• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rented to mortgage and nicer property. I also want a workshop and a conservatory and we can't do that where we are now. I'm really pleased we've found this new place because I love the layout of our house and the location and this new property preserves both. Thing is, we'll probably have to look at 50 other places because that's just what you do. Between buying a house and arranging a wedding, we've* a pretty full plate at the moment.

Ah well, only a week and a half until we're on holiday.

Well, I say 'we', I mean Mrs Smoky. I'm not allowed to be in charge of anything.

As it should be.

Btw, do you need a rock covers band for your wedding? :D

I was going to suggest that if I didn't get rid. Great minds and all that. Selfish Pizza, my gf and my ex neighbour (who my gf is a bit jealous of) are going so should be fun.

Is that the crazy American?

Seanbob11

I really don't have the motivation to go into Uni to do lectures when all the coursework is out and I could be working on it instead. Am I doing it wrong?

SKINNER!

Banned
I really don't have the motivation to go into Uni to do lectures when all the coursework is out and I could be working on it instead. Am I doing it wrong?

If the lecturer says that the stuff he'll cover today isn't going to be in the exam then skip it unless you need a break from coursework or are geniunely interested in the topic. That's what I used to do especially if there was coursework that was due imminently.

As it should be.

Btw, do you need a rock covers band for your wedding? :D

Is that the crazy American?

Yep. Not seen her for a while so will be good to catch up. Judging by her Facebook last night I can only assume she's going to be hungover as fuck but being only 25 she still has amazing recuperative powers, so will probably be on form for later.

Seanbob11

If the lecturer says that the stuff he'll cover today isn't going to be in the exam then skip it unless you need a break from coursework or are geniunely interested in the topic. That's what I used to do especially if there was coursework that was due imminently.

But there aren't any exams this semester. So for these last 2 weeks we aren't learning anything that is needed for the courseworks.

NinjaBoiX

Me and the lads got accepted for the house, moving in on 1st April.

npPIo.gif

Aww yiss.

I've never been so excited to pack things into boxes!

Free this weekend if anyone is up for some Left4Dead2/Team Fortress on PC or Battlefield 3 on PS3.

EDIT: Scott Pilgrim 4-player co-op on XBL too.

Im free for games right now, pc Far Cry 3, L4D2 BF3 CS:S consolewise i havent really got anything

Sound, I've got the usual suspects on the PC: TF2, L4D, CSS/GO, BF3, FC3, Killing Floor etc. Various PS3 ones too. I can't play today though sadly, got to pack and print off reading for over easter, and then actually go home :/

SKINNER!

Banned
But there aren't any exams this semester. So for these last 2 weeks we aren't learning anything that is needed for the courseworks.

Oh right! I keep forgetting that you're in 1st year. yeah, concentrate on the coursework man. That's more important. Only attend the lecture if you're done. Have fun in 3rd year when exams come flooding in.

Sound, I've got the usual suspects on the PC: TF2, L4D, CSS/GO, BF3, FC3, Killing Floor etc. Various PS3 ones too. I can't play today though sadly, got to pack and print off reading for over easter, and then actually go home :/

Cool cool. I forgot to include Worms so if folk are willing to play that then I can pick it up on steam (or whip out my 2001 copy of Worms Armageddon on CD if online mode on that even works lol).

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Coming up to the capital tomorrow...going to be a proper tourist, where's some cool places...think I'm going to buckingham palace

God fucking damnit... I WANT PEOPLE TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES WITH ME

Rubbish King

Tash, if you shut the hell up I'll try and get some L4D2 games in with ya next week, kay?

I just get bored playing by myself all day.... waiting till 5 or 6pm just to play with people -_-

That should change as my headset should be here tomorrow so i wont have to rely on people going on skype to play with meh ^_^

Im getting frustrated by bf3 as being a lone wolf gets you a really shitty K/D rat... nobody listens to the in game commands :(

NinjaBoiX

Im getting frustrated by bf3 as being a lone wolf gets you a really shitty K/D rat... nobody listens to the in game commands :(
You don't need a headset for BF3 Tash, the spot button is your friend.

It's a stroke of genius if you ask me:

Enemy/enemy vehicle? Spot
Friendly vehicle? Ask for lift
Team mate? Ask for aid/resupply
Base? Squad attack/defend order

So simple, yet so useful.

BF >>>>>> CoD

I just get bored playing by myself all day.... waiting till 5 or 6pm just to play with people -_-

That should change as my headset should be here tomorrow so i wont have to rely on people going on skype to play with meh ^_^

Yeah teamwork is essential. Everytime I play I always see at least one amazing squad that manages to wreck havock across a match.

Rubbish King

You don't need a headset for BF3 Tash, the spot button is your friend.

It's a stroke of genius if you ask me:

Enemy/enemy vehicle? Spot
Friendly vehicle? Ask for lift
Team mate? Ask for aid/resupply
Base? Squad attack/defend order

So simple, yet so useful.

BF >>>>>> CoD

Oh i know lol, im just adjusting from ps3, it's fucking manic on PC, struggling to keep kills above deaths as many servers are just blood baths/spawn rapes im improving though :)

NinjaBoiX

Oh i know lol, im just adjusting from ps3, it's fucking manic on PC, struggling to keep kills above deaths as many servers are just blood baths/spawn rapes im improving though :)
I must admit, I played BF3 for about a month before going back to BFBC2. Graphics aside, it was a step back IMO. Less destruction, more CoD-like maps than don't really suit BF, less hit points (I always liked being able to take some punishment in BFBC, they seemed to try and make it more "shoot em and drop em" like CoD), I dunno, BFBC2 is just the superior game to me.

Rubbish King

I must admit, I played BF3 for about a month before going back to BFBC2. Graphics aside, it was a step back IMO. Less destruction, more CoD-like maps than don't really suit BF, less hit points (I always liked being able to take some punishment in BFBC, they seemed to try and make it more "shoot em and drop em" like CoD), I dunno, BFBC2 is just the superior game to me.

I loved bfbc2, but I'd say BF3 is probably better, although frustrating at times, i totally dominated bc2, this not so much now...

f0rk

On consoles or PC? Cos BC2 maps were stupid straight lines, it wasn't Battlefield

Hystzen

BF3 is same game as always the main difference is smaller maps buts that due current gen console's not design choice.

BF4 rumours sound epic as hell I have no issues with infantry CQC maps they nice to power level. Plus Commander mode has returned more streamlined that be great when get teams together working in perfect teamwork

Hystzen

Yeah teamwork is essential. Everytime I play I always see at least one amazing squad that manages to wreck havock across a match.

I remember on OP Metro my squad managed to hold the ticket area by ourselves by moving in a circle taking turns covering a area , reload and move to next area. The rest of team where getting hammered barely defending the flag near spawn.

Hystzen

Damn the new 30 seconds to mars song is catchy as fuck and epic

my man crush on Jared Leto continues will be defo watching them at Download before Rammstein

NinjaBoiX

On consoles or PC? Cos BC2 maps were stupid straight lines, it wasn't Battlefield
I play BFBC2 on Xbox. I love the maps, Panama Canal, Laguna Alta and Nelson Bay are my favourites.

Plus, my connection is whack, so the server support on BF makes up for it. In COD, with it being P2P, every killcam shows me about a second or two behind everyone else. It's pointless even trying at that point, it's like bumping into someone, and standing still for a second or so before you shoot.

'Play' hey?

No but really I would play... Halo 3 :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I went to a wedding recently and I don't think anyone took the DJ's number. Loads of people thought he was subpar. It was a wedding not a crap nightclub. Play songs that get everyone involved.

Damn the new 30 seconds to mars song is catchy as fuck and epic

my man crush on Jared Leto continues will be defo watching them at Download before Rammstein

In the words of Mike

Hnnnnggg

Ah, got it sorted ta!

We went to a wedding last year that had a banging DJ (mostly dance & hip-hop, he got the dancefloor heaving). We took his number and booked him as soon as we had a date.

Ok, just thought I'd ask. Wasn't expecting a serious answer tbh.

If anyone else requires a decent covers band btw for any function give me a shout!

I get that my mum feels protective of me because of my disability but the way she's acting you'd think I killed her dog.

I took the brave step of getting a credit card, it's not got a sky high limit, it's being used once, paid off and never used again, it also has 16 interest free months.

Why is my mum acting like I ran over her dog?!

NinjaBoiX

I get that my mum feels protective of me because of my disability but the way she's acting you'd think I killed her dog.

I took the brave step of getting a credit card, it's not got a sky high limit, it's being used once, paid off and never used again, it also has 16 interest free months.

Why is my mum acting like I ran over her dog?!
tumblr_lkhgskMjDL1qbsb9zo1_250.gif

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Why are you getting it just to use it once? If you want to build credit you should get small purchases on the regular and continuously pay them off. The people who use credit cards the right way know that it isn't the ability to buy beyond your means but a way to strengthen your credit for when you will need to buy property or qualify for a loan. It doesn't sound like you are planning to use yours irresponsibly but it would be a mistake to get one just to use it once and never again.

Why are you getting it just to use it once? If you want to build credit you should get small purchases on the regular and continuously pay them off. The people who use credit cards the right way know that it isn't the ability to buy beyond your means but a way to strengthen your credit for when you will need to buy property or qualify for a loan. It doesn't sound like you are planning to use yours irresponsibly but it would be a mistake to get one just to use it once and never again.

The plan is to get it to get a PC, pay it off within a few months and not use it again. Is that not good? I don't want to keep using it as I have a debit card. I know that they are not the same thing but with a debit card it's my cash.

SteveWD40

Best way to get good credit:

Get a phone contract, pay every month

Get a Credit Card (pref with reward system), run up a little balance but don't pay if off, just pay the minimum on time without fail, you will get some rewards for having the balance and the repayments won't sting. Yes you will pay some interest (unless they have a deal) but overall it's worth it.

Don't have pre-approved loans etc...

They don't like people who have a massive ability to get in debt (high income and no loans / cards) or people with a load of unsecured debt.

Not having any debt ever is almost as bad as never paying anything off.

SteveWD40

It can be, they have nothing to go on so assume the worst. Attitude to debt is a big thing and they don't know yours if you never had any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom