• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

It's stupidly disappointing.

Stick to Honey BBQ Old West beef jerky.

Tried that once, not really a fan. I love the original stuff though, shame stores only seem to have it in once in a blue moon. Doesn't help 1 in a few bags are also disgusting.

Reknoc

So happy I chose to back this. Looks to be stunning.

Biltong is great if you want a proper beefy flavour. But given that he went for bacon jerky, I presumed he was itching for something milder and sweeter.

Actually I only picked it up because I've never seen it before so I thought I'd give it a go. It's Friday after all, what better day to try and survive a bunch of unhealthy snacks during work. Shame it also seemed to be the day a bunch of people decided it'd be a good idea to do their entire grocery shopping at 8:40am and use the self service checkouts :I

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
MKV to MP4 conversion process chewed up the image quality big time. Anyone recommend a decent MKV-whatever converter?

If you have a command line based player like MPlayer you can always output the video with still frames with:
Code:
-vo png -ss hh:mm:ss -endpos number_of_seconds_you_want_to_record -nosub

Suairyu

Banned
flash5y3zx9.gif

Much better. MKV2VOB works brilliantly. I think I've got the look of my gifs down for the thread.

If you have a command line based player like MPlayer you can always output the video with still frames with:
Code:
-vo png -ss hh:mm:ss -endpos number_of_seconds_you_want_to_record -nosub
Ah, something to bear in mind for the future. Thank you.

Now to decide how many of these things I should have. 6x4.5mb might be pushing it... though I could always use a mixture of static and animated images.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Happy St David's day everybody.

It's my financial year end and just finished counting everything. Only £3k off my forecast turnover for the year, which is pretty damn good since I knew bugger all about the bead business when we started.

Now faced with the tricky little problem of stocktaking four-and-a-half thousand different products in volumes ranging from 1 to 50,000. That should be fun. Might take a while, but I'll be popping in here for light relief along the way.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Is your method literally 1by1 or have you yet devised a clever weight solution?

Fuck knows!

There's no easy way by weight, stone versus aluminium counts that out.

Probably going to have to count the big stuff, take volume of the small stuff and guess the middle-sized stuff. Tricky as hell.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Good man donkey, i love those spontaneous nights, I always used to go to the pub alone for this exact reason, but I havent done it in a while on account of me having to go out and say farewells to buddies and save up for the move n stuff

Rubbish King

Happy St David's day everybody.

Now faced with the tricky little problem of stocktaking four-and-a-half thousand different products in volumes ranging from 1 to 50,000. That should be fun. Might take a while, but I'll be popping in here for light relief along the way.

As an idiot, i dont know what any of this means, but good luck!

noffles

Banned
I've got a mate up in Sheffield. Tell me which pub, I'll specifically go to that one in particular and scout out my own experience.

Rubbish King

If I had the money I'd be doing the same on Steam for the free copy of X-com and TF2 hats.

ahhh

man i just cant fucking WAIT! pcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmonday

this had been a long time comin'

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I can't believe Infinite is finally coming out, it got delayed so often i put it in the back of my head in Never Never. I hope it's good.

ahhh

man i just cant fucking WAIT! pcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmondaypcmonday

this had been a long time comin'

Welcome to the real world Tash.

Reknoc

When my PC was ready I decided I should put it to the test and really get the most out of it.

So I played Hotline Miami

unceunceunce

edit: Opened that bag of Bacon Jerky. It's not revolting, but it's not especially nice either. Stinks as well so I'm not sure if I want to leave this on my desk.

noffles

Banned
I need money before I can even consider a PC. Plus I'm waiting until next gen consoles are all out, paving the way for PC hardware to get BETTER and CHEAPER.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I would put together a PC but I don't have the room at the moment (for the desk not the PC). Stuck with a laptop at the moment.

Suairyu

Banned
I need money before I can even consider a PC. Plus I'm waiting until next gen consoles are all out, paving the way for PC hardware to get BETTER and CHEAPER.
The only massive paradigm shifts in terms of PC hardware will be 8-core CPUs. We already have GDDR5 in our graphics cards.

You may see a slight leap-frogging of PC power as a new arms race heats up, but likely a £400 PC built today will see you good for at least 5 years, so long as you're not a VERY HIGH SETTINGS AT 1080P SUPERSAMPLED AA ALL THE TIME kind of guy.

Hystzen

Epic Night + the other friend (who kinda looks like the girl on YouTube that has the big boobs and teaches Japanese)

holy shit at this story the stereotype of fried chicken man, referring to a girl as Snorlax and lesbian moms. I bet my night tonight will get nowhere close to this , feel like im missing out on life.

also please say you got the minx clone's number

At work now. Ugh. :S Happy St. David's Day, mah namesake day!

noffles said:
I've got a mate up in Sheffield. Tell me which pub, I'll specifically go to that one in particular and scout out my own experience.

It was at the Fox & Hounds. If nothing happens, there's at least 2.75 a pint!

Pretty much. This what was on my mind pretty much the whole night...

anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg

holy shit at this story the stereotype of fried chicken man, referring to a girl as Snorlax and lesbian moms. I bet my night tonight will get nowhere close to this , feel like im missing out on life.

also please say you got the minx clone's number

She left her phone at chicken dude's place. It was fun reminding them about the events when they woke up. They'll probably meet up with me later on tonight in town. Dunno if that's a good thing or bad thing...

Rubbish King

Oh sweet. So long as he's giving a good price, that's a good friend.
indeed he is, ive only a known him a few years,
but he's probably one of the best friends i've ever had
Yease dont read this if you see it >.<
ahh we had that conversation quite a while ago, ill have to tell you when it gets here ^_^

I dont wanna bother him asking

Be a man - do all 4
I can get the 4 individual days cheaper with my virgin media discount. aw yiss, motha fuckin geekfest

How long do i have to make my mind up?

I dont really know what ill be doing then in terms of work, i dont wanna risk paying for it and not knowing to go

Mikeside

Er.. Early bird tickets usually last a couple of months I think - probably less for the weekend days.

Just booked my 4 tickets - £30 all in.
Its sad how excited I am for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom