• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
Jeez guys. He feels bad, he tried to make it right, he's posting now, not running away hiding. Give him a break. We all make bad decisions and mistakes.

Aselith

Jeez guys. He feels bad, he tried to make it right, he's posting now, not running away hiding. Give him a break. We all make bad decisions and mistakes.
Well, my problem is the part where he tried to put it back on the buyer and say that he should have been more patient and the acted like a crybaby about him cursing at him.

All he had to do was be honest. Just trying to point that out for him.

Here's the post I was talking about:

not ready to leave feedback for Costcosaurus as I don't really know what his final decision for myself will be

I told him I understood his frustrations about my lack of communication but also told that his items are on the way (Aselith's note: this would have been posted slightly before or slightly after he sent the package as he sent it late Tuesday). I hope he receives them soon.

I feel the buyer was a bit impatient and could have at least gave me until the end of the week to respond. I'm a very busy person and he doesn't seem to care about that at all. Costcosaurus actually cursed at me at one point and made a bit of a threat saying I was "lucky" he didn't contact Paypal as of yet. As if he wouldn't have got the money back under Paypal's protection anyway...

I take responsibility for my own actions and understand if my feedback is to remain a negative one. But as I told the buyer, some things in life are out of immediate control. I hope he and I can come to more of an understanding and can do business again in the future. If we can't, I understand that as well :)

Dude seems sorry as hell right? What a heartfelt apology.

MrDenny

seriously, the guy probably getting his package even sooner now than he would if it was sent ground.

Einbroch

Banned
Well, my problem is the part where he tried to put it back on the buyer and say that he should have been more patient and the acted like a crybaby about him cursing at him.

All he had to do was be honest. Just trying to point that out for him.

Here's the post I was talking about:

Dude seems sorry as hell right? What a heartfelt apology.

So give him negative feedback and let him be. You're just piling on him. This is why you guys have feedback. Look up someone, they're on the negative list, don't do business with them.

It's not like he took money and ran. It's not like he sent an obviously pre-defective item. It's not like he waited weeks/months to send out the item. He didn't communicate with someone in a timely manner and sent out an item a few days late. Should he have communicated this to the buyer? Yes. But let's get some perspective here. The interrogation and belittling of someone for something like this is just not cool. He knows all of this, he said so himself.

Enough's enough.

Aselith

So give him negative feedback and let him be. You're just piling on him. This is why you guys have feedback. Look up someone, they're on the negative list, don't do business with them.

It's not like he took money and ran. It's not like he sent an obviously pre-defective item. It's not like he waited weeks/months to send out the item. He didn't communicate with someone in a timely manner.

Enough's enough.
What can I say? I enjoy pointing out a bullshit artist when I can. I was the only one going at him so no one was piling on. It annoyed me that he made Costcosaurus seem like the bad guy for sympathy especially since he lied in his initial "apology" response that I quoted.

As I told him I wanted to get it out Friday or Saturday but didn't get that opportunity as I was very busy. We got the items out late Tuesday afternoon.

What?!

You told me they were sent out Monday. This probably explains why I didn't get my package today, because it was sent out LATE on Tuesday. Since being shipped out late on that day doesn't count, I think I should definitely have it by Monday. If not, then something is definitely wrong with the shipment.

I don't feel what Aselith is doing is right, especially considering it's not him I did business with. No need to run me into the ground over something that was none of your concern to begin with. I've accepted my faults and have made it clear I deserve whatever feedback is coming to me.

I can clearly sense emotion and anger from someone who has probably been screwed over through online transactions before, but I'm not that guy. Just a few mistakes and now I'm paying the price. I do feel sorry. This wasn't the best way to conduct business with someone and it will NOT happen again.

What?!

You told me they were sent out Monday. This probably explains why I didn't get my package today, because it was sent out LATE on Tuesday. Since being shipped out late on that day doesn't count, I think I should definitely have it by Monday. If not, then something is definitely wrong with the shipment.

This is one of those cases where if want something done right, you'll have to do it yourself. This is what I was told as well but not how things went unfortunately. My mistake

Aselith

I don't feel what Aselith is doing is right, especially considering it's not him I did business with. No need to run me into the ground over something that was none of your concern to begin with. I've accepted my faults and have made it clear I deserve whatever feedback is coming to me.

I can clearly sense emotion and anger from someone who has probably been screwed over through online transactions before, but I'm not that guy. Just a few mistakes and now I'm paying the price. I do feel sorry. This wasn't the best way to conduct business with someone and it will NOT happen again.

I have not ever been screwed in a transaction I've done here and that's why I called you out. This is a nice place to do business. People are polite and up front about whats happening and that's awesome. Their descriptions match the product and that's priceless (ebay is lousy with people who have Like New stuff in ratty condition.) They also ship stuff on time and let you know if there's a problem.

I don't appreciate members screwing around with other people here, it's that simple.

I'm glad it won't happen again, that's all I wanted not to make you feel like shit. You already should. It should feel good to tell the truth now that you've turned over a new leaf. All of this is out in the open now.

Yeah, I agree. It probably does come off like I'm messing with the buyer. Won't deny that for a second. My first deal on here went ultra smooth and this is just terrible luck and poor business practices on my part.

RoylAsult

so i found something interested. i was going through my old Psone games and i came across the disney game Tarzan. I was looking through the manual and found that it was signed by Naia Kelly who is the voice actor of Jane in the game (i dont know about the actual movie).

Do you think this is worth anything, it is addressed to me so.... haha

Aselith

so i found something interested. i was going through my old Psone games and i came across the disney game Tarzan. I was looking through the manual and found that it was signed by Naia Kelly who is the voice actor of Jane in the game (i dont know about the actual movie).

Do you think this is worth anything, it is addressed to me so.... haha
First and last or just first? And commom name or a little less common?

Looking on IMDB looks like she didn't voice the movie character. You might be able to sell it to a Disney collector but probably not much more than a normal copy I reckon.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I have not ever been screwed in a transaction I've done here and that's why I called you out. This is a nice place to do business. People are polite and up front about whats happening and that's awesome. Their descriptions match the product and that's priceless (ebay is lousy with people who have Like New stuff in ratty condition.) They also ship stuff on time and let you know if there's a problem.

I don't appreciate members screwing around with other people here, it's that simple.

I'm glad it won't happen again, that's all I wanted not to make you feel like shit. You already should. It should feel good to tell the truth now that you've turned over a new leaf. All of this is out in the open now.

Seriously, calm the fuck down.

zendavis

Banned
Positive feedback for The_Inquisitor, thank you for being so understanding!

Anyway Lets be serious guys. Going to the movies is expensive. Well I'm selling Fandango gift cards for 50% off.

You can use this gift card at any theater applicable near you. It never expires either! And you will basically get all your movie theater tickets for half price. This really isn't a deal you can beat. Theater prices almost never go on sale. This will be your only opportunity to save money on going out. Send me a PM if you want to buy or if you just want more information.

Full $100 Fandango Gift Card = $50
Movie Ticket Purchase = 75% of cost!

RoylAsult

First and last or just first? And commom name or a little less common?

Looking on IMDB looks like she didn't voice the movie character. You might be able to sell it to a Disney collector but probably not much more than a normal copy I reckon.

first name Bobby

signed it with a heart as well :O haha

RoylAsult

Just find yourself a Bobby and you're golden then. :p Who wouldn't want a perdonalized autograph from a virtually unknown actress.

haha i dont even think it would be worth to sell, i was just curious if there was slight chance it could be worth something.

Guess i could just keep it and be her only fan lol

Chavelo

Selling Battlefield 3 (Origin PC Key) for 25 bucks (Paypal). Can send pic of the printed serial. Got some rep here and in CAG.

Send me a PM if interested! :D

Big Chungus

Anyone interested in buying a Guild Wars: GotY Edition + Guild Wars: Eye of the North keys off me for $20?

Eye of the North lets you transfer stuff over to Guild Wars 2.

Poetic

Good morning folks, maybe you guys can help.

I've been thinking long and hard about selling my PS3 and games, I feel I'm starting to drift away from console gaming and mainly mess around on the PC. I have 13 games for PS3 I haven't even played yet. And I never have the desire to fire it up and play them. I don't know what to do as far as getting the biggest return.

The PS3 is pretty much brand new, bought it in October as my launch one died. I have 53 games, only 1 is a sports title. I don't know if I should toss it up on Ebay as one big lot w/ a minimum purchase or if I should sell the games separately? Thoughts? ideas? thanks in advance!

knee

Good morning folks, maybe you guys can help.

I've been thinking long and hard about selling my PS3 and games, I feel I'm starting to drift away from console gaming and mainly mess around on the PC. I have 13 games for PS3 I haven't even played yet. And I never have the desire to fire it up and play them. I don't know what to do as far as getting the biggest return.

The PS3 is pretty much brand new, bought it in October as my launch one died. I have 53 games, only 1 is a sports title. I don't know if I should toss it up on Ebay as one big lot w/ a minimum purchase or if I should sell the games separately? Thoughts? ideas? thanks in advance!

Try here first at the price you want. Consider shipping within your price.

If that doesn't work, put it on eBay.... but eBay links aren't allowed in this thread. Keep in mind that eBay will take something like 10-15% of what you sell for.

asdad123

Im selling my M11xR2 since I just bought a desktop PC from KMD.

Specifications: i5 520um (overclocks to 166mhz)
4gb RAM
250gb HDD
1gb gt335m
11.6 1366x768 Display
In home Next Business Day Warranty until October 2014 which can be transferred to the buyer.

The laptop itself is in good condition (I would rate it 8/10).

I will be including a Orion Messenger bag made specifically for the M11x.

Im looking for $650 shipped in the US. The extended warranty itself cost me nearly $400.

photo1.jpg

It looks like my love (and time) for fighting games is pretty much dying. I am putting up a bunch of games and sticks for sale. Please PM if you are interested in anything. I have sold here many times before. I have a 4.8 rating on amazon (link) and 100% rating on ebay (link).

All prices include shipping and are negotiable. I can also bundle games for lower prices.
I take either paypal or Amazon credit

BlazBlue Limited Edition (Complete but the outer box is worn) $25 shipped PS3

Games (PS2)
Arcana Heart (mint and complete) SOLD
Capcom vs SNK 2 ( complete but has Gamestop sticker residue) $25
Fatal Fury Collection Vol 1 (mint and complete) $10
Fatal Fury Collection Vol 2 (mint and complete) $10
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (mint, complete and comes with a free disc only copy of Guilty Gear X2) $20
King of Fighters 2000/2001 (mint and complete) $25
King of Fighters 2002/2003 (mint and complete) $25
King of Fighters 2006 (mint and complete) $10
King of Fighters 98: Ultimate Match (98) (mint and complete) $15
King of Fighters Orochi Saga (mint and complete) $10
King of Fighters XI (mint and complete) $10
NeoGeo Battle Colliseum (mint and complete) $10
Samurai Shodown Anthology SOLD
Street Fighter Alpha Antology (no manual) $12
Street Fighter Anniversary Edition (( complete but has Gamestop sticker residue) $15

Sorry for the bad cell phone pic.
WP_000051.jpg

I am looking to sell both of my RARE arcade sticks. Both are in excellent condition but do not have the box. I have the Virtua Stick High Grade or the Hori Real Arcade Pro 2 SA (not pictured).

I am ask for $220 shipped or Best Offer for each one.

WP_000049.jpg

2012-04-30

Poetic

Try here first at the price you want. Consider shipping within your price.

If that doesn't work, put it on eBay.... but eBay links aren't allowed in this thread. Keep in mind that eBay will take something like 10-15% of what you sell for.

Is there a place to look up fair value of the games? I honestly have no idea.

bubnbob

Banned
Is there a place to look up fair value of the games? I honestly have no idea.

eBay -> Completed Listings

Use average (or what you think is fair to you)

I usually place a small bit below eBay because if I was spending eBay value, I'd duh, go on eBay

Seik

Banned
Very positive feedback to PhoenixSFT. Great communication, quick shipping and now I have everything here in one piece! :D

daevv

Anyone interested trading for my mint Gears of War 3? I'm looking for WWE 12 or Kingdoms of Amalur mostly but open to others. Here's a list of games I've played on 360: LINK

Amazing feedback to aristotle. My blu rays arrived in speedy fashion, and he even discounted the shipping price.

Let's hope he sells more on here, I will do business again!

aristotle

Amazing feedback to aristotle. My blu rays arrived in speedy fashion, and he even discounted the shipping price.

Let's hope he sells more on here, I will do business again!

Awesome feedback for FoxMcCloudDS as well! Paid super fast and didn't complain once when I had to delay the shipping for a few days. Great buyer!

Einbroch

Banned
Positive feedback for LastWindow. Weird USPS issues (they still say my package is in Chicago even though I'm holding it and they tried delivering it to a town 50 miles away) aside, perfect condition card and responsive!

Positive feedback for suffah. Speedy payment and communicative.

Positive feedback for LastWindow. Weird USPS issues (they still say my package is in Chicago even though I'm holding it and they tried delivering it to a town 50 miles away) aside, perfect condition card and responsive!

Yeah, that's pretty odd haha

Positive feedback for Einbroch.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I have a code for 1 month of Playstation Plus. I'd like to trade it for Microsoft points/Xbox Live Gold time.

Now that I think about it, any offers will be considered. PM me.
edit: Oh, I should add, since I don't have any rep here, I'll send the code first. I can link to my Goozex profile which has great feedback, if that would mean anything here

double edit: In the process of trading it right now.

For Sale I accept Paypal or amazon credit

PS3 - Gundam Unicorn (JP Version) $48 Shipped
Another Century Episode-R (JP) $23 Shipped

PSV - BlazBlue (JP) -$21 Shipped
WipeOut (JP) -$21 Shipped

4GB Memory Card - $11 Shipped

Nintendo DS - Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butōden -$30 Shipped

Club Nintendo Mario DS Sleeve/pouch (New) -$13 Shipped

POSITIVE Feedback for Seraphinianus!

Quick payment.

Selling

I am still selling one Xbox Live 12 month gold membership for $35~

I'll send you the code instantly once I get payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom