• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brink |OT| _/^\_

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Won't be using the Psycho pack mask though. Want to see my character's sexy customizable face.

Might as well repost it:
Q: Do the pre-order weapons have their own, unique stats, or do they share the stats of other weapons, with a different model and skin to represent it? How do they balance out against the stock weapons?

A: All of the pre-order weapons mimic the stats of guns that are already in the game. The pre-order weapons do have new looks and in some cases new sounds. Also, since this has been asked quite a bit, if you have multiple pre-orders codes for different offers, you can use all of them in one copy of Brink to get all of the goods.
From some site with frag in the title, or something like that!

-PXG- said:
UGGGH!!!! So conflicted. Not sure if I want to pick up my pre-order tomorrow. HALP!

Wait a few hours? NA PC gamers will have their copies and be playing soon enough. You'll get all the impressions you'll need.

Danne-Danger said:
That's been their entire marketing campaign, would be odd if they wised up now!

And all the pre-order weapon stuff is just skins, SD confirmed it not too long ago.
even the Psycho revolver and the Walmart machine pistol? those seemed like unique guns. if so, that's kinda disappointing.

ah I see. makes sense I guess.

thezerofire said:
even the Psycho revolver and the Walmart machine pistol? those seemed like unique guns. if so, that's kinda disappointing.
Yeah looking at how they formulated themselves in the associated text it seemed like it, but I don't think it said so outright. Another case of Bethesda marketing genius!

For what it's worth, the Amazon and Walmart packs do get uniquely skinned attachments (which you, the player actually get to look at) while the Best Buy and Gamestop packs get unique t-shirts (which only other players get to look at). And yet I just want the t-shirts for my virtual Barbie Murder. :lol

zlatko

Banned
weekend_warrior said:
Does it really look that bad? :\

Naw, both versions look good. PS3 just is less blurrier and seems to be using better lighting than the Xbox 360 version from what my eyes can see.

AgentOtaku said:
This is IdTech4 right? If so, not surprising as the PS3 version of Wolfenstein was a hair better

Yeah. It's Virtual/Mega texturing at work again; looks worse on the 360 thanks to the nonstandard HDD - the engine has to provide for there being no HDD to cache from. Sort of sucks, but them's the breaks.

Definity

weekend_warrior said:
Does it really look that bad? :\
Yes. It looks that bad and if you have a HDD make sure to install it but I've tried it with HDD and without and it still looks very blurry. (360)

zlatko

Banned
Definity said:
Yes. It looks that bad and if you have a HDD make sure to install it but I've tried it with HDD and without and it still looks very blurry. (360)

How many gigs to install on 360 ?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
ikPceg.jpg

ikPemo.jpg

Definity said:

I'd be buying it for PS3. Some of these pictures are pretty concerning.

YTGaj.jpg

KaYotiX

Banned
Why is there even a debate about PS3 or 360? Which one can you play online tomorrow? End of story. Nobody is gonna buy a game they cant get online with when thats the MAIN draw of the game.

if i just had a PS3 id buy the PC version instead.

thezerofire said:

ah I see. makes sense I guess.
Disappointing? I'm getting the Psycho pack and I think the news is great. Multiplayer games should never have exclusive weapons that are only available to certain players.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
I set up a server for PC GAF. Its running default Objective settings. Its running on a 30Mbps fiber line in SoCal. I didn't really mess with any settings, so if you guys need me to turn on/off something, send me a PM. I won't be getting it for a few days at least.

IP : 74.111.193.201
Password : gafgaf

DKo5 said:
I set up a server for PC GAF. Its running default Objective settings. Its running on a 30Mbps fiber line in SoCal. I didn't really mess with any settings, so if you guys need me to turn on/off something, send me a PM. I won't be getting it for a few days at least.

Password : classified shit

you're awesome man. Sweet.

zlatko

Banned
DKo5 said:

Maybe you should edit that out, and just tell Gaffers to PM you for that info, since lurkers could join to troll.

CrookedRain said:
Disappointing? I'm getting the Psycho pack and I think the news is great. Multiplayer games should never have exclusive weapons that are only available to certain players.

I don't care as long as they're not awesome weapons or something.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
zlatko said:
Maybe you should edit that out, and just tell Gaffers to PM you for that info, since lurkers could join to troll.

Meh, if they become a problem I'll change the pw and go that route. I figure first night its worth getting as many people together as possible.

Big Chungus

Anyone want to trade their Fallout DLC pack?

I have an unused retail key for Star Trek Online and an unused Spartan Recon Helmet 360 code for use with avatar.

Bromeliad

Neo Member
Oh hey, something I didn't know that is a pretty neat detail is that the Resistance and Security guns sound different. In the launch trailer a resistance character and a security character fire the same type of gun like a second apart from one another, and you can tell. The resistance's sound a lot more clattery and loud than the Security, who sound more crisp and clean a la Call of Duty.

It's touches like these that make me really appreciate the dichotomy between the two factions, and looking back on the early builds and concept art over the years you can see that SD knew the visual direction for both of them pretty early on and stuck to it. Go them. Each side is visually appealing in different ways, and their outlook and motivations are both so grey-area that I'm really torn as to which I'll support more.

Bromeliad said:
Oh hey, something I didn't know that is a pretty neat detail is that the Resistance and Security guns sound different. In the launch trailer a resistance character and a security character fire the same type of gun like a second apart from one another, and you can tell. The resistance's sound a lot more clattery and loud than the Security, who sound more crisp and clean a la Call of Duty.

It's touches like these that make me really appreciate the dichotomy between the two factions, and looking back on the early builds and concept art over the years you can see that SD knew the visual direction for both of them pretty early on and stuck to it. Go them. Each side is visually appealing in different ways, and their outlook and motivations are both so grey-area that I'm really torn as to which I'll support more.

Yeah, I remember them talking about this now in a Vidoc. The resistance guns sound like they're falling apart; really mechanical and clunky. The security ones are tight and crisp.

Shurs

zlatko said:
As far as Brink goes, when I put up my review I won't be worried about beating out everyone else which seems to be what everyone else is up to. They need to get their half assed word out first and not give the game the necessary time and love. I imagine Friday is when I'll have covered everything needed to be able to articulate why the game is a success or a bust.

Did you get a review copy, or are you just talking?

The M.O.B

DKo5 said:

Sweet i'm in SoCal so this will be great for me :D

Thanks for doing this.

Hour and 30 min left till unlock. wooot

FUUUUUUUUU, those 360 VS PS3 shots are disappointing. The 360 version looks too dark!

All my friends are on the 360 and I prefer the controller, but the differences it’s quite big.

Top Bottom