• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Nioh is good. It is basically just Dark Souls with samurai with Geralt from The Witcher but it does that really well and what it does differently works. Actually, thinking on it, I just realised the bloodstain mechanic in this is probably what counters my problem with weapon durability, huh. The similarity might be too its detriment in some cases though... (by which I mean I'm an idiot and had a hard time adjusting to its different control scheme).

It's way too hard for me though, couldn't even get to the first boss.

Glad you liked it. I'm on the fence a bit - I really enjoyed what I played but I need to see more of the world for it to really grab me. I'm not into Japanese history as a setting when compared to Souls land.

Not tried it. Too busy with DS3. Looks like my bag though.

Currently swooning over new Radiohead songs.

Me too!!! I must've listened to Burn the Witch about 50 times already.

NinjaBoiX

qUIGT40.gif

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I thought i'd posted in here, but here we go ....

Where do you come from? (Where do you go, where do you come from Cotton Eye Joe etc)
Whitehaven, Cumbria. Up North, basically.
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? I'm Director of a Client Service department of a financial firm in Tokyo.
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end?
I've always wanted to create something - i have a few ideas rattling around in my head regarding a comedy, but i need to be actually funny and be able to write... so this may take a few lifetimes
Favourite daytime TV show? Anything involving footy
Fish or chips? chips
Daddy or chips? chips!
What's your tipple of choice? Whiskey ... or MD 20/20 i guess.
Favourite party snack? Pickled Onion Monster Munch
Who is the best bald person? Ming the Merciless
What's your disappointing claim to fame? I'm probably the only one of the people who went to Uni together who didn't join a big gaming company.
What's your perfect Sunday? Football on tv, huge curry, with family around
Did you threaten to overrule him? I was not entitled to instruct Derek Lewis and I did not instruct him
Did you threaten to overrule him? I took advice on what I could or could not do
It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him?
HOWARD casts FLY, it's super effective.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
So I walked out of my exam yesterday thinking I might've just gotten 100% which even if I don't is one of the craziest feelings.

Dimensional Analysis is still a tricky one for me so if I've gotten my units wrong I'll have sacrificed some marks, over all though my aim was to get 48% and if I don't get that I'll be on the phone with clown college within the hour.

Taking the morning to catch up on the walking dead because I've got some time before the rest of my nerd cohort rise and I don't know if this shit is good or bad but some of the action is rad. Either way it is bloody mental.. (currently on S6E15)

mate, it sounds like you're starting to really get your shit together.
all I will say is that you need to keep doing the research and talking to professionals - learn everything you can so that you know as much of what's going on in your head as possible - you'll start to develop some instincts for how to maximize feeling normal in no time.

Good on ya, Tashington.
Thanks mate, much appreciated.
But I'm against medication in general anyway (within reason) and avoid it at all costs.
What's your stance on Vaccinations?
Übermatik;202828443 said:
Take Away pizza - Dominoes? Papa John's? Pizza Hut...? Other? Guide me, BritGAF.
What's this cheeky GAF celeb doing on our turf
Übermatik;202829539 said:
Pizza Hut seemed cheapest, so I took the plunge. £10 for a pizza and a side/2 dips ain't bad. Papa John's seems to be quite a bit more expensive, and not that great... but then there IS one 20 seconds away from me...

Oh well. I'll report back with my review on Pizza Hut's takeaway pizza.

*EDIT* Also hi. I never post here.

Tenner for a pizza is pretty decent for takeaway these days, but as a filthy student and a lover of superior pizza I can confirm that twenty quid will get you two pizzas, sides and bottle of fanta from dominos and they are the king.
I did want to try the Champions bundle that Pizza hut do but they close at like 10pm and I'm only ever dumb enough to waste what little funds I have left when it's 3am and I'm off my twat.

I thought i'd posted in here, but here we go ....

Where do you come from? (Where do you go, where do you come from Cotton Eye Joe etc)
Whitehaven, Cumbria. Up North, basically.
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? I'm Director of a Client Service department of a financial firm in Tokyo.
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end?
I've always wanted to create something - i have a few ideas rattling around in my head regarding a comedy, but i need to be actually funny and be able to write... so this may take a few lifetimes
Favourite daytime TV show? Anything involving footy
Fish or chips? chips
Daddy or chips? chips!
What's your tipple of choice? Whiskey ... or MD 20/20 i guess.
Favourite party snack? Pickled Onion Monster Munch
Who is the best bald person? Ming the Merciless
What's your disappointing claim to fame? I'm probably the only one of the people who went to Uni together who didn't join a big gaming company.
What's your perfect Sunday? Football on tv, huge curry, with family around
Did you threaten to overrule him? I was not entitled to instruct Derek Lewis and I did not instruct him
Did you threaten to overrule him? I took advice on what I could or could not do
It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him?
HOWARD casts FLY, it's super effective.

Welcome!

MD 20/20, showing your age there mate...

NinjaBoiX

Tash, I'm all for vaccinations, I'm not insane. I don't think medicine is voodoo or some backwards crazy person shit, it's science and technology combining to preserve life, it's amazing. I just think it's too often relied upon as a "magic bullet" alternative to more healthy, natural courses of action.

I'm more against self-medication in general, those who reach for the medicine cabinet at the slightest sign of discomfort. I know a few people hooked on painkillers, "I don't quite feel 100% so I'll pop a load of pills" is a really unhealthy mindset to me.

Symphonia

Banned
Tash, I'm all for vaccinations, I'm not insane. I don't think medicine is voodoo or some backwards crazy person shit, it's science and technology combining to preserve life, it's amazing. I just think it's too often relied upon as a "magic bullet" alternative to more healthy, natural courses of action.
There are instances where medication is the only course of action, however, despite how much someone would rather a natural course of action.

NinjaBoiX

How have I only just noticed that Massive Attack realised a new EP 3 months ago? My eye is off the ball these days mane:

Massive Attack feat. Tricky - Take It There

Yup, that's some brooding and menacing shit right there. Working with Tricky again too, glorious.
There are instances where medication is the only course of action, however, despite how much someone would rather a natural course of action.
That's pretty much exactly what I just said dude.

Rubbish King

Right ladies and gentlemen, we've had angsty, we've had p90x, we've had barman and sexual deviant, I now present to you Sky Sports Pundit Tash reporting live from the studio.

Post match analysis today will be bleak as I missed all the games to revise for Solid Mechanics and Dynamics and I'm sad to say I didn't get to see Chelsea's fantastic Mid-table assault on Sunderland after their Champions league final victory against Spurs on Monday.
Still weighing up the odds for whether I can risk taking time out of my day tomorrow to see if Spurs can secure their highest league position since 62/63 or whether I should focus on securing Year 2* of my degree.

We'll find out after the break.

*technically 3

The north is a strange place so I make no assumptions.
I'm more against self-medication in general, those who reach for the medicine cabinet at the slightest sign of discomfort. I know a few people hooked on painkillers, "I don't quite feel 100% so I'll pop a load of pills" is a really unhealthy mindset to me.
I just think you're generalising using the minority as a stereotype and even then, when I went onto SSRIs it wasn't because I was a suicidal wreck teetering on the edge with nothing to clutch onto, I'd consider my depression to be fairly minor in hindsight. People I met at CBT were in a whole different Universe to mine and I remember coming out of those things feeling significantly worse after being around what I considered to be a far more serious cases.
If I hadn't tried those SSRIs... which in the end I had asked for I would have probably wandered out of that shit place eventually and done okay, but those things properly turned my life around even if it turned out the diagnosis wasn't quite right. I don't think the idea of being on them permanently is a great thing, but that's because of how they reacted with me. That's also a crucial point to remember, that any mind-altering drug can affect two people in remarkably different ways.

What's this cheeky GAF celeb doing on our turf

Tenner for a pizza is pretty decent for takeaway these days, but as a filthy student and a lover of superior pizza I can confirm that twenty quid will get you two pizzas, sides and bottle of fanta from dominos and they are the king.
I did want to try the Champions bundle that Pizza hut do but they close at like 10pm and I'm only ever dumb enough to waste what little funds I have left when it's 3am and I'm off my twat.

AYUP!
Tash I wish I'd taken your advice in hindsight mate, because THIS is what I got for my tenner:

OJBFXbM.jpg

What. The fuck. This is my side, surely? Where's the pizza!?
On top of that I didn't get the 2 dips I was supposed to get! And she wouldn't let me add a San Miguel to my order to take away either (which I sorta understand, but y'know, they WERE closing...)

disappointed to say the least. Domino's will be my future pick.

Rubbish King

So I won a 100 pound all4one giftcard and I was thinking about using some of it to buy a new game as all I find myself playing is goat simulator.

I've got both the consoles and I want something with a story but also something that has decent replay value or with a mode I can jump in and out of when I have a bit of spare time. I was thinking DOOM looked pretty good for that but I wanted your guys opinion as I'm a bit out of the loop.

Übermatik;202898617 said:
AYUP!
Tash I wish I'd taken your advice in hindsight mate, because THIS is what I got for my tenner:

OJBFXbM.jpg

What. The fuck. This is my side, surely? Where's the pizza!?
On top of that I didn't get the 2 dips I was supposed to get! And she wouldn't let me add a San Miguel to my order to take away either (which I sorta understand, but y'know, they WERE closing...)

disappointed to say the least. Domino's will be my future pick.

How old are you? I think you're a couple years younger than me if my memory tells me things

Symphonia

Banned
Overwatch is out the end of this month, and if the beta is anything to go by, then it's most certainly a jump-in, jump-out kinda game. I'm not sure if there's a narrative as such, but the gameplay is just fun and frolics. It's definitely one to play with friends, though it can be played solo.

8bit

Knows the Score
So I won a 100 pound all4one giftcard and I was thinking about using some of it to buy a new game as all I find myself playing is goat simulator.

I've got both the consoles and I want something with a story but also something that has decent replay value or with a mode I can jump in and out of when I have a bit of spare time. I was thinking DOOM looked pretty good for that but I wanted your guys opinion as I'm a bit out of the loop.

I thought the Doom beta was horrible, it's just not what I expected from Doom.

Been playing The Division mostly solo recently, quite enjoying that. However, Uncharted 4 is out this week so that'll be my pick.

Rubbish King

Übermatik;202937461 said:
Haha my friend said this... maybe I just have 12" hands!?

I'm older, if your Twitter tells me things...! Why do you ask?
I remember weird things, swear you posted a picture of yourself and I thought you looked young. Then again, could have been anuva posta.
how can you have gotten past 22 w/out getting a pizza delivered mush
I thought the Doom beta was horrible, it's just not what I expected from Doom.

Been playing The Division mostly solo recently, quite enjoying that. However, Uncharted 4 is out this week so that'll be my pick.
Aww mannnnnn don't tell me that.
Can't do the division, just know I'd either hate it or never be able to leave it like I did with Destiny

It's currently a toss up between doom and uncharted 4 but uncharted 4 I can't just hop in and out of!

the last game I bought was Fallout 4 and the one before that was Destiny TTk. So is there anything else that could fit the bill?

Mikeside

I remember weird things, swear you posted a picture of yourself and I thought you looked young. Then again, could have been anuva posta.

Aww mannnnnn don't tell me that.
Can't do the division, just know I'd either hate it or never be able to leave it like I did with Destiny

It's currently a toss up between doom and uncharted 4 but uncharted 4 I can't just hop in and out of!

the last game I bought was Fallout 4 and the one before that was Destiny TTk. So is there anything else that could fit the bill?

Why not get Alienation on PS4 as something you can jump in and out of, then maybe buy a slightly older single-player game for the meaty story you want.

Same sort of price & you get two things to play instead of trying to get both things out of one game

Rubbish King

Why not get Alienation on PS4 as something you can jump in and out of, then maybe buy a slightly older single-player game for the meaty story you want.

Same sort of price & you get two things to play instead of trying to get both things out of one game

Hmm.... But what other games are there....

Rubbish King

Off the top of my head; Ratchet & Clank, Quantum Break, Dark Souls 3, Tales from the Borderlands, HITMAN

Any of them?

Dark Souls? no ty, I don't have the commitment to git gud

bolded the ones that interest me... I won't pay for hitman until it's a full game lol

I'll have to make a decision after my exam tomorrow, depending how that goes.

I might've done, but I usually avoid doing that online... Too many admirers. I'm sure you understand.
And I have! But it's always been from your dodgy local pizza shop. THEY'RE the cheapest. And best, when drunk... I've never really dealt with the delivery titans, though.

Also good luck with your exams dude!

8bit

Knows the Score
Dark Souls? no ty, I don't have the commitment to git gud

bolded the ones that interest me... I won't pay for hitman until it's a full game lol

I'll have to make a decision after my exam tomorrow, depending how that goes.

Quantum Break isn't that great, IMO. Ratchet & Clank is bright, colourful and fun.

As to Doom, I guess if you go into it without expectation it might be fun but the beta just didn't work for me.

Rubbish King

Well that was the worst nights sleep I've had in a while. Exam isn't until 2 so I've tried to lie in but hayfever is raping me.

During my strange fight with sleep I had a dream I got banned from GAF and I didn't know if it was a perma and in my dream I really cared. I think I'm slowly becoming a regular once again..

Do you guys reckon the next ban I get will be my last? I must be close to ten bans by now
Quantum Break isn't that great, IMO. Ratchet & Clank is bright, colourful and fun.

As to Doom, I guess if you go into it without expectation it might be fun but the beta just didn't work for me.
Were you a big fan of quake/ unreal?

Übermatik;202966187 said:
I might've done, but I usually avoid doing that online... Too many admirers. I'm sure you understand.
And I have! But it's always been from your dodgy local pizza shop. THEY'RE the cheapest. And best, when drunk... I've never really dealt with the delivery titans, though.

Also good luck with your exams dude!
Are you like the Northern blame space

Also ty fella

Skele7on

Banned
Rubbish King Timeline:

Starts liking football
Spurs start doing well
AWFUL purple shirt purchase
getting rather naughty over Gary Linkeker
ADHD Diagnosed.

Stay away from sports kids ;) LOVE YOUUUU

sohois

Hey Britgaf,

Need a favour from yall, I have to get a bunch of survey responses for my university and was hoping people here would be willing to help me out. As long as you're English and 18-30 then its good.

Here's the link:
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/V5XM3SX

It should only take 5-10 minutes. Thanks to anyone who can fill it out.

sohois

That was actually a mistake and it extends across the British Isles. Also further if you feel like pretending to be British

Rubbish King

Sickest night. May have a broken nose but oh well
Rubbish King Timeline:

Starts liking football
Spurs start doing well
AWFUL purple shirt purchase
getting rather naughty over Gary Linkeker
ADHD Diagnosed.

Stay away from sports kids ;) LOVE YOUUUU
Piss off

Top Bottom