• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2015 Part 3 | Read the OP, and Prepare to Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've bought and sold 10-15 things via these threads over the years, but I rarely find them useful anymore. I would love to have it get back to being more useful, and think that, at least for me, what would need to happen is fewer reposts. I'd vote that if you've had three reposts at the 150 post interval and your stuff hasn't sold, you should have to jump to 300 post intervals or higher.

Every time I open the thread these days, it's seems like 50% of the posts are the exact same giant mega posts that have been appearing like clockwork every 150 posts for weeks! My view is if -- No one wanted your shit back in Novemebr and no one wants it now, stop spamming this thread.
Agreed, if there are post I haven't seen I'll go back a page or two to see them. Seeing the same post on two pages is just clutter. also the way I have taken to handle this is use the block feature. Not the most elegant method but for the posters that regularly copy and paste a listing constantly it's better than seeing it over and over.

//ARCANUM

If you don't like how often a user posts in the thread, put them on ignore.

Agreed, if there are post I haven't seen I'll go back a page or two to see them. Seeing the same post on two pages is just clutter. also the way I have taken to handle this is use the block feature. Not the most elegant method but for the posters that regularly copy and paste a listing constantly it's better than seeing it over and over.

Not gonna lie, didn't even realize you could block users. Going to use this feature, thank you!

webkatt

I just bought the 3DS version of Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars. It's cross-buy so I have a Wii U download code for the game... If anyone wants to buy it for Wii U for $10, please PM me.

I'm interested in this. Any chance of a lower price because I'm a cheapo?

WTB Pikmin 3 USA copy. I really enjoyed the demo and surprised too this for $70+ for a used copy. I'm hoping to buy a used one with case/instructions for $50-60 :)

Ventara

This is about me, isn't it? lol

I would be in favour of limiting the number of pictures per post. That'd help everyone out. You can easily put links to pictures instead.

Though saying someone should have to post every 300 posts instead of 150 just because they haven't sold anything? That's bullshit. Get over yourself.

Not only that, but how is a picture of GTAV's box helpful in the slightest?

Gives you an idea of the condition. That matters to a lot of people.

Flandy

I would be in favour of limiting the number of pictures per post. That'd help everyone out. You can easily put links to pictures instead.

Though saying someone should have to post every 300 posts instead of 150 just because they haven't sold anything? That's bullshit. Get over yourself.

I'm pretty sure this is about
Big pictures of Halo 4 and shit

I'm pretty sure I've seen this post for the past 3 months

Ventara

I'm pretty sure this is about

I'm pretty sure I've seen this post for the past 3 months

Even if it is him, if he's been posting at intervals of 150 posts, then I don't really see the big problem. Dude only has 6 pictures, and everyone is free to sell at whatever price they want. If there is an interest in making a limit for pictures (or maybe even a limit on picture size), that would be great. Increasing the number of posts before a repost for everyone is fine, too. But as of now, there's really no problem with anything he has posted.

Astra

WTB Story of Seasons

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7bSpnFJ.png[/IMG]

Best Buy Canada has it on sale for $25, but are sold out. So if anyone has a copy they'd like to sell for $20-$25 CDN, PM me!

jonno394

So, you gonna do that with your next post? Your posts kill my mobile phone when I'm checking here :p

Ventara

So, you gonna do that with your next post? Your posts kill my mobile phone when I'm checking here :p

Maybe. Would be great if it's made one of the guidelines here. Already PM'd nrvalleytime about it, though I'm not sure if he was the right guy to PM.

Lol. How ironic. I've already blocked him.

You say that now, but you won't be able to resist the allure of clicking to view my post. You'll be back :p

Chesskid1

Banned
WTB
The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks

looking to spend a few bucks under ebay prices and to be complete. please PM if you have these, thank you!

also +1 to upping the the time between reposts.

shandy706

Why are you guys making a big deal out of sales posts?

Who cares, just keep scrolling. I'd rather have too much stuff here than scare people off.

I don't mind the repeats. I usually start 6-8 pages back to look for stuff.

Mega

Banned
There should really just be a limit of pictures per post.

Agreed. Said this myself a while back on the basis that it's not helpful, it's creating clutter and makes a person speed past the giant post. I think it's reasonable to have a limit of 3-5 images and URL links for the rest in each post.

A bump to 200 posts would not be so bad. 300 if people are really fed up with the repetitiveness.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Big ass pictures kill performance of mobile devices and data. Even if you quote them, they're still big ass pictures.

Drastic

The problem is feedback posts being in this thread. If those were in a separate thread, these idiotically huge posts wouldn't be reposted every single day or two.

Also, if we have to scroll 30-50% of the page to get past your single post, you're an ass.

Honestly I'm going to have agree with the others here on this. I'm getting tired of seeing the same giant ass posts every couple days since its making my webpage lag like crazy. At least they could just post imgur links or just take reduce the page instead of spamming it.

At this point if your stuff isn't selling after months of trying then you either need to lower prices or try somewhere else because honestly I want the Dragonball z statues and halo 4 giant pics to just be gone already,

Mega

Banned
The problem is feedback posts being in this thread. If those were in a separate thread, these idiotically huge posts wouldn't be reposted every single day or two.

Also, if we have to scroll 30-50% of the page to get past your single post, you're an ass.

Wow... that's an excellent point. There is an awful lot of scrolling past feedback posts just to get to the sales posts. Perfect example were the literally dozens of positive feedback for $20 Rise of Tomb Raider codes that went on for pages and still continues. One long string of feedback posts was for one seller.

I vote for a separate BST Feedback thread. It would reinforce and give true legitimacy to the 150 post rule. It would greatly cut back on thread clutter and allow us all to get to the meat of the thread more efficiently. It would act to reduce the instances of the repeat giant posts in any given amount of time as a result of no "filler" posts to cause frequent 150 post limit resets.

Wouldn't a separate BST Feedback thread also make it much easier for the few volunteers to sort through the feedback quickly? No need to wade through pages of sellers reposting stuff.

And it would be nice knowing that when you check your subscribed threads page and see BST has new posts, those new posts are actual WTB/WTS... not feedback or side discussions over feedback!

Wow... that's an excellent point. There is an awful lot of scrolling past feedback posts just to get to the sales posts. Perfect example were the literally dozens of positive feedback for $20 Rise of Tomb Raider codes that went on for pages and still continues. One long string of feedback posts was for one seller.

I vote for a separate BST Feedback thread. It would reinforce and give true legitimacy to the 150 post rule. It would greatly cut back on thread clutter and allow us all to get to the meat of the thread more efficiently. It would act to reduce the instances of the repeat giant posts in any given amount of time as a result of no "filler" posts to cause frequent 150 post limit resets.

Wouldn't a separate BST Feedback thread also make it much easier for the few volunteers to sort through the feedback quickly? No need to wade through pages of sellers reposting stuff.

And it would be nice knowing that when you check your subscribed threads page and see BST has new posts, those new posts are actual WTB/WTS... not feedback or side discussions over feedback!

Agree, feedback and related discussion in its own thread would definitely trim the fat in this one. I've also gotten the sense of 'didnt I just see this yesterday' with a few of the posts here in recent weeks, especially the ones with lots of pics which kills my mobile phone. I don't want to resort to the ignore function, but damn....

We had this discussion before but couldn't come to an agreement. I doubt that'll change now, sadly.

I would be in favour of limiting posts to one or two pictures, everything else has to be linked.

Even on desktop I have to wait for all pictures to load or stop the site form loading before I can even can quickly browse a page. I understand that pics can be eye-catchers, but this thread should be less about out-advertising everyone else (some people even posted gifs...) and more about sharing information about the condition of items through pics. No one has to see them unless they're actually interested.

Also at this point it seems reposts of listings are almost daily, so an increase of the limit would make sense.

Honestly I'd be up for this all the way since it was help clean up the clutter and make it easier for volunteers to update feedback.

Mega

Banned
Let's do a poll and see where we stand. It would benefit us all. Who needs to see this*:
Positive seller feedback for whiterabbit!

Sold me a code. Easy peasy!
every few posts? These posts are mainly for the tracking of feedback by a select few. They serve no purpose to everyone else. Imagine browsing on amazon or ebay and being forced to navigate past tons of ratings and reviews intermingled with the stuff for sale you actually came to see. It's crazy.

*No offense to these two, just using as a general example and it was the first post I saw.

Edit: and a change to limiting number of pictures per post would still be needed because separating feedback would still not solve that problem.

WTT for steam card code: PSN, eShop, itunes, amazon ect. Japan card codes for $50 steam code.

Wanna buy Dragons Dogma and Borderlands while its on sale, but live in Japan with no credit card so hoping someone can hook me up with some steam money. Let me know if you want to trade.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WTB

Looking to buy the Mario Kart 8 OST that was given out by Club Nintendo in Japan & Europe. Been eyeing a few on eBay, but they're all the Japanese copy, and I would highly prefer the European print with the English track listing. Figured it was worth seeing if anyone on here had one for a decent price compared to eBay.

If it matters, I'm a Plus Seller with 11 positive feedback.

Let's do a poll and see where we stand. It would benefit us all. Who needs to see this*:

every few posts? These posts are mainly for the tracking of feedback by a select few. They serve no purpose to everyone else. Imagine browsing on amazon or ebay and being forced to navigate past tons of ratings and reviews intermingled with the stuff for sale you actually came to see. It's crazy.

*No offense to these two, just using as a general example and it was the first post I saw.

Edit: and a change to limiting number of pictures per post would still be needed because separating feedback would still not solve that problem.

Mainly for the tracking of feedback for a select few? What? So nobody actually cares about feedback ratings? First I've heard of this.

Look, I'm all for having a separate feedback thread, but we have had this discussion multiple times before and I'm pretty sure there were other reasons why it never happened.

I don't really care either way about the other topic. I can see both sides, so it's up to the majority.

Mainly for the tracking of feedback for a select few? What? So nobody actually cares about feedback ratings? First I've heard of this.

Look, I'm all for having a separate feedback thread, but we have had this discussion multiple times before and I'm pretty sure there were other reasons why it never happened.

I don't really care either way about the other topic. I can see both sides, so it's up to the majority.

One of the main reasons it never got implemented was that people said they would be less likely to leave feedback if there were two threads. There was also talk of implementing a third party feedback system to the boards, but that was shut down since it would only benefit people in this thread.

As for pictures, I would be for having fewer on the message body and linking to an album instead.

How do US customs law works? Do you guys pay any fees in you receive a console/electronic devices worth $200+?

Depends how the item is claimed. If it's sent as a gift, then there shouldn't be any customs on it, but if it's from a sale, people do get charged customs.

Lexxism

Depends how the item is claimed. If it's sent as a gift, then there shouldn't be any customs on it, but if it's from a sale, people do get charged customs.
Ah, I just need to make sure that I tell my post office that the item I'm going to ship is a gift? I see. Thank you.

Luckydog

I wasn't involved in the last discussion, but I can see how putting feedback in a separate thread would discourage people from leaving feedback. it is only a "little" harder to go to a separate thread, but I bet some people would stop doing it because of this. There is also some value in my opinion to people developing positive and negative reputations directly in the thread for new people. i know it helped me get comfortable buying and selling when I came in not long ago.

Glip_Glop

Honestly I'm going to have agree with the others here on this. I'm getting tired of seeing the same giant ass posts every couple days since its making my webpage lag like crazy. At least they could just post imgur links or just take reduce the page instead of spamming it.

At this point if your stuff isn't selling after months of trying then you either need to lower prices or try somewhere else because honestly I want the Dragonball z statues and halo 4 giant pics to just be gone already,
Agreed, I know this has been brought up in the past and the majority didn't seem to care, most wanted to see the pictures. As a frequent buyer, pictures are a must have, but I say limit to posting like 3, then linking the rest (obviously with descriptions indicating what you're linking in those pictures). I, like so many others, get sick of scrolling through all the pictures just to get to the next post. I feel this would improve the buying/selling experience greatly.

pwack

100000% in favor of routine, positive feedback being in a different thread. Could still use this thread for neutral and negative feedback.

DontBlink

To jump in on the discussion:

I'm for limiting the amount of pictures per post, or at least grouping the together at the start/end of your listing, so there isn't one picture for one line of item description multiple times.

For mobile users, there is always the forum-wide option to hide all images. You can't really tell people not to use picture, because you're concerned about your data.

It would definitely help if users used lower quality photos too, because we don't really need a 2000px photo of a box; 500px is enough and when quoted takes even less space. I guess the problem is, I'm not sure if everyone knows how to manually resize their photos.

I'm also against a staggered re-post amount; just because your items didn't sell for the last couple of weeks, doesn't mean there won't be a new user coming in and perhaps seeing something they want. We can't assume it's always the same people browsing the thread.

Lastly, in for a separate feedback thread. It would take out half of the clutter in this thread, and as a buyer, you should check for a seller's feedback either way, so going to the first page or a new topic won't be that different. The issue of someone being less likely to leave feedback this way is not really a concern; feedback is strictly optional, even if it does serve a great purpose to the community.

GravyButt

Have:
Assassins Creed Syndicate (xb1)
Forza 6 (xb1)
The Witcher 3 (xb1)

All adult owned and like new. Want paypal. Will ship usps first class free shipping. Send me a pm with a decent offer please!

Reposting w/ prices, shipping not included. I am open to negotiation, especially if you want to grab a few things at once.

I want to get rid of a bunch of Anime and some games. Here's the first wave of stuff. If anyone is interested in taking anything off my hands for reasonable price let me know what you're interested in and we can work something out. I want to sell the multi item series as a set (so Uncharted 1-3 and Ai Yori Aoshi 1-2 come together for example)

List:
Gasaraki V1-8 w/ Metal case - 50$
Cyber Formula box set - 40$
Domain of Murder - 2$
Akira Steelbook (pioneer) - 10$
Shinesman - 5$
Madonna - 2$
Sakura wars the movie (pioneer w/ pencilboards) - 5$
Berserk V1-6 box set - 200$
Escaflowne the movie Ultimate edition (includes esca tarot cards) - 10$
Nadia secret of blue water V1-10 tin - 40$
Mask of Zeguy - 2$
Appleseed steelbook - 5$
Gokusen collection - 10$
Simoun collection - 10$
Phoenix collection - 10$
Twelve Kingdoms Box set 1 (blue) and 2 (green) - 40$
Uncharted 1, 2, and 3 - 10$
Haibane Renmei V1-4 box - Fatal Futanari
Ai Yori Aoshi V1-4 box set and Ai Yori Aoshi S2 V1-3 box set - 40$
Shuffle box set - 15$
Mushishi box set - Mr_Kuschels
Shingu: Secret of Stellar Wars box set - 15$
Tenchi in Tokyo box set - 10$
White Knight Chronicles - 5$
Le Chevalier D'eon V1-6 box set - 20$
Toradora DVD LE set 1 and 2 (original release, sub only w/ artbooks and corrected disc 1) - 150$
Robot Taekwon V (Korean Mazinger ripoff) - 2$

IMG_0125%2001.jpg

Everything is in really good condition and well cared for disc wise and for the most part packaging wise. Mask of Zeguy and Domain of Murder have slashed UPCs (but they came that way when I bought them)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom