• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm |OT| Dick-Tits

SapientWolf said:
I chuckled. I thought the talking crotch was unnecessary though. Makes it less believable (if that makes any sense).

I'm thinking about picking this up for the Gears bonus. Does the online mode in Gears PC still have an active community?
im so confused by what you are asking here.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
practice02 said:
im so confused by what you are asking here.
Here's some good news for the deal hunters out there. Microsoft announced today that from February 22nd until March 8th anyone that purchases a copy of Bulletstorm through the Games for Windows Marketplace will receive a free copy of Gears of War for Windows.
So my question is, are there any meatbags in the Gears PC port multiplayer modes?

S1kkZ said:
all echo levels are taken from campaign.

So all they did was strip some levels out of echoes mode and say, "Here's a gift for paying 10 extra bucks."? If that's so, I'm very happy that this game was essentially 40 bucks from Amazon, and then after I trade it back to Amazon for 35 bucks, it would have been nothing more than a two day Red Box rental.

Erebus

dark10x said:
Any PC performance tips? Still using a single 5870. Mostly 60 fps at 1080p + max details, but when too many transparencies show up, framerate dives. Triple buffering doesn't seem to work as it always drops from 60 fps to 30 fps regardless of whether I'm using d3doverrider.

Also, there are small hitches that occur now and then. Likely due to loading as I've seen them in all other UE3 games on the PC, but it's still annoying and I'm not sure how to eliminate it.

If I could just turn down transparency resolution or volume a bit, that would solve any drops as it's 60 fps the other 95% of the time.

Great game thus far (just started Act 2).
Set the post-processing effects to medium and turn off AA. These small hitches that you're describing happen to me as well but I don't know if there's anything we can do about them.

SapientWolf said:
So my question is, are there any meatbags in the Gears PC port multiplayer modes?
All I know is the port of Gears runs like shit and is buggy as hell and was never patched properly I can only assume that it's very very small if it's still around.
Kinspiracy said:
So all they did was strip some levels out of echoes mode and say, "Here's a gift for paying 10 extra bucks."? If that's so, I'm very happy that this game was essentially 40 bucks from Amazon, and then after I trade it back to Amazon for 35 bucks, it would have been nothing more than a two day Red Box rental.
Have you thought of going into marketing or product development?

S1kkZ

Kinspiracy said:
? you get 6 extra maps with the epic edition, gears 3 beta, 25000 xp for anarchy and some new skins for the same price. the epic edition is not more expensive (i think the first shipping is only the epic edition).

Nice, with the $20 credit I got from Amazon, picked up Medal of Honor today for free after the Gold Box Deal. Not bad, Amazon. Not bad at all.

backflip10019 said:
Nice, with the $20 credit I got from Amazon, picked up Medal of Honor today for free after the Gold Box Deal. Not bad, Amazon. Not bad at all.
Good choice, I liked the SP campaign in that a lot. No dick tits, though.

Kinspiracy said:
OK, I finally got it from Amazon today and it came with the code for all the online and extra bits (that are all on the disc, btw...hate this generation), but am wondering if anyone that's played the full game can answer if those 6 extra Echo levels are from areas in the game or are they stand-alone? I don't want to spoil anything by playing them prior to going through the whole campaign.
You probably shouldn't be doing any of the echo levels until you've gone through the campaign, in fact the game warns you about it.

Lothars

Kinspiracy said:

the game was 59.99, it's not 10 dollars more, it's basically for buying the game day one.

IronRinn

backflip10019 said:

Still peeved that I didn't notice that there was no credit with the PC version. Ugh.

Also, for those who have the PC version and have been having trouble with performance Ars Technica has an article on how to get to and edit the .ini files. It involves downloaded an editor as People Can Fly seem to have decided to encrypt them at the last minute.

CyReN

Does anybody know if the beta is from the activated code the Epic Edition came with or is the beta on the disk itself? I'm a bit strapped for cash and after I beat this I want to sell then rebuy/rent down the road for the Gears of War 3 beta.

Enjoying the game so far, controlling this robotic dinosaur is fun[

Teknoman

SapientWolf said:
I chuckled. I thought the talking crotch was unnecessary though. Makes it less believable (if that makes any sense).

I'm thinking about picking this up for the Gears bonus. Does the online mode in Gears PC still have an active community?

Its the "classic two kids standing on top of each other to look like an adult" gag. The "funny" part was supposed to be that the executive guy on the other end of the window was also two kids posing as an adult (the crotch is the other kid).

Kinspiracy said:

Seems like it would have great replay value with the way the stages flow, echoes, and online anarchy mode.

Also, looking at the environments in the shots...maybe People can Fly should do Unreal 3 (thats right, I still want Unreal 3...with a soundtrack similar to Unreal 1).

S1kkZ

CyReN said:
Does anybody know if the beta is from the activated code the Epic Edition came with or is the beta on the disk itself? I'm a bit strapped for cash and after I beat this I want to sell then rebuy/rent down the road for the Gears of War 3 beta.

Enjoying the game so far, controlling this robotic dinosaur is fun[
you need to put in the code and have the disc to play the beta when its released.

Neuromancer said:
Glad to be hearing good things about it. I was kind of hesitant to purchase since I've heard mixed things, but I figured it would probably be worth it since I like FPS games.

S1kkZ

Scarecrow said:
How are the difficulty levels? Is Hard actually hard? Are any achievements tied to difficulty?
hard is hard and there achievements for finishing normal, hard and very hard.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Teknoman said:
Its the "classic two kids standing on top of each other to look like an adult" gag. The "funny" part was supposed to be that the executive guy on the other end of the window was also two kids posing as an adult (the crotch is the other kid).
I know. He pulled a CAD and over-explained the joke.

Weenerz

Banned
Scarecrow said:
How are the difficulty levels? Is Hard actually hard? Are any achievements tied to difficulty?

For the PC version, anything below Hard is a joke. I have had to ramp up the difficulty a bit.

Scarecrow said:

hard is pretty easy in my opinion, you can take a lot of hits and regenerate quite fast. still a lot of room to have fun and be creative with kills.

im up on Act 7 so far, PS3.

Noisepurge said:
hard is pretty easy in my opinion, you can take a lot of hits and regenerate quite fast. still a lot of room to have fun and be creative with kills.

im up on Act 7 so far, PS3.

Normal is plenty fucking hard.

Zzoram

So I hear PC menu navigation is by button, not mouse. That and they encrypted the .ini file to discourage custom settings (although the encryption was broken immediately). Weak sauce.

Neuromancer said:

You probably shouldn't be doing any of the echo levels until you've gone through the campaign, in fact the game warns you about it.

Yeah it warned me about that before I put the code in, then I entered my code and the 6 "new" levels unlocked, and they're not locked away behind some "Star rating" restriction, which made me wonder if they were independent of the actual campaign.

Tunavi

Banned
Noisepurge said:
I didn't like the demo because it was so easy. Very Hard seems just right in terms of challenge.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Normal is plenty fucking hard.
Yeah, I'm playing on Normal (around 2-3) and I've probably died ~5 or so times so far? Most were during the
train sequence in Act 1 and egg-smashing part in Act 2
just because I didn't know what to do or did so too slowly.

Scarecrow said:

I find hard mode to be pretty easy. I'm not a heavy FPS player, but I normally play them on the "step above normal" difficulty...compared to Halo on Heroic, CODMW and MW2 on Hardened, this is pretty damn easy. I'm not even strategizing that much, if at all. I'm focusing more on points and killing dudes creatively, though I do die a few times a chapter.

I would have started on VH if I had known.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
"i always wanted to fuck you... now, you're fucking me"

brilliant stuff!

just beat it, loved pretty much every minute of it. the ending was pretty lame, but everything leading up to it was awesome.

speaking of the ending,
after the credits... just dialogue on a black screen? really!? oh well, cant wait to see ishii and serrano in the sequel

Has anyone managed to get into a multiplayer game on PS3? I've been trying for two days now.

The closest I've gotten is it finding 3 other players, then getting to the loading screen for the match. Then it just locks up the PS3 on the loading screen. I've had this happen twice.

Now I'm just getting an error saying the lobby was closed while searching for a game.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Smision said:
I find hard mode to be pretty easy. I'm not a heavy FPS player, but I normally play them on the "step above normal" difficulty...compared to Halo on Heroic, CODMW and MW2 on Hardened, this is pretty damn easy. I'm not even strategizing that much, if at all. I'm focusing more on points and killing dudes creatively, though I do die a few times a chapter.

I would have started on VH if I had known.

I think this is the kind of the game where you should be focusing on points and killing dudes creatively. I'm not saying you need to play on easy, but they just can't make the game so hard that you stop caring about points. It'd simply be against what the game is all about.

I've done two acts thus far and there's nothing too outrageous about playing on Hard. Those Gyrocopters in 2-2 were a little bit of a pain but that's it.

-Mikey-

I'll probably pick this up on my way home tonight.

Will there be or is there already a group of players on Live? The quick look made a good point of showing communication is key for multiplayer.

I'll just post my tag regardless.

XBL GT: CanyonBehindHer

Tain

Hard mode is disappointingly easy, definitely, so far. And while I like seeing all the ways I can kill things, I cannot begin to care about getting a ton of points in a game where the the entire reasoning behind the points (in campaign, not Echoes) is to buy cheap little weapon upgrades that I doubt I'll ever be behind the curve on. So it's almost like Madworld in the sense that the campaign's main appeal is to see all the various deaths, but with a slapped on scoring system that doesn't mean shit. Not anywhere near as boring as Madworld, though, since there's more variety all around.

Heysoos

So, ran into a little problem here. Got to the part where you get to
control the dinosaur
and it all went okay, until two gyrocopters and some enemies ambushed me from behind. I can't seem to be able to kill these two, I'm not sure why. Am I doing something wrong?

Can anyone confirm if there is a new game + when you finish. I know you can replay chapters on harder difficulties but I can't tell if my upgrades come with me.

Heysoos said:
So, ran into a little problem here. Got to the part where you get to
control the dinosaur
and it all went okay, until two gyrocopters and some enemies ambushed me from behind. I can't seem to be able to kill these two, I'm not sure why. Am I doing something wrong?

Happened to me SEVERAL times.

Try getting a bit closer to dino and also BE READY IMMEDIATELY to turn around when the switch to that side is made. Aim for them HARD.

Heysoos

BenjaminBirdie said:
Happened to me SEVERAL times.

Try getting a bit closer to dino and also BE READY IMMEDIATELY to turn around when the switch to that side is made. Aim for them HARD.

Thanks, wasn't doing much though. I think it might have been a bug or something, reloaded and they went down in seconds.

canadian crowe said:
Can anyone confirm if there is a new game + when you finish. I know you can replay chapters on harder difficulties but I can't tell if my upgrades come with me.
I didn't see a new game + option when I just started my second play through. o.o

Top Bottom