• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
For Sale:

Red 3DS OG System for sale. $ 80 + shipping to your area. Comes with charger/stylus. In excellent condition, adult owned.

I can post pics for those interested. Thanks!

mug

For Sale --- PNY GeForce 650TI BOOST 2GB -- $110 Shipped
GTX-650-TiBoost-cart.jpg

Card only, tested and working. Just upgraded to a 660, which honestly didn't feel as big of an improvement as I thought. The Boost is a fantastic card that works great.

Here's the spec page over at PNY's site --- http://www3.pny.com/GTX-650-Ti-Boost-2048MB-PCIe-P3372C506.aspx
Still available bump.

Petrie

Banned
NoRéN;102111836 said:
They filed a chargeback with no explanation so just trying to track them down is all.

Wouldn't be neccesary if they had contacted me first.

I shot you a PM regarding this. I had an issue and he did resolve it almost immediately. You'll see the discussion a bit further up in the thread.

NoRéN;102111836 said:
They filed a chargeback with no explanation so just trying to track them down is all.

If you want to track a buyer/seller search through your PM's. No need to publicly out someone's personal info. And remember that the PM system is unreliable and people don't always respond right away.

Even the interaction above between Petrie and Istaerion could've been handled entirely through PM's. Even though it was resolved amicably, it still adds a bit of uncertainty for people doing future transactions with them.

This thread relies on a certain amount of discretion and respect for people's personal information. Airing stuff like this can discourage people from using it.

Petrie

Banned
If you want to track a buyer/seller search through your PM's. No need to publicly out someone's personal info. And remember that the PM system is unreliable and people don't always respond right away.

Even the interaction above between Petrie and Istaerion could've been handled entirely through PM's. Even though it was resolved amicably, it still adds a bit of uncertainty for people doing future transactions with them.

This thread relies on a certain amount of discretion and respect for people's personal information. Airing stuff like this can discourage people from using it.

I agree and I was out of line going straight to that. My honest thought was I was helping the seller and other users in case his account had in fact been hijacked, but obviously that shouldn't be the initial assumption.

I do admit though it may not always be easy to track via PM if you do a lot of buying and selling. I know I for one don't ask what email a payment is coming from, so if multiple transactions in a shorter timeframe are for the same amount I may simply not know who it came from 2 weeks later.

Eanan

Have

007 Legends Steam ROW Key

Looking for 15 tf2 keys, for it, seems to the going rate. Not looking for paypal.

So I mentioned this before and someone here recommended I check completed ebay listings. I did and then a few suggestions here also echoed those results.

WTS:

-Mario and Luigi Limited Edition 3DS XL: $120 (Has a tiny scuff on the bottom of it. I can post pictures to show how tiny it is if needed)
-Pokemon Y: $20
-Both together: $130

Both of the boxes are back up at school, so I'll ship those after if whoever wants them needs them. Obviously, I'd pay for the shipping on the boxes. I literally have zero dollars right now though, so shipping would need to be covered on the system/game. Unless I get my tax return before selling, but I may just sell to a buddy if these sit too long here.

Apparently shipping for a small flate-rate box is around 5-6 dollars.

I'll ship to the US. I have absolutely no inkling of an idea on how to check elsewhere, sorry. :p

First sale, but if you want to check my profile, I'm a rather old GAF member. As I mentioned prior, I'm trying to sell these because I dropped my S4 and now the screen looks like a painting done by an eight year old when I turn it on. Just a bunch of colors. Need money to replace it.

I'll PM pics if anyone is interested. You can try to reply here, but you're way more likely to get a quick response if you PM me. That emails me and I'll notice way faster.

PayPal Gift is preferable.

NoRéN

Deleted the messages since transaction was closed.

As for your last part, definitely. the respectable thing would have been to contact me if there was an issue.

Necrovex

Bought Thief from Yoshizzle. Positive transaction. He is a great seller, easy to work with, and quick to respond. Would shop from him again.

paolo11

WTB:

Castlevania Circle of the Moon GBA
Megaman Battlenetwork 1 and 6 GBA
Megaman ZX and Advent DS
Megaman Zero collection DS

kick51

Banned
Positive Feedback for Televator - there were some delays in shipment, but he kept me informed the whole time and the game is in the expected condition + the price was good!

vocab

Selling:

PS3 - Sly Cooper collection $12 (Excellent to flawless condition barely played)
PS3 - Ar Tonelico Qoga (Premium Edition) $45 (Practically brand new. Seal was taken off to inspect contents. Box is in excellent condition).
PS2 - Xenosaga 1 GH - $13 (Played for 5 mins, so practically flawless)
PS2 - Xenosaga 2 - $15 (never played. Practically brand new with out the seal)

WTB: Pokemon Red. Cheap. good condition/good clean label please.

Want to buy the club Nintendo Zelda poster set from a few years ago. The one that includes the history of link poster. Needs to have all three posters, and they can't have been folded. I have lost mine somehow.

Also wtb the animal crossing club Nintendo poster set. Must be in perfect condition.

Pm me with your price.

Istaerion

NoRéN;102111836 said:

I wasn't the one to file a chargeback, trust me on that.

As I discussed with Petrie earlier, I logged in today to discover some recent purchases of mine were receiving unauthorized charge claims from an associate of mine whose PayPal account I borrowed while in the transition of transferring accounts between my old PayPal and my new one with my new bank institution.

After resolving Petrie's issue, I had to go run some errands and locate this chap I was working with. I wasn't aware your transaction was affected as I no longer have access to the PayPal account in question.

Obviously, it's no excuse and I take full credit for making the mistake of not being too careful.

The one thing I don't appreciate is you lambasting my reputation for something as miniscule as $8 after the fact that I sent you a $18 Blu-Ray along with that $8 as part of our deal that hasn't been affected by this.

In any event, I have contacted you via PM and will correct this issue with a repayment via whatever service you prefer. There won't be any charge backs this time as I personally own this account.

WANT TO SELL

Super Mario 3D Land (3DS) PAL Version
Brand New Sealed - Bought it on Amazon and have not opened it.
£20

I accept PayPal.
I only ship to the UK. All items will be shipped via Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For.
All prices include delivery.

NoRéN

I wasn't the one to file a chargeback, trust me on that.

As I discussed with Petrie earlier, I logged in today to discover some recent purchases of mine were receiving unauthorized charge claims from an associate of mine whose PayPal account I borrowed while in the transition of transferring accounts between my old PayPal and my new one with my new bank institution.

After resolving Petrie's issue, I had to go run some errands and locate this chap I was working with. I wasn't aware your transaction was affected as I no longer have access to the PayPal account in question.

Obviously, it's no excuse and I take full credit for making the mistake of not being too careful.

The one thing I don't appreciate is you lambasting my reputation for something as miniscule as $8 after the fact that I sent you a $18 Blu-Ray along with that $8 as part of our deal that hasn't been affected by this.

In any event, I have contacted you via PM and will correct this issue with a repayment via whatever service you prefer. There won't be any charge backs this time as I personally own this account.

got back to you as well. Dude, didn't even cross my mind that it was you since our transaction was smooth. Even when i PMd you earlier it was because i trusted you to possibly help me out rather than because I thought it was you. Thanks for getting back to me as well.

sgb

positive seller feedback for lemstar, great communication with me through some confusion and loving the games!

Istaerion

NoRéN;102129098 said:
got back to you as well. Dude, didn't even cross my mind that it was you since our transaction was smooth. Even when i PMd you earlier it was because i trusted you to possibly help me out rather than because I thought it was you. Thanks for getting back to me as well.

I sent you a PM just a bit ago in response to this.

As for the other business, I guess that's just the name of the game and I lost. It's unfortunate as I'm more than willing to rectify all issues, but the damage has been done.

In any case, please get back to me as soon as possible.

Istaerion

Alright, I've resolved Petrie's and NoRéN's issue and there should be no further damage done to either seller nor sellers past.

As for my current customers regarding Amazon Prime, you have nothing to worry about as those invites are not associated with this mishap. I will continue to support you so long as our duration term is active.

It's safe to say my career on this thread is pretty much at a close for, needless to mention, extensive damage to my reputation; Ill-deserved or not.

I find it a tad ironic considering the nature of the thread as of late and my posts advocating communication; I was basically done in by miscommunication. I'd understand if it was solely on my part, but I couldn't fail in communicating something I wasn't made aware of until the issue was presented by the two mentioned above.

I try my very best to resolve every issue made present to me as professional and timely as possible. I've yet to have a complaint filed against that behavior, but I can't say I was ever victim to a shoot first and ask questions later situation before.

In any event, it's been a grand time here during my two years of participation on this thread. Many thanks to the many customers and sellers I've dealt with over that said duration; you're greatly appreciated!

EDIT: If texasairhead101 or a moderator can remove the personal information listed above, I'd really appreciate it. That sort of stuff shouldn't be taken lightly nor pasted on a large public space as this.

Petrie

Banned
Alright, I've resolved Petrie's and NoRéN's issue and there should be no further damage done to either seller nor sellers past.

As for my current customers regarding Amazon Prime, you have nothing to worry about as those invites are not associated with this mishap. I will continue to support you so long as our duration term is active.

It's pretty safe to say my career on this thread is pretty much at a close for, needless to say, extensive damage to my reputation; Ill-deserved or not.

I find it a tad ironic considering the nature of the tread as of late and my posts advocating communication; I was basically done in by miscommunication. I'd understand if it was solely on my part, but I couldn't fail in communicating something I wasn't made aware of until the issue was presented by the two mentioned above.

I try my very best to resolve every issue made present to me as professional and timely as possible. I've yet to have a complaint filed against that behavior, but I can't say I was ever victim to a shoot first and ask questions later situation before.

In any event, it's been a grand time here during my two, almost three, years of participation on this thread. Many thanks to the many customers and sellers I've dealt with over that said duration; you're greatly appreciated!

EDIT: If texasairhead101 or a moderator can remove the personal information listed above, I'd really appreciate it. That sort of stuff shouldn't be taken lightly nor pasted on a large public space as this.

I think the one thing you should have done to avoid this was to let it be known you weren't using your own PayPal for transactions. I dont think a user is crazy to call attention when out of nowhere a reversal is filed and you should have made users know ahead of time it was a 3rd party account since as you've seen they can be dishonest.

Istaerion

I think the one thing you should have done to avoid this was to let it be known you weren't using your own PayPal for transactions. I dont think a user is crazy to call attention when out of nowhere a reversal is filed and you should have made users know ahead of time it was a 3rd party account since as you've seen they can be dishonest.

Yes, you're totally right there.

That was definitely my most prime mistake and why I don't entirely blame you or NoRéN for what transpired in regards to my reputation. That was my part of the miscommunication.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame you two for me closing up shop. Yes, it could have certainly been handled better, but it's in the past.

What matters is that the issue was handled amicably. I can't say it didn't do damage to me as let's be realistic... I'd be wary of anyone painted in such a negative light.

Varg

Banned
WTS

Sapphire 7970 vapor-x edition gpu. Willing to sell for 350 plus shipping.

WTB
castlevania lords of shadow 2 steam key.

GTX 780ti.

forrest

formerly nacire
WTB Thief key for Steam PM me please!

Positive seller feedback for SalsaShark - Got me a Thief key quick and at a good price!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom