• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

kubus

If you like Japanese food, Nobu is good, but it's expensive.

http://www.noburestaurants.com/london/experience/introduction/

Expect to spent at least £40 each
Damn that looks good. We both love Japanese food so I'm really tempted, haha.
I'll keep it mind in case we've got money left on our final day :p (which is never going to happen xD)

Also just found out that the release date for the Ratchet & Clank movie in the UK is the 28th this month which is a massive disappointment >_< (it premieres the 20th here in the Netherlands). We were planning to watch it in London because they're only showing the Dutch dubbed version here (wtf) but didn't anticipate a different release date for the UK. Oh well, guess we'll just wait for the blu-ray :(

edit: Oh, hi new page... And I'm not even a Brit. Awkward :D

Volotaire

Damn that looks good. We both love Japanese food so I'm really tempted, haha.
I'll keep it mind in case we've got money left on our final day :p (which is never going to happen xD)

Also just found out that the release date for the Ratchet & Clank movie in the UK is the 28th this month which is a massive disappointment >_< (it premieres the 20th here in the Netherlands). We were planning to watch it in London because they're only showing the Dutch dubbed version here (wtf) but didn't anticipate a different release date for the UK. Oh well, guess we'll just wait for the blu-ray :(

edit: Oh, hi new page... And I'm not even a Brit. Awkward :D

I can give you a list of a few more resturaunts and places tonight that are placed in Central when I have a bit more time to spare.

NinjaBoiX

8d6ciJ9.gif

byrzbOr.png

Edit: I can't stop watching, the gentle way he lays the lead down, the slightly nervous glance back to see he stayed put, the entire idea that he did this to splash through a puddle, it's too fucking cute!

8bit

Knows the Score
Games!

Quantum Break is an overwhelming if fun mess with wonky controls and the TV show is kind of goofy sci-fi fun, but the end boss is bottled unfun.

The Doom beta is rubbish, kind of looks like Quake 2 but doesn't play like it.

Am very much enjoying Ratchet & Clank though.

8bit

Knows the Score
I'm looking forward to the movie, I saw the trailer and it looked fun. I heard the game spoils a bunch of the movie though which is why I've tried to avoid reading about it.

I imagine it will be like Lego Batman where the DVD movie is pretty the game's cutscenes.

24hr

Where do you come from? (Where do you go, where do you come from Cotton Eye Joe etc) West Yorkshire
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? Carphone Warehouse
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end? Achieve all my goals
Favourite daytime TV show? Tricky, Judge Ridge is my guilty pleasure
Fish or chips? Fish
Daddy or chips? Chips
What's your tipple of choice?
Favourite party snack? Party rings!
Who is the best bald person? My dad of course
What's your disappointing claim to fame? Got shot with a lead pellet and it is now lodged in chin.
What's your perfect Sunday? Not going to work
Did you threaten to overrule him? ...
Did you threaten to overrule him?...
It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him? Maybe.

Volotaire

Where do you come from? (Where do you go, where do you come from Cotton Eye Joe etc) West Yorkshire
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? Carphone Warehouse
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end? Achieve all my goals
Fish or chips? Fish
Daddy or chips? Chips
What's your disappointing claim to fame? Got shot with a lead pellet and it is now lodged in chin.

Welcome

Daffy Duck

Fish or chips? Fish
Daddy or chips? Chips

Hi, how is CPW these days? I used to work there 8+ years ago and it was going down hill quick.

24hr

Hi, how is CPW these days? I used to work there 8+ years ago and it was going down hill quick.

Terrible. It's all revolved around PinPoint now which makes everything 1000x longer instead of just using PIE.

I work on the Geek Squad side of things so it's not that bad.

I'm not sure if I'm even really over Bowie's death. Didn't need this.

I'm not entirely sure my partner is either. She's still listening to a *lot* more and some songs can set her off. I think for a good few weeks she had to listen to Heroes in German to not get emotional to it and just found it fun. Think we're going to try and get tickets to the Bowie night at the Proms so that'd be amazing.

SKINNER!

Banned
How does one even get scammed on eBay? There's paypal protection, there's the feedback system. Also, surely it's common sense to be extra vigilant with purchases over £100 let alone £300.

Skele7on

Banned
Stratford represent.

Also, I got scammed on eBay like a chump. Down £300 or so.

selling or buying? If buying you'll be fine, if selling RIP and that's why I use gumtree.

Also look at my junior status. "my threads are terrible" was reason.

I blame gaf meets.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
selling or buying? If buying you'll be fine, if selling RIP and that's why I use gumtree.

Also look at my junior status. "my threads are terrible" was reason.

I blame gaf meets.

Should have copied good threads rather than other people's drinks.

Symphonia

Banned
How does one even get scammed on eBay? There's paypal protection, there's the feedback system. Also, surely it's common sense to be extra vigilant with purchases over £100 let alone £300.
This was a few years back, regarding Daffy's and Ninja's posts. I sold an iPhone on eBay and got duped by what I can only assume was a Nigerian prince looking to buy an iPhone for his nephew. He got the phone, kept his money, and I was left out of pocket. Much lols were had in the BritGAF thread at the time.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
BritGAF on the 3rd page? Come on guys you're better than that.

Ninj why are you still trying to push your rubbish music onto people

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I have the best tag ever but it is a constant reminder that I was a total fucking idiot and probably still am.

Did you buy another bottle of wine and down the whole thing?

That wine sent me to a special place

Yikes. Britgaf gone all harsh all of a sudden.

Wait, Rubbish King....Trash Lord? Tashbrooke? Oh, I see now. My bad!

I take those gir guitar pics to the garage for a plate change now don't I?

NinjaBoiX

Everyone watch Better Call Saul, it's mint. Second season is so good.

(It's not quite Breaking Bad but it's pretty damn good.)
Ninj why are you still trying to push your rubbish music onto people
You didn't ignore it, yay!

(They're quality and I have exemplary taste, shut your slut face.)
Roll on bank holiday weekend...
...when I work longer and harder than I usually do, yay!

(Here is another sentence in brackets.)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Bosh motherfuxxer. One more day of work and then I can begin prepping the flat for the invasion of friends. I have friends! When did that happen?!

Who is playing DS3? Give me some inside jib.

I've nearly finished gears ultimate. It was a bit dull but then I whacked the difficulty up and now it's addictive fun. Marcus Fenix makes me laugh out loud. It's brilliant.

Also Titanfall is still the very best.

On ze piss4 I'm playing erm advanced warfare.

I've also finished halo and am halfway through halo 2

Hopefully gonna do the Uncharteds soon. I'll have almost caught up on all the big last gen games.

Reknoc

When I get back on the soulstrain, should I skip DS2? Is it as good as Dark Souls?

just skip it. if you're desperate to know what DS2 was like there's a boss in 3 that's pretty similar. Just sit on your hands for a few minutes before fighting it to get a really accurate experience.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
When I get back on the soulstrain, should I skip DS2? Is it as good as Dark Souls?

1) Ehhh... I'm not going to tell you to do that.

I think a lot of the qualities you enjoyed from DS1 are missing (level design, weightiness). It's not a bad game at all but it's easily the weakest in the series imo. However, once you do get into it and accept its flaws it's pretty engrossing.

The last few levels and the DLC are, on the whole, particularly good, containing a few of the series highlights. The multiplayer was also very good, as was the build variety (you could create some insane characters). You can skip it but note that DS3 references a lot of stuff from it, both narratively and mechanically. Nothing critical, mind. Indeed, I imagine DS3 will be more impactful if you did.

2) It's awesome. It shares a lot of DNA with Bloodborne (my favourite); aesthetically and gameplay-wise.

Not sure if it's quite as good as DS1 yet but it's a more than worthy successor so far; much more so than DS2. It has all the bits you love about the series and, in a sense, it seems very much like a Best Of (you'll have to decide whether that sounds like a positive or a negative).

It needs a few patches to reach perfection, but I'm totally in love at the moment.

Eat Snacky Smores

NinjaBoiX

DS2 is great, it's my personal favourite. I had far more fun with that game than Bloodborne or Dark Souls. And certainly Demon's Souls.

I have a tiny bit of the last DLC to finish before I've clocked the entire game too, a first in the franchise!
just skip it. if you're desperate to know what DS2 was like there's a boss in 3 that's pretty similar. Just sit on your hands for a few minutes before fighting it to get a really accurate experience.
Wow a pithy, dismissive comment regarding a video game from Reknoc, what a world.

You're so jaded man, I think I can count on one hand the positive comments you've made about a video game. Lighten up!

Reknoc

I've just played a bad Star Fox game by platinum and I love star fox and platinum. Video games are dead to me.

Dark Souls 3 is p.good though. Like Meat said; its definitely a bit of a best of. Still one of the greatest moments I've had in the series is because of a returning element actually managing to get me.

Top Bottom