• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

http://laughoutlondoncomedyclub.co.uk/2014/12/20/what-is-it-like-to-be-part-of-adam-riches-show/
adam-riches.jpg

Edinburgh Comedy Award winner Adam Riches has established himself as the master of audience interaction in the past few years, developing character-based comedy shows that make the crowd part of a playful performance that embraces rather than alienates.

ok... *goes looking for videos*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42u5oizxUm8

Gets someone to lick his face. Adam Riches, you've won me over.

jimbor

Banned
Well, you know, a lot of his comedy hits the local funny bone as I'm Glaswegian.
It's actually at the behest of my wife.

He was terribly bad, kept tripping over his jokes. This would have been around the time when his books were around and before he had Ronnie Corbett on his show/the Queen atrocity. My opinion of him nose dived completely afterwards.

If anyone has the opportunity to see Jerry Sadowitz, don't miss out. He's wonderful.

Love Sadowitz but have always been busy whenever he's done his Leicester Square theatre runs. Hero for doing shit on Jimmy Saville years ago too.

TheRealGrampa

Neo Member
Hello people, i'm new here and this is my first post so here we go
Where do you come from? (Where do you go, where do you come from Cotton Eye Joe etc) - Nottinghamshire
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? - Barcode repair man, but just been offered a job as a chef - waiting on my start date
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end? - Open my own restaurant/food truck
Favourite daytime TV show? - Jerry Springer, always on at break time at work
Fish or chips? - Fish
Daddy or chips? - Chips
What's your tipple of choice? - Strongbow/Camden Hells
Favourite party snack? - Party Rings
Who is the best bald person? - Richard o'brien
What's your disappointing claim to fame? - Eric Pollards granddaughter was in my form at secondary school
What's your perfect Sunday? - Nice roast and a few beers down the pub
Did you threaten to overrule him? - Yes
It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him? - Yes

Volotaire

Hello people, i'm new here and this is my first post so here we go
Where do you come from? (Where do you go, where do you come from Cotton Eye Joe etc) - Nottinghamshire
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? - Barcode repair man, but just been offered a job as a chef - waiting on my start date
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end? - Open my own restaurant/food truck
Favourite daytime TV show? - Jerry Springer, always on at break time at work
Fish or chips? - Fish
Daddy or chips? - Chips
What's your tipple of choice? - Strongbow/Camden Hells
Favourite party snack? - Party Rings
Who is the best bald person? - Richard o'brien
What's your disappointing claim to fame? - Eric Pollards granddaughter was in my form at secondary school
What's your perfect Sunday? - Nice roast and a few beers down the pub
It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him? - Yes

Welcome!

Xun

Potentially Parallel

Untitled Artist

Sensei Kennedy and the Broken Records

Dubious Origins

Unpracticed Abortionists

Verb The Noun

Big Business

The Muslims

Decaying Flesh

The Fairy Rainbows

Granny Phone

Chewbacca and The Wookie Alliance

The Graham Norton Show

Shiv Clicker

Xun's Buns

Xun, Zun and the Zargles

Neon Moon

Christian Ninja Death Squad

!Something_pOstmodern

Hentai Police

Yeyland Wootani

Karma Chanics

Untilted Artits
The
Piff Paff Poff Daddy
Winner of the X-Factor
Electric Jeremy

Burly black cock

the dark souls.

Train Bumour

Cerebral Palsy Orgy

Yamata No Orochi

The Whole Sky Fills with One Huge Bloodshot Eye

Horse Head Squirrel Feeder

Meat Voltage

Fragile Little Fictions

Mulk

Pinky Bandinski

Frequency Thieves

Gerald's Magic Sandwich

Cocknose and the Cunts

Peadophile Pilgrimage

Also acceptable.
Some interesting suggestions.

Thanks guys!

What Do You Even Sound Like?
I'm not entirely sure to be honest.

I guess there's some hints of Jeff Buckley, Radiohead and Led Zeppelin in there.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I wish it was that simple. You know when you get a package and you sign the device, and it looks nothing like your signature? I fix those.
Ah. The worst touch screens in the world. I've pretty much given up on writing my proper signature on those since it always comes out something like |\_____|\/\/\|___

Oh, and thanks you all for the birthday wishes yesterday.

Reknoc

My internet died on Friday night and was down for most of Saturday, so I thought I'd spend that time trying to finish up some of the games I recently started.

I didn't do that, instead I decided to play some Muramasa Rebirth since I'd remembered I got it free ages a go on PS+. This was my third attempt at the game, the first time on Wii I couldn't stand it, probably because for whatever reason it didn't like my GC controller (despite it supporting it), second was the US release of the the Vita version which I imported though mostly for the bag and the case which I still use. Like the game a bit more that time but was still sort of eh on it. Really enjoyed it this go through, got an ending with the first character, tried the second but fatigue started to set in by then, since the 2nd character is pretty much identical but they seem to level up much slower and their sword tree is full of long swords which aren't fun to use.

So I'm done with that but I still want to treat my eyes to gorgeous Vanillaware art so I've moved back on to Dragons Crown, love that game.

Mikeside

Not looking forward to working 9 hours today :x

9 hours working in a supermarket is a cakewalk. I did a few 7 day weeks working 10 hour days when the One Stop I worked at got turned into a Tesco Express to help get new staff trained and get the store up & running.

Crazy days. I remember being knackered as fuck and hungover almost every day as one of the new managers kept taking me to the pub after work most nights for a 'wind down'

It always feels like ballache at the time, but just remember to appreciate it because one day you'll be nostalgic about it.

Vashetti

Banned
9 hours working in a supermarket is a cakewalk. I did a few 7 day weeks working 10 hour days when the One Stop I worked at got turned into a Tesco Express to help get new staff trained and get the store up & running.

Crazy days. I remember being knackered as fuck and hungover almost every day as one of the new managers kept taking me to the pub after work most nights for a 'wind down'

It always feels like ballache at the time, but just remember to appreciate it because one day you'll be nostalgic about it.

They've got me conditioned with 4-5 hour shifts usually though. The random 9 hour shift yesterday almost killed me. Sucks having two days in a row of such long hours (for me).

The_Poet

Banned
Not looking forward to working 9 hours today :x

That's a pretty normal shift dude, try doing 8 hours Monday-Friday then another two 7 hour shifts on Friday and Saturday night.

You've got life easy sunshine!

You were lucky! We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Hi new person!

Mornings are difficult.

Certainly are. First day back at work today for me. Very heartening.

My internet died on Friday night and was down for most of Saturday, so I thought I'd spend that time trying to finish up some of the games I recently started.

I didn't do that, instead I decided to play some Muramasa Rebirth since I'd remembered I got it free ages a go on PS+. This was my third attempt at the game, the first time on Wii I couldn't stand it, probably because for whatever reason it didn't like my GC controller (despite it supporting it), second was the US release of the the Vita version which I imported though mostly for the bag and the case which I still use. Like the game a bit more that time but was still sort of eh on it. Really enjoyed it this go through, got an ending with the first character, tried the second but fatigue started to set in by then, since the 2nd character is pretty much identical but they seem to level up much slower and their sword tree is full of long swords which aren't fun to use.

So I'm done with that but I still want to treat my eyes to gorgeous Vanillaware art so I've moved back on to Dragons Crown, love that game.

I really didn't enjoy Muramasa. I don't know if I was playing it wrong, but it felt really disjointed and shallow. It did look absolutely beautiful though.

I am looking forward to playing some more Bioshock tonight and seeing how the crazy carnival pans out. Also, a friend from work has said she'll be my Gears co op buddy. Hurray!

Reknoc

Hi new person!

Certainly are. First day back at work today for me. Very heartening.

I really didn't enjoy Muramasa. I don't know if I was playing it wrong, but it felt really disjointed and shallow. It did look absolutely beautiful though.

I am looking forward to playing some more Bioshock tonight and seeing how the crazy carnival pans out. Also, a friend from work has said she'll be my Gears co op buddy. Hurray!

It is disjointed and shallow, you sort of, have to like, try and ignore that and just have fun with how flashy it is and be all "oooh, ahhh wow so pretty". Took me like, 5 hours to get an ending so it's not super long, just enough before I really couldn't be bothered any more. There's still loads for me to do but I think I'll just give it a rest until I'm in the mood for dumb combat. I think most of what Vanillware does is gash with Dragons Crown the exception, I just want them to make more of that with different settings lol.

edit: Higher difficulties might make it more interesting I guess but the controls don't really feel good enough for that to seem enjoyable.

NinjaBoiX

Mondays aren't that bad when you've got new shoes on.

Slicker than Rick

grant-taylor-nike-blazer-low-gt-black-4.jpg
Pretty nice fella, though I'm generally more a fan of hi-tops and mid cuts. I want to get a pair of Nike Fly Tops:

neRSyJv.jpg

w52fTyl.jpg

I really want them in tan leather but they were a limited run and rare as hen's teeth. But look how cool!:

YBIAKZI.jpg

I literally just got a new pair of trainers for Christmas though, I'm up to 8 pairs now, I think I need to chill for a bit!

Sounds like a bellend. The minute someone says SoCo I think you know where you stand.

--

Guys I'm in trouble. Dark Souls has ruined games for me. Neither Gears nor Bioshock are giving me the good stuff. Even though I'm playing Bioshock on hard, there's no real challenge because death carries no penalty, meaning I can just cheese almost every fight in the game. And Gears is just a case of hide and shoot with no real movement. I know that there are harder difficulties but for some reason they're not unlocked.

I'm gonna try HL2, Red Dead, Vanquish and XCOM this afternoon. Hopefully I'll be able to get the good stuff from them. If that fails then it's just gonna have to be NG+.

Games these days are made to be finished. For the most part even the highest difficulties are pretty easily beatable.

Now old games, and I am going back to cassette and early console days, those are a different story.

Time to invest in a Spectrum, C64 and Amiga!

Edit: And a fun meta game is getting them to load from cassette. Plus the loading times. That is real hardcore gaming.

Vashetti

Banned
Nine hours? My heart bleeds for you.

That's a pretty normal shift dude, try doing 8 hours Monday-Friday then another two 7 hour shifts on Friday and Saturday night.

You've got life easy sunshine!

I know it seems laughable to you guys, but we all had our hours cut months ago and only seemed to do 4-5 hour shifts, anything more than that was a random one-off.

We're all conditioned to those hours, so two 9 hour shifts in 2 days has knocked me. So happy to be off tomorrow.

NinjaBoiX

I couldn't be dealing with just one pair of trainers like, I need at least one pair for work and shit! I usually just use whichever pair are the oldest and most knackered and wear them day to day and keep the other pairs in rotation, that way I keep them in good knick and get to choose a pair that will go with whatever I'm wearing that day.

My current kickabout trainers are my red and white Backboard II's, it's a shame they're relegated to such a lowly status, they're damn nice shoes.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I couldn't be dealing with just one pair of trainers like, I need at least one pair for work and shit! I usually just use whichever pair are the oldest and most knackered and wear them day to day and keep the other pairs in rotation, that way I keep them in good knick and get to choose a pair that will go with whatever I'm wearing that day.

My current kickabout trainers are my red and white Backboard II's, it's a shame they're relegated to such a lowly status, they're damn nice shoes.

That's why you're The Official Swagalicious Bad Boy of the North... and I'm a grubby looking Mexican tramp. Honestly, I wouldn't know what to do with more than one pair, mate; I think my head would explode.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Games these days are made to be finished. For the most part even the highest difficulties are pretty easily beatable.

Now old games, and I am going back to cassette and early console days, those are a different story.

Time to invest in a Spectrum, C64 and Amiga!

Edit: And a fun meta game is getting them to load from cassette. Plus the loading times. That is real hardcore gaming.

"DAAAAADDDD it's chewed up the tape AGAIN! Can we get a Nintendo? Pleeeeaaaasseeeee".

And the answer was always

"No. The games cost too much when we could just copy them using the stereo / use XCopy to copy the disks [if post 1991]."

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
"DAAAAADDDD it's chewed up the tape AGAIN! Can we get a Nintendo? Pleeeeaaaasseeeee".

I used to stare at all those colours. It was as if no time passed. If it didn't have the colours, I never knew if it had crashed or not. XD

Also, that Dawson track was well good.

Also also, you should look into Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. It's a more straight Japanese take on Medieval Fantasy (not so Dark as Souls) but with a more Character Action Game/Arcade style of fast paced combat with some ridiculously over the top spells. It's open world and there is a lot of walking about, but it's a very accomplished game. Not as tight as DS, but definitely worth a look.

Last night I completed a quest where I and a small army had to take down a Griffon nestled at the top of a very scary dark tower. You can climb on the bugger and go stab happy as it's flying about trying to fling you off. It was one of the most exciting boss battles I've played in a long time; probably since Shadow of the Colossus or DS, actually.

NinjaBoiX

That's why you're The Official Swagalicious Bad Boy of the North... and I'm a grubby looking Mexican tramp. Honestly, I wouldn't know what to do with more than one pair, mate; I think my head would explode.
OK, that's a beautiful tag right there! :p

I dunno, it's just like choosing a t-shirt or whatever, you just pick a pair that would work with the outfit.

I just have too many clothes in general though, trainers, t-shirts and jackets are my thing. As I say, I've got 8 pairs of trainers, probably 50+ tees and a rack full of coats and jackets (about 20).

Which reminds me, I have a coat to collect from the tailors tonight, I'm having it tapered and cuffed. It was meant to be finished Friday but when I went in at the weekend he said "It's more work than I thought", I hope he hasn't fucked it up...

I literally just got a new pair of trainers for Christmas though, I'm up to 8 pairs now, I think I need to chill for a bit!

Them Leathers look sweet, they'll look even better worn in too. Better with age etc.

I'm not too fond on high tops like that though except the high blazers. Tend to just stick with Nike SB too.

Just realised I haven't worn trainers in years.

What?!

Just realised I've worn the same pair of trainers for years.

WHAT?!?!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I used to stare at all those colours. It was as if no time passed. If it didn't have the colours, I never knew if it had crashed or not. XD

Also, that Dawson track was well good.

Also also, you should look into Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. It's a more straight Japanese take on Medieval Fantasy (not so Dark as Souls) but with a more Character Action Game/Arcade style of fast paced combat with some ridiculously over the top spells. It's open world and there is a lot of walking about, but it's a very accomplished game. Not as tight as DS, but definitely worth a look.

Last night I completed a quest where I and a small army had to take down a Griffon nestled at the top of a very scary dark tower. You can climb on the bugger and go stab happy as it's flying about trying to fling you off. It was one of the most exciting boss battles I've played in a long time; probably since Shadow of the Colossus or DS, actually.

I might check it out. I'd always assumed it was a JRPG or Dragon Age type thing.

Glad you liked that track!

OK, that's a beautiful tag right there! :p

I dunno, it's just like choosing a t-shirt or whatever, you just pick a pair that would work with the outfit.

I just have too many clothes in general though, trainers, t-shirts and jackets are my thing. As I say, I've got 8 pairs of trainers, probably 50+ tees and a rack full of coats and jackets (about 20).

Which reminds me, I have a coat to collect from the tailors tonight, I'm having it tapered and cuffed. It was meant to be finished Friday but when I went in at the weekend he said "It's more work than I thought", I hope he hasn't fucked it up...

Dude go to Stitches! It's a Manchester institution. They are amazing.

-

Loving this c64 chat! I remember my dad taking Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom back to the shop on the principle that you shouldn't have to reload side B every time you died. Eat that, #PS4NoDRM!

The_Poet

Banned
I'm in the camp of having 1 main pair of trainers for every day. I use my old pair for skateboarding.

Then a couple proper shoes for looking smart.

Top Bottom