• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Avoid mainstream GAF as much as possible. It's worse than a fat bird in a steampunk corset.

Good. Immediately apply for housing assistance and council tax benefit once you move in, too. Will make your money stretch further.

What do you mean by Mainstream GAF?

Cheers for the advice :3

After powder snow fall yesterday (which is perfect for building stuff) today it's all lovely blue skies. Just need the ice to go now.

Still quite a lot of snow down here only in the grassy areas... little bit of sleet today but no signs it'll snow...

I want some blue skies damnit..

Rubbish King

does anyone know how to value custom made PCs? need to sell mine.

What's the spec and age of the parts...?

Every other part of GAF that isn't BritGAF or UK politics GAF.

Also, RIP Michael Winner.

fuck that, i mean i have stayed in community mostly recently because the topic changes withint the threads i post... (Drunk thread and here)

But I get that there are threads that most Brits should stay clear of...

gaming laptops scare me, the good ones are bloody expensive and you're much more likely to break one (Obviously)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The GameCube is so hipster. It had Acclaim not make games for it before they went out of business it was cool

And then Midway dropped it because Dr. Muto of all things sold badly.
Later the Dixon group dropped it.

The Vita and Wii U have nothing on this tragic system.

Chinner

Banned
What's the spec and age of the parts...?
almost 2 years
MSI GeForce GTX 580 Twin Frozr II/OC 1536MB GDDR5
Intel Core i5 2500K 3.30GHz (Sandy Bridge)
ASRock P67 Extreme4 Intel P67
Coolermaster Hyper 212
Fractal Design R3 Black pearl
OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w silent
Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel

also have a Samsung 23" led monitor to go with it too
it was top of the range at the time and can still pretty much handle most that is thrown at it

As long as you had a copy of Melee and a couple of controllers, you could brave it out. It's what I did.

Reknoc

I had no troubles, GC was my go to system for multiplat games until I got a Xbox and was finally free of the tiny memory cards.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
As long as you had a copy of Melee and a couple of controllers, you could brave it out. It's what I did.

It was my primary console for the whole generation. I only got a PS2 when the rumblings of the next generation were approaching (or maybe the 360 was already out by then.)

I had no troubles, GC was my go to system for multiplat games until I got a Xbox and was finally free of the tiny memory cards.
My one and only purchase from Lik Sang was one of those large capacity cards.

And if that's a first generation Intel Core 2 Duo iMac I wouldn't touch one with a bargepole now. I've got one and the graphics card is fucked and of course Apple won't do anything about it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I bought a Gamecube for £40 brand new when shops were trying to offload their stock. Good times.

Kind of wish I bought a white model at the time, but I didn't have money to spare just to buy another colour.

One thing GameCube did right that no console has repeated. Came out day one in purple.

It was my primary console for the whole generation. I only got a PS2 when the rumblings of the next generation were approaching (or maybe the 360 was already out by then.)

Yep, same here, but I only got mine in late 2003, so I spent time catching up with the awesome early years of the console, plus games like Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime 2 and Spider-Man 2 that I just played constantly. Oh, and the Zelda Collector's Edition disk. Ocarina of Time was revolutionary for me.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yep, same here, but I only got mine in late 2003, so I spent time catching up with the awesome early years of the console, plus games like Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime 2 and Spider-Man 2 that I just played constantly. Oh, and the Zelda Collector's Edition disk. Ocarina of Time was revolutionary for me.

Well before the GCN I had been stuck with the SNES throughout the PSX/N64 years so being my first 3D system was a revelation (don't worry, I played the N64 plenty at friends' houses).

Funnily enough I played OoT fully (played a bit before on the N64 back in the day) after beating the WindWaker and found it kind of boring. I think my expectations were too high and I was rushing through. Bought the 3DS release with a clear mind and thoroughly enjoyed it.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
almost 2 years

it was top of the range at the time and can still pretty much handle most that is thrown at it

I will give you an unopened packet of Haribo Goldbears and pay for shipping.

Guys this new Joy Formidable album is pretty good. Not sure if it's as good as the first one, but it seems more consistent. "Little Blimp" is a cracker.

edit: oh wow, it's on the Most Wanted soundtrack. LISTEN TO THIS SHIT

I only heard of them as I was checking newest albums for 2013, and am excited to hear the album. Don't often see a female lead guitarist and singer. Plus, they're Wesh, so that's extra points. Really like "Whirring" and "This Ladder Is Ours".

Want to listen to Dutch Uncles' album too. "Nometo" has got this really kooky feel to it because of the timing.

This damn snow has ruined my trip to Ikea 3 times now, and their delivery is a Facking rip off. £35 for a 150cm desk and 4 legs! What.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Its a blizzard outside yet the snow ain't landing at all.. Even the snow is to scared to walk the Scottish streets after 4.

Rubbish King

Awaiting confirmation - you might be my new favourite gaffer.

wink-point.gif

Just kidding
1066235_o.gif

PRAMFACE TOMORROW!

Did you give it a try yet Mike? Also is anything good on tv tonight?

Chinner

Banned
IamMikeside said:
Just kidding, Chinner, ya cunt.
Where are you looking at moving to?
abroad for abit, probably Thailand. just to travel and work while I'm relatively young. just to live life bro. I think it's what Kent would want me to do (rip)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom