• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brink |OT| _/^\_

zlatko

Banned
Pandoracell said:
I guess I may as well post this here: I'm interested in trading the psycho pack for either the doom or fallout pack.

Edited so I don't get more PM's with offers for the DLC codes lol. :p

Does anyone know if the codes are cross platform?

teepo

zlatko said:
If I get mine from Best Buy tomorrow I will do that trade.

I'm interested in the Psycho Pack and will be willing to paypal $5.00 gift if anyone wants to let me get their psycho pack tomorrow. :)

sold

"Would be sweet if somone could stream the inaugural games on the US gaf server."

I've been toying around with streaming my PC the past few days, depends on how much Brink likes being streamed. Some games just hate the shit out of it. If I streamed I probably wouldn't host a server though, even though I have more than enough upstream to do so.

Plasma

Banned
If somebody from the US gifted the game to somebody from the EU would they be able to play it when it unlocks in the US?

Isn't there a way to get my key from D2D.co.uk (even though for now it's useless) without having to download the client from them?
The download button only gives me a link to the game client, no key in sight.

Chanser

InternHertz said:
Isn't there a way to get my key from D2D.co.uk (even though for now it's useless) without having to download the client from them?
The download button only gives me a link to the game client, no key in sight.

When you click the download button, the key should appear on the page.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Do we know when the dedicated server will be available? I'll totally put up a GAF server if its needed.

Edit: NM! Just re-checked Steam/Library/Tools and its up. Setting up a server now.

zlatko

Banned
I wonder if Splash Damage and Bethesda will take any action against Sony for the PS3 version losses that will come as a result of PSN being down. A multiplayer focused game that can't be played online = dust collector, so if I were Bethesda I'd look for some coin to line my pockets for this or at least tons of free advertising covered by Sony.

Sanic

zlatko said:
I wonder if Splash Damage and Bethesda will take any action against Sony for the PS3 version losses that will come as a result of PSN being down. A multiplayer focused game that can't be played online = dust collector, so if I were Bethesda I'd look for some coin to line my pockets for this or at least tons of free advertising covered by Sony.

SD must feel pretty terrible right now, though. I feel bad for them, it's like opening an amusement park and having only a two thirds of the attractions working.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
zlatko said:

I'd imagine Sony pretty much has to if they want to stay on a good relationship with them. I'd also imagine this is the case with the devs releasing XBLA/PSN games right now, Outland got really fucked over.

Ken

zlatko

Banned
Ken said:

Well it's nice to see them retain a positive outlook, but they must be high if they don't think this will cost them a good chunk of sales. It'd be fine if PSN was like a few days away from being back in action, but now that it could be May 31st....well I'd want some money.

Socom 4 is straight up dead on arrival thanks to this. I wanted to get Socom 4 in case Brink wasn't that good since my time with the Socom 4 beta was enjoyable. Brink shouldn't suffer especially since 2 weeks is really stretching patience from so many people. People who are patient like SD is being here are praise worthy, because if it was me I would've lost it by now lol.

delta25

Banned
Any word on how the PC version is in regards to optimization/porting?

What's up with the hate on the SP for this game, did I miss something?

luiztfc

I can't understand when will the game be unlocked for steam users. I always thought it would be on 10 May, I was checking the steam store page for it and saw this:

brink.png

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
luiztfc said:
I can't understand when will the game be unlocked for steam users. I always thought it would be on 10 May, I was checking the steam store page for it and saw this:

brink.png

In NA it unlocks in 4 hours, in Europe it'll be midnight of the 12th.

I guess there are going to be a glut of "Psycho Packs" on the market within the next couple of days. :lol Amazon certainly ended up with the least desirable pre-order bonus it seems.

Danne-Danger said:
Because it... is? They're being awfully straightforward here. :p
I mean in terms of how well it plays.

divisionbyzorro said:
It seems there are going to be a glut of "Psycho Packs" on the market within the next couple of days. :lol Amazon certainly ended up with the least desirable pre-order bonus it seems.
really? I thought it was one of the best ones, since it actually gives you a unique gun instead of just weapons skins

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
divisionbyzorro said:
It seems there are going to be a glut of "Psycho Packs" on the market within the next couple of days. :lol Amazon certainly ended up with the least desirable pre-order bonus it seems.

I'm getting the DOOM one but the Psycho one is my favorite. Seems the most unique out of all of them.

Grayman

I wanted the DOOM pack but I did not let packs decide where I bought the game. I am not sure which one I got from D2D, psycho or the steam one I think.

divisionbyzorro said:

The Psycho pack is the only thing that adds anything, I thought it was the best. I mean the "DOOM" one is all right, I guess. Couldn't care less about the other games. If the game kicks ass I'll pick them all up off eBay, just like I did with Reach.

Genesis Knight said:
The Psycho pack is the only thing that adds anything, I thought it was the best. I mean the "DOOM" one is all right, I guess. Couldn't care less about the other games. If the game kicks ass I'll pick them all up off eBay, just like I did with Reach.
doesn't the Walmart one have a machine pistol too?

thezerofire said:
I mean in terms of how well it plays.

really? I thought it was one of the best ones, since it actually gives you a unique gun instead of just weapons skins
That's been their entire marketing campaign, would be odd if they wised up now!

And all the pre-order weapon stuff is just skins, SD confirmed it not too long ago.

zlatko

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
I guess there are going to be a glut of "Psycho Packs" on the market within the next couple of days. :lol Amazon certainly ended up with the least desirable pre-order bonus it seems.

What pretty much everyone above me just replied.

The Psycho is the best as it offers a gun, a silencer, as well as the cosmetic items, where as the others are purely cosmetic shit.

More like there will be a giant bunch of non used Doom Packs. :p

Top Bottom