• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

British baby boy weighs more than 15 pounds at birth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raistlin

To large babies tend to be taller when they reach adulthood? I feel like this one will become a giant when he grows older.
Unfortunately no, if I'm any indication.

While I was normal weight (7 lbs IIRC), I was 24" long at birth. Taller than any of the other babies there. Doctors said I'd be a basketball player.

Instead I was short until my final growth spurt at 16, and then only made it to just shy of 5'11".

fml

tumblr_m1wafiNPGh1rqvfp1o1_500.png
Simpsons did it

15 pounds...that's a lot of stuff to push out. There seems to be a level of stuff you can push out that feels good, like a particularly big turd; but you can push one or that's too big and hurts like hell. I'm guessing that's what birthing a kid is like but worse.

The doctors or whatever prenatal care she got sound cheap and shitty.

"Ultrasound is not 100 percent," she said. "It's about 10 percent off, and it actually is more off if the baby is extremely small or extremely large."

Wu, who has no involvement in this case, said that doctors estimate the size of a child by taking measurements of the head, belly and femur bone in their leg. Sometimes measurements can be hard to get if you do a sonogram later in the pregnancy, because the head is low in the pelvis or birth canal. Other times, babies might be might not be proportional in size, changing the estimate.

"Sometimes you have a baby whose head is disproportionally bigger, and it's got a good sized head but a skinny body," she explained. "It could be a pound or a pound and a half less than estimated."

Sounds like it should have been a c-section for the health of both the mother and the baby.

LordCanti

I've heard of regular sized babies basically splitting a woman open from...well, from V to A. I can only imagine what a fifteen pound baby would do.

Toppot

That is one big baby! Is sad that he probably has brain damage, hopefully he survives.

Übermatik;52037946 said:
Someone Photoshop him green.

lBoqvOq.png

I would have dressed him up as Wreck it Ralph as well but I don't have the time. That poor womans vajayjay.

eso76

Uh ?

when my daughter was born i was told by the medics a woman had just given birth to a 17 pounds boy. Naturally and no probs whatsoever

The Adder

Banned
That is one big baby! Is sad that he probably has brain damage, hopefully he survives.

lBoqvOq.png

I would have dressed him up as Wreck it Ralph as well but I don't have the time. That poor womans vajayjay.

*Insert bad vagina + "I'm Gonna Wreck it!" joke here*

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
That's huge. I was almost 12 lbs at birth, ~170lbs now at just over 6' so it doesn't mean much in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom