives a shit as long as he's a survivor win con) but then we risk him finding more power roles and outing those as well.

And even that's making the somewhat generous assumption that he's "just" a survivor.

In other words, he's a liability.

VOTE: CCS

Hm, you bring up a good argument here. We know that, at the very least, CCS isn't town, which means he has no reason to do things that would benefit us.

I'll go along with your reasoning here. Even if CCS isn't scum he's still dangerous to us.

Vote: CCS

Ourobolus

Banned
Can you explain how yesterday happened if CCS is scum? ELI5, because I honestly can't see it at all.

If CCS is scum then I am beyond confused.

Again, this isn't 100% concrete or anything:

- Day starts, it's Gorlak vs Flame
- Flame has been on the hook for two days and has escaped. Not saying he is off the hook now, but it's a ballsy move for scum to thunderdome themselves
- KK claims cop and a red check on CCS, unprompted
---------------Are we really going to ignore that part?
- CCS claims Crab is vanilla and Flame is vanilla. Based on the amount of players, I would assume at least one of these is true
- CCS claims to know Gorlak's entire role PM. Not how I would have modded a role cop, but cabot can do what he wants.
- CCS votes Gorlak, and doesn't move it
- Gorlak's role sucks. It's one of the worst scum roles ever. Cabot sucks.

*Splinter

Again, this isn't 100% concrete or anything:

- Day starts, it's Gorlak vs Flame
- Flame has been on the hook for two days and has escaped. Not saying he is off the hook now, but it's a ballsy move for scum to thunderdome themselves
- KK claims cop and a red check on CCS, unprompted
I'm on board up to this part. Not ignoring that last line either, it's the most important bit!

- CCS claims Crab is vanilla and Flame is vanilla. Based on the amount of players, I would assume at least one of these is true
Err think you are confused here. Kingkitty claims Crab is town. I don't think CCS claimed Crab is vanilla unless I missed it? Also he didn't claim Flame is vanilla until today. Not sure if either of those points will be relevant to your theory but I'll continue.

- CCS claims to know Gorlak's entire role PM. Not how I would have modded a role cop, but cabot can do what he wants.
- CCS votes Gorlak, and doesn't move it
Ok this is the part I wanted you to explain, especially that first point.
Why does scum-CCS reveal scum-Gorlak's role at that point?

- Gorlak's role sucks. It's one of the worst scum roles ever. Cabot sucks.
Truer words were never spoken.

Ourobolus

Banned
Err think you are confused here. Kingkitty claims Crab is town. I don't think CCS claimed Crab is vanilla unless I missed it? Also he didn't claim Flame is vanilla until today. Not sure if either of those points will be relevant to your theory but I'll continue.
No you're right. That's what I meant, my bad. KK claimed Crab was town.

Ok this is the part I wanted you to explain, especially that first point.
Why does scum-CCS reveal scum-Gorlak's role at that point?
He's already been counterclaimed. And "Nationalist," at least to me, sounds like a Leave role, but again I'm not a Brit and I haven't followed along much.

My question to you is, if CCS somehow has the entire role PM, why did he never give us the Gorlak's NAME?

*Splinter

He's already been counterclaimed.
Who? You mean CCS being outed by Kitty? So look at this scenario:

Player A: "I'm cop, B is scum."
Player B: "Oh YEAH? Well so is C!"
Player C gets lynched, flips scum.
Player B gets lynched, flips scum.

Why did B out C? This is what you are suggesting and I'm not understanding.

My question to you is, if CCS somehow has the entire role PM, why did he never give us the Gorlak's NAME?
I don't know?

Ourobolus

Banned
Who? You mean CCS being outed by Kitty? So look at this scenario:

Player A: "I'm cop, B is scum."
Player B: "Oh YEAH? Well so is C!"
Player C gets lynched, flips scum.
Player B gets lynched, flips scum.

Why did B out C? This is what you are suggesting and I'm not understanding.

Are you asking me why scum is dumber than expected? I don't know, convince me to not vote CCS, considering your vote is there,

kingkitty

There's no compelling reason why CCS should live past today. If scumCCS really did bus scumGorlak that's honestly hard to understand. But if CCS isn't scum, then CCS is a neutral, which is what he claims to be. Either alignment is fine for death.

Lets not make deals with a person (who is at best a neutral and who is at worst a very bold, bold scum) who basically threatened town. And will inevitably throw every member of town into a volcano if a better opportunity arises.

And if this neutral supposedly wanted to start helping town by finding scum, it's a pretty weird move to waste a supposedly final night check on flame_ac!

vote: CCS

Kalor

Let me spell this out: Gorlak was admitting to having lied about being a vanilla town. He was admitting to having a power that put him and another player in a thunderdome. WITH A TIME LIMIT. He wasn't counter-claiming CCS on being the game's neutral ffs. You thought that sounded like a townie claim? In gafia where town overriders are there more often than not. You guys thought that sounded reasonable? Had little reason to believe he was scum? Liked his speech? Some of you guys have been playing this for ages!.

I never thought that he was a town role. He himself said that he was a neutral (unless I'm misremembering) and with the way that he explained his role I saw it being realistic. I never really thought seriously about the role being scum related, partly because I've never seen it that way. Then with him lying about being vanilla, that again seemed reasonable. If I was in that position I would have lied as well. He was just unfortunate and happened to have been targeted the night before.

Fireblend

Banned
I never thought that he was a town role. He himself said that he was a neutral (unless I'm misremembering) and with the way that he explained his role I saw it being realistic. I never really thought seriously about the role being scum related, partly because I've never seen it that way. Then with him lying about being vanilla, that again seemed reasonable. If I was in that position I would have lied as well. He was just unfortunate and happened to have been targeted the night before.

He never said he was neutral. Are you voting for CCS today? Now that kitty posted I'm once again in favor of turboing now. Hopefully before they can disclose the name of the doctor, too.

Kalor

He never said he was neutral. Are you voting for CCS today? Now that kitty posted I'm once again in favor of turboing now. Hopefully before they can disclose the name of the doctor, too.

Ah. I must of filled that blank in my head without realising.

I was planning to vote for them. I was still catching up when I posted that so I didn't know people were committed to the turbo right now.

Vote: CCS

Fireblend

Banned
Ouro, don't call us idiots, Retro is gonna be mad. I'd instead appreciate a good argument for why a turbo isn't in our best interest right now.

Ourobolus

Banned
Ouro, don't call us idiots, Retro is gonna be mad. I'd instead appreciate a good argument for why a turbo isn't in our best interest right now.
Mostly because I didn't get to vote yesterday since you ended the day like 5 minutes before I woke up

And I'd would like to hear from those mentioned above

DAY 4 VOTE TALLY:

CCS (7)
Fireblend 1226
Ourobolus 1255
*Splinter 1257
Poltergust 1260
kingkitty 1268
Kalor 1272
backslashbunny 1279

No active vote for Day 4: CCS, Crab, Flame_AC, Kawl_USC, Spoiled Milk, zeemumu

7 votes for majority

Day has ended.

Majority has been reached. Please do not post any more until your gamerunner delivers your result.

*Splinter

Are you asking me why scum is dumber than expected? I don't know, convince me to not vote CCS, considering your vote is there,
Wut, I'm not trying to convince anyone of that? I'm asking how you can think he is scum.

He's clearly neutral and I already described why we should lynch him.

Top Bottom