• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Skele7on

Banned
Moving house and slightly hungover.

Know that feel.

Yep. We got charged: £550 Rent, £650 deposit and £75 admin fee for both of us, £75 application fee.

I hope we finally get our job titles changed in BT so we get a pay rise and I never have to rent again. :/

You don't work tech support. People are at least remotely happy to be shopping!

LOL My house was crazy

Rent: £1100 a month Deposit 1650 and that £75 admin fee x 2 :|

Ha yeah IT in anyway is a depressing fuck fest of a job at christmas, people are dicks.

A

I just started back on shifts, but I've got half-day tomorrow to go to the Xmas party, and booked Sunday off to recover/go to a gig. Working nights all next week though, but it's cool as i quite like working Crimbo, as long as I get New Year's off.

Shiftwork can be a bitch. My inner child benefits this year as I'm doing presents with the missus on Christmas Eve since she's working on the day itself. I should be sadder about being on my One, but I'm getting quite a few games from her so I get to spend Christmas day slobbing about playing games with the house to myself! Result!

Qasiel

Shiftwork can be a bitch. My inner child benefits this year as I'm doing presents with the missus on Christmas Eve since she's working on the day itself. I should be sadder about being on my One, but I'm getting quite a few games from her so I get to spend Christmas day slobbing about playing games with the house to myself! Result!

^^ I know exactly how you feel! My missus is picking me up Crimbo morning, we'll exchange presents, then she'll drive to her parents in Ramsgate whilst I sleep through the day. I then get to wake up, Skype with her and her family, go to a family party and then get dropped into another night shift, ready to play with all the new stuff I get that day. Nothing beats actually having the time to enjoy your gifts without the regular hustle and bustle that comes with Xmas.

NinjaBoiX

I just lounge like fuck at Christmas.

The GF is coming over to my parents Christmas morning to swap gifts and drunk mulled wine, all that good shit. Then I'm going over hers after lunch to do the same with her family.

Then boxing day we're round her aunty's for lunch, then back over my parents in the evening for a meal then the pub with my bro.

Then we're all round my uncle's on 27th for a proper family get together and yet more festive merriment. It's going to be a good Christmas, looking forward to it more than I have in years!

Vashetti

Banned
I'm working 6am till 14:45 on Christmas Eve, and I'm going to leave a nice note in my manager's office today asking if I can leave at 13:15 instead as a one-off, as I have plans with my parents. As well as offering to make up the extra time in another shift.

Bear in mind my manager is lovely and not strict at all, is there any likelihood he'd allow this, or does that kind of thing just not happen?

NinjaBoiX

I'm working 6am till 14:45 on Christmas Eve, and I'm going to leave a nice note in my manager's office today asking if I can leave at 13:15 instead as a one-off, as I have plans with my parents. As well as offering to make up the extra time in another shift.

Bear in mind my manager is lovely and not strict at all, is there any likelihood he'd allow this, or does that kind of thing just not happen?
It depends on the needs of the business innit, what cover they have and stuff.

My gaffer is giving me Christmas Eve fully paid absolutely gratis because he's mint.

Vashetti

Banned
It depends on the needs of the business innit, what cover they have and stuff.

My gaffer is giving me Christmas Eve fully paid absolutely gratis because he's mint.

I think the majority of staff will be in at some point on Christmas Eve, but we're only open 7am till 8pm. So my 6am-14:45 shift covers a huge chunk of the day.

Thanks for the reply Ninj.

Fingers crossed, eh?

Reknoc

Yeah, OK boss! ;)

I don't know, I never watched it. I just remember when she was a thing, I was always like "that geezer bird off the telly?" Never got it, she's not very ladylike.

That's what makes her so good, she could dominate me like an amazonian princess.

NinjaBoiX

That's what makes her so good, she could dominate me like an amazonian princess.
I prefer to be the dominant one, like a daddy would be to a little girl for example.

LOL

But for reals, very little could put me off a lady more than a broad, butch, masculine build.

Svelte, delicate and feminine all the way mane.

Got to finish early today, now time for the Christmas do. It's my first one, so on a scale of Christmas cheer to Rudolph, how drunk shoud I get?

Christmas miracle man. Believe!

Volotaire

you want to feel Christmasssy? hey, Hey , Hey?

Well HERE YOU GO BRITGAF> ITSSSSSSS CHRISTMASSSSSSSSSS.]]
images

street-outdoor-christmas-decorations_074228.jpg

Santa-Claus-01.jpg

elf-movie-christmas-jon-favreau-will-ferrell.jpeg

pturkey12_1204051c.jpg

Honestly, perhaps it's because I don't celebrate Christmas, but in the past few years I don't even notice it. It's just sales for me.

Skele7on

Banned
Today has been crazy.

I got a bunch of stuff sent to me from Bungie for doing that @thecryptarch twitter

But I won one of those PS1 themed PS4's....

Mannnn what a way to start 4 days off!

This Christmas do is a crock of shit. Massively disappointed.

Today has been crazy.

I got a bunch of stuff sent to me from Bungie for doing that @thecryptarch twitter

But I won one of those PS1 themed PS4's....

Mannnn what a way to start 4 days off!

You're a right cunt for that!

Lirlond

Last Christmas, I pumped yer maw.
But the very next day, I shagged yer da.

THIIIIIS year, to save me from tears, I'm gonnae do yer sister.

Mikeside

I'm totes with Mikeside.

This Christmas is gonna roast my chestnuts.

I've got my Christmas playlist (including plenty of Eels), my new PC all working again (Dragon Age is excellent), my stunning girlfriend to spend it with and our awesome home to spend it in, I've bought and wrapped almost everything (and I think most of the presents I'm giving this year are excellent), I've got 2 Christmas dinners coming up (one with her family - turkey), then 2 days later one with mine (goose and beef), plenty of rum, Crabbies and cider to keep the season festive & I've got from Christmas Eve to January 5th off to enjoy it all.

All I need now is to see Tash (around 18 hours until this happens) and it'll be perfect.

banofypie

Banned
Welp, I'm a grown up now

Happy birthday, fella.

What the hell is it with birthdays in December anyway? Do humans also adhere to the idea that Spring is mating season? I know 12 people with birthdays in the past week and I've only said happy birthday to 6 of them because the rest are just Facebook friends I don't talk to.

Top Bottom