• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Hey dudes!

Just a quick msg to say happy new year 😄 hope everybody had a wonderful time and has made realistic and achievable new year's resolutions.

London is so fucked up. They're making all this effort to make it as easy and fast as possible to get all over the city, and simultaneously destroying all the places you might want to go. Fucking idiots.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Jesus Christ that 'thank you' thread. Fuck me.

And Happy New Year to y'all, especially sploats whose rantings early last year were what pushed over the edge into finally buying Fez. It better deliver.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

And Happy New Year to y'all, especially sploats whose rantings early last year were what pushed over the edge into finally buying Fez. It better deliver.
They are doing trap music remixes of the soundclip now. This website, man. This website.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Yeah the 2014 Godzilla irritated me. The only redeeming parts were Ken Watanabe saying "gawd-zirrra" and when
the big man himself vomits laser breath into Muta's mouth and fries him from the inside out.
That was fucking awesome to see on the big screen with surround sound. I wish they just showed a spliced version of the film with all the monster battles only and everything else cut out. I did not give a single fuck about the marine or his family, and the Brian Cranston bait and switch was some major bullshit.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Thank you everyone, I really appreciate it. I'll do my best not to go mental.

I'm just passing it on. I think it was Jed's rantings that persuaded me. I hope you enjoy it.

I'm doing a 'serious film a day' thing while I'm off work (extended holiday!) Yesterday was Under the Skin. Today was Seventh Seal. Tomorrow is Tokyo Story. It all feels very nutritious. I've got a big pile of films to go through. It's very nice 😄 I did draw the line at Salo, though.

Anyone seen any of those?

I'm just passing it on. I think it was Jed's rantings that persuaded me. I hope you enjoy it.

I'm doing a 'serious film a day' thing while I'm off work (extended holiday!) Yesterday was Under the Skin. Today was Seventh Seal. Tomorrow is Tokyo Story. It all feels very nutritious. I've got a big pile of films to go through. It's very nice 😄 I did draw the line at Salo, though.

Been meaning to see Seventh Seal for a long time, it always eludes me when I'm thinking of something to watch.

Do you get to watch silly films on weekends? I just watched The Guest. Great film by the same people that made You're Next, would highly recommend. Incredible soundtrack too.

Ashes

Banned

Under the Skin is a ' serious' film?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Been meaning to see Seventh Seal for a long time, it always eludes me when I'm thinking of something to watch.

Do you get to watch silly films on weekends? I just watched The Guest. Great film by the same people that made You're Next, would highly recommend. Incredible soundtrack too.

I think it's the third or fourth time I've seen it now. It's very compassionate. It's pretty easy to watch. Persona is my favourite Bergman film although I've not seen too many.

I've heard The Guest is good. I save those to watch with E. We are going to see Big Hero 6 today so I guess that counts?

Under the Skin is a ' serious' film?

Well, it felt serious to me. More importantly, I quite liked it. Why? Maybe serious is the wrong word. I mean a film that feels like a hearty meal rather than a McDonalds. sorry for the crappy analogy.

8bit

Knows the Score
I lost interest in Under The Skin after an hour or so. It's very pretty, the music is awesome and it was fun playing spot the area of Glasgow but there are only so many neds being submerged in water I could take.

I felt Paddington on the other hand was awesome so take my opinion with whatever grain of salt seen fit.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
New screenshot thread has me gushing for a new GPU and a copy of RYSE, didn't realise it was only a timed exclusive, no longer do I care for an XBONE

I saw under the skin, thought it was very good if a little up its own bottom. Like, I get it's an art film, but you can still have a more coherent story. I thought the photography was excellent and the rhythm of the film eventually settled and I found myself enjoying it. I loved the creepy underwater stuff, ScarJo looked pretty darn good and I found all the erections fairly daring and confrontational. The ending left me a little cold though, too much coincidence for my liking.

I watched Beasts of the Southern Wild the other day, it was spectacular. I was worried it would be a depressing 'race movie' but it was kinda the opposite, quite hopeful and strangely sweet while still being horrifying and heartbreaking at times as well. The little girl was absolutely stunning though, such a great performance. The kid and the dad reminded me of a lion and cub at times.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Damn. After replaying Wolfenstein: The New Order, I think it just might be my game of the year. I know it's Lazy Game Reviews', Classic Game Room's and Total Biscuit's.

Xun

London is so fucked up. They're making all this effort to make it as easy and fast as possible to get all over the city, and simultaneously destroying all the places you might want to go. Fucking idiots.
Indeed.

I hope it doesn't happen, but I very much doubt that.

Denmark Street should be a heritage site.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Damn. After replaying Wolfenstein: The New Order, I think it just might be my game of the year. I know it's Lazy Game Reviews', Classic Game Room's and Total Biscuit's.

I've started playing that now. It's really good, I'm shocked by just how solid everything is. They use the first person perspective really well. Not sure I like having to pick up ammo, though.

The sex scene was even tasteful!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
had little interest in under the skin until my girlfriend finished the book and recommended it. might watch it sometime.

BIG HERO SIX THOUGH AWWW MANNNN. jealous.

It's fun. Make sure you stay after the credits!

I lost interest in Under The Skin after an hour or so. It's very pretty, the music is awesome and it was fun playing spot the area of Glasgow but there are only so many neds being submerged in water I could take.

I felt Paddington on the other hand was awesome so take my opinion with whatever grain of salt seen fit.

Paddington is meant to be good.

I saw under the skin, thought it was very good if a little up its own bottom. Like, I get it's an art film, but you can still have a more coherent story. I thought the photography was excellent and the rhythm of the film eventually settled and I found myself enjoying it. I loved the creepy underwater stuff, ScarJo looked pretty darn good and I found all the erections fairly daring and confrontational. The ending left me a little cold though, too much coincidence for my liking.

I watched Beasts of the Southern Wild the other day, it was spectacular. I was worried it would be a depressing 'race movie' but it was kinda the opposite, quite hopeful and strangely sweet while still being horrifying and heartbreaking at times as well. The little girl was absolutely stunning though, such a great performance. The kid and the dad reminded me of a lion and cub at times.

Beasts of the S.W. sounds interesting - I've just looked it up. It wasn't on my radar until now.

I thought Under The Skin got better as it went on - I thought it had some interesting things to say about bodies and faces and the way people look (both how they look at people and how they look as people). Did you find her attractive in it then? I remember saying to E afterwards it was weird because the film was so detached I didn't find it sexual at all.

Watch Ohayo rather than Tokyo Story.

Oh now you tell me! It'll have to wait. Tokyo Story was what they had in HMV.

Man, I kind of hate that stuff. I wish there was some warning at the start of the credits that there was something more after them.

Credits last like ten minutes, and sitting in a cinema with the lights up and then sod all happens is so annoying. BUT I CAN'T LEAVE. WHAT IF THERE'S SOMETHING THERE?!

Danj

Shit, there was a post credits scene? I didn't realise.. is it on Youtube somewhere? I just saw that movie, but didn't stay after the credits - I figured it was just Disney, not Marvel, so it didn't occur to me that they'd do that.

Anyway happy new year everyone, hope you had a great Christmas and New Year, looking forward to finally being able to meet up with you guys at the March meetup whenever that ends up happening (I put it in the budget this time so it should be possible).

Paddington is meant to be good.

Beasts of the S.W. sounds interesting - I've just looked it up. It wasn't on my radar until now.

I thought Under The Skin got better as it went on - I thought it had some interesting things to say about bodies and faces and the way people look (both how they look at people and how they look as people). Did you find her attractive in it then? I remember saying to E afterwards it was weird because the film was so detached I didn't find it sexual at all.

I wouldn't say so, the film cleverly made her nudity almost robotic I think. I found a fun dissonance Where most of my brain was mesmerised by the scenes (which were amazing) but then a small part was just repeating "that's her bum that's brilliant". I mean, it's definitely stunt casting partly for those reasons I reckon.

Spookie

It's not like you've been doing any fucking work, my internet still sucks.

To be fair that's true, I sat watching twitch all night. Phone rang like twice! Speaking of did Candice get her net fixed? ;D

Don't work for consumer yet, go send a complaint to Gavin Patterson if you want the HLE team to look at it. It'll get sorted quicker then.

Mikeside

To be fair that's true, I sat watching twitch all night. Phone rang like twice! Speaking of did get her net fixed? ;D

Don't work for consumer yet, go send a complaint to Gavin Patterson if you want the HLE team to look at it. It'll get sorted quicker then.

might wanna edit that, we don't use personal names for people who aren't happy about it (she's one of them)

also I'm forwarding this to BT :p

Top Bottom