• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brink |OT| _/^\_

Twig

Banned
Cyntec said:
Hopefully the embargo ends in a few hours, so I can finally start bashing...
This one time, I got so mad at a game that I wanted to tell everyone just how much it SUCKS, but I couldn't, because I wasn't allowed, so I just told them I was going to tell them how much it sucked once I was allowed.

ONLY EIGHT MORE HOURS UNTIL I GET TO PLAYYYY

Ashour

Got someone to buy the game from the US D2D and send me the CDkey. Everything worked fine in Steam but the game unlocks on Friday not Tuesday for me. That made me sad :(

Blizzard

Banned
Corky said:
What you want to do is to just check your email/d2d account for the cd-key and then type that into steam and dl it via steam. Quick and clean :)
Thanks, but if I already downloaded a 5GB installer or whatnot, is that different than the normal Steam installation? If it uses Steamworks I thought that meant it requires Steam and has no different DRM no matter where you download it. Perhaps I was greatly mistaken, though.

I was just wondering if there was a way to avoid another 5GB+ download. :p

GlamFM said:
Got this 2 hours ago - absolutely not my game.

The controls feel really imprecise, movement is very slow and the endless respawning enemies make completing objectives super frustrating.

I´ll give it another try tomorrow.

XBOX360 btw.

I felt the same way until you get around level 9-10. The problem with Brink is that if you're playing SP you really need a decent amount of abilities & gun enhancements to combat the stupid fucking A.I.

Keep grinding until you unlock Rank 3 abilities. If you still hate the game sell that shit.

NIN90

SneakyStephan said:
With a mouse that gif would have ended in the first 0.5 seconds.
Why chase someone on top of a bunch of obstacles when you can just shoot them.

You ever heard of the rule of cool?

Blizzard said:
Thanks, but if I already downloaded a 5GB installer or whatnot, is that different than the normal Steam installation? If it uses Steamworks I thought that meant it requires Steam and has no different DRM no matter where you download it. Perhaps I was greatly mistaken, though.

I was just wondering if there was a way to avoid another 5GB+ download. :p

Maybe it acts the same way a retail disc of a steamworks game would work?
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5357-FSQM-0382
Try to change the path to where your D2D installer is located.

XeroSauce

Ashour said:
Got someone to buy the game from the US D2D and send me the CDkey. Everything worked fine in Steam but the game unlocks on Friday not Tuesday for me. That made me sad :(

Wow, what? Is this happening for every D2D order?

Raide

SneakyStephan said:
If the cat gets exp for killing mice it wouldn't act like a cat anymore:p

:D

If the cats had a bonus besides the thrill of the hut, they would be popping tricks all over the place. Brink is just a slightly bigger cat...with guns.

Right, so apparently Brink doesn't work for me if I bought it from D2D.co.uk, Steam said that "this product is not available for purchase in your country", I feel I'm being fucked here?

GlamFM

Banned
BigBlackGamer said:
I felt the same way until you get around level 9-10. The problem with Brink is that if you're playing SP you really need a decent amount of abilities & gun enhancements to combat the stupid fucking A.I.

Keep grinding until you unlock Rank 3 abilities. If you still hate the game sell that shit.

But I don´t get gun enhancements with XP right? Or do I?

I thought I needed to do these stupid missions?

XeroSauce

Danne-Danger said:
Right, so apparently Brink doesn't work for me if I bought it from D2D.co.uk, Steam said that "this product is not available for purchase in your country", I feel I'm being fucked here?

I'm assuming you are actually in the UK? Contact D2D support or Steam support ASAP.

XeroSauce said:
I'm assuming you are actually in the UK? Contact D2D support or Steam support ASAP.
I'm not actually in the UK, but I didn't hide my country or address when I bought it, and D2D listed Sweden as a valid country for buying the product.

Hakkuei

Danne-Danger said:
It's the same for everybody so just dl the game on D2D or activate it on steam with a UK VPN. I'm sure it will be fixed soon though.

GlamFM said:
But I don´t get gun enhancements with XP right? Or do I?

I thought I needed to do these stupid missions?

Most of the meaningful enhancements you can get easily with those side missions. Unlock grip and a iron sight of your choice to improve the gunplay. Most of the side missions are really short and easy.

charsace

SneakyStephan said:
With a mouse that gif would have ended in the first 0.5 seconds.
Why chase someone on top of a bunch of obstacles when you can just shoot them.
Even if that is console the guy would have been dead just because he's running in a straight line.

Hakkuei said:
It's the same for everybody so just dl the game on D2D or activate it on steam with a UK VPN.
And if I activate it through a VPN I'll be able to play it as usual afterwards (any suggestions on what to use?)? And what's the point of downloading if I can't activate the key, will that work?

so does this game have anything for single player except bots? are there story and cutscenes or anything, any interactive places to talk to people etc or just all action all the time against bots?

TimeLike

BigBlackGamer said:

Defending an objective against limitlessly respawning enemies with a ten minutes timer only to lose with a couple minutes left on the clock on EASY is really frustrating. At least L4D was fun by yourself. I'll take your word for it that level 3 abilities will help me out. I'm not that far yet.

cleveridea said:
so does this game have anything for single player except bots? are there story and cutscenes or anything, any interactive places to talk to people etc or just all action all the time against bots?
There is story and cutscenes, but the gameplay is identical to multiplayer.

Firebrand

Ugh. Key not activating here either. My country was listed on the D2D product page for Brink, so I hope they can fix it. Or let us know ASAP if they can't, so I can pre-order elsewhere.

Anyone in the UK been able to register their key yet?

Firebrand said:
Ugh. Key not activating here either. My country was listed on the D2D product page for Brink, so I hope they can fix it. Or let us know ASAP if they can't, so I can pre-order elsewhere.

Anyone in the UK been able to register their key yet?
People on the SD forums seem to be able to, it's a region restriction thing.

Huge fuckup on D2Ds part.

And we can't get a refund by just cancelling it now can we? I mean we have the keys...

Anilusion

Got my D2D key as well but can't activate it in sweden :( Downloading the client from D2D now, will I be able to play the game with that?

Raide

I cannot wait to see some footage of actual players fighting against each other. It will be glorious!...Hopefully. :D

Anilusion said:
Got my D2D key as well but can't activate it in sweden :( Downloading the client from D2D now, will I be able to play the game with that?
I doubt it, send tickets to D2D.co.uk and pester them until we get valid keys or refunds.

SneakyStephan said:
With a mouse that gif would have ended in the first 0.5 seconds. Why chase someone on top of a bunch of obstacles when you can just shoot them.

Weirdest opportunity for a PC master race plug ever; also you weren't paying attention - bullets were pinging off the ground and crates around him; he had to keep moving after the other guy or he was going to get shot in the back.

Lastly, have you NEVER done anything in a multiplayer game just for the hell of it? You sound like a barrel of laughs.

Well against my better judgement I went ahead and pre-ordered this through Amazon. Looks pretty interesting and I'm tired of BC2 and MW2 at the moment.

XeroSauce said:
#1 on Steam and it's shooting up like crazy on Amazon and D2D. This is it.

That's more like it. Holding out this is going to be the word of mouth smash hit; not betting on it though.

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#1 in Video Games > Xbox 360 > Action > Shooter
#1 in Video Games > Xbox 360 > All Games

Considering running a private server just for tonight/maybe tomorrow on a spare machine. Will post password and stuff if I decide to do it later tonight. Unless another gaffer bought a server in which case, I won't.

Sanic

Teknopathetic said:
Considering running a private server just for tonight/maybe tomorrow on a spare machine. Will post password and stuff if I decide to do it later tonight. Unless another gaffer bought a server in which case, I won't.
We have at least one US and one EU server, but another can't hurt if you want to take the time to do it.

zlatko

Banned
Pandoracell said:
4.5 hours to go. I think I'm gonna start by jumping into the singleplayer
jk

I'm going to bed in 3 and a half hours then I get to awaken to a drive to Best Buy to snag the hype on a disc that is Brink.

Please have good net code. *crosses fingers*

:)

Genesis Knight said:
Weirdest opportunity for a PC master race plug ever; also you weren't paying attention - bullets were pinging off the ground and crates around him; he had to keep moving after the other guy or he was going to get shot in the back.

Lastly, have you NEVER done anything in a multiplayer game just for the hell of it? You sound like a barrel of laughs.

It was more of an opportunity to use the indiana jones gif.
The mouse plug was more of a bonus (and not untrue).

You can't deny that , while a it's a cool scenario, that is not how things will play out 9999/10000 times.

SneakyStephan said:
It was more of an opportunity to use the indiana jones gif.
The mouse plug was more of a bonus (and not untrue).

You can't deny that , while a it's a cool scenario, that is not how things will play out 9999/10000 times.

I haven't played against humans yet and neither have you. If that had been a bot, sure, it never would have happened. But who knows. I'm guessing everyone from day one will be trying to pull as much crazy freerunning shit as possible.

Proven

Oh yeah, for those like me who aren't going to be playing at midnight, there are a couple of places you can go for streams and like if you want. Right now my main go to is thebrink.tv

Just a heads up:
Attention Direct2Drive UK Buyers:

We are aware of an issue with using your key if located outside the UK. We are working with Bethesda to resolve this. There is still plenty of time to download and get ready for May 13th!"

(._.)

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
The game is unlocking at midnight? If it is I will probably be up and playing.

anybody doing a server just post it up and I'll play.

Sanic

I guess I may as well post this here: I'm interested in trading the psycho pack for either the doom or fallout pack

@(._.), I'll have a US server up right around midnight, assuming gameservers gets everything rolling as scheduled.

Top Bottom