• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brink |OT| _/^\_

zlatko

Banned
weekend_warrior said:
The online looks janky as hell right now.

This is the 360 version I assume he's playing right? Remember the 360 version has a day one patch coming out on Tuesday. Before it hits it won't have the fixes they have for online net code, some pop in, and a few other issues that will smooth out.

Plus, you have to take into account all the facts of what the stream is:
Guy is pretty bad/new to the game
Doesn't know maps
Isn't super used to how to get the most out of SMART yet
etc
etc

zlatko

Banned
Anyone know when that D2D sale ends? I'm going to double dip and get the PC version as well as my 360, and would probably be willing to drop that $36.00 Tuesday night in case my 360 version doesn't show up.

Rad-

Yeah that Justin.Tv stream isn't doing any justice to the game. Horrible stream quality + the guy is playing it like it's CoD or something.

Teknoman

you have the option to detonate a bomb implanted into your head that will explode

Wow. Either way, engineer for me, but like TF2, I guess you'll need to switch to whatever is needed the most atm.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
derFeef said:

Haha, that's awesome.

Really like how they're handling the Engineer turret perks, to get the more improved ones you need to still have the light turret taking a spot.

Operative is the class I'm planning on mainly using and he seems to have a good set of things he can do, looking good.

derFeef

Love the music. I think I am going to be engineer - still need to see how the game handles multiple characters/body types and stuff.

Qatar

I preordered this game last August, and I'm eagerly waiting for it to come out
too bad I can't play on it's release as I'm traveling next week and won't have time to play it.
:(

Dina

No, the turret is automatic (like in tf2) but the operative can hack it and then aim it at the enemy engineer (or others).

Tokubetsu

divisionbyzorro said:
So the Engineer can build a turret, but only the Operative can manually control it? Seems kinda weird, but okay.

How many perks can you have active at once? If I've bought all the perks, are they all active for me?

Three "active" perks and you can have however many passive ones. I think. Don't 100% me on that but I'm pretty sure it's somewhere along those lines. The guy who had the guide said it still wasn't too clear to him so it looks like it'll be a wait until you play/wait to hear from someone who has played deal.

JonCha

zlatko said:
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14535185

This recorded footage of the game is a better look than that JustinTV guy's stream.

Ran much smoother, he's a better player, and you get to enjoy the audio.

My hype, it's over 9000!

Nice to see some actual footage, but he was terrible. Didn't watch his bloom and ignored people who were stopping him for completing objectives.

The game does look gorgeous though. Hype increasing.

Nocebo

Dina said:
No, the turret is automatic (like in tf2) but the operative can hack it and then aim it at the enemy engineer (or others).
That's what he said right? Only in TF2 the engineer has the wrangler which allows him to control his own turret. But in brink the operative can control friendly turrets which is a little odd.

Un4

I've just recieved my pre-order from dutch gameshop Futurezone, and i ordered it yesterday for 40 euro's. No pre-order bonusses, but since the game is coming out here next friday i'm not complaining!

Shoogoo

Rad- said:
Wow the OP sounds a lot more awesome than I first thought. Damn, all three of Medic, OP and Engie sound great. Soldier pretty lame in comparison.

And yet 70% of the players will go Soldier :)

Raide

Tokubetsu said:
I'm going ultimate nimble heal bitch/mule. It's gonna be awesome

*Hi-Five*

We will bitch heal the entire world!

Love the idea of giving your supplies for another class. A nice additional feature the Medics have. :D

Dina

Operative abilities seem really good. Not too hot on the fact that engi's need to spend 3 point just to get the level 5 turret.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Lake Minnetonka said:
How will I have fun if I've unlocked everything?

Yeah, I only play shooters online to fill bars.

If I can't fill bars, I'm not having fun.

Raide

Dina said:
Operative abilities seem really good. Not too hot on the fact that engi's need to spend 3 point just to get the level 5 turret.

In the interview, he mentioned that the high level ones were really sweet. :D Hopefully the higher level stuff has better defences against being hacked etc.

Edit: Also wondering...if you down someone, can you slide kick them to death?

Rad-

Death Dealer said:
A perk to allow an engineer to have two landmines place at once, so default is only one active land mine ? You could have several mines placed at once in ET and QW. One active mine to start, and two max sounds so weak !

Well tbh they are invisible to all except the operative. So it's a very easy kill against all other classes.

Shoogoo

Raide said:
Play = Fallout
Amazon = Psycho
GAME = Spec Ops & Doom. (How did they swing that?)

I wonder if the code is in with the game or if GAME will do the usual thing and hand out codes? If they give out codes and they are not region specific, I will see if I can grab a few for Brink-GAF.

I don't understand the preorder, there are 2 different versions on GAME, one with the bonus one without it (the latter being cheaper)?

I thought it was a gift to every preorders?

It's a shame nothing resembling the artillery and air strikes from ET and Quake Wars seem to be present in Brink. At least going by the ability list that seems to be the case. Although watching the leaked footage seems to suggest much of the maps take place indoors.

zorbsie

Shoogoo said:
Anybody here watching it? When he was in the options, did you see the possibility to custom map buttons? I think I saw it for one second but wasn't paying attention. Quality is low too.

There is about 7 presets that match high profile games (halo, battlefield, COD) and there is an option to have a totally customized button layout. This is for the 360 version at least.

Shoogoo

zorbsie said:
There is about 7 presets that match high profile games (halo, battlefield, COD) and there is an option to have a totally customized button layout. This is for the 360 version at least.

Thank you so much.

Sold!

Top Bottom