• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

British woman spends more than $325,000 to look like ancient Egyptian

Status
Not open for further replies.
British woman has spent more than $325,000 and had 51 cosmetic surgeries in an effort to look like the ancient Egyptian queen Nefertiti.

The Daily Mail reports that Nileen Namita, 49, began her facial transformation in 1987 after she says she kept having visions of Nefertiti and realized she was the queen in a past life.

'They were visions of incredible intensity -- I could see where she lived, her servants, her rooms, even the food she ate -- and although at first I found the dreams frightening, I began to research what they meant," Namita recalls to the Daily Mail. "Aged 23 I underwent psychoanalysis with a counselor. Slowly I began to realize that I was having these dreams because I am a reincarnation of Nefertiti."

Namita says she has spent all of her spare money on surgeries. The 51 surgeries include eight nose jobs, three chin implants, one eyebrow lift, three facelifts, two lip surgeries and five eye surgeries. See a photo of Namita as Nefertiti .

"I know some people will find it hard to understand why I have put myself through so much surgery," Namita says. "It was my way of allowing that part of my personality to show itself."

Nefertiti was the sun-worshipping wife of the Egyptian pharaoh Akhenaten. A bust sculpted by Thutmose made Nefertiti famous and is currently housed at Berlin's Altes Museum. The bust itself was notable for exemplifying Egyptians' understanding of facial proportions.

Many other women have gone under the knife to resemble celebrities. Last October a British woman named Sarah Burge broke the world record for most cosmetic surgeries, having had 100 procedures to look like the iconic doll Barbie.

AP090327046091_20090826060636_320_240.JPG

Picture of the woman. Yikes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...1-operations-turn-mother-Queen-Nefertiti.html

bjork

She could've just bought the queen latifah hat and some eyeliner, and saved a lot of time and money.

Ferrio

Banned
"British woman spends god-awful amounts of cash to look ugly"

A baseball bat would of been quicker and cheaper.

glistenm

Banned
Teh Hamburglar said:
British woman has spent more than $325,000 and had 51 cosmetic surgeries in an effort to look like the ancient Egyptian queen Nefertiti.

The Daily Mail reports that Nileen Namita, 49, began her facial transformation in 1987 after she says she kept having visions of Nefertiti and realized she was the queen in a past life.

'They were visions of incredible intensity -- I could see where she lived, her servants, her rooms, even the food she ate -- and although at first I found the dreams frightening, I began to research what they meant," Namita recalls to the Daily Mail. "Aged 23 I underwent psychoanalysis with a counselor. Slowly I began to realize that I was having these dreams because I am a reincarnation of Nefertiti."

Namita says she has spent all of her spare money on surgeries. The 51 surgeries include eight nose jobs, three chin implants, one eyebrow lift, three facelifts, two lip surgeries and five eye surgeries. See a photo of Namita as Nefertiti .

"I know some people will find it hard to understand why I have put myself through so much surgery," Namita says. "It was my way of allowing that part of my personality to show itself."

Nefertiti was the sun-worshipping wife of the Egyptian pharaoh Akhenaten. A bust sculpted by Thutmose made Nefertiti famous and is currently housed at Berlin's Altes Museum. The bust itself was notable for exemplifying Egyptians' understanding of facial proportions.

Many other women have gone under the knife to resemble celebrities. Last October a British woman named Sarah Burge broke the world record for most cosmetic surgeries, having had 100 procedures to look like the iconic doll Barbie.

AP090327046091_20090826060636_320_240.JPG

Picture of the woman. Yikes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...1-operations-turn-mother-Queen-Nefertiti.html

:lol That's not a picture of her, that's a bust of nefertiti.

Aske

Sometimes mental illness is just plain awesome. Or would have been in her case if she had come close to success. She just looks like a woman who has had too much cosmetic surgery - nothing at all like the bust of Nefertiti.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
She's got some wicked five-head going on there. Or maybe more of a six- or seven-head actually. Damn.

Ceres

Banned
WTF at the actual picture. Looks more like a photoshop.
29ykzew.jpg

Edit: Actually, I think it was someone's shitty photoshop.

louis89

speculawyer said:
Where did she get that much money?
If she started 22 years ago and has spent £200,000, it's about £9000 a year. If you're on £30,000+ a year and insane, that sounds about right.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
ragingadamo said:
Well she's been doing it for over 20 years so isn't an incredible amount when you think about how long its been.

She has 3 kids and 2 ex-husbands so I am thinking some of that child support went to the surgeries.

Tntnnbltn

Teh Hamburglar said:
Follow the link...
...and the link says: "True beauty: A bust of Queen Nefertiti of Egypt who is considered one of history's most stunning women"

szaromir said:
Her forehead is huuuuuge.
The plastic surgeon misheard her. She said famous Egypytian, but he thought she said famous Barbadian.

Forkball

Major failure by OP. Come on man, just come on.

But yeah, what a waste of money. If you're crazy and rich, there are much cooler things to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom