• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm |OT| Dick-Tits

Weenerz

Banned
Some menus you can navigate, but not while playing the actual game, or the initial launch, loading a game or choosing your options is fine. It feels very console-ish.

ssowinski

I know that this goes against everything that the game stands for but has anyone played with the profanity off yet?

I saw the option in the menu and thought that if it changed some of the more juvenile dialog that they game might have been taken a bit more seriously and gotten better reviews then it already did.

Or is it a fun = off switch for the game?

mxgt

Banned
Ogs said:
Whats this i hear about not being able to navigate menus with a mouse on the PC version ?
Yeah you navigate the upgrade/skillshot menu with WASD and space. Kinda dumb.

It's not a bad console port though, finished it this evening and had a blast playing it.

Tawpgun

No but really. If anyone on Xbox wants to squad up for some anarchy, send an FR to Tawpgun.

I'm sick of playing with people with no mics. I've only gotten up to wave 11, but I see the genius of that game modes if you have a group of people.

ALL ENVY DEAD ECHO SKILLS.

Adam J.

This game is the most thrilling adventure I've experienced this gen. I knew from the demo it'd be a good time, but I had no idea that the action set-pieces would be this incredible.

I'm also very surprised how much I'm enjoying the story and characters too. I'm halfway through the campaign and I'm finding that it's not nearly as dick-titty as the demo and press material would have you believe.

ssowinski said:
I know that this goes against everything that the game stands for but has anyone played with the profanity off yet?

I saw the option in the menu and thought that if it changed some of the more juvenile dialog that they game might have been taken a bit more seriously and gotten better reviews then it already did.

Or is it a fun = off switch for the game?

I'm playing with the profanity off. The games dialogue is pretty boring. Just how much cursing is there in any random scene? Cause I'm having a hard time figuring out what they censored.

Lunchbox

Banned
can someone with the pc version take a high res screenshot of the vistas you see near the dam level.

love the color pallet of that area, i need a wallpaper of it

outsida

Finished the game in a tad under 8 hours... I now have double.. no scratch that.... Triple the amount of chest hair I had before I started playing this epic title.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
I'm playing with the profanity off. The games dialogue is pretty boring. Just how much cursing is there in any random scene? Cause I'm having a hard time figuring out what they censored.
I don't think that it's the dialogue that's boring.

When do I get the charge upgrade for the shotgun? I want it so damn badly. Is there anything special I have to do or does it unlock at a dropkit later in the game?

Wiggum2007

Okay this game had better sell well enough to get a sequel, nothing is more annoying then an unresolved cliffhanger ending. I'm looking at you BG&E!

eek5

george_us said:
I feel like I'm playing this game completely wrong.
lol there was a section where i was just headshotting everyone from a distance in act 3 i think. felt so wrong

Tawpgun

Neuromancer said:
When do I get the charge upgrade for the shotgun? I want it so damn badly. Is there anything special I have to do or does it unlock at a dropkit later in the game?
Not sure when exactly, but don't rely on it too much. It's probably one of the more deadlier charge shots, and it will cost you... 1000 each.

Also, Spoiler for anyone who hasn't met character of the year, Waggleton P. Tallylicker.

http://static.gamesradar.com/images...gn preview/Mechaton_LAZERS--article_image.jpg

May he never be forgotten.

Zeliard

george_us said:
I feel like I'm playing this game completely wrong.

If you're not doing much but simply shooting at enemies like it's a typical shooter, you're definitely playing it wrong.

Tunavi

Banned
If you hold Y during the campaign, it will slow down time for a few seconds and its really fun to mess around with during slides, leashing enemies, explosions, scripted objects you have to kick or leash.

eek5

Tunavi said:
If you hold Y during the campaign, it will slow down time for a few seconds and its really fun to mess around with during slides, leashing enemies, explosions, scripted objects you have to kick or leash.

neat! didn't even know you could do that

jhawk6

I like how the game makes you think about how to kill; although, there have been a few times where I turn a corner and there is a group of enemies and I get too excited and panic and end up with a bunch of 10's lying everywhere :(

-PXG-

Neuromancer said:

Much later in the game. Oh, and they're expensive. The Sniper's charges are like 120sp but the normal rounds are 500 for some odd ball reason.

george_us

Zeliard said:
If you're not doing much but simply shooting at enemies like it's a typical shooter, you're definitely playing it wrong.
I'm using the whip/kick/slide as much as possible but it always feels like I'm about to run out of ammo. Discourages me from experimenting.

Maybe I just hate first-person shooters now.

Salsa

This game is running like shit on my PC and it shouldnt. I dont have an ATI btw. Framerate all over the place even with settings on medium :(

From other posts im guessing its poorly optimized. Here's hoping for a patch.

ssowinski

Rated-Rsuperstar said:

Depends on what you think is profane? Have you heard dick, shit, ass, bastard, bitch ect? If so then the are just cutting out the f*&ks. Heard a few of those so far... not really out of nowhere or anything, most seem to fit the dialogue actually.

Dead

well not really...yet
Holy dick-cock, this game is the fucking best! Haven't had this much pure fun with a game in a while

A27 Tawpgun said:
No but really. If anyone on Xbox wants to squad up for some anarchy, send an FR to Tawpgun.

I'm sick of playing with people with no mics. I've only gotten up to wave 11, but I see the genius of that game modes if you have a group of people.

ALL ENVY DEAD ECHO SKILLS.
Request sent. If anyone else is interested in getting a little gaf thing going tomorrow send me a friend request and we can start a party. GT Krugerrand Man.

mrgone

Shaneus said:
Fuck, looks like I'm gonna get this on PC. What's the verdict, DRM, online (plz no GFWL) and price-wise?

Not sure about additional DRM, but GFWL is in your face all over the place. I havn't heard many nice things about the quality of the port, either - advanced graphic and control settings hidden, ini files encrypted, poor performance.. it seems like a real mess on the PC right now :(

Is anyone else running into a glitch that sets all your ammo to zero at the beginning of each chapter? It's annoying to have to buy ammo every chapter.

I'm on act 6 on the ps3 btw.

I'm only up to Act 2 chapter 2, but I'm really liking most everything about it. The story is incredibly stupid, but funny-stupid rather than stupid-stupid. Graphically it's gorgeous (360) and makes me hope Cliffy adds some color to Gears 3.

As I traversed the early levels, I got an Enslaved vibe from the game. Same kind of desolate, beautiful world. Loving how you kill the mini-bosses that have plates on their asses, and definitely a good call by them to tone down the boobs on the main girl. She looks like an actual woman. Shocking.

Gaogaogao

mrgone said:
Not sure about additional DRM, but GFWL is in your face all over the place. I havn't heard many nice things about the quality of the port, either - advanced graphic and control settings hidden, ini files encrypted, poor performance.. it seems like a real mess on the PC right now :(
how you gonna do me like this? godamn.

mr stroke

Shaneus said:
Fuck, looks like I'm gonna get this on PC. What's the verdict, DRM, online (plz no GFWL) and price-wise?

GFWL sucks my ass(load, then sign in, patch, load again, then sign back in-WTF)
Game its self is great so far, been able to find a game online easy(PC Version) not a lot of mics though :(

Nabs

That's because GFWL sucks. I had to disable my mic in GFWL. Get a friend (gaf?) to play with and use an external voice prog like mumble/vent/ts3.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The graphics in act 3 were damn good. This game now has the best shotgun AND sniper ever, good job.

Kruhex

Wow, game is awesome. This feels like a breath of fresh air back to when the FPS genre was very diverse. Finally, interesting weapons again and interesting ways to kill people. I haven't felt so good playing a FPS since painkiller and more recently singularity.

eek5

Kruhex said:
Wow, game is awesome. This feels like a breath of fresh air back to when the FPS genre was very diverse. Finally, interesting weapons again and interesting ways to kill people. I haven't felt so good playing a FPS since painkiller and more recently singularity.

All the ways to kill people are cool but what is blowing my mind so far is the variety between the levels. It is completely linear but each act has been unique so far and has kept me pretty entertained. I'm not sure how many playthroughs I could do but this run has been pretty fun so far.

Kruhex

ZealousD said:
I think this is the kind of the game where you should be focusing on points and killing dudes creatively. I'm not saying you need to play on easy, but they just can't make the game so hard that you stop caring about points. It'd simply be against what the game is all about.

I've done two acts thus far and there's nothing too outrageous about playing on Hard. Those Gyrocopters in 2-2 were a little bit of a pain but that's it.

Yup, for the first time in a while I'm actually looking back to a menu and checking off the list of creative kills as it's actually fun. The difficulty for me is perfect for doing this type of thing while still providing a challenge at times.

Kruhex

eek5 said:
All the ways to kill people are cool but what is blowing my mind so far is the variety between the levels. It is completely linear but each act has been unique so far and has kept me pretty entertained. I'm not sure how many playthroughs I could do but this run has been pretty fun so far.

Good to hear that it doesn't get stale. For me, weapons and kills are a huge thing. Even games like Turok:Evolutions was enjoyable somewhat for the crazy amount of interesting weapons.

Barakov

Just got to the second chapter of Act 2. The game is a blast so far.

This is a nice change of pace from what we get shooter wise. The dialog definitely got a few chuckles out of me.

Top Bottom