• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Xun

Not long till my band can get out there and play.

The only problem is coming up with a fucking band name.

Someone help, please. :(

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Big Business

The Muslims

Decaying Flesh

The Fairy Rainbows

Granny Phone

Chewbacca and The Wookie Alliance

The Graham Norton Show

Shiv Clicker

Xun's Buns

Xun, Zun and the Zargles

Danj

Still not got whatsapp, it's got the point of not getting it out of spite to all the people who say "you don't have whatsapp???", much like facebook 5 years ago.

I don't really get the point of whatsapp, what does it offer that isn't already covered by other apps? Also wasn't it bought by Facebook, bet they will somehow roll it into their Messenger app sooner or later?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Train Bumour

Cerebral Palsy Orgy

Yamata No Orochi

The Whole Sky Fills with One Huge Bloodshot Eye

Horse Head Squirrel Feeder

Meat Voltage

Fragile Little Fictions

Mulk

Pinky Bandinski

Frequency Thieves

Mikeside

Train Bumour

Cerebral Palsy Orgy

Yamata No Orochi

The Whole Sky Fills with One Huge Bloodshot Eye

Horse Head Squirrel Feeder

Meat Voltage

Fragile Little Fictions

Mulk

Pinky Bandinski

Frequency Thieves

You're a person who needs to look at your whatsapp. You might find a new chat waiting for your response

I was reading a Guardian article earlier and discovered they have their own dating website now, so on a whim I created myself a profile (only the free version though, I've no interest in their swingeingly high subscription fees).

"Relationshio sought: A fling; Just friends; Let's see what happens; Short-term relationship; Long-term relationship"

Surely you'd get more interest if you were more specific? Like, if a woman who wanted a relationship read that she'd just click away because you obviously have no idea what you actually want.

I imagine you'll have no luck on soulmates without paying as well. Before they even read your stuff they can see that you're tight. Probably not an attractive quality.

Mikeside

He's right.
Try okcupid and be specific about what you want too.

Also, the text I could read in your about me felt a little flat. Try adding some flavour - a bit of wordplay or some humour will go a long way

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I was reading a Guardian article earlier and discovered they have their own dating website now, so on a whim I created myself a profile (only the free version though, I've no interest in their swingeingly high subscription fees).

He's right.
Try okcupid and be specific about what you want too.

Also, the text I could read in your about me felt a little flat. Try adding some flavour - a bit of wordplay or some humour will go a long way

I think I may be able to help here:

"DO YOU WANT TO DIE ALONE?! Me neither! Let's cling to each other like survivors clawing for space on the flotsam of this sinking ship we call life.

I enjoy walks in the park, watching movies, and stitching people together in their sleep."

YOU'RE WELCOME.

Reknoc

I have to image The Guardians dating service is the sort that applies only to a small group of people. Like the ones that are advertised on to, costumed or Christian singles or whatever.

Weird that they require a subscription for swinging though.

Danj

"Relationshio sought: A fling; Just friends; Let's see what happens; Short-term relationship; Long-term relationship"

Surely you'd get more interest if you were more specific? Like, if a woman who wanted a relationship read that she'd just click away because you obviously have no idea what you actually want.

I imagine you'll have no luck on soulmates without paying as well. Before they even read your stuff they can see that you're tight. Probably not an attractive quality.

This stuff right here is why the whole girlfriend/dating/relationship thing is a damn Catch-22. You're basically telling me I can't have one until I've already had one. You're telling me it's like getting a first job - you can't get a job without experience, but you can't get experience without a job (or at least a placement or something).

Of course I don't know what I want. I've never had a relationship.

I do have an OKcupid account but the username is bad and you have to subscribe to change it (there's no one-off payment option).

Mikeside

This stuff right here is why the whole girlfriend/dating/relationship thing is a damn Catch-22. You're basically telling me I can't have one until I've already had one. You're telling me it's like getting a first job - you can't get a job without experience, but you can't get experience without a job (or at least a placement or something).

I do have an OKcupid account but the username is bad and you have to subscribe to change it (there's no one-off payment option).

Then put short term relationship.
It's not a fling but you don't look desperate to commit to somebody either.

I know it's a daunting thing to be thinking about when you've got no experience but try to think of it as a no pressure, fun experiment. It doesn't really matter if you fail at this.

NinjaBoiX

Danj, it seems to me that your take on relationships is too formal and serious, you aren't applying for a job, you don't need to set out parameters and ascertain expectations.

Just strike up a friendship, see if there is a mutual attraction, then take it from there, don't put so much pressure on the situation.

It should be fun and enjoyable interaction between two people, not some predefined mutual obligation.

Edit: basically the last part of Mike's post. Well put.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I have to image The Guardians dating service is the sort that applies only to a small group of people. Like the ones that are advertised on to, costumed or Christian singles or whatever.

Weird that they require a subscription for swinging though.

I read the Guardian (for my sins, but more out of habit) and I can pretty much imagine the typical Guardian dater.

What Ironside & Bowen said, but also don't compare it to a job, even indirectly! Not yet, anyway. Maybe after 10 years. :D Just approach it in a light-hearted fashion.

But you know whether or not you want a relationship though, surely? You don't have to have had one to know if you want one, you just need to be aware of what the term means and what a relationship broadly involves.

All I'm saying is that by selecting all those options you're telling a potential partner that you can't promise them anything. So a woman who wants a relationship will avoid you because you might just see it as a fling, and a woman after a fling (I doubt there are many of these on soulmates) will avoid you in case you're looking for more. They'll just think they're wasting their time and yours.

banofypie

Banned
I've never had a relationship, but I know what I'd prefer from one.

"Looking for a relationship with a sexually experimental girl. The relationship may only last as long as these Pizza Express vouchers do, but it'll be a good time and my dick is massive. Promise."

Mikeside

I've never had a relationship, but I know what I'd prefer from one.

"Looking for a relationship with a sexually experimental girl. The relationship may only last as long as these Pizza Express vouchers do, but it'll be a good time and my dick is massive. Promise."

I thought you were a girl?

jimbor

Banned
Then put short term relationship.
It's not a fling but you don't look desperate to commit to somebody either.

I know it's a daunting thing to be thinking about when you've got no experience but try to think of it as a no pressure, fun experiment. It doesn't really matter if you fail at this.

I need to reactivate my okcupid account and get a snapshot of my profile. It was a thing of beauty.

Unfortunately my laptop has given up the ghost.

I need to reactivate my okcupid account and get a snapshot of my profile. It was a thing of beauty.

Unfortunately my laptop has given up the ghost.

It's fine, just post the password and we'll run the account for you as a community what could possibly go wrong

SuperSah

Banned
Guys, I have a weird issue:

I received an email from PayPal two hours ago stating a card was added to my account and some kind of refund; the one where they test the card for money or something.

I thought it was spam, logged in and voila, a new MasterCard added to my account which was somehow debited to my address.

Apparently, the refund transaction was in fucking Russian Roubles.

What the fuck happened? Did somebody gain access to my account? Is it possible somebody "gifts" you a gift card or something?

I removed it from my account and am unsure what to do.

lewisgone

Guys, I have a weird issue:

I received an email from PayPal two hours ago stating a card was added to my account and some kind of refund; the one where they test the card for money or something.

I thought it was spam, logged in and voila, a new MasterCard added to my account which was somehow debited to my address.

Apparently, the refund transaction was in fucking Russian Roubles.

What the fuck happened? Did somebody gain access to my account? Is it possible somebody "gifts" you a gift card or something?

I removed it from my account and am unsure what to do.

Have you ever used Boomerang Rentals? There was a thread going around this morning saying it had been hacked. A lot of users were reporting dodgy transactions on their accounts.

I've never used the service so I didn't look too much into it.

SuperSah

Banned
Nope.

I've just deleted my PayPal account to make sure.

It's likely a hack to use my account and buy shit using a fraudulent card or something.

I'll open another if I ever need to.

jimbor

Banned
What's up with it? I'm something of a pro at fixing them

If I haven't somehow managed to get it stuck in hibernation mode, think the screen and/or videocard is dead. Beeps, loads woodies and I had the windows sounds but the screen is blank the whole time.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
What is everyone up to tonight then?

About to sit down and munch fajitas and watch stand up DVDs with E. 😄

Top Bottom