• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

British PM Theresa May Brexit Speech 17th January 2017 at 11:45AM GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

pashmilla

Banned
Is she fucking serious ?

EU members who don't offer good deals to UK are doing calamitous self harm and not acting as friends ?

What the hell is she smoking, this can't be real.

Pretty sure the EU can't wait to be rid of us. We've been nothing but an obstructive special snowflake annoyance for years. I'd want to get rid of us too.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Theresa May "Blah blah Brexit, blah blah Great Britain, blah blah.. thinly veiled threats to the EU... blah blah "

Pound crashes

EU members to Theresa May "fuck off"

Theresa May "ok"

Audioboxer

Sick burn bro

6ZSaw8F.png

We're not worse off the numbers said we were better than the models based on something that didn't happen (art 50 being triggered on June 24th)

Tak3n

Banned
Fuck you May, we ain't coming together.

You're literally just buying May's toddler-level rationalising.

"manning up and accepting that" would also mean destabilising the EU by everyone wanting to renegotiate their deal.

apologies, I was paraphrasing

The way May is talking it wouldn't surprise me if she has promises from Trump that he will threaten to withdraw NATO support unless the EU gives the UK a sweetheart deal. The EU might want to be tough but if they have visions of Russian tank divisions rolling across the European countrysides like its 1945, all the tough rhetoric would disappear

Izuna

Banned
Guys if you squint hard enough, you can hear Nigel Farage speaking these words.

~~

Did she just ask someone to give her a question she knew was coming?

Any idea how long any of this will take? Sounds...very slow.
well after 2 years UK is out. with our without a replacement treaty
The way May is talking it wouldn't surprise me if she has promises from Trump that he will threaten to withdraw NATO support unless the EU gives the UK a sweetheart deal. The EU might want to be tough but if they have visions of Russian tank divisions rolling across the European countrysides like its 1945, all the tough rhetoric would disappear

or maybe trump has promised her that he will nuke the shit out of EU if UK doesnt get a sweetheart deal.

One politician steers us towards a cliff to save his career and then another cuts the breaks and hits the accelerator to save hers.

danowat

Banned
As much as I hate May and Brexit, she was handed a shitty stick, she didn't want this, surely it's preferential for her to come out with an iron fist about the whole situation, rather than being limp wristed about it?

US Congress would never allow that.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

I think you are thinking too much about it. That isn't even far fetched speculation, but political fiction at this point.

As much as I hate May and Brexit, she was handed a shitty stick, she didn't want this, surely it's preferential for her to come out with an iron fist about the whole situation, rather than being limp wristed about it?
She could be truly iron about it and acknowledge that the situation is fucking terrible and only likely to get worse before it can get any better instead of pretending that everything is fine.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, this almost sounded like she doesn't want to go through with it if the parliament will vote against the deal!?

What a great thing to look forward to...

danowat

Banned
She could be truly iron about it and acknowledge that the situation is fucking terrible and only likely to get worse before it can get any better instead of pretending that everything is fine.

And that would help how?, there was never any going back on the decision.

Harmen

If you want to solve issues, you must acknowledge them first.

And that would help how?, there was never any going back on the decision.
Yes there is. Article 50 hasn't even been triggered yet.

You're telling me that if they reheld the referendum today, after we've seen what it has done to our economy, that it would still be a leave win?

jufonuk

not tag worthy
What the fuck UK. What if we voted to all nuke the UK would she then just ahead and do it because it is our will??

This doesn't seem real it's like the UK is throwing a massive fit for some stupid reason.

Either something is worked out or maybe all those countries we were cunts to in the past are daring is to do this and once we are out it will be a giant middle finger to us.

What the hell ?

Tak3n

Banned
Lets be honest, she has well and truly called out the EU.... as much as it will be unpopular, she just said we are picking up our ball and going home....

the huge question will be, does the EU blink, or do they remain steadfast in their position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom