• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm |OT| Dick-Tits

KaYotiX

Banned
IN Act 5 and having a blast, the devs know the game is over the top and play it to its strengths. The dialog is so action movie "bro" stuff but in a good way :)

Loving the skill shots also, i hope DLC is inc also.

Fjordson

About halfway through Act 3 and I'm having a blast. That's really the thing first thing that comes to mind with this game. It's just plain fun. And I really love Steve Blum who does a fantastic job as Grayson.

He had some great lines during the
section where you're controlling the big robot dinosaur thing. R.I.P. Waggleton Tallylicker. Oh, and the Boneduster is sexy as hell.

Haven't even delved into the multiplayer. I'll have to do that tomorrow.

Streeeam

Neo Member
This game is amazing. I've been playing it ever since I picked it.

Multiplayer is alright - You must have a good team to advance through waves.

ssowinski

Kinspiracy said:
As I traversed the early levels, I got an Enslaved vibe from the game. Same kind of desolate, beautiful world. Loving how you kill the mini-bosses that have plates on their asses, and definitely a good call by them to tone down the boobs on the main girl. She looks like an actual woman. Shocking.

So did I.

Built on the same engine

Papercuts said:
The graphics in act 3 were damn good. This game now has the best shotgun AND sniper ever, good job.
I love the shotgun but the sniper rifle is basically the one from Singularity, except more finicky. I only use it when I have to.

WrikaWrek said:
Game is great fun. But the lack of weapons early on is just weird.

I don't think its weird at all. It's their way of making you aware of your non-gun combat abilities. Whip, kick, whip, kick, whip, kick.

And Cliff was right, they sure do love their vistas. Some beauties in this game.

big_z

im missing one security bot and one group of bugs. i killed one of each in the space port and the bugs didnt make the counter pop up and the bot popped up as a bottle broken. wtf!?

im playing the pc version, anyone else have this problem? i have a feeling im getting screwed out of two achievements because of bugs.

BloodElfHunter said:
Is anyone playing it on Very Hard yet? I beat it on normal yesterday and thought it was a tad easy, I'm about to start a replay on very hard.

I started on Very Hard and I'm up to Act 5 now with very little issues. Even boss battles I’ve done on my first try. When you’re getting hit, you can typically take around 4-5 shots before you get into “Take Cover” mode and even then, you still don’t die from getting hit a couple more times. So definitely do-able, I was expecting something close to Gears level on Insanity or something.

The Lamonster said:
Probably picking this up today for Xbox; is every copy out there the Epic Edition or will that be hard to find?
They are claiming that stores are running out, but all the first runs are the epic edition.

Heysoos

The Lamonster said:
Probably picking this up today for Xbox; is every copy out there the Epic Edition or will that be hard to find?

You shouldn't have a problem finding the Epic Edition. At least not in the first couple of weeks really.

Anyways, beat the game last night, had such a blast through the whole campaign. I do have a question though, how does starting a new game work? Do you lose all your weapons/upgrades? I still need to do some skillshots for 100% of single player skillshots and I missed some of the campaign related ones.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
how about activation? Can I buy retail, play and then trade-in if I don't get on with it (feels like I might like it but unsure about a blind buy). PC version

mrklaw said:
how about activation? Can I buy retail, play and then trade-in if I don't get on with it (feels like I might like it but unsure about a blind buy). PC version

There is a CD Key that activates via Games For Windows Live and allows, from what I've heard, 10 installs. But I also don’t know of any stores that are going to allow you to trade in used PC games.

Neuromancer said:
I love the shotgun but the sniper rifle is basically the one from Singularity, except more finicky. I only use it when I have to.
If I had one complaint so far it'd be the sniping parts it really detracts from the flow of the game.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
ThingontheFloor said:
There is a CD Key that activates via Games For Windows Live and allows, from what I've heard, 10 installs. But I also don’t know of any stores that are going to allow you to trade in used PC games.

arse. Might rent the PS3 version then..

Heysoos said:
You shouldn't have a problem finding the Epic Edition. At least not in the first couple of weeks really.

Anyways, beat the game last night, had such a blast through the whole campaign. I do have a question though, how does starting a new game work? Do you lose all your weapons/upgrades? I still need to do some skillshots for 100% of single player skillshots and I missed some of the campaign related ones.

It takes away your weapons, but not any collectibles and skill shots.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Neuromancer said:

I think it's the fact that the charge shot is so hilarious, I love just dragging people around into each other.

eek5

practice02 said:
If I had one complaint so far it'd be the sniping parts it really detracts from the flow of the game.
I would be fine with it if the enemy didn't try to dodge out of the way

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
CliffyB said:
Didn't a news outlet claim 5 hours total for the sp? :)

Had a customer buy the game at 10am when I opened my store. He traded it in around 4-5pm after he finished it.

So, roughly around there. lol

I had a ton of fun with the demo, but this game strikes me as "Buy on Steam sale for $15" type of buy. So, I'll do that.

Grr, why does this not unlock until 7pm tomorrow on steam in the UK? Was hoping it'd be up from midnight tonight which is how it usually works. Also getting a bit worried hearing about these issues with the pc version.

Zeliard

Are other people having problems where they're getting caught in scenery and have to restart from a checkpoint? Couple of times I've had to restart the entire chapter because the checkpoint hit after I got stuck.

Wonderful game otherwise, as entirely expected from People Can Fly, and it's handsome as well. I adore the brisk feel of movement from their games and the precision of the shooting. So much obvious Quake influence with those guys, dating back to Painkiller. Cliffy hates on Quake, though. :(

Barrett2

Zeliard said:
Are other people having problems where they're getting caught in scenery and have to restart from a checkpoint? Couple of times I've had to restart the entire chapter because the checkpoint hit after I got stuck.

Wonderful game otherwise, as entirely expected from People Can Fly, and it's handsome as well. I adore the brisk feel of movement from their games and the precision of the shooting. So much obvious Quake influence with those guys, dating back to Painkiller. Cliffy hates on Quake, though. :(
Yes, I've gotten stuck on geometry a handful of times.

Any other game, I would rage. But this damn game is so good, i just can't stay mad at it.

S1kkZ

CliffyB said:
Didn't a news outlet claim 5 hours total for the sp? :)
i still dont get how you can finish the game in under 6 hours...

anyway: is there a way to unlock the later guns in the earlier levels? i want to use the drill in some other levels (like in the BOOM trailer).

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Air Zombie Meat said:
Grr, why does this not unlock until 7pm tomorrow on steam in the UK? Was hoping it'd be up from midnight tonight which is how it usually works. Also getting a bit worried hearing about these issues with the pc version.

I just looked at my d2d account and it says 12.01 GMT tonight, but checking steam it says 7pm tomorrow.

I hate this shit, which is it?

Kingpen

Just to let others in here know. I asked the question before about if Anarchy mode (horde mode clone) could be played locally offline in 1p mode. I was hoping it could ala Gears2 / Halo Reach.

I have the game in hand, and it cannot. Only options for 1p without xbox live is campaign and echos.

Zeliard

D2M15 said:
What the fuck.

This has now topped 'No Jill of the Jungle revival' on my list of grudges.

Well, Quake 1 at least. Of course, that just makes it worse since that's the best one. :D Ah, the pure glory that was Quakeworld.

I think he's had good things to say about Quake 3.

zam

Fineshed the game yesterday, been trying out Anarchy-mode today and it's loads of fun, nice little twist on the usual horde-mode in that you actually have to communicate and work together to get enough points to advance. So far it's a little annoying playing with randoms who completely fuck up team challenges.

Could use some decent people to play anarchy with, cause I can imagine how fun it would be to play with 4 players that know what they are doing and communicate, so far it's been me and a friend with two randoms. Add me on Xbox Live if you want to get some Anarchy on (GT=z4m)

Corky said:
I just looked at my d2d account and it says 12.01 GMT tonight, but checking steam it says 7pm tomorrow.

I hate this shit, which is it?

Sounds like d2d have got it right, no idea why the 7pm thing on steam. Factoring in the time to download I probably wont be able to play it until saturday now. :-/

Wizman23

Banned
The thing about this game is that once it clicks it really hooks you and becomes Grade A gaming crack. Everything just feels right. Even popping dudes heads off in the distance with the pistol is pure bliss. Pulling off a move that kills a ton of dudes and fills your screen will skill shot descriptions, gibs, and gore has been one of the highlights of this generation for me. I also like the fact that if you ready your power shot and switch weapons your power shot stays loaded. This simple mechanic makes for some pretty kick ass combos. I do agree with what people are saying about the sniper. Its cool and all but it pulls you away from the balls to the wall action.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Air Zombie Meat said:
Sounds like d2d have got it right, no idea why the 7pm thing on steam. Factoring in the time to download I probably wont be able to play it until saturday now. :-/

I still don't know why I can't preload this though...

mrklaw said:
arse. Might rent the PS3 version then..

Hate to say it because I like this game enough that I'd recommend the full game purchase to support the publisher, but if you're on the fence and/or short on cash, renting is the way to go. Especially for a lot of these single player focused FPS games that you might run through once and never touch again. In reference to what the guy above me said, about a customer buying it at 10am and trading it in by 5pm, that's a gigantic waste of money.

eek5 said:
I would be fine with it if the enemy didn't try to dodge out of the way
Yeah the creeper snipers are really powerful and they are better at sniping then the player it makes it seem like the bullets don't follow the same rules as we the player have to.

Divius

Really enjoying the game, I'm nearing the end and will definitely go for a 2nd playthrough. Anyone has any fun suggestions to kill bad guys?

btw: I really dislike the main rifle, it's just so bland.

edit: playing on normal, and it's way too easy.

Top Bottom