• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brink |OT| _/^\_

The M.O.B

nismogrendel said:
I'm not a fan of this phone authorization D2D does... for some reason its failing for me and haven't gotten a ticket response.
Sure it's in right format?

Should be in xxx-xxx-xxxx that format.

Worked fine for me yesterday.

Yea I tried it with and without dashes. Not sure whats up, now it's saying I've reached my limit for paying (tried 3 times), and have to wait for customer service.

demolitio

For those of you who work at GameStop, Walmart, Best Buy, or Target, you can get a copy of Brink FOR FREE from Bethesda's site. Here's the link: https://insiders.bethsoft.com/register.php

I found the deal on SD and figured I'd post here since I didn't think it was on here yet. Just enter some work information and they'll send you a copy.

I really wish I still worked at Best Buy now (or any job period) but I had to quit due to medical issues so this was perfect fucking timing...lol

Well, if any of you have two jobs at those retailers, you know who to give a deal to! :D

The guy on the stream is spending half an hour dressing up his character and concluding that the game is awesome in the meanwhile.

This just in: in 2011 , boys are little girls who'd rather secretly play with their sister's barbie and ken dolls than with their toy cars, army men and football.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
demolitio said:
For those of you who work at GameStop, Walmart, Best Buy, or Target, you can get a copy of Brink FOR FREE from Bethesda's site. Here's the link: https://insiders.bethsoft.com/register.php

I found the deal on SD and figured I'd post here since I didn't think it was on here yet. Just enter some work information and they'll send you a copy.

I really wish I still worked at Best Buy now (or any job period) but I had to quit due to medical issues so this was perfect fucking timing...lol

Well, if any of you have two jobs at those retailers, you know who to give a deal to! :D
Damn, if I worked at any of these places I'd be all over this. I'm kind of on the fence about this game, especially since PSN is down, but this would make the decision really easy.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Sadly I'm going to pass on my day one for this, not enough of my friends are picking it up. It the Xbox 360 community is steady then I'll probably pick it up over the summer.

Proven

SneakyStephan said:
The guy on the stream is spending half an hour dressing up his character and concluding that the game is awesome in the meanwhile.

This just in: in 2011 , boys are little girls who'd rather secretly play with their sister's barbie and ken dolls than with their toy cars, army men and football.

To be fair, every single other stream has spent about 30 minutes dressing up their character before they did a single mission.

Makoto

This is exactly how it's going to go down on the watchgamesearly stream:

Watch introductory video.

Still be awful at game.

I guess that's what the other guy I linked to earlier was doing, watching this really long introductory video.

SneakyStephan said:

Lol. Character customization is one of the most appealing aspects of Brink to me. Having your own personally designed character to take to the fight is awesome. No more clones running around looking exactly the same, that's so boring.

The weapon customization is also awesome. For someone who is a big gun nut, being able to change out muzzle brakes, front grips and magazine sizes is just too much fun.

vidal said:
This is exactly how it's going to go down on the watchgamesearly stream:

Watch introductory video.

Still be awful at game.

I guess that's what the other guy I linked to earlier was doing, watching this really long introductory video.

Lol. So true. Watch every tutorial and still get stomped by normal bots all day. I'd still watch it though because I want as much Brink as I can get.

derFeef

zlatko said:
Is Gaf out to troll me tonight or what?

It's just another guy not skipping that 20 minute long ass video. How about you don't link to shit until it's actually someone playing the damn game? :/
Stay calm, noone can guess whats happening on the stream.

edit: oh wow, shutdown note by devs.

Teknoman

RoboPlato said:
Damn, if I worked at any of these places I'd be all over this. I'm kind of on the fence about this game, especially since PSN is down, but this would make the decision really easy.

WTF SERIOUSLY?! Damn it. Not that im not happy to support what seems like will be a great game, but i'd be happier if I got it for free... Oh well, registered anyway.

zlatko

Banned
derFeef said:
Man, why, the streams are building hype, free advertising. Maybe they don't want the game to be shown without that day1 patch?

*shrug* Maybe that's the reason. Most developers try to shut stuff like this down ASAP, so it's not a big surprise.

Sanic

Streams ARE great advertising.

Anybody remember that Borderlands stream with that brandon kid? I guess it was set up by gearbox, but it pretty much sold me on the game.

Makoto

Yup, this guy is awful. The option to respawn is sitting right there on his face and he thinks medics are the only people who are able to revive him. You don't even need the introductory video. IT'S RIGHT THERE IN YOUR FACE.

zlatko

Banned
Pandoracell said:

Anybody remember that Borderlands stream with that brandon kid? I guess it was set up by gearbox, but it pretty much sold me on the game.

That must be why they don't want these streams to happen then. These guys are so fucking awful at the game that it just doesn't do it justice. Bad PR in the hands of dingle berries. :)

troopershades

Neo Member
demolitio said:

Holy smokes that was news to me, thanks dude. I just signed up but I have to wait on good ol bethesda to verify it. Again, thanks.

demolitio

troopershades said:
Holy smokes that was news to me, thanks dude. I just signed up but I have to wait on good ol bethesda to verify it. Again, thanks.
No problem. I figured someone would be able to get some use out of it at least. :D

Proven

He's slowly getting pretty decent on gunplay, but he hasn't paid attention to the mechanics...

Edit: He's learning quickly enough. And taking advice from the stream.

Edit2: And then he went back downhill.

rac

Banned
derFeef said:
Man, why, the streams are building hype, free advertising. Maybe they don't want the game to be shown without that day1 patch?
Free advertising? More like everyone trolling a chat and awful gameplay by someone who is awful at games. Hey, at least he isn't going into iron sights every two seconds.

Teknoman

rac said:
Free advertising? More like everyone trolling a chat and awful gameplay by someone who is awful at games. Hey, at least he isn't going into iron sights every two seconds.

Im surprised that people are bugging him to use sights all the time.

EDIT: Lol hes banning anyone who insults him instantly.

FrankT

Pandoracell said:

Best streams were RDR. Sold me quick.

Teknoman

The M.O.B said:
Lack of recoil on the guns is disturbing to me..........

Dont SMGs usually not have that much recoil? Either way, apparently the PC version is going to have different recoil mechanics than the console version?

zlatko

Banned
Teknoman said:
Im surprised that people are bugging him to use sights all the time.

EDIT: Lol hes banning anyone who insults him instantly.

Lol to be fair this guy is awkward as fuck when he talks and what he says.

Video looks...OK...but not great. Not sure if I should keep my preorder.

Anybody know if reviews for this game will drop before Tuesday?

Top Bottom