• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

HYDE

Banned
riceandbeans said:
Have these for trade if anyones interested. All games for 360.

Bayonetta

Batman: AA (not GOTY)

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger CE

Halo Reach w/ Recon helmet code

check your PM.

Recon

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
First Class / Priority are very similar in shipping methods. First class is mainly for very small items and is worth the value on shipping. Priority mail is preferred sometimes as they give you shipping materials and flat rates for almost all of their boxes.

Technically FC is processed before Priority at the distribution centers, but both are relatively the same. Media/Parcel mailing should be avoided at all costs unless you are shipping a very large item.

Anyway, someone backed out of my new Turtle Beach X11 headset, if anyone is interested still let me know.

That was my understanding also, which is why i shipped it that way. The post office told me it was the same shipping process but just cheaper since it was a small item. I have proof that i shipped the item and i bought tracking just to make sure. I have done both First class and Priority in this thread and never have had a problem with either.

xaosslug

anybody interested in this GBA SP bundle:

• Red Gameboy Advance SP (AGS 001 Model, side lit original release. Light marks on outer housing, no marks on screen. Comes with official a/c adapter.)
  • Gameboy Original Games: Baseball, Operation C, Rescue of Princess Blobette, Robocop, Street Fighter II, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, TMNT Fall of the Foot Clan Konami Edition, TMNT Fall of the Foot Clan Ultra Edition, Yoshi. Princess blobette has a torn label, Robocop has no label, the others are all in very good condition.
  • Gameboy Color Game: Star Wars Yoda Stories.

EYEL1NER

ReconYoda said:
That was my understanding also, which is why i shipped it that way. The post office told me it was the same shipping process but just cheaper since it was a small item. I have proof that i shipped the item and i bought tracking just to make sure. I have done both First class and Priority in this thread and never have had a problem with either.
Well, no. You didn't do anything wrong.

The post office here just sucks dick.
I told you about the three birth certificates I ordered. Finally got a fourth one by the time I needed my passport. When I ordered SSFIV a couple months back, it arrived in town, got sorted, and went out for delivery. I spoke to the actual carrier the next day and he said he remembered seeing it. For some reason, it got put on the truck, was driven around, and then marked "Undeliverable as addressed, returned to sender." I called the shipper and verified the address and it was my exact address. No one at the post office knew why it happened and I lost out on a great deal. Had to pay more the next month for it.

I know other people have had no problems with the USPS and have with UPS and Fedex, but neither of them have ever dicked me over as bad as the USPS had in the past.

YagizY

What is this argument of Priority over First-Class? It doesn't really matter and both are insurable and trackable.

Shipping games Priority is a waste of money, especially if you are passing off the cost onto the buyer. I'd rather buy something for 3-4 cheaper and the shipper use First-Class.

YagizY said:
What is this argument of Priority over First-Class? It doesn't really matter and both are insurable and trackable.

Shipping games Priority is a waste of money, especially if you are passing off the cost onto the buyer. I'd rather buy something for 3-4 cheaper and the shipper use First-Class.
not talking about games, read the last page.

Sanjuro

YagizY said:

It just sometimes is easier to have a free packaging solution and sometimes better. To ship FC after purchasing packaging sometimes it only is a dollar difference or so, but it really depends on the specific item.

g35twinturbo said:
I agree.
for a ipod. its like $5.80 to ship priority.
Everyone wonders why I only ship priority.
And I, the majority of the time, ship with First Class. What's your point exactly? Despite what some are claiming here, there is absolutely nothing wrong with sending First Class even for an item like that. In over ten years I've never had issues. If you are worried about a particular package and the value of the contents, INSURE IT!

LQX

I use first class all the time for my games and movies but to ship such an expensive item using that method with not even insurance is nuts. He should have went with a better option for at least a peace of mind knowing it would get there fast and secure.

LQX said:
I use first class all the time for my games and movies but to ship such an expensive item using that method with not even insurance is nuts. He should have went with a better option for at least a peace of mind knowing it would get there fast and secure.

Are you somehow suggesting that First Class would not arrive "fast and secure"?? How exactly is Priority inherently "better" than First Class exactly (sans the obvious decrease in transit time in exchange for increase in price)?

Sure, generally speaking I would insure and item of that value if I were sending it, but the fact that he didn't isn't necessarily that unusual. Generally speaking you can rely on an item to arrive in safe condition the majority of the time (provided it is packaged properly and etc) and yes, even applicable to the dreaded First Class mail. Point being is that while it can be risky to send without insurance, it is perfectly sound reasoning to expect a package to arrive safely.

My point is not whether it's okay or not to ship without insurance, simply that First Class is fast, affordable, reliable, and is most definitely not inherently "less safe" or somehow "less viable" than Priority Mail.

schlew

I'm looking to buy someone's instruction booklet for each of the following:

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time
Bioshock 1 (PS3)
Flower, Sun, and Rain (DS)

I'd only like to spend a few bucks on each, and you'd have to be willing to ship to Canada. Thanks.

We have new items for sale today.

Sales to US only please.
Shipping per game $2, shipping can be finagled if you purchase multiple games.
If you can find a better price, buy it there instead. No haggle plz!

Opened PS2 games.

IMG_20101009_155214.jpg

Rez $20, mint condition. Played once. SUPER THE LAZIEST!
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus (w/ soundtrack) $10, disk is Gamestop quality, has light disc scratching, but working fine.

Brand new unopened PSP games, SUPER THE LAZIEST!

IMG_20101009_155236.jpg

IMG_20101009_155257.jpg

Bomberman $5
Darkstalkers the Chaos Tower $15
Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce $10
Medievil Resurrection $10
Rockband Unplugged $10
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max $10

I posted about this a long while back, but just tonight I've gone through and repriced some things I've got selling under a friend's account:

http://shops.half.ebay.com/ladon100_W0QQ

You'll find my contributions mostly under Games (with a few Anime mixed in there), but some are theirs, and truthfully they price things even lower than I do. Doesn't matter either way, it goes toward the same cause, an impending trip.

I know a few of the prices may seem "LOL," but I went the lowest for my class as much as I could. I don't care if someone's cheaper if they say a Brand New game is something "they've only played a few times, no manual," and it is harder to track down non-GH versions of titles. Any prices that seem high, I had a reference point before to price them like that, and I've since knocked it down from where it was.

Willing to take $1-2 off the price of each game if you buy it directly from me via PM, as long as you remember you need to pay shipping. And I'll combine shipping as long as it's reasonable.

LQX

DownLikeBCPowder said:
Are you somehow suggesting that First Class would not arrive "fast and secure"?? How exactly is Priority inherently "better" than First Class exactly (sans the obvious decrease in transit time in exchange for increase in price)?

Sure, generally speaking I would insure and item of that value if I were sending it, but the fact that he didn't isn't necessarily that unusual. Generally speaking you can rely on an item to arrive in safe condition the majority of the time (provided it is packaged properly and etc) and yes, even applicable to the dreaded First Class mail. Point being is that while it can be risky to send without insurance, it is perfectly sound reasoning to expect a package to arrive safely.

My point is not whether it's okay or not to ship without insurance, simply that First Class is fast, affordable, reliable, and is most definitely not inherently "less safe" or somehow "less viable" than Priority Mail.
I generally would use something like UPS for such an expensive item because even if its stolen or damaged you have a better chance of recouping some of your money than with the post office. For me its also a peace of mind, I do not trust using the post office for expensive items and if I do I make sure to use priority and get signature confirmation so its not in the system too long.

The Take Out Bandit said:
OMG How did these get here?! Dreamcast game!

IMG_20101009_160256.jpg

Project Justice $30, complete. Manual has some bends from previous spaz owner. Disk is in good condition, one or two light scratches, and a few finger prints of someone else. Easy clean up. Please don't blackmail me with them!
Last Blade 2 $20, complete. Mint condition because I bought it new and am super the awesomest!
PM!

I have a $25 Gamestop Giftcard that I'm looking to trade for $20 Newegg credit.

I'm looking to just trade the code instead of having the ship it unless you absolutely need it. You can just send me the email code from Newegg. I don't need the physical product.

MoeB

WTB, please no GOTY editions. PS3 only.
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
God of War III
Heavy Rain
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
Resistance 2

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Allan Holdsworth said:
ebay.co.uk (Location: European Union)

Ah, that's a really good idea that actually netted some listings that appear to be for the English version. But alas, it appears that those few listings were posted by sellers that don't ship to the US. I suppose I can shoot them off an email and ask, though.

Thank you. :)

Seanbob11

Mejilan said:
Ah, that's a really good idea that actually netted some listings that appear to be for the English version. But alas, it appears that those few listings were posted by sellers that don't ship to the US. I suppose I can shoot them off an email and ask, though.

Thank you. :)

If that doesn't work and you're still in a bind, I'll do it for you. Done plenty of these sort of things in the steam thread, admittedly without the physical copies...:p

Have for PS3:
Final Fantasy XIII
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition (sealed)
Demon's Souls (sealed)
Fight Night Round 4 (sealed)
Dead Space (sealed, greatest hits)

Want for PS3:
NBA 2k11
Enslaved
Star Ocean: The Last Hope International
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Grand Theft Auto IV

Request:
US-GAFer that goes to K-Mart regularly gets me Kirby Epic Yarn (comes with a $20 credit for a future videogame purchase) in launch week.
Will add a few bucks for the help, and cover paypal fees.
Of course would only work if said person plans to purchase a vg at kmart in the near future (dunno how fast the coupon expires).

Long-shot probably, but worth a try, I guess.

smurfx

get some go again
Allan Holdsworth said:
Request:
US-GAFer that goes to K-Mart regularly gets me Kirby Epic Yarn (comes with a $20 credit for a future videogame purchase) in launch week.
Will add a few bucks for the help, and cover paypal fees.
Of course would only work if said person plans to purchase a vg at kmart in the near future (dunno how fast the coupon expires).

Long-shot probably, but worth a try, I guess.
will amazon.com not be having the same special? usually they will match stores. i'm hoping they have the 20 dollar credit for donkey kong country returns and kirby.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
DIrtyWeasel said:
Have for PS3:
Final Fantasy XIII
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition (sealed)
Demon's Souls (sealed)
Fight Night Round 4 (sealed)
Dead Space (sealed, greatest hits)

Want for PS3:
NBA 2k11
Enslaved
Star Ocean: The Last Hope International
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Grand Theft Auto IV

Damn you. Why don't you have a 360?!

smurfx said:
will amazon.com not be having the same special? usually they will match stores. i'm hoping they have the 20 dollar credit for donkey kong country returns and kirby.

Hope so too, but Amazon usually has the credit as a pre-order bonus, no? Once the game is out it disappears.

Snaku

Banned
smurfx said:

They would have offered the pre-order bonus by now if they were planning to. Kmart has really been going above and beyond with their bonus coupons lately. Just look at the rest of the month...

# 10-17 Kirby's Epic Yarn Confirmed $20 gaming coupon
# 10-19 Fallout New Vegas Confirmed Offer $20 gaming coupon
# 10-19 EA Sports MMA $20 gaming coupon
# 10-19 Vanquish $20 gaming coupon
# 10-24 Shawn White Skateboarding $20 gaming coupon
# 10-26 Rockband 3 software $20 gaming coupon
# 10-26 The Sims 3 $20 gaming coupon
# 10-26 Star Wars Force Unleashed II $20 gaming coupon
# 10-26 Fable III $20 gaming coupon
# 10-26 WWE Smackdown 2011 $20 gaming coupon

Looking to sell:

HRAP EX w Sanwa parts $100 (Xbox joystick)

HRAP EX SE $100 (Xbox Joystick)

HRAP 3 Amazon Edition w all Sanwa $100 (PS3 joystick) Box is not in perfect condition

Madcatz SFIV TE PS3 $90

Madcatz SFIV TE Xbox $90

Madcatz MVC2 TE Xbox $90

Madcatz SFIV SE PS3 w all Sanwa $50

Qanba Arcade Fightstick 2 PS3 $90

Qanba Arcade Fightstick 2 Xbox $90

I'll post pictures later.

I'll take obo (but only within reason), all of the sticks are practically new, boxes are in perfect condition.

Nintendo DSi $120. Brand new, was a gift but never opened.

Netgear 614 Wireless G Router $15

Asus EEE PC 1000HA (1.6 Ghz processor, 160 hard drive, wireless G, 10" screen) $100

smurfx

get some go again
Snaku said:
They would have offered the pre-order bonus by now if they were planning to. Kmart has really been going above and beyond with their bonus coupons lately. Just look at the rest of the month...

so you just have to buy it at k-mart on the release day and you will get the 20 dollar gaming coupon? i'll probably buy it there then and i'm hoping they also give out a coupon for donkey kong country returns. i might as well start buying my nephews christmas presents if i will be getting these discounts.

Snaku said:

Why did all the K-marts have to close by me? :(

NoRéN

smurfx said:
so you just have to buy it at k-mart on the release day and you will get the 20 dollar gaming coupon? i'll probably buy it there then and i'm hoping they also give out a coupon for donkey kong country returns. i might as well start buying my nephews christmas presents if i will be getting these discounts.

I believe Halo Reach comes with a $25 gaming coupon this week at KMart. So, get one of those upcoming games even cheaper and with another coupon as well.

Snaku

Banned
smurfx said:

Yup, the coupon will print out with your receipt. Make sure it does.

The coupon usually takes effect the following week, and will last about a month.

EYEL1NER

Snaku said:
Yup, the coupon will print out with your receipt. Make sure it does.

The coupon usually takes effect the following week, and will last about a month.
45 days is how long the typical coupon will last starting with Plants vs Zombies a week or two back I believe.

Prices Lowered on everything! Remember, I am negotiable!

US Preferred & Paypal only. PM me your offers/negotiate.

Selling ($3 for shipping/paypal fees...willing to ship to other countries if you are willing to pay the shipping cost) (Disk, Manual, Case in excellent condition)

PlayStation 3
Assassin's Creed Greatest Hits - $10
Brutal Legend - $10
Street Fighter IV - $10

Wii
Little King's Story - $15
Marble Saga Kororinpa - $10
Minicopter: Adventure Flight - $10
New Play Control! Pikmin - $12
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure - $15

Nintendo DS
Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2 - $10
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales - $10
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - $12
Mega Man ZX - $12
Mega Man Star Force: Pegasus - $10
Mega Man Star Force 2: Zerker x Ninja - $10
Scribblenauts - $10

I have lowered the prices a ton, someone buy these games! :/

Hey guys, I am thinking about selling my 60 gb bc ps3. What is a fair selling price? Most likely selling to a friend locally but just what people think is a fair price.

It is a gamestop refurbished but have never had a problem with it

Does anyone happen to know if you can choose to ship a Flat Rate Priority box by weight (instead) or are they ONLY restricted to the flat rate (since it's plastered all over the box)?

EYEL1NER

The Take Out Bandit said:
IMG_20101009_160256.jpg

Last Blade 2 $20, complete. Mint condition because I bought it new and am super the awesomest!
Damn, every time I've clicked this thread today and seen this, I've wanted it. Back in '08 I was in a fierce bidding war with someone for a copy of it. Luckily I already had PJ, but Last Blade 2 has eluded me. Decisions, decisions...

Sanjuro

DownLikeBCPowder said:
Does anyone happen to know if you can choose to ship a Flat Rate Priority box by weight (instead) or are they ONLY restricted to the flat rate (since it's plastered all over the box)?
Yes. Depending on the item, some people wrap the flat rate box in brown paper wrapping and ship it Parcel/First Class.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Yes. Depending on the item, some people wrap the flat rate box in brown paper wrapping and ship it Parcel/First Class.

Hmm, I've heard of that. But I could put an item in a box clearly marked as "flat rate medium", but when I get there I would be able to tell them to just "send it by weight" and they would comply? Without having to cover over it? Or would I have to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom