• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdsfx

NoRéN;50781780 said:
Exactly. Completely BS. Also, Someone who has 20 transactions where they bought something is now a "Gold Seller".

It would be nice if negatives were worth more than positives.
Selling versus buying feedback would be fantastic. Of course, who in gods name could handle managing all of this?

well like some of you have said, I shouldn't let this bad transaction affect my outlook on all of you. monsterfracas just blew my mind. Seriously man, you are awesome :_)

i3zOOPOtOv4zl.png

ijwmp95auPeIh.png

Aselith

Hey MerkinMax, it is lame what happened and I'm definitely not going to disagree that that guy was a terrible seller, but to be honest, couldn't you just cut your losses and buy a sync cable for <$5 and enjoy your iPod?
I want to be clear that I'm not disputing the fact that what happened was bad, I'm just saying that you could easily fix the situation. Worst case scenario, you end up with a spare sync cable.

I'm sure that's what he'll do now but the seller kept telling him it was coming, expect it soon, on it's way, etc. He was waiting in good faith and the guy just wasted his time for weeks. Him buying the cable himself doesn't change the fact that the seller wasted his time and reneged on the agreed upon deal so he has every reason to complain. Posting negative feedback is much, much more important than positive to be honest as most people are good sellers and we need the negatives to sort out the bad apples.

NoRéN;50782554 said:
Does it now? Because as it stands
untitledo1jdm.png

the dude isn't in the red.

"Immediate" is as fast as the list is updated.

Don't see why the poster should be Neogaf plus.

I agree completely not sure when this change was enacted but that is not a good way to run the list imo. Before you'd go to neutral feedback (which meant that the person looking at your feedback looked in a separate list with a warning about your actions) until they had enough info to definitely put you in full on negative mode and then you'd be moved into red with a do not buy/sell kind of warning.

NoRéN

Also, Negative feedback section with the Red names should be at the top of the list, not the bottom.

It's more important for people to see who they should avoid.

sandman64

Neo Member
Looking to buy upcoming Oculus Rift Team Fortress 2 code.

Did you donate/pledge to the Oculus Rift Kickstarter?

FdHwjWs.jpg

They will soon (within this week or next) send out Team Fortress codes for an in-game item to those who pledged at the kickstarter.

icdTpEj.jpg

Those that did pledge to the kickstarter and do not play TF2, I am interested in buying your code. I can buy it using up to $50 Paypal, Steam Wallet, or buying a Steam game of your choice. It's basically free money for those who pledged, but who have no interest in TF2.

I will pay first
, but you must have:

• Some form of good reputation here
  • proof that you donated to the Occulus Rift Kickstarter*
*this includes proof of receipts, link to kickstarter account, proof that it is your kickstarter account by commenting/creating a timestamp on the Oculus Rift backers page through your account)

Once you have sufficient proof of reputation/proof that you donated and once the Oculus Rift people send the key emailed to you, I will pay first and then you can send me the key.

Fracas

#fuckonami
The cable I'm sending MerkinMax's way is from a third party Amazon seller. Hopefully there's no shyamalan twist and the seller turns out to be Pwncakes or something, haha.

Sanjuro

I don't have anything to do with the feedback list anymore, so I'm curious how it's being maintained. I haven't been nearly as active as I once was and pretty much backed away when that twat Crisis was doing stuff here.

Prior, I used to have a link to each transaction feedback post and the person's name/date. Problem is with the volume now it's probably almost impossible to do.

Ezalc

WTB:

I want to buy some gamecube games. I need it shipped to my location at the latest by tuesday so please only send a PM if you think you'd be able to manage this. I also want items in good/great condition in their original cases and would very much like if it came with the manual too.

Custom Robo
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Party 5

Keropon

Positive Feedback for Kadey
Sold me a pretty 360 HORI Arcade Stick, although I had to pay A LOT of taxes for it.
Thanks, dude. It was as described but it seems that customs got stupid and cut the box to see the contents. Asshats.

Otheradam

WTS
all items complete. Prices are shipped

Xbox 360
Dragon's Dogma $25 ($35 with guide)
Halo 4 new $35
Forza Horizon $28

PS3
Ni No Kuni Wizards edition (NA edition with coins and art cards)
everything in mint condition, dlc code has been redeemed. $280

Nintendo DS
Pokemon Black version 2 $22

Luminous_Reaver

Neo Member
[H]ave - Legend of Grimrock
[W]ant - Amnesia: The Dark Descent

I've been itching for survival horror lately. :(

PM me if you're willing to trade, I guess.

Chairhome

For Sale (prices include shipping in US):
DS
Contra 4 - $10
I really want to get rid of a lot of these comics, so please make offers. Shipping in a flat rate box should alleviate the shipping costs, I will take less than $1 an issue (on most) on these if you buy in bulk.
COMICS (mostly DC, and Buffy Season 8). Selling mostly for $1 each, plus shipping. Shipping will be via flat rate box. Can discount if you buy a lot. Please check it out! I have too many comics :-D

Gamecube
Donkey Konga, Donkey Konga 2, 2 sets of DK Bongos and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat - Offers *Do not have the bongo boxes, but the games are complete*
Resident Evil (complete) - $20

PS2
God Hand - $20
God of War II (non-GH) - $8
Persona 4 - $12
Okami - $8
Taiko Drum Master w/ 2 drums - offers

Blu-Ray
Samurai Champloo (3-disc set) - $23

Just steal from me below. Any reasonable offer taken. I want this stuff gone!
For Sale:
HD-DVD
$5 each or $20 shipped for lot.
I Now Pronounce you Chuck & Larry
V for Vendetta
Stardust
Blood Diamond (sealed)
Anchorman
Transformers
Hot Fuzz

Wants:
Ni No Kuni

As always, discounts for buying multiple items.

--------------Old items from my old posts that are collecting dust below this line. Low ball me but don't go crazy --------------
http://i.imgur.com/kmuJGl.jpg
SOLD: Tekken 4 JP, Virtua Fighter 4 JP, Tales of Legendia is no longer part of this lot
$15 shipped for the following as a lot: Bully, Monster Rancher evo, Soul calibur III, Guitar Hero II, SOCOM II, Metal Gear Solid 3

http://i.imgur.com/O0bQKl.jpg
Promo cards from Shonen Jump. The second card is bent a little at the top right corner. $5 shipped.

----
Price drops
Transactions are slowing down, please make offers on this stuff. Thanks!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chairhome/7140923115/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/chairhome/6994830678/
Complete games. (make offers if you feel the prices are too high)
Battle Hunter PS1 - $10 shipped
Front Mission 3 - $12 shipped
Dragon Warrior VII - sold
Beatmania (2 discs, "teeth" for one disc holder is broken) JP - $6
Master of Monsters (JP) - offers
Phantasy Star Online w/ Sonic Adventure 2 demo - $9 shipped
OR $24 shipped for all of the non-sold above
PC
Earthsiege 2 (PC) - $6 shipped
Betrayal at Antara
Jagged Alliance 2 disc only
Jedi Outcast
Unreal Tournament 2k4 complete! (found the play disc)
$5 each OR $15 shipped for all PC above

1 2
Sega CD Manuals (not in great shape)
Lunar (have the back part of the case for this)
Bouncers (have back part)
Batman Returns
Dark Wizard
Ecco
Power Factory
Hook
$10 shipped for all the manuals, minus the backing parts. $15 with the backing
1 2
Nintendo Power Killer Instinct mini-comic. Hahahaha. Offers.

Also: Dreamcast Controller and 3rd party mem card (not sure if card works) - $15 shipped

Miscellaneous
Picross 3d (Japanese) - $6
Children of Mana (Japanese) - $6

Tekken collectors box (for 1-5, no games included, unless you want T5) - $10 shipped w/o games
gba-to-GC cable - $4 shipped

-----------------
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-...ki-JQi8/s640/CameraZOOM-20120311175418353.jpg https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...iVCSD2c/s640/CameraZOOM-20120311175434132.jpg
N64 controllers and Saturn controllers SOLD. I only have 1 official SNES controllers, 1 Capcom SNES fighting pad, a third party SNES controller called "the pad" that has turbo switches for all buttons and a "slow-mo" button, an NES Zapper, and a VERY worn NES advantage

-------------

Arla

Want: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [3DS]

Have:
Super Mario 3D Land, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate, Persona 3 FES, Grim Grimoire (New), Fatal Frame (PS2)

I'll trade any two for MH3U. All games are complete.

Nightz

NoRéN;50780934 said:
You're right. Feedback list doesn't seem to mean much anymore. Suggestions have been brought up on changes but it seems that unless you're part of some exclusive circle jerk, opinions don't mean shit on the matter.

Kind of sucks since this thread has been good to me in the past.

There is no circle jerk because the ones who created the list and the "rules" for it aren't paying attention to it anymore. I hopped on just to help out, and I do find the feedback system kind of lacking. I do have some ideas for the list such as separating buyer/seller feedback, and keeping track of the number of positive/neutral/negative feedback and displaying that number (along with different status levels if people want to keep that around).

One issue is that we'd have to start a list from scratch. I know there was some resistance to creating a new feedback system back when we switched to this current method because some people didn't want to lose their "status" in the previous system. The other issue would be getting more people in charge of updating the list. I think there are only 2 of us that try to update now, but both of us are busy so we can't keep up.

Koroviev

There is no circle jerk because the ones who created the list and the "rules" for it aren't paying attention to it anymore. I hopped on just to help out, and I do find the feedback system kind of lacking. I do have some ideas for the list such as separating buyer/seller feedback, and keeping track of the number of positive/neutral/negative feedback and displaying that number (along with different status levels if people want to keep that around).

One issue is that we'd have to start a list from scratch. I know there was some resistance to creating a new feedback system back when we switched to this current method because some people didn't want to lose their "status" in the previous system. The other issue would be getting more people in charge of updating the list. I think there are only 2 of us that try to update now, but both of us are busy so we can't keep up.

It would be nice if we had a simple applet or something where people could instantly add feedback for another user.

Koroviev

Yeah I was thinking of writing something in my free time, but then I don't have any free time lol.

I tried to think of a fairly straightforward way to write something that could "look through" the thread and update feedback based on that, but I'm not familiar with web scripting. I really only use PowerShell scripting at work :|

TriAceJP

I've seen forums who had Feedback a part of their profile, you'd click an 'add feedback' tab on their post (only in Marketplace) and a moderator would approve it.

jaxword

I just search the thread for a person's name.

Even if you don't find feedback, generally speaking you'll find who talked to them at some point.

Then you can ask the people they've dealt with before for their experiences.

Koroviev

I just search the thread for a person's name.

Even if you don't find feedback, generally speaking you'll find who talked to them at some point.

Then you can ask the people they've dealt with before for their experiences.

Hehe, that's a good point...

plc268

Yeah I was thinking of writing something in my free time, but then I don't have any free time lol.

Why reinvent the wheel? If people want a better feedback system, they should just start using heatware. It's website that keeps track of buying/selling across multiple forums, and is well respected.

Sanjuro

Exactly. I started the first list and thought I kept things fair. Some other guys started to continue it, only for one of them to say my past feedbacks mean nothing.

I've gotten over 250+ positive feedback in this thread alone. Right now I'm Gold. Which is nice, but doesn't really tell the whole story.

krae_man

3DO Games
Gex $5
3DO Game Guru $10
Star Control II $15
Twisted: The Game Show $5

Sega Master System games
Great Golf $2

PGA Tour Golf $1
Sonic & Knuckles $5
Sonic 2 $3
Jurassic Park $3
Mortal Kombat I $3
Sonic Spinball $3

Sega CD Games:
Sewer Shark $3
Wirehead $5

32X Games:
Virtua Fighter $3
36 Great Holes Staring Fred Couples $2

If you see a game in the picture but not on the list. It's sold. Sorry

NoRéN

Very true.
Exactly. I started the first list and thought I kept things fair. Some other guys started to continue it, only for one of them to say my past feedbacks mean nothing.

I've gotten over 250+ positive feedback in this thread alone. Right now I'm Gold. Which is nice, but doesn't really tell the whole story.
Yeah, not fair at all. No reason why gold should equal 20 positives and 250+ positives.

Wag

I just upgraded to a Geforce Titan and have 3 2GB 6950s (of various brands) available if people are interested? They all have the Firmware switch and are flashed to 6970 firmware.

If people are seriously interested PM me.

anyone wants XCOM?

I'll trade it for flotilla+super hexagon or 13 steam wallet dollars.

Great deal, if my life (internet) wasn't broken, I'd trade with you instantly :)

EDIT:

I can save it for you if you want, I'm not in a hurry and you're good people.

Very much appreciated, but since I basically can't play XCOM for at least 5 more weeks, I'll let someone else hit on that deal.
Thanks anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom