• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hystzen

It up to my knees nearly but I do need some rum and whiskey. Argh will have some coffee to wake up then travel to tesco might use my dog to pull a sled

Suairyu

Banned
So that landlady that never turned up.

She never answered her phone, either.

Tried calling her just now, no answer, followed by a poorly written text stating that the current tenant has decided not to leave so the room is no longer available.

So was I going to be informed if I didn't keep calling? I doubt it. What an unprofessional douchebag. I hope she has massive problems somewhere down the line leading to her financial ruin, forcing her to sell of the houses at a reduced rate just to have enough cash to eat tinned mushy peas to survive.

Ah well, OK then. I knew OK Computer and Pablo Honey predated Kid A, but The Bends always gets mushed together with Hail to the Thief and Amnesiac in my head.

Never before has a man been as indifferent to Radiohead as I am :lol

Hystzen

So that landlady that never turned up.

She never answered her phone, either.

Tried calling her just now, no answer, followed by a poorly written text stating that the current tenant has decided not to leave so the room is no longer available.

So was I going to be informed if I didn't keep calling? I doubt it. What an unprofessional douchebag. I hope she has massive problems somewhere down the line leading to her financial ruin, forcing her to sell of the houses at a reduced rate just to have enough cash to eat tinned mushy peas to survive.

Whoa don't wish that on somebody, nobody should be forced to eat tinned mushy peas ever no matter how evil I would not even wish that on Dave Cameron.

Suairyu

Banned
Whoa don't wish that on somebody, nobody should be forced to eat tinned mushy peas ever no matter how evil I would not even wish that on Dave Cameron.
Fine, fine. Then I simply hope she falls over and breaks her leg in an especially painful manner.

I genuinely do.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
OKC was '97. Best. Album. Ever.

I think that OKC is obviously the 'best', most cohesive album and a good era as they moved into 'weird' without losing 'melodic'. However, I enjoy In Rainbows more as a record even if it's not as groundbreaking as some of their other work.

Listening to Belle and Sebastian in the office, feeling foppish.

I think that OKC is obviously the 'best', most cohesive album and a good era as they moved into 'weird' without losing 'melodic'. However, I enjoy In Rainbows more as a record even if it's not as groundbreaking as some of their other work.

'Best' is obviously subjective but most cohesive? Not feeling that at all.

ib2Agxpvcq8Vff.jpg

What type of hairdo is that?

Utopia is insane, although I'm guessing it'll wear thin if it has multiple seasons. Hope it's concise unlike Lost or Heroes.

So this is where Curtis from Misfits ended up! Also, I guess I should see Kill List.

Gorgeous cinematography, great use of the yellow and blue color palette. Most striking thing on TV right now, felt like a movie.

If you liked the music, it's by Cristobal Tapia De Veer. You can hear the Utopia tracks here.

Here's the stunt fall behind the scenes, quite scary.

ib2Agxpvcq8Vff.jpg

What type of hairdo is that?

Utopia is insane, although I'm guessing it'll wear thin if it has multiple seasons. Hope it's concise unlike Lost or Heroes.

So this is where Curtis from Misfits ended up! Also, I guess I should see Kill List.

Gorgeous cinematography, great use of the yellow and blue color palette. Most striking thing on TV right now, felt like a movie.

If you liked the music, it's by Cristobal Tapia De Veer. You can hear the Utopia tracks here.

Here's the stunt fall behind the scenes, quite scary.

Kill List was good apart from the shit it throws in out of nowhere.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Walk into job centre, ask if I can talk to a careers advisor, guy says "are you on jsa?" u say no, he asks if I'm working, I say no, he's Confused to why im not on it and says I can get all the help I need once I'm on job seekers, ffs

Mikeside

My real favourite Radiohead album is OK Rainbows - that cut and paste of OKC and In Rainbows tracks all delightfully ordered. Works so well!

We have like 8 people in today out of an office of around 100 in my department. I just sent them all home, it's literally pointless for us to be here today. The trains weren't even that bad, I just think people are using the snow as an excuse for a long weekend.

I've sent out emails being the mean boss today though saying that I expect everyone in tomorrow by 11am or there will be problems. Snow or no snow, work has to get done.

We have like 8 people in today out of an office of around 100 in my department. I just sent them all home, it's literally pointless for us to be here today. The trains weren't even that bad, I just think people are using the snow as an excuse for a long weekend.

I've sent out emails being the mean boss today though saying that I expect everyone in tomorrow by 11am or there will be problems. Snow or no snow, work has to get done.

Taking on a hardline ex-con persona following your brush with the law?

Mikeside

Ah well, OK then. I knew OK Computer and Pablo Honey predated Kid A, but The Bends always gets mushed together with Hail to the Thief and Amnesiac in my head.

Never before has a man been as indifferent to Radiohead as I am :lol

Amnesia was recorded in the same sessions as Kid A - it's nickname is Kid B.
You should give it another

Meh, that's what my GF says but I humbly disagree. I think it might be the age difference as she's a few years younger than me.

How old are you?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
'Best' is obviously subjective but most cohesive? Not feeling that at all.

You think? OKC is dystopian through and through. All the songs sound like they come from the same fevered mind with the themes of isolation and cold modernity and the sound palette used throughout. In contract, In Rainbows sounds like a collection of songs with little to tie them together. I just like the songs more on IR.

Darren870

Yea its empty here. No excuses either as I was in the city office at 5:30am with no issues.

Hystzen

Made it to Tesco during the blizzard manged to get my Kraken rum and crate wifebeater I call this a victory for all students and well alcoholics worldwide.

The office I'm in right now is very quiet, but I think over half are in. All of my team were in and one guy takes a 2hr coach to work every day. No excuses! Looking out my window in Barbican and the roads, even the side streets, are spotless. There's a bit of slush still on the pavements but it is fine really.

Suairyu

Banned
Green Ska FFVI is shit on PS1. I mean, I played it back in the day because I had not other means to play FFVI.

These days? Virtual Console.

Or buy the PS1 version on the cheap to have legally bought a copy, then just download a SNES rom and emulate it.

Don't have a permanent address, going to go and talk to housemate and see if I should just fully move in, it seems it will improve my job prospects
What exactly is your living arrangement right now? Street vagrancy?

Darren870

The office I'm in right now is very quiet, but I think over half are in. All of my team were in and one guy takes a 2hr coach to work every day. No excuses! Looking out my window in Barbican and the roads, even the side streets, are spotless. There's a bit of slush still on the pavements but it is fine really.

Yea it was a little slippery by St Pauls this morning, but I just went out and it seems good. People are just being lazy.

Guess I can't blame them....

Green Ska FFVI is shit on PS1. I mean, I played it back in the day because I had not other means to play FFVI.

These days? Virtual Console.

Or buy the PS1 version on the cheap to have legally bought a copy, then just download a SNES rom and emulate it.

You could have just posted that in the thread. :p

Load times was all I needed to know to back away from that purchase, anyway. I'm sorta tempted to play them in reverse order, starting at IX, if only because IX is the most appealing to me out of the 3 PSN games.

Mikeside

You think? OKC is dystopian through and through. All the songs sound like they come from the same fevered mind with the themes of isolation and cold modernity and the sound palette used throughout. In contract, In Rainbows sounds like a collection of songs with little to tie them together. I just like the songs more on IR.

I agree with everything you say about OK Computer - it's a concept album with a strong 1984 theme. I keep meaning to write down my thoughts about writing an OK Computer musical - it'd be in the vein of We Will Rock You & I have some awesome ideas for it.

So you'd've been 20 when it released? I can't imagine why your age would affect your thoughts on it, in that case.

The Bends is Radiohead's best album.

Do yourself a favour and get the special edition with the massive selection of b-sides on disc 2. Jedeye suggested I listen to them a few months ago and they were so good they blew my mind.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Everyone should do themselves a favour also by downloading the Jaydiohead album. Best mashup album ever.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
What exactly is your living arrangement right now? Street vagrancy?
Well I'm at my soon to be new address but the arrangement was that I won't be fully moving in until I have a job, however it's impossible to find work here whilst back up in Devon, I'm going to have a talk with the family friend and see if I should just go for it

I agree with everything you say about OK Computer - it's a concept album with a strong 1984 theme. I keep meaning to write down my thoughts about writing an OK Computer musical - it'd be in the vein of We Will Rock You & I have some awesome ideas for it.

So you'd've been 20 when it released? I can't imagine why your age would affect your thoughts on it, in that case.

Do yourself a favour and get the special edition with the massive selection of b-sides on disc 2. Jedeye suggested I listen to them a few months ago and they were so good they blew my mind.

About that. As for the age thing, I find it much harder to get into newer stuff the older I get as do a lot of people. I know that I was a lot more passionate about music as a teen than I was in my twenties and much more impressionable. The Bends was the soundtrack to one of my best summers ever and that obviously plays into it but I prefer the more rock/guitar based stuff to the later electronic influenced stuff.

For my gf, OK Computer is her favourite for similar reasons.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Good point actually! I think the OKC era b-sides are my favourite radiohead album - the poppiness of the Bends with the sonic breadth of OKC. Poifect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom