• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2015 Part 2 | Hanks Got Nothing on This Money Pit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Istaerion

I feel like we should have some sort of way to leave "comments" without actually leaving feedback...
Especially since even Neutral feedback is seen as such a black mark...

A comment system would do wonders since a lot of people hate to leave neutral let alone negative feedback in appropriate situations due to the stigma attached.

I can understand a negative feedback rating hurting a seller's reputation to the point of sale hinderance, but a neutral feedback wouldn't hardly be a concern if people actually utilized and gave them out properly instead of treating it as a nicer way of assigning negative feedback and sharing the same consequence.

If a transaction completely went south, it's deserving of negative feedback even if a refund or replacement was granted eventually. A seller or buyer dicking you around is hardly something that should be considered neutral.

If a transaction is experiencing issues yet the seller/buyer is more than willing to work with you, then its more appropriate to assign neutral feedback as both parties leave on equal standing with no real positive.

As it stands right now, we have people giving the situations explained above positive feedback because they usually got their money back or a replacement at some point. That's not good customer service people; it's the bare minimum of what you should expect when issues present themselves.

Naturally, there's room for change in the given examples, but that's generally how it should work otherwise you might as well just remove the extra feedback columns and just institute sale/buy bans like the current system basically does.

So I foolishly bought a N3DS Majora's Mask edition thinking I would have no problem with homebrew. Then I found out firmware issues existed (It's on 9.4). So, what I have is a brand new (opened to turn it on and find out Cubic Ninja QR code trickery didn't work) MM N3DS sitting in it's original box looking for a home.

I am not looking to make any money on this other than get what I paid for it. I could in theory just return it to Gamestop to get my cash back but I know these were pretty sought after. So, MM N3DS, opened once (pretty sure it's IPS) for sale.

$250 shipped. Why not $200 which is MSRP you ask? Well I paid sales tax, and it's going to cost money to ship. I am not stuck with it, so no lower offers.

I can get a picture if people really need one but it's just your regular shelf worn MMN3DS box.

Also, I have Cubic Ninja BNIB (shrinkwrap) - $30 shipped.
Legend of Zelda: OOT 3D used - $50 shipped.

Knock $10 off the price of either of those if you buy the MM 3DS.

SLEIhbg.png

S9i5ey0.png

wiibomb

A comment system would do wonders since a lot of people hate to leave neutral let alone negative feedback in appropriate situations due to the stigma attached.

I can understand a negative feedback rating hurting a seller's reputation to the point of sale hinderance, but a neutral feedback wouldn't hardly be a concern if people actually utilized and gave them out properly instead of treating it as a nicer way of assigning negative feedback and sharing the same consequence.

If a transaction completely went south, it's deserving of negative feedback even if a refund or replacement was granted eventually. A seller or buyer dicking you around is hardly something that should be considered neutral.

If a transaction is experiencing issues yet the seller/buyer is more than willing to work with you, then its more appropriate to assign neutral feedback as both parties leave on equal standing with no real positive.

As it stands right now, we have people giving the situations explained above positive feedback because they usually got their money back or a replacement at some point. That's not good customer service people; it's the bare minimum of what you should expect when issues present themselves.

Naturally, there's room for change in the given examples, but that's generally how it should work otherwise you might as well just remove the extra feedback columns and just institute sale/buy bans like the current system basically does.

mostly about what you are saying is a problem with the buyer and its remorse to leave negative or neutral feedback, this system works, it only needs people to use properly it rather than making a whole new system...

I'm still sided with the people that some months back were proposing to make a feedback only thread where all this can be discussed, but that's more of a reinforcement to the actual system

Istaerion

mostly about what you are saying is a problem with the buyer and its remorse to leave negative or neutral feedback, this system works, it only needs people to use properly it rather than making a whole new system...

I'm still sided with the people that some months back where proposing to make a feedback only thread where all this can be discussed, but that's more of a reinforcement to the actual system

Well yeah, that was basically my point.

If we don't actually utilize the system correctly, we might as well be issuing bans to sellers or buyers here the moment they receive negative or even neutral feedback.

I had a situation once where I should have received neutral feedback due to a PayPal issue involving me using a relative's account while I transitioned to a new bank/debit card. The relative didn't recognize the charges and, instead of contacting me, decided to open up disputes.

Naturally, I had two upset sellers, however, I was more than willing to rectify the situation and explain the issue. One person completely understood, however, another really, really wanted to give me negative feedback despite no real malicious intention. While I knew it deserved neutral feedback, I fought against it because it's basically a death warrant due to just how little it was used at the time and even now.

OraleeWey

I'd rather have the sales and the feedback on one thread. This way I don't have to be checking two threads to be up to date on the BST thread when one thread does that just fine.

//ARCANUM

Very Seller Positive Feedback for Tawney Bomb!

Sold me some mint condition in packaging Amiibo at a great price! Thanks!

wiibomb

I'd rather have the sales and the feedback on one thread. This way I don't have to be checking two threads to be up to date on the BST thread when one thread does that just fine.

some people think that interrupts the normal flow of a listing thread.. I think they are not that wrong, so I would prefer one, but still check every post here

I've seen people do two posts in a row, like first post is feedback for one person and then the next is for their items for sale

If anything combine them

Also posts like "damnnnnn wish I didn't already buy/own or its a steal someone get it" shouldn't be posted tbh

But then again, I usually check every 3-4 pages (50 post count)

terrisus

I'm still sided with the people that some months back were proposing to make a feedback only thread where all this can be discussed

Agreed completely.

I think that would serve the feedback system much better, and also give auction listings more prominence since they wouldn't be cluttered up with feedbacks in between.

SmokeMaxX

I've seen people do two posts in a row, like first post is feedback for one person and then the next is for their items for sale

If anything combine them

Also posts like "damnnnnn wish I didn't already buy/own or its a steal someone get it" shouldn't be posted tbh

But then again, I usually check every 3-4 pages (50 post count)
If I double post, I separate them because I'd rather not cheat someone out of their feedback and sometimes it's hard to see feedback in sales listings. That being said, I usually just wait for someone else to post rather than double post.

I never understood why we do the feedback in here and suggested a thread once but was quickly shot down. During the big russian Steam sale times this thread was barely readable.

I had a transaction issue with FourMyle about six days ago. I paid for PSN Credit, and an MKX Kombat code for PS4. After paying I didn't get a reply for awhile, and I became nervous and posted a question in b/s/t. I stuck it out, and gave FourMyle 24 hours to sent the codes. I eventually got a reply stating the codes were redeemed by his brother without him knowing and that's why he didn't send them after work. He issued a refund shortly after, so I didn't post any negative or neutral feedback.

I think this deserves neutral feedback at the very least. You agreed to the transaction and paid for it, but he didn't uphold his end of the deal (even though he refunded you). It's like buying something on Craigslist, meeting up with the seller, and then having him flake out and walk away without selling you the item. On eBay you can leave negative feedback for a seller who cancels a transaction after the item has been sold.

Is there any way we can set up a simple website that manages the feedback for us, with admins to keep it in check?

I never understood why we do the feedback in here and suggested a thread once but was quickly shot down. During the big russian Steam sale times this thread was barely readable.

We have the google doc to manage it - it's tough to keep up, but the security offered by knowing by someone's history outweighs the alternatives.

Regarding a separate feedback thread, the less splits that occur with feedback and conversation, the better. We need to have a general sense of community here so that we can function without an ever-present need for moderators, but the inevitable "hey, check out this conversation about this person in a separate thread" posts seem like they would just further confusion and management. Plus, those threads would inevitably move way faster than this one, and I'd hate, hate, hate to keep getting the admin team to create new threads when this one was sufficient.

In any case, what really needs to happen is that we (and I'm guilty of this too) need to cut down on the off-topic discussions and horrible posting habits (ignoring the 150 mark, reposting previously sold items, and horrendously long lists of Steam games) that clutter the thread. I agree it needs to be cleaned up, but managing this thread is far easier than managing two threads. Considering it's just a thread on GAF (so not to sound dramatic), it can be a huge time sink. Two of them wouldn't help that.

And we've added a few people to the team recently, so it's not due to a lack of staff.

Either way, we're game for ideas. Just presenting the reasons why we should keep it together. It really comes down to posting habits and time for me.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
*Paging g35twinturbo/BeatenNut*

lol

OT:

I've been pinging the admins for something like the image below.
It's an itrader plugin, this seems to be the most easy to use function foir anyone.
Before buying fro ma user, you can see there history without going to another site.
It manages itself
This is from my account at another forum

CIhutv8.png

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Where does it pull the feedback from? Who assigns it?

It doesn't pull it from anywhere but wherever the data from profile shit lives at.
It's all on that same server.
It's like everything is hosted on the servers that GAF use since the comments are tied to a users profile (which live on the forum DB)

SmokeMaxX

It doesn't pull it from anywhere but wherever the data from profile shit lives at.
It's like everything is hosted on the servers that GAF use since the comments are tied to a users profile (which live on the forum DB)
Does that add any strain to the servers? We know Neogaf likes to be minimalistic and even then, it still crashes during E3 and the like.

Interesting. My only concern would then be deleted comments and edits - people could hide their tracks. I'd also be interested to see if it counts quotes in feedback too.

Certainly worth considering.

Does that add any strain to the servers? We know Neogaf likes to be minimalistic and even then, it still crashes during E3 and the like.

That's a good point. The less information constantly being referenced or refreshed, the better.

SmokeMaxX

Interesting. My only concern would then be deleted comments and edits - people could hide their tracks. I'd also be interested to see if it counts quotes in feedback too.

That's a good point. The less information constantly being referenced or refreshed, the better.
I imagine it would be a different function like "Send PM to user" or "see more posts from user." Buyers/sellers would have to manually add the feedback.

I imagine it would be a different function like "Send PM to user" or "see more posts from user." Buyers/sellers would have to manually add the feedback.

Sure, but that kind of feedback would serve only our thread - no reason for moderators to create that when the majority of GAF probably doesn't know this thread exists.

If it were to be implemented from that level, it would probably work great. Anything less might not a good idea.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR

Say for example, you leave feedback on my profile.
I can't delete it, only you can or a mod.
so its not like I can hide anything.
It doesn't count quotes because that is no longer the thing, you l;eave the feedback on their profile.
We only quote here for tracks to track feedback.

thats all.

wiibomb

Regarding a separate feedback thread, the less splits that occur with feedback and conversation, the better. We need to have a general sense of community here so that we can function without an ever-present need for moderators, but the inevitable "hey, check out this conversation about this person in a separate thread" posts seem like they would just further confusion and management. Plus, those threads would inevitably move way faster than this one, and I'd hate, hate, hate to keep getting the admin team to create new threads when this one was sufficient.

In any case, what really needs to happen is that we (and I'm guilty of this too) need to cut down on the off-topic discussions and horrible posting habits (ignoring the 150 mark, reposting previously sold items, and horrendously long lists of Steam games) that clutter the thread. I agree it needs to be cleaned up, but managing this thread is far easier than managing two threads. Considering it's just a thread on GAF (so not to sound dramatic), it can be a huge time sink. Two of them wouldn't help that.

And we've added a few people to the team recently, so it's not due to a lack of staff.

Either way, we're game for ideas. Just presenting the reasons why we should keep it together. It really comes down to posting habits and time for me.

I don't really get something, there is no desire to make a new thread to enforce the community aspect about the thread, but I still feel much talk here contributes to the general aspect of the thread, and even if slightly off-topic, things manage to always come down to the buying/selling topic.

be a discussion about the origin of some suspicious Windows Keys (like the recent cases) or even the negative feedback talking, they always manage to help the thread as a whole and its followers, hindering them isn't precisely opposed to that community ideal about keeping one single thread?

I mean, I even enjoy joke posts that happen here, and details like that is what keeps me coming rather than go to a cold list on eBay where no one can talk or say anything, I mainly suggest that separate thread to help the listings survive more time before having to repost instead of having less conversation and to also be more free to talk about the the happenings of the thread, in fact, I love to have more conversations about the many topics that arise here every now and then

Say for example, you leave feedback on my profile.
I can't delete it, only you can or a mod.
so its not like I can hide anything.
It doesn't count quotes because that is no longer the thing, you l;eave the feedback on their profile.
We only quote here for tracks to track feedback.

thats all.

Yeah, that makes sense. I'm sure they could give those rights at an administrative level, but that's not our call. Very good idea though - I'll see what the moderators say.

I don't really get something, there is no desire to make a new thread to enforce the community aspect about the thread, but I still feel much talk here contributes to the general aspect of the thread, and even if slightly off-topic, things manage to always come down to the buying/selling topic.

be a discussion about the origin of some suspicious Windows Keys (like the recent cases) or even the negative feedback talking, they always manage to help the thread as a whole and its followers, hindering them isn't precisely opposed to that community ideal about keeping one single thread?

I mean, I even enjoy joke posts that happen here, and details like that is what keeps me coming rather than go to a cold list on eBay where no one can talk or say anything, I mainly suggest that separate thread to help the listings survive more time before having to repost instead of having less conversation and to also be more free to talk about the the happenings of the thread, in fact, I love to have more conversations about the many topics that arise here every now and then

I agree with you - plenty of the conversation here is definitely helpful. But there are times when the conversations do swing away from their purpose - those are the ones I'm talking about. And I agree the thread should be friendly, so it's more about avoiding lengthy off-topic stuff more than anything else. Just cutting down on it helps make the experience better for everyone.

Essentially, this thread should be purposeful, and I sometimes let my guard down here to post something when I should be paying attention just as much as I would elsewhere on GAF. That's all I meant. If one thread can maintain that level of excellence, then great. That's what I want.

As a community we're pretty good at moderating ourself. Just strictly enforce no posts other than feedback in the feedback thread. If there need to be conversations about something do it here and link the feedback post. It would be just like this thread just without the feedback clutter. I'm not sure what management you mean since everybody does the moderation here, for example the 150 post rule. And why would the feedback thread move faster than this one? I'm not sure those are valid reasons.

EDIT: Feedback on profiles won't and shouldn't happen since this thread needs to be as unofficial as possible and that would suggest official NeoGAF involvement. BST is a very small part of GAF and a dedicated feedback page wouldn't make sense.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Yeah, that makes sense. I'm sure they could give those rights at an administrative level, but that's not our call. Very good idea though - I'll see what the moderators say.

I agree with you - plenty of the conversation here is definitely helpful. But there are times when the conversations do swing away from their purpose - those are the ones I'm talking about. And I agree the thread should be friendly, so it's more about avoiding lengthy off-topic stuff more than anything else. Just cutting down on it helps make the experience better for everyone.

Essentially, this thread should be purposeful, and I sometimes let my guard down here to post something when I should be paying attention just as much as I would elsewhere on GAF. That's all I meant. If one thread can maintain that level of excellence, then great. That's what I want.

good luck.
I've been asking them for 2 years on deaf ears lol

As a community we're pretty good at moderating ourself. Just strictly enforce no posts other than feedback in the feedback thread. If there need to be conversations about something do it here and link the feedback post. It would be just like this thread just without the feedback clutter. I'm not sure what management you mean since everybody does the moderation here, for example the 150 post rule. And why would the feedback thread move faster than this one? I'm not sure those are valid reasons.

EDIT: Feedback on profiles won't and shouldn't happen since this thread needs to be as unofficial as possible and that would suggest official NeoGAF involvement. BST is a very small part of GAF and a dedicated feedback page wouldn't make sense.

Feedback management - counting and manually adding to the google doc takes time for anyone who is involved in it (me, sabanoo, ekgrey, and properpropaganda). Not policing the thread, but literally just checking for feedback in two places would take time. Regarding the feedback thread moving faster, if this one is just for posting deals, then the other thread for feedback and conversations would move much, much, much faster. It would involve moderators more than they need to be.

And I agree - we shouldn't involve moderators, so I expected that to be their answer. But it's worth asking just to know and so thread users know we're considering their opinions.

wiibomb

this... I have found that most of the time we are pretty good at moderating ourselves.. which I find pretty rare for a thread... but I feel the thread has grown a lot since the beginning of this year, checking the other new people entering is now pretty important

THIS... I was going to say this.. this has a kind of low profile vibe to Gaf and I'm pretty sure Gaf wouldn't want any involvement to make a feature in the page, that would require work that might not be desired...

I still believe the google docs work well for now

Feedback management - counting and manually adding to the google doc takes time for anyone who is involved in it (me, sabanoo, ekgrey, and properpropaganda). Not policing the thread, but literally just checking for feedback in two places would take time. Regarding the feedback thread moving faster, if this one is just for posting deals, then the other thread for feedback and conversations would move much, much, much faster. It would involve moderators more than they need to be.

And I agree - we shouldn't involve moderators, so I expected that to be their answer. But it's worth asking just to know and so thread users know we're considering their opinions.

If there is one thread exclusively for feedback and one for everything else including (limited) conversations, wouldn't that make your work easier?

Acid08

Banned
WTS

figma Mami Tomoe School Uniform Ver.-$35 shipped

Everything is in new condition, except the figma bag which I wrote her name on:

Ques Q Elizabeth Christmas Ver.- $65 shipped

Banpresto Nami and Vivi prize figures- $40 shipped for both

Banpresto Nami 15th Anniversary Ver.-$20 shipped

AMC Gift Cards-$25

Regal Movie Tickets- $15 for both

Both of the movie items for $35!

All figures are in super good condition!

If there is one thread exclusively for feedback and one for everything else including (limited) conversations, wouldn't that make your work easier?

I actually don't see that split as necessary, to be honest. Another thread for feedback just means moving back and forth for members and moderators.

At the very least, we can add more rules to keep the thread clean and on-topic without becoming overbearing. I'll see what the other feedback members have to say.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
CAG has a decent feedback system built in. People use Heatware a lot on tech forums

CAG is the same thing I meantioned.
It's just a plugin.

People who have not ran the feedback system have no idea on how much time consuming it can be.
We really need a system that manages itself.

Positive seller feedback for KiDdYoNe

I have to second the feedback/bio tab suggestion. Other forums have them and it helps to have quick reference, makes it easier to see comments and such related to transactions.

SmokeMaxX

CAG has a decent feedback system built in. People use Heatware a lot on tech forums

Even though I like Heatware and have an account, I'm going to vote against it for GAF because I like that feedback on here is limited to people who pass the verification process. I'd rather not get tricked by someone who has fake feedback or feedback from other sources which may not be relevant to transactions on here.

toneroni

Even though I like Heatware and have an account, I'm going to vote against it for GAF because I like that feedback on here is limited to people who pass the verification process. I'd rather not get tricked by someone who has fake feedback or feedback from other sources which may not be relevant to transactions on here.

Yeah you're right, I would love the CAG style feedback G35/beat was talking about though. So clean as its attached to your profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom