• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm |OT| Dick-Tits

nilbog21

Banned
Hey guys I'm having a sensitivity problem. Even on the lowest setting, it is way too fast. I've tried lowering windows sensitivity but it does not seem to affect it.

Anything I can do? :[

Z_Y

Tunavi said:
So I threw together a little montage of some of the highlights from the game, its pretty cool. It's not my footage, I just edited the parts together. Spoilers in the video.

Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSG3R2c325U&hd=1
God damn. Thanks.

I finished this game a week or so ago and then 3 starred the echos. I'm finding it difficult to shift to any other FPSs because they feel so dull. :-/

So I finally beat it just now and man, so glad I decided to buy this game. Probably one of the funnest fps' I've played in a loooong time. When I first saw this game, I really thought that eventually it would get stale quick, but I always found awesome ways to mix it up and the fights were always fun.

The scale in this game is fantastic. The
Hekaton
reminds me of something out of GoW. And the first chase part seeing that big wheel rolling was pretty amazing.

The world itself was pretty fantastic. There were a few times where I just stooped and admired the surroundings. Also, a lot of when you're inside reminded me a bit of Bioshock. I would love another game set in this world seeing how it was before it got messed up.

If anyone wants a really fun shooter, I would definitely recommend this game!

I'm gonna try mp later. Anyone wants to join me my psn is MarvelAssassin.

nilbog21 said:
Hey guys I'm having a sensitivity problem. Even on the lowest setting, it is way too fast. I've tried lowering windows sensitivity but it does not seem to affect it.

You could try turning off mouse smoothing. Unfortunately theres no in game option and the config files are encrypted. This article explains what you need to do. Might not do much for sensitivity but it should make it more controllable.

Monocle

[This post is copied from the sale thread.]

What a refreshing game. Bulletstorm's demo really doesn't do it justice. The environments are among the most beautiful I've seen in this console generation, with their immense vistas and vivid palette. Contrary to my expectations, the levels are much more than a maze of corridors and compact arenas. There are plenty of wide open areas and unique structures and spaces you pass through once and never see again. The music also took me by surprise. I would have thought this ostensibly juvenile game would have a bland rock soundtrack. Instead, an orchestral score enhances the quality art design and intense in-game and cinematic sequences. There's a proper narrative in there too. Who would have thought? Each character inhabits a distinct role. Their traits and motives are clear-cut and uncomplicated, necessary ingredients for an effective high action story. I thought Bulletstorm's over-the-top humor and violence would be too insistent, but it's balanced by the other aspects of the game, whose total effect is as impressive as any recent entry in a bestselling FPS series.

Bulletstorm's gameplay, like the rest of the game, is deeper than one would expect. Each and every gun is useful, with attributes and mechanics all their own, from your standard assault rifle that hobbles fast enemies, consistently deals solid damage, and complements any weapon set to your wacky (and in practice brutally efficient) contraptions like an explosive bolo launcher that trips up enemies, thins out crowds with area-of-effect damage, and places and remotely detonates sticky bombs. Toss in a set of moves that stun, launch, grapple, and freeze opponents, the better to blast them to shreds or send them careening into nasty bits of the environment, along with a points-as-currency system that rewards creative kills, and you have one of the most satisfying and enjoyable shooters of the last decade.

---

If you like FPSs and you haven't bought this game yet, you're missing out!

Well said Monocle. More people need to buy this game. Pains me to see so many get the wrong idea and write it off. Seems like most people who do actually play it end up loving it. Still find myself going back to echo mode regularly after playing through it a couple of times.

Karram

MMaRsu said:
What's bad about the upgrade system/buying ammo and the checkpoint?
I Think the upgrade system is lacking, there aren't so much stuff to choose from. The secondary fire is cool but I don't think it is something that I've to buy instead it should just come with the weapon. I usually hate buying ammo in all video games so I think that's not the game's fault.

Checkpoints in some areas are too far away but that's not the main issue The issue is losing the new skill shots you aquired after dying and having to try getting them all again. Also the The sniper sucks ass.

NIN90

nilbog21 said:

Had the same problem. You need to mess with the MouseSensitivity= line in the StormInput file.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished. Best action-based game since Bayonetta. Fantastic on nearly every level.

I'm in awe of People Can Fly.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I finished this earlier and loved it. Up to lvl 35 in Anarchy too which is also quite fun, but one idiot can just ruin it and make passing some waves impossible.

Ran into 3 bugs too which forced me to restart which was a shame, but no big deal.

MMaRsu

eternaLightness said:
So I finally beat it just now and man, so glad I decided to buy this game. Probably one of the funnest fps' I've played in a loooong time. When I first saw this game, I really thought that eventually it would get stale quick, but I always found awesome ways to mix it up and the fights were always fun.

The scale in this game is fantastic. The
Hekaton
reminds me of something out of GoW. And the first chase part seeing that big wheel rolling was pretty amazing.

The world itself was pretty fantastic. There were a few times where I just stooped and admired the surroundings. Also, a lot of when you're inside reminded me a bit of Bioshock. I would love another game set in this world seeing how it was before it got messed up.

If anyone wants a really fun shooter, I would definitely recommend this game!

I'm gonna try mp later. Anyone wants to join me my psn is MarvelAssassin.

You still wanna play some today?

Rur0ni

This is a damn good game. Very nice variety in kills, good dialog. The general was fantastic. Easily a must buy. Will pre-order sequel.

-PXG-

Good seeing GAF giving this game the love it deserves. It's more than a dudebro, juvenille shooter or a shell for the Gears 3 beta. I had a blast with it. I'm considering doing another playthrough.

KingStyle

Neo Member
First post here, but I absolutely loved the game. I know many will think of it as a Gears wannabe, and it is, with more flare and outlandish fun that comes along with it.

They nailed it with the points system as I was thinking of ways to kill guys all the time vs the typical pump them full and watch them drop. Such a sleeper of a game.

I loved the dicktits off of bulletstorm . Was completely suprised by how it actually had a story.

Loved the demo and thought i might as well buy it on a whim, was even more impressed to find it had a cool story, some insane levels/bosses and a nicely integrated scoring system.

Finally completed the game on second hardest difficulty and considering a run through on the hardest . Anyone completed it on the hardest ? my biggest worry is that i will constantly be out of ammo and my creative skill output will drop.

For the first time ever im also enjoying the speed run mode echoes. Had a few times where i have missed out on the 3 star purely buy 15-25 skillpoints!

Have yet to try anarchy, not a huge coop player so i am worried public games wont truely show its potential.

Really really hope there is a newgame+ mode.

Also i didnt mind the ending, it seems par for the course these days to have cliffhanger endies, certainly no worse then halo endings.

Tunavi

Banned
AusRoachman said:
Finally completed the game on second hardest difficulty and considering a run through on the hardest . Anyone completed it on the hardest ? my biggest worry is that i will constantly be out of ammo and my creative skill output will drop.
Nah, hardest difficulty is the best way to play it, you gotta be smart about your points

Salsa

Tunavi said:
Nah, hardest difficulty is the best way to play it, you gotta be smart about your points

Agreed.

I started at normal and after about 1 hour changed it to Very Hard cause it was a cakewalk. Depends on what you wanna do really. I guess its best to play on a lower difficulty if you just want to fuck around and do the best kills possible.

Playing on very hard makes the game more of a shooter. You have to take cover and it hinders you from setting up crazy skill shots. The price of guns and ammo is ridiculously high on that setting, and pretty much forced me to stick with 2 or 3 guns the entire way (mostly the flare gun), but I had a blast doing so. The flare gun is ridiculously overpowered, but fun.

I loved my run through on normal, and on very hard for very different reasons. Great game.

MMaRsu

-PXG- said:
Good seeing GAF giving this game the love it deserves. It's more than a dudebro, juvenille shooter or a shell for the Gears 3 beta. I had a blast with it. I'm considering doing another playthrough.

I've already started ;)

XTERC

I booted up BulletStorm (PS3) this morning and noticed that D-PAD menu navigation wasn't working. While in-game I noticed I couldn't change weapons and there were two green lines with a )> prompt between the lines. It looks like a Debug prompt, I tried plugging in a USB keyboard, but I couldn't enter anything in.

Has anyone else seen this?

Synless

Wasn't this game supposed to be 60 fps on both consoles? What the hell happened? I read in the LoT comparison they both run at 30 fps.

MMaRsu

Synless said:
Wasn't this game supposed to be 60 fps on both consoles? What the hell happened? I read in the LoT comparison they both run at 30 fps.

I doubt it. The game looks way too good to be 60fps. I mean, it's UE3. I don't think I've seen a 60fps UE3 game on consoles.

XTERC

What is the framerate of the new MK game? It looked like 60FPS in the demo, but its a completely different type of game even if it is.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Synless said:
I will say that the pad quite lovely with a locked 60 fps on PC.

Synless

MMaRsu said:
I doubt it. The game looks way too good to be 60fps. I mean, it's UE3. I don't think I've seen a 60fps UE3 game on consoles.
I must have read wrong an article wrong a ways back. I thought it said they were striving to keep 60fps on the console versions. I wasnt worried about PC because that's a given. I can't remember where I read that though. Oh well, a pretty stable 30 is alright I suppose

MK v DC was UT3 and 60fps if I recall.

Man, this game. It's like someone went back in time and grabbed a bag of Quake and UT, took it to the future and dipped it in sex-gen awesomesauce and then dropped it into 2011. So fucking awesome that it's unbelievable.

AltogetherAndrews said:
Man, this game. It's like someone went back in time and grabbed a bag of Quake and UT, took it to the future and dipped it in sex-gen awesomesauce and then dropped it into 2011. So fucking awesome that it's unbelievable.

Amen. There were quite a few moments when I just sat there thinking holy shit! Some of those set pieces had an amazing sense of scale and were executed flawlessly. Easily one of my favorite games in quite a few years.

I will blindly buy anything People Can Fly puts out from now on (and the first thing better be a Bulletstorm sequel).

jergrah

Finished up the single player over the weekend and absolutely loved the game. Such a breath of fresh air in the FPS market. I was blown away by how much I ended up enjoying all of the characters and the story. One of my favorite villains in recent memory -- will be there Day 1 for the sequel.

I'm sort of surprised by how good it looks. Definitely and totally UE3, but the artistic value is way the hell up there, and quite unique too. Very pleasant, and makes the carnage so much more appealing.

Also, best character chatter in a game, ever.

perineumlick said:
Alright, you guys need to shut the hell up already about Bulletstorm! I'm trying my best not to buy another game right now, jeez!
With a name like "perineumlick" I can pretty much guarantee you're going to love it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
perineumlick said:
Alright, you guys need to shut the hell up already about Bulletstorm! I'm trying my best not to buy another game right now, jeez!

No kidding, right?

I might get this today though~~~

perineumlick said:

It's totally awesome, though. It's also neat to have some other game than Gears that takes the whole fleshy shooter thing seriously. There is SO much splish splash snap crunch in this, and I spent 20 seconds just watching half a skull roll down some steps earlier. It warms the heart, it really does.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Bought.

Gotta wait for this fucker to install now, but I'm excited just thinking about all the dicks I'm gonna blow off.

Frankfurt

Banned
How's the 1P replay value in this? Internet on the town i live in is garbage, so online is a no go for me. There's story mode, Echoes, any non-points team multiplayer against bots (like Gears 2) or at least a Halo-like Firefight mode?

Thanks!

And holy shit

battle against killer plant scene to kill all battle against killer plant scenes

This is so awesome.

Also nice to have another game the kid can enjoy watching.

MMaRsu

Frankfurt said:
How's the 1P replay value in this? Internet on the town i live in is garbage, so online is a no go for me. There's story mode, Echoes, any non-points team multiplayer against bots (like Gears 2) or at least a Halo-like Firefight mode?

Thanks!

The game is pretty replayable aside from the fact that a new game + doesn't exist ( Release a patch already! )

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Okay this is good.

For starters, the PC port is very nice. 1080p/60 FPS and I just had to turn down shadows. It looks awesome and it's definitely a response to the SHOOTERZ R ALL BROWN N GREY complaints. Helps that I just got a new pair of headphones tonight. I played the PS3 demo and it didn't seem like a bad port, but with that increased visual fidelity and KB/M controls, it's almost like a whole nother game.

The game itself pretty crazy so far. The gibbing puts Gears of War's meat cubes to shame, it's ridiculous but I love it. I'm still learning the basics of pulling off combos, can't wait to unlock some real weapons and shit. Never a dull moment, though.

Good call guys, I'm glad I bought this.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
double post yay

The multiplayer part seems really fun, but am I the only one dealing with BAD CONNECTION problems? Playing the PC version. It kept coming up during my last match and if it only played like it should it would be so great.

bhlaab

Wait a second...

qtyDe.jpg

WOImv.jpg

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
damn, the characters look kinda similar (male, female, ethnic guy), only difference is that Bulletstorm is an awesome game and not a turd like Daikatana

Beat this today, Normal difficulty. Don't know what to say about it, other than it was really, REALLY fun.

I thought it was a little weird to finish a game and have twenty-something percent of the trophies, but they look pretty fun to get so it's ok.

Time to try some multiplayer.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
this game is almost too good

Maybe I just played it too much today but when I go outside I see opportunities for skillshots. Like I have this prickle bush right outside my house and when I walked by it I thought about kicking someone into it. This could be dangerous.

jintek

Banned
Anyone who doesn't love Ishi, has no soul! :) So far my favorite game character of 2011!

I played through this on 360 and bought it on Steam, and I've completed it twice on Normal and Hardest so far. LOVE the game, I find the random quotes hilarious, I grew up in the South so it's sort of like coming home.

Barakov

Just finished it on normal. This game was really great. The skillshots are definitely the highlight. The different types of enemies definitely kept things interesting. The characters and the story doesn't put it's best foot forward but it comes together nicely towards the end. Speaking of the ending I really didn't care for it.
The only thing more irksome than the cliffhanger was that Serrano got away.

Top Bottom