• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My credit card is on a shared account so I don't pay them off directly. Guess it is having no effect on my history then.

f0rk

I should get a credit card - my credit score is probably shitttttt.

If you have some savings and stayed with the same bank for a while it shouldn't be too bad when it comes to asking for credit with that bank, the bureau score isn't the only thing that matters.

noffles

Banned
someone just ruined the ending of bioshock infinite in the ot and nobody knows if it was true or fake

the original bioshock was spoiled for me too

not sure what to think

SmokyDave

I went to a wedding recently and I don't think anyone took the DJ's number. Loads of people thought he was subpar. It was a wedding not a crap nightclub. Play songs that get everyone involved.

Fuck that. Chuck enough wobbly-water down people and they'll suddenly develop an appreciation for the Ultramagnetic MCs.

I want a wedding where people say 'Is that DMX? I swear I hear DMX coming from in there?!' as they walk up to the venue.

someone just ruined the ending of bioshock infinite in the ot and nobody knows if it was true or fake

the original bioshock was spoiled for me too

not sure what to think

This is why I avoid OT's.

I'm getting hyped for Infinite a little, hopefully I can order my new PC again next week.

I'm away all Easter weekend at a wedding but I have the week after off :D

NinjaBoiX

Fuck that. Chuck enough wobbly-water down people and they'll suddenly develop an appreciation for the Ultramagnetic MCs.

I want a wedding where people say 'Is that DMX? I swear I hear DMX coming from in there?!' as they walk up to the venue.
Woah woah, what's wrong with the Ultramagnetic MC's?

Sacrilege...

noffles

Banned
The only solace I have is that the terms the guy used meant nothing to me as I've avoided most pre-release material. Either way, I am going to be fucking pissed if Infinite legitimately just got ruined for me after such a huge blackout.

SmokyDave

Woah woah, what's wrong with the Ultramagnetic MC's?

Sacrilege...

I agree, but my elderly relatives will need a little convincing.

To be honest, they probably won't. They're still willing to throw it down with the best of 'em. That's why I'm not going to pull any punches with the playlist.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
The only solace I have is that the terms the guy used meant nothing to me as I've avoided most pre-release material. Either way, I am going to be fucking pissed if Infinite legitimately just got ruined for me after such a huge blackout.

There was a week where new accounts were activated and loads of juniors were posting TDKR spoilers in random threads, dark times breh

dark times

noffles

Banned
There was a week where new accounts were activated and loads of juniors were posting TDKR spoilers in random threads, dark times breh

dark times

Doesn't compare to something I've been hyping up for nearly 3 years being ruined just because I clicked on a thread.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Bah! Car failed MOT today - something complicated to do with the underneath of it. Love that car, had it for 13 years from new, but it looks like its time is up.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Nah. This DJ was pretty bad. I'm the king of boogie and I was getting nothing from this guy.

noffles

Banned
Why are people such dicks like that anyway? Everyone in the Infinite thread is now going insane because some arse had to go and confirm the spoilers as supposedly legit, warning everyone to stay out and acting like he was doing people a favour by confirming the spoilers as real.

I just want it to be Tuesday now. I knew nothing about the story, but now I know details about the ending but without any kind of context. Fucking mint.

i cry irl

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Why are people such dicks like that anyway? Everyone in the Infinite thread is now going insane because some arse had to go and confirm the spoilers as supposedly legit, warning everyone to stay out and acting like he was doing people a favour by confirming the spoilers as real.

I just want it to be Tuesday now. I knew nothing about the story, but now I know details about the ending but without any kind of context. Fucking mint.

i cry irl

The fact you went back to read the same thread is hilarious, eejut

noffles

Banned
AaLZ7pk.jpg

Heh.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Come on, Noffles. It was never going to be good anyway. The original was cliched as fuck with a dumb twist. I don't expect any different from the sequel. It's the world building, gameplay and atmosphere you should be playing Bioshock for.

lol at that MP busting himself out though.

Hystzen

Oh man I forgot about bioshocks blink and you miss it ending how short was that holy crap.

still obvious twist, kind of odd Bioshock is quotable but not remember-able to me

noffles

Banned
Come on, Noffles. It was never going to be good anyway. The original was cliched as fuck with a dumb twist. I don't expect any different from the sequel. It's the world building, gameplay and atmosphere you should be playing Bioshock for.

lol at that MP busting himself out though.

Man, I don't even care what people thought of Bioshock's story. I wanted to go in fresh and now I've been violently raped of that right.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Getting spoiled on a video game story ain't getting violently raped of anything. It does suck to get spoiled when you are super hyped for a game. I just don't think the strength of genuine storytelling should rely on twists or the kind of unforeseen plot developments that are often spoiled. Fine for one-off or gimmicks I just think a genuinely good story should not fall apart because you are told 'Dumbledore dies'. That's lazy writing.

noffles

Banned
Getting spoiled on a video game story ain't getting violently raped of anything. It does suck to get spoiled when you are super hyped for a game. I just don't think the strength of genuine storytelling should rely on twists or the kind of unforeseen plot developments that are often spoiled. Fine for one-off or gimmicks I just think a genuinely good story should not fall apart because you are told 'Dumbledore dies'. That's lazy writing.

It's not really that the story is completely ruined for me now, it's more that I've managed to get the biggest spoiler possible whilst on a media blackout just because I went into an OT. I wanted Infinite to be one of the freshest experiences ever, but now that's just something I can't have because I'm constantly going to be anticipating the context that will make what I know a genuine spoiler.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I would avoid the OT for a game if I wanted to get the freshest experience possible because that is the first place a douche will try to spoil. Mods are quick to edit/delete posts but they aren't omniscient. Live and learn. The real depressing thought I had here is I can't think of any games that I would truly care about being spoiled on anymore. Sad.

Hystzen

If I want go in fresh then I don't read any article even the OT's but I never really mind about spoilers. Last time I cared was Deus Ex:HR but even then I heard about the press a button ending but never ruined it for me I still put the game in my top 5 this gen easily

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
It's not really that the story is completely ruined for me now, it's more that I've managed to get the biggest spoiler possible whilst on a media blackout just because I went into an OT. I wanted Infinite to be one of the freshest experiences ever, but now that's just something I can't have because I'm constantly going to be anticipating the context that will make what I know a genuine spoiler.

Reading threads doesn't constitute a media blackout. Blackouts need to be blacker these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom