• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm |OT| Dick-Tits

Should I install this game to my HDD when I inevitably get it?

btw Bulletstorm is too generic a name for something so creative. I am forever calling this game Dick-Tits.

Dick-Tits are balls, right?

The Lamonster said:

btw Bulletstorm is too generic a name for something so creative. I am forever calling this game Dick-Tits.

Dick-Tits are balls, right?
Dick-Tits: Noun: Tits which have a resemblance to the male phallus.

Barrett2

I just received my new headphones today. Playing Bulletstorm with them. Good god, the sound is amazing! I can't believe I've been in the gaming audio ghetto for so long.

Tawpgun

So I can't for the life of me get the Nut Cracker skill shot. The one where you use the sniper and hit them in the balls. I could have sworn I hit them in the nuts like 6 times already...

A27 Tawpgun said:
So I can't for the life of me get the Nut Cracker skill shot. The one where you use the sniper and hit them in the balls. I could have sworn I hit them in the nuts like 6 times already...

It's pretty annoying to pull off, I didn't get it until like Act 4. Part of the problem is that they are constantly dodging out of the way and you end up hitting their thigh or lower leg. I suggest getting really close (like 10 feet) and going into zoom mode, shooting, and by the time your bullet reaches them, they shouldn't have moved out of the way too much.

kamspy

yo PC crowd. Turn off in game v sync and use D3DOverrider to fix the frame rate cap. I'm able to max it out at 1920x1080 with a measly 275 GTX and a AMD PII 955. Well, I didn't try over 4xMSAA. With with 4xMSAA and every setting maxed I don't drop a frame below 60 and it fixes the mouse crap too (for the most part).

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
kamspy said:
yo PC crowd. Turn off in game v sync and use D3DOverrider to fix the frame rate cap. I'm able to max it out at 1920x1080 with a measly 275 GTX and a AMD PII 955. Well, I didn't try over 4xMSAA. With with 4xMSAA and every setting maxed I don't drop a frame below 60 and it fixes the mouse crap too (for the most part).

unfortuneately we have gaffers on like gtx 580s that are seing 30-40fps performance with those same settings.

I'll update with how it goes for me, as soon as I'm allowed to download the shit I've paid for! :mad:

edit : did you use the ingame AA settings or force them ?

Teknoman

Kintaro said:
Had a customer buy the game at 10am when I opened my store. He traded it in around 4-5pm after he finished it.

So, roughly around there. lol

I had a ton of fun with the demo, but this game strikes me as "Buy on Steam sale for $15" type of buy. So, I'll do that.

I would've asked him if he tried MP or messed around with echoes at least. Sounds like this one guy who traded in SFIV after he beat Seth.

Zeliard

The Lamonster said:

"Leashkick" would be more applicable than Bulletstorm.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Teknoman said:
I would've asked him if he tried MP or messed around with echoes at least. Sounds like this one guy who traded in SFIV after he beat Seth.

Said he didn't care for Horde mode ripoff and didn't care about high scores.

<shrugs> Welcome to the people who make up your gaming landscape.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
given the fastpace arcadey nature of the game, if I can get more than a 6 hour long campaign then I'm happy.

Plasma

Banned
Got the game in the post this morning and I've just finished up, really enjoyed it.

Was just crazy and over the top all the time, I spent most of the game sliding around like a maniac shooting things with the shotgun into other things.

kamspy said:

Well thats encouraging. How does d3doverrider fix the framerate cap though? Also I thought the cap was 60 fps?

Corky said:
given the fastpace arcadey nature of the game, if I can get more than a 6 hour long campaign then I'm happy.

Same here. Also based on how much I played the demo I'm going to be getting a load of playtime out of echoes mode anyway.

styl3s said:
Since when is urbandictionary proof for anything?

it's like getting facts from a tabloid, it means nothing.
Since when does it matter what the term dick-tits means? It being a slang term I don't think you are getting a straight answer for it. I just presented the website and gave the definition I am familiar with.
darkpaladinmfc said:
BulletKick would have been a nice name.
SlideLeashers

Lunchbox

Banned
I thought dicktits meaning balls made more sense

Like your dick is the head, and the balls is it's tits. So your dick's titties, dicktits

BenjaminBirdie said:
Rick Remender already explained what he meant by it in an interview a few months back.
And what did he say?

Air Zombie Meat said:
It does make more sense but I do prefer the idea of someone having dicks for tits.
And tits for balls! Wait what have we done...WE'VE CREATED A MONSTER!!

Being called balls in my mind is less offensive than being called a disgusting pair of jacked up titties that no one would want. And just the image of two limp dicks hanging from someone chest is fucking comedy magic.

Zeliard

Also, after having played through some of the game, the language complaints were just so overblown.

I've actually found the dialogue to be quite amusing, especially some of the delivery. Main character sounds like Duke at times but he actually varies his tone of voice, and his delivery of sarcastic lines is pretty great. Storyline in general is also good schlocky fun.

The Lamonster said:
And what did he say?

I assumed everyone read all his interviews for the game, since he was such a focal part of the game's success (borne out by the final product).

Basically he and his friends called another friend Dick-Tits because his problems with weight control left him with large bosoms.

Lunchbox

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
I assumed everyone read all his interviews for the game, since he was such a focal part of the game's success (borne out by the final product).

Basically he and his friends called another friend Dick-Tits because his problems with weight control left him with large bosoms.
So dicktits is just fat people

Laaaaame

Zeliard said:
Also, after having played through some of the game, the language complaints were just so overblown.

I've actually found the dialogue to be quite amusing, especially some of the delivery. Main character sounds like Duke at times but he actually varies his tone of voice, and his delivery of sarcastic lines is pretty great. Storyline in general is also good schlocky fun.

I love his delivery on most of it. I died repeatedly on the big wheel portion because I didnt know what tank Ishi was telling me to shoot, so I had to keep doing the chopper shooting torpedos at you. On the 2nd torpedo Ishi points out there's another one coming and Gray says, "Yeah, I have eyes." Simple line, but delivered so well.

newsguy

The way I play games is to beat them and never play them again (unless they have a good online component). I never play new game + etc. For Bulletstorm I was actually looking for a new game + option, and when I couldn't find it I 3 starred every map in echo mode. I love this game.

The Lamonster said:
Would it be beneficial to install this game to my Xbox hard drive?
I install everything to the HDD. Loading times are almost universally faster, plus saves wear and tear on the disc drive (I like to think so, anyway).

Top Bottom