• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brink |OT| _/^\_

The M.O.B

(._.) said:
I was told there is a way to get 25% off on this when preordered through d2d. anybody heard about this?

Yes, add the game to your cart and checkout.

Put in "SIZZLE" for the Promotion code.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I really fucking hate release dates. The fact that the game is fully paid for and sitting on my pc yet I can't play pisses me off lol.

Proven

Everyone seems to have a hard time checking if the random bot is friend or foe. They keep running past and not worrying about anything unless they see a red bar.

The anime guy is slowly playing better, but the slayer guy is still about 40% better.

taoofjord

I'm watching the stream right now and I can't help but feel that the game is nowhere near as deep as enemy territory. It seems more like Team Fortress meets ET but without the strengths of either. Of course it could also be that everyone has no idea what they're doing so far. Like, they're all just standing in the middle of a room and shooting.

The level being streamed now seems a little too tight and cramped while its more open parts seem really empty (with very little cover). I've already pre-ordered it and I'm still excited but watching this guy play just isn't doing much for me :(

Grayman

On the stream it looks like the levels have a lot of angles to play from. Everything else is first day twiddlystix bot play so ya.

Teknoman

taoofjord said:
I'm watching the stream right now and I can't help but feel that the game is nowhere near as deep as enemy territory. Of course it could also be that everyone has no idea what tehy're doing so far.

The level being streamed now seems a little too tight and cramped while its more open parts seem really empty (with very little cover). I've already pre-ordered it and I'm still excited but watching this guy play just isn't doing much for me :(

Well so far, people either dont know how to play at all (havent seen anyone slide or vault yet) or try to play it like Black Ops.

Proven

The first level is really simple. On an earlier stream I saw someone play on Container City, and there were actual side missions besides "Capture the Command Post!"

I'm guessing the later maps will have a number of things going on with the level, but the first map takes into account that you don't have many abilities, so just concentrate on the firefight dammit.

derFeef

taoofjord said:
I'm watching the stream right now and I can't help but feel that the game is nowhere near as deep as enemy territory. Of course it could also be that everyone has no idea what they're doing so far. It seems more like Team Fortress meets ET but without the strengths of either.

I have the feeling that the bots always take the same route and they tend to stockpile on some locations. I am sure there are alternate paths that players will take advantage of - that will open up the game a bit.

Proven said:
The first level is really simple. On an earlier stream I saw someone play on Container City, and there were actual side missions besides "Capture the Command Post!"

I'm guessing the later maps will have a number of things going on with the level, but the first map takes into account that you don't have many abilities, so just concentrate on the firefight dammit.
Yeah, that as well.

taoofjord

SO pumped for character customization though! Man that'll be fun!

Edit: Whoops! Didn't realize he was playing bots... that makes complete sense. Much less worried now! :)

mxgt

Banned
Stream really isn't selling me. I know it's just crappy AI bots but it doesn't look that fun. I'm sure it'll be better with actual people though.

I love the art style and customisation however.

zlatko said:
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14535185

This recorded footage of the game is a better look than that JustinTV guy's stream.

Ran much smoother, he's a better player, and you get to enjoy the audio.

My hype, it's over 9000!
He does a challenge, gets a new objective, sees the objective behind a wall, jumps straight into said wall, says: "I guess you can't get up there!"

Watching these people play is just depressing, but it does make you realize why developers are so adamant about making games more accessible to idiots, because really, there really are no words for how shitty some people are at playing games.

Makoto

Danne-Danger said:
He does a challenge, gets a new objective, sees the objective behind a wall, jumps straight into said wall, says: "I guess you can't get up there!"
Was he a light or medium body type when he said that?

Erasus

(._.) said:
I was told there is a way to get 25% off on this when preordered through d2d. anybody heard about this?

How do people keep missing this??

Its in big letters on the home page of the site!

The M.O.B

I feel like there should be more moments where I get to see my character.

Would have liked if perhaps the camera zoomed out when hacking, or when incapacitated on the ground...

Teknoman

The M.O.B said:

Would have liked if perhaps the camera zoomed out when hacking, or when incapacitated on the ground...

Dont your characters appear in cutscenes?

Grayman

The M.O.B said:

A zoomed out camera while hacking is an optional ability.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Man watching the stream i'm not sure about this game anymore. I was pretty hyped but ....i think i'll wait for reviews.

vidal said:
Was he a light or medium body type when he said that?
I'm guessing medium, but really, there's no way anyone could get up the wall he jumped into. Granted it was a wall that kinda looked like you could climb it (as it's just steel rods) if it was real life and not Brink.

The M.O.B

Just saw the commercial again on TV, more exposure will be nice

Teknoman said:
Dont your characters appear in cutscenes?

Ah that is always nice when your custom shows up in cutscenes, not sure how much i'll play the SP campaign though...

Grayman said:
A zoomed out camera while hacking is an optional ability.

Oh nevermind, there is nothing this game doesn't have lol. >_<

Tuesday can't come soon enough.

Danne-Danger said:

Watching these people play is just depressing, but it does make you realize why developers are so adamant about making games more accessible to idiots, because really, there really are no words for how shitty some people are at playing games.

Lol yup. It's incredible.

54-46!

Except for the presentation (art and sound is so much better than previous SD titles) and SMART system I really don't like any of the changes made since ET.

O D I N

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

My parents decided to get me a gift card for Gamestop for my birthday (yesterday), since I was talking about how interested I was in this game.

I kinda wanted the Walmart edition, but whatever. I'll have a Gamestop code to use/trade/giveaway.

Too hyped for this game. I started watching a ton of preview videos on YT (mostly the documentary/official videos). I can't wait til Tuesday.

Azriell

I just clicked on the justintv live stream, watched about 20 seconds of gameplay, and the channel was shut down before my very eyes :(.

What I saw looked pretty good though, and definitely pushed me back in the direction of 'buy' (some of those promo vids have been pretty bad looking).

Now that I went through with it I realized that I never bought a Steam game through D2D. I guess D2D will just send me an activation code for pre-loading?

Phife Dawg said:
Now that I went through with it I realized that I never bought a Steam game through D2D. I guess D2D will just send me an activation code for pre-loading?
Yup, though I haven't gotten mine from co.uk yet.

Teknopathetic said:
"Yup, though I haven't gotten mine from co.uk yet."

If you click send info/download it should force it to send you your key.
I get an email but no key, did anyone else get theirs from co.uk already?

Firebrand

No, "Send Info" just sent me a useless e-mail. I think the "Pre-order" button needs to change to a "Download" one before you can get a key.

Top Bottom