• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King wants McDonald's to collaborate on the 'McWhopper'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Had some time after an appointment. Figured I would go and try a McWhopper for lunch!

Order Big Mac without pickles and onion.
Order Whopper without lettuce and mayo.

3RHbv9d.jpg

Not bad. Probably feels the same as a double whopper with cheese. The Mac sauce and BK pickle both combine and you taste more of this than anything. Kind of like a crunchy relish.

Fox318

Had some time after an appointment. Figured I would go and try a McWhopper for lunch!

Not bad. Probably feels the same as a double whopper with cheese. The Mac sauce and BK pickle both combine and you taste more of this than anything. Kind of like a crunchy relish.
zkKhveR.jpg

Sanjuro

I read this earlier.

Burger King: We pretty much knew McDonalds would say no. So let's skip every other popular chain, and go directly to other chains desperate for any sort of recognition.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I read this earlier.

Burger King: We pretty much knew McDonalds would say no. So let's skip every other popular chain, and go directly to other chains desperate for any sort of recognition.
But man do Burger King know that, and they have won half the battle.

But I wouldn't believe wendys isnt any sort of popular.

soleil

Banned

Now I'm gonna do this. Except I think I'll leave all the toppings in the first time.

Sanjuro

But man do Burger King know that, and they have won half the battle.

But I wouldn't believe wendys isnt any sort of popular.

The only way Burger King is winning any sort of battle is if they turned this into a national ad campaign. Right now it looks pretty sedated.

Now I'm gonna do this. Except I think I'll leave all the toppings in the first time.

Most of the toppings just conflict anyway. Whopper comes standard without cheese too.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I know it's for a good cause, but I am kind of sad to see Wayback Burgers willing to lower themselves to McDonalds/BK quality. Their burgers actually taste like burgers instead of fast food.

I am interested to see what kind of monstrosities this effort results in, though.

Sanjuro

Maybe I'll do it your way. Looking at pics, I'm not sure I can handle more than that. My mouth is only so big!

The only thing I did that wasn't in the original is kept both of the Big Mac patties. Largely for two reasons.

1. The cheese was stuck to the patty below the middle bun.

2. They are tiny in comparison to the Whopper patty. I just scooped up the Mac Sauce, stuck the patties together and worked well.

Even in this context of charity I can sense an undertone of competition in both companies's public letters.

BK: "Hey I have this great idea for a charity event that you probably never would have thought of. We're asking you publicly because we know that's the only way you'll say yes."
Mickey D's: "That's cool but hinting at a comparison between war and fast food competition is a bit crass to be honest. And don't be such a cheapskate, we both know we can do much more for this cause."

edit: Oh snap McD's said no? Also I had not noticed that PS... damn, the passive aggressivity is not even as subtle as I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom