• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

British PM Theresa May Brexit Speech 17th January 2017 at 11:45AM GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

oh fuck this, the hell is she on??

95a5b3e60be103fdd89b9c9f6f148ded.gif

kmag

I would assume not or that they likely wont just be able to pop on a plane or train to Belgium or France for the weekend.

Yeah, I get this. Thing is, they live in the shite areas, they have the shite jobs and its easy to say its somebody else's fault if you're clamoring for their votes. I've also seen the sentiment echoed that why does someone on minimum wage care if the 'elites' are fucked over by this.

I mean, it's a gross misunderstanding of the way the world works but shit they don't know any better, they've been failed. We let them be failed and mucked about because it didn't impact us but now it is and we're beholden to seeing the benefits of proper electoral communication, proper education and actually caring and being sympathetic to the views of poor(er) people in society before it gets this bad again.

The biggest laugh is that there is a correlation between the strongest leave voting areas and the lowest levels of immigration.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The manufacturers will take advantage of the crappy pound, double down on design in the UK and make the cars in Slovakia?

You know, manufacturing could work out if the pound and labour costs plummet to the point of allowing manufacturers to work around tariffs.

UK to be the new Eastern Europe?

All this money and trade sounds great. I mean if you live in The City or any city it looks great.

Problem is the most that voted out, are the people not living in the cities. They aren't going to see a pound come their way and things are just going to get worse for them.

You know, manufacturing could work out if the pound and labour costs plummet to the point of allowing manufacturers to work around tariffs.

UK to be the new Eastern Europe?

No, the UK is a strong economy brought to its knees by horrible government and a currency out of control.

See: Argentina.

Zaph

Fuck you May, we ain't coming together.

Her argument is that causing pain to us, is causing pain to the EU as well, so the time has come to man up and accept that free trade works for all...

You're literally just buying May's toddler-level rationalising.

"manning up and accepting that" would also mean destabilising the EU by everyone wanting to renegotiate their deal.

Is she fucking serious ?

EU members who don't offer good deals to UK are doing calamitous self harm and not acting as friends ?

What the hell is she smoking, this can't be real.

Yeah, now we want to be friends with the EU? After all the shit we've been saying about the EU for years?

We're going to get well and truly fucked

AHA-Lambda

IT IS NOT COMING TOGETHER!!
"losers" to respcet the outcome?

WTF is going on??

This is the biggest fuck you to people who voted Remain

The biggest laugh is that there is a correlation between the strongest leave voting areas and the lowest levels of immigration.
Yeah but living in West London and hearing different accents and languages every day is amazing when you're having a good life. When you're living in a shit area and looking for someone to blame and you've been told ad nauseum its because of immigration you zero-the-fuck-in on any foreign accent because you're listening out for it.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Is she fucking serious ?

EU members who don't offer good deals to UK are doing calamitous self harm and not acting as friends ?

What the hell is she smoking, this can't be real.

But, that's what the UK is doing, leaving the EU is harming them and they are not acting very friendly. Straight out of the Trumputin playbook this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom