• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

Sorian

Banned
At this point, there's little use in hiding my role. I'm an investigator. However, I'm significantly weaker than your typical seer role, in that rather than showing whether you're good or bad, I can find out whether you're a certain individual or not.

In my role PM, I was afforded a certain piece of information: the cultists can be prevented from making a sacrifice for a single night. To do so, we need to lynch a specific individual. My role allows me to try, once per night, to SPY on a single player to confirm whether or not they are this individual.

There's a catch though- that person needs to be lynched before three cultists are killed. Ring any bells?

The moment LoC solved this for me, I realized that there was a good chance Blargonaut was the player in question. I put my full efforts into attempting to have Blarg lynched at this point, as you all are all no doubt aware. Unfortunately, Tucah was lynched instead. I would have role claimed at that point, but I couldn't be sure if Blargonaut was our man before using my night command.

After spying on Blargonaut, I can confirm now that he is the person I was supposed to find. Lynching him will deal a huge blow to the cultists- they will not be able to sacrifice anybody on that night phase, guaranteed.

Today, I was hoping to avoid role claiming- I had figured that Blarg's suspicious behavior would do all of the work for me. However, with the knowledge I now possess, I'm unable to simply allow Coppanuva to by lynched- not when I know now that the individual who says that we must lynch him is so suspicious- after all, what sort of town role hurts the cultists this badly when lynched? It would be punishing them for doing their job successfully. Also consider how little he's made an effort to help the tourists thus far. He's offered almost no reasoning for his actions, and his defenses have been sorely lacking (it really does seem like he's hiding behind the wall of "Blarg gonna Blarg". While I do not know if he is cultist or neutral, I can say with almost complete confidence that Blargonaut is not town.

So what's my xanatos gambit?

If we lynch Blarg, I'm vindicated and town is granted a reprieve tonight. This further shifts the momentum in the tourist's favor.

If I'm lynched or night killed at any point, my role PM will do all the talking for me. You all will know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I have not lied, and you can lynch Blarg with confidence- hopefully leading to an eventual town win.

If Blarg isn't a cultist and ends up being night killed, it should help confirm that at least my reasoning was correct. I'll be vindicated, even if we don't get the one night reprieve.

However, can we really risk not lynching Blarg now that I've come out with this information? If he is a neutral role, the cultists now want him to night kill him for certain- they can't afford to be blocked tonight, especially since LP died. And town, I've done my best to prove my loyalties thus far. I hate to back you all into a corner like this, but I do NOT want us to waste this chance to further damage the cultist's chances at winning. Without my role claim, I simply wasn't persuasive enough. I hope that changes now.

VOTE: Blargonaut

Well shit, I was expecting you to be an investigator after that last post but what is this non-sense? Blarg has to be who we kill now. We can shut down the cultists for one night and then we can still kill Coppa tomorrow. Blarg is purposely trying to get us to kill cultists so his info on Coppa might actually be good but Blarg needs to go first. Matt, you chose the word lynch on purpose? If he is killed by cultists at night then the night block on cultists won't activate?

WELP

Sorian

Banned
So let's lynch Coppa and then Blarg. Nothing changes.

VOTE: Coppanuva

For emphasis.

No, Blarg will die tonight by cultists and we lose out on his power to stop them from killing for one night. If Matt is telling the truth, we literally can NOT let Blarg leave this day phase alive.

My role has essentially no power anymore. I'm as good as your average tourist now.

mmm, I've read it more thoroughly now

good job on using your role correctly

my doubts are dispelled for the moment, the Meryl gif was employed in haste

(I don't think you're lying bc if you were you'd be a cert for D3's lynch and there's no way Cult could risk that having already lost a member)

gZe5vZf.gif

No, Blarg will die tonight by cultists and we lose out on his power to stop them from killing for one night. If Matt is telling the truth, we literally can NOT let Blarg leave this day phase alive.

If they use their kill on Blarg that's as good as us blocking their kill. Let's not waste our lynch.

Coppanuva

Well shit, I was expecting you to be an investigator after that last post but what is this non-sense? Blarg has to be who we kill now. We can shut down the cultists for one night and then we can still kill Coppa tomorrow. Blarg is purposely trying to get us to kill cultists so his info on Coppa might actually be good but Blarg needs to go first. Matt, you chose the word lynch on purpose? If he is killed by cultists at night then the night block on cultists won't activate?

Matt Attack becoming my favorite gaffer.

But yeah, I'm ok with this. If you all are still suspicious after this Blargonaut eviction, I understand and am prepared to face it with arguments. I'm curious what team the spy role is on, any idea Matt Attack? I'm gathering it's not the town, but is it a cultist aligned (similar to the lone wolf in werewolf, where you want to be the last wolf alive) or a neutral party? If the spy role is the truth, then I already have questions I hope to have answered on day 3.

Sorian

Banned
If they use their kill on Blarg that's as good as us blocking their kill. Let's not waste our lynch.

No Rats, anyone we want to lynch will still be here tomorrow and we have the added benefit of foiling the cult for one night. I'm sorry but your hunch is not worth more than this information and the block it provides.

And if Coppanuva isn't a cultist? My plan allows us to see how he plays going forward. It allows us more time to make better reads on people. Rushing to a lynch is not a good thing, not when we can, by lynching Blarg, obtain literally an entire extra day phase to determine the best course of action.

Give me one more Day and I can guarantee a Tourist win.
Give me one more Day and I can guarantee a G-Men win.
Give me one more Day and I can guarantee a Cultist win.

Sorry, you.

No Rats, anyone we want to lynch will still be here tomorrow and we have the added benefit of foiling the cult for one night. I'm sorry but your hunch is not worth more than this information and the block it provides.

If they kill Blarg tonight, that's one night they can't kill a Tourist.

If we lynch Blarg tomorrow, that's one night they can't kill a Tourist.

If they kill Blarg tonight, we get an extra lynch. That only happens if we let Blarg live for today.

RetroMG

...Damn.

I was all set to throw my hat into the ring to keep Blarg, because I was convinced that he was the seer. But now Matt's thrown this craziness into the mix.

On the other hand, that seems like a really buzarre role. Never herd of something like that before.

I'll need a little more time to consider.

dnuArkF.gif

Woe is me, for I am dead.

Matt Attack has slain me. Ker-pow! One-hit KO.

Tears and sadness. Boo-hoo.

It's funny what a single word can do. :'( Maybe I'll Roll-claim, before the end.

Fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

Coppanuva

If they kill Blarg tonight, we get an extra lynch. That only happens if we let Blarg live for today.

Why would they kill him tonight, when they'd expect us to kill him tomorrow? Essentially you're boiling it down to a giant game of chicken. Literally everything here lines up, a lot more than just your theories about me.

Lynch him today, if you don't and you truly think I'm a cultist, he's 1 lucky kill away from winning.

Sorian

Banned

We get a reward if we lynch the neutral role Blarg, who's to say the cultists don't get a reward if they perform the kill instead? It's too risky for a gamble. This is concrete information (and if it's not then Matt knows he is as good as dead).

Scratch everything I said. I was still operating on old assumptions.

If everything Matt Attack says is true, it's very likely that Blarg is, indeed, our killer. And his activities tonight are not likely to benefit us.

Sorry, Blarg. I thought you were working in our interest, and in a way you were. I hope we play together again, I've truly enjoyed this.

Sorian

Banned
Why would they kill him tonight, when they'd expect us to kill him tomorrow? Essentially you're boiling it down to a giant game of chicken. Literally everything here lines up, a lot more than just your theories about me.

Lynch him today, if you don't and you truly think I'm a cultist, he's 1 lucky kill away from winning.

This too, say you are right on Coppa. Now Blarg has outlived two cultists. There were two deaths last night, if someone hits a cultist again then Blarg has met his win condition and we can no longer benefit from it.

RetroMG

We get a reward if we lynch the neutral role Blarg, who's to say the cultists don't get a reward if they perform the kill instead? It's too risky for a gamble. This is concrete information (and if it's not then Matt knows he is as good as dead).

Do you feel certain that Matt is telling the truth? I'm not trying to say he is or isn't, (I'm honestly not sure,) but I've seen plenty of crazy roleclaims from Mafia trying to save themselves or their compatriots. It's something important to consider, especially since this is different that a typical investigator role.

For me, at least, the question has now become: Do I trust Matt Attack?

Sorian

Banned
Alright now freeze here for a moment. I still don't think we should push the vote early. We kill Blarg, yes that is 100% for sure today but we can still hear from Charleston, we can also hear more reactions to Matt's claim, and we also get to see how and if Blarg will try to defend himself further which might lead us to more information.

Do you feel certain that Matt is telling the truth? I'm not trying to say he is or isn't, (I'm honestly not sure,) but I've seen plenty of crazy roleclaims from Mafia trying to save themselves or their compatriots. It's something important to consider, especially since this is different that a typical investigator role.

This would be a silly lie to tell, because it's immediately verifiable. Blarg's role PM should be more than enough confirmation.

7lokqGN.gif

I BROKE IT IN HALF

FUCK YOUR SCOOBY SNACKS

YEARS OF ACADEMY TRAINING, WASTED

WHO AM I SCARING ANYMORE? THAT'S RIGHT, NO ONE.

MY REPUTATION, TARNISHED FOREVER.

I'M SORRY I STOLE YOUR FACE, BUT NO ONE CARED ABOUT THE Masquerade ANYMORE

TO ME CULTISTS, TO ME, KILL ME

KILL ME DO IT, YES. I WANT YOU DO IT.

Sorian

Banned

Blarg is acting defeated, so yes, I think this claim is on the level. That being said, what do we have to lose? If this is a ploy to save Coppa and we find out this was all a big lie then town still has an easy go of it for the next two days. KIll Matt and Kill Coppa, if Matt is lying then they are obviously both cultists.

We can take into consideration that killing Blarg is a trap but at the price of losing two cultists? What could possibly be worth losing two members just to have one person killed?

Droplet

We have 3 options:

• Kill Blarg today: We get an extra night where Cult doesn't kill a tourist. We don't know about the unknown 3rd party who killed LP last night, they might still be able to kill a tourist, but if it's Blarg, then no. We don't get the chance lynch a Cultist.
  • Kill Blarg tomorrow: We get to lynch somebody and see if they're Cult or not. 3rd party who killed LP can still do whatever tonight. We stand the chance of two tourists dying, or a tourist and a cult member. We don't get the chance to lynch a cultist tomorrow.
  • Blarg dies tonight: We get the chance to lynch 2 people that might be Cultists. 3rd party does whatever.

...I...don't know. If Blarg's win condition is really for 3 cultists to die, then he might know who they are and he might have actually killed LP last night. In that case, we stand the chance that he might get one in tonight? On the other hand...we can finally get some information from his role reveal and we save whoever was on the chopping block tonight.

I'll stay my hand for now. I don't want to get to a majority too fast.

If I were lying, it would be tantamount to committing suicide. I also hope that my behavior this far has come across as pro-tourist, although it's still early in the game so I can understand if you're unable to get a solid enough reading to be comfortable.

Alright now freeze here for a moment. I still don't think we should push the vote early. We kill Blarg, yes that is 100% for sure today but we can still hear from Charleston, we can also hear more reactions to Matt's claim, and we also get to see how and if Blarg will try to defend himself further which might lead us to more information.

We still have a few days, so I don't see any issue with making the most of them- after all, giving us extra day phase is pretty much why I role claimed in the first place. It would make little sense to immediately waste this one.

Coppanuva

Blarg is acting defeated, so yes, I think this claim is on the level. That being said, what do we have to lose? If this is a ploy to save Coppa and we find out this was all a big lie then town still has an easy go of it for the next two days. KIll Matt and Kill Coppa, if Matt is lying then they are obviously both cultists.
QUOTE]

Exactly, this is the obvious route of action. If blargonaut's role is a spy, Matt is off the hook for tomorrow and you can proceed to question me all you want. If I'm a cultist and Matt was right, you have another obvious target the next day. If I'm just an ordinary tourist, Matt is free of all suspicion. He wouldn't have a reason to lie about it, especially if we were both cultists. That's way too high a gamble this early.

RetroMG

This would be a silly lie to tell, because it's immediately verifiable. Blarg's role PM should be more than enough confirmation.

We can take into consideration that killing Blarg is a trap but at the price of losing two cultists? What could possibly be worth losing two members just to have one person killed.
If I were lying, it would be tantamount to committing suicide. I also hope that my behavior this far has come across as pro-tourist, although it's still early in the game so I can understand if you're unable to get a solid enough reading to be comfortable.

/sigh. All right. It makes me sad personally, but it's the best move for the town.

Droplet

So what do people want to do? By my rough count we're at 9 votes on Blarg which means we're reaaaaaaally close to a majority.

Damn, so that's how it's gotta be, eh?

We've been dealt our final hand before all of the players have even arrived at the table...

Guess we've gotta play the cards that we're dealt though. But don't think I'll fuggedabout you, GreatCharleston. The ayes have it, but eye have you.

Sorian

Banned
UNVOTE: Blargonaut

Sorry, I needed to have my dramatic moment.

Welp...whaddaya guys wanna talk about for the next three days?

Charleston, the fact that Blarg kept name dropping Darryl, and I want to pore over any and all reactions to Matt's reveal as they trickle in.

Also, make it known now that I am voting for Blarg without actually using the vote text. I don't want to push him to 11 but I know that someone will try to attack me later for not making the pro-town move of voting for Blarg right away.

I SEE YOU ALL, WATCHING.

SHOWER ME WITH YOUR FAVOUR, SPECTATORS! I ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR PRESENCE! BEHOLD, THE POWER OF A SINGLE WORD... "Fool," AND A LESSON IN MANKIND'S HUBRIS!

I GO TO VALHALLA NOW, FOR THE TOWN, ALWAYS, FOR THE TOWN! QUOTE ME, SAY YOU WITNESS ME! I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE A LURKER, SHOW ME YOU CARE, GAF. ZATOTH, LET THEM SAY IT!

GRANT ME THIS MOMENT! I AM THE PEOPLE'S CHAMPION!

SAY YOU WITNESS ME, LURKERS! Don't leave me hanging...! :'(

Droplet

Let's talk about something else: why Blarg was so insistent that we get rid of Coppanuva tonight. If Matt Attack is telling the truth, which I'll trust, and Blarg needs 3 cult kills to win, then he needs us to lynch a cultist today and he needs to kill a cultist tonight. That would mean that if he has access to this information, Coppa is the 2nd cultist he wants gone. The other is apparently GreatCharleston?

Unfortunately, this yields the conclusion that we need to kill Blarg to see what he knows first. And for this to be true, we'd be playing a really unbalanced game...

RetroMG

I SEE YOU ALL, WATCHING.

SHOWER ME WITH YOUR FAVOUR, SPECTATORS! I ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR PRESENCE! BEHOLD, THE POWER OF A SINGLE WORD... "Fool," AND A LESSON IN MANKIND'S HUBRIS!

I GO TO VALHALLA NOW, FOR THE TOWN, ALWAYS, FOR THE TOWN! QUOTE ME, SAY YOU WITNESS ME! I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE A LURKER, SHOW ME YOU CARE, GAF. ZATOTH, LET THEM SAY IT!

GRANT ME THIS MOMENT! I AM THE PEOPLE'S CHAMPION!

SAY YOU WITNESS ME, LURKERS! Don't leave me hanging...! :'(

Witnessed!

Top Bottom