• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

1. Matt calls for Blarg eviction
2. Uses time cube at night & evicts me (killing himself) & mafia evicts someone else

3 towns gone in a night. Now what? Hell, maybe Coppanuva isn't even mafia! Good fucking game because our team drank the kool aid.

I don't have the crazy orb. If it really exists, whoever has it right now knows this to be the case.

Tell me what my role name is, O' Omniscient One.

Anyways, what exactly do you gain, Matt Attack, from outing me like this anyhoo?

If you were really pro-Town, and you discovered that I was some sort of Ultra Pro-Town Anti-Cult Null Field Psyker-Killer, wouldn't you want to conceal that information from the public as long as possible? From the Cult?

Such a pro-Town power would be more useful in the later stages of the game when the pool of suspects is at a critical mass, rather than now, wouldn't you agree?

Just thinking aloud as I rattle these shackles and cuffs, ya know.

I don't think you're omniscient in regards to the identities of the cultists, and I've maintained that your play poses significant risks to town. Furthermore, if you do end up being a killer, I'm not in the habit of leaving those around. One reckless kill means one less tourist- we don't need to be doing the cultist's job for them. The fact that we can block the cultists tonight only further solidifies my confidence that you're worth voting out.

In any case, let's all give it up for the man of the hour, the founder of the feast, Mr. H.P. Lovecraft.

Sorian

Banned
I don't have the crazy orb. If it really exists, whoever has it right now knows this to be the case.

I don't think you're omniscient in regards to the identities of the cultists, and I've maintained that your play poses significant risks to town. Furthermore, if you do end up being a killer, I'm not in the habit of leaving those around. One reckless kill means one less tourist- we don't need to be doing the cultist's job for them. The fact that we can block the cultists tonight only further solidifies my confidence that you're worth voting out.

In any case, let's all give it up for the man of the hour, the founder of the feast, Mr. H.P. Lovecraft.

latest

Blarg said to name his role and I want you to name it as well if you have that information. It cements whether you were telling the truth or not once his role is revealed.

Wow, so Blarg was more than just a player, he was the gosh damn dealer!

Makes me wonder what other kinda nutso roles will come to light in the future.

Sorian

Banned
I'm going to bed, Darryl, do me a favor and answer this question:

Alright, so odds are we are going to flip his role at the end of day 2. What is your opinion if he turns out to be neutral?

I don't know what weird move you are making here but you're climbing a lot of people's suspect list with this and Matt has basically solidified his stance now, if he is wrong then sure, good for you, but if Blarg flips and Matt was telling the whole truth, you'll just end up looking a whole lot worse at the end of this.

I just can't figure out what game you could possibly be playing here.

Your information seems rather specific for a mere investigator/spy role, doesn't it, Matt Attack?

It's almost like you were created to hunt me. You, meant to kill one of the most powerful pro-Town power roles, me, in the game.

Seems mighty anti-Town in nature to me. Just saying.

And thank you for identifying me. I'm happy you know the name of the man who signed your death warrant.

I don't know who or what you are or what your name is, but I'll be seeing you in whatever hell the living afterlife prefers for the both of us, very, very soon.

...most likely a temp board hosted by sentient seafood.

Flame_AC

Your information seems rather specific for a mere investigator/spy role, doesn't it, Matt Attack?

It's almost like you were created to hunt me. You, meant to kill one of the most powerful pro-Town power roles, me, in the game.

And thank you for identifying me. I'm happy you know the name of the man who signed your death warrant.

I don't know who or what you are or what your name is, but I'll be seeing you in whatever hell the living afterlife prefers for the both of us, very, very soon.

You say his move is Anti-Town, prove you're worth to the town. You've given no indication you're worth saving.

I do agree with you on how oddly specific he was, seems off to say in one breath you're not powerful, then call out the precise name of one's role.

Well, yes, that's right. I knew your role name from the beginning. My command was to help me find Lovecraft.

Also, I wish I could agree that you've been acting in town's best interests. Unfortunately, I feel you've only helped to confuse us. If you are that beneficial to town, then I'm sorry- I was only able to act within the boundaries of the information provided to me- your role name and what happens if we're able to lynch you.

If there's one thing I can confirm, it's that I don't have any killing abilities.

Just wordplay.

You raise an interesting point.

I'm okay with lynching Matt down the road, just to be sure.

Flame_AC

Well, yes, that's right. I knew your role name from the beginning. My command was to help me find Lovecraft.

Also, I wish I could agree that you've been acting in town's best interests. Unfortunately, I feel you've only helped to confuse us. If you are that beneficial to town, then I'm sorry- I was only able to act within the boundaries of the information provided to me- your role name and what happens if we're able to lynch you.

Answer me this Matt, is your win condition finding Lovecraft?

When we make the mistake of doing something incredibly anti-town I'm not gonna be on the delivering end of it.

That's fine if you don't want to take responsibility, but stop dodging this question:

Alright, so odds are we are going to flip his role at the end of day 2. What is your opinion if he turns out to be neutral?

Flame_AC

Well, if it was, I'd have won already- I found Lovecraft last night!

In any case, I win when there are no cultist players left in the game. This should hold true for any town power role.

My question was more directed in the sense of, are you a Lyncher, do you win when Lovecraft dies?

H.P. Lovecraft doesn't exactly sound like the name of a killing role. Extra kills that we can't control were my main concern with keeping Blarg alive.

I'm also leaning more toward Coppa now.

My question was more directed in the sense of, are you a Lyncher, do you win when Lovecraft dies?

I was just messing with you for your phrasing, I understood what you meant. Like I said though, I only win when all cultists players are eliminated.

Hmm.

Maybe Mattattack wins if Blarg is dead. The cult block is an invention. It is mighty convenient.

Killing Coppa tonight and Blarg tomorrow might be a better deal. I don't know.

I guarantee that I didn't fabricate what happens when Blarg is lynched either. Consider his reactions after my initial role claim, and the fact that I didn't include his role name. I think it's clear he knew that I was telling the truth.

Flame_AC

Hmm.

Maybe Mattattack wins if Blarg is dead. The cult block is an invention. It is mighty convenient.

Killing Coppa tonight and Blarg tomorrow might be a better deal. I don't know.

If we kill Coppa today, any Cultist would kill Blarg since his death means one less night kill. We lose our chance at one less Cultist kill if we don't lynch him today. Also, if he doesn't die, then Matt was lying or set up.

Darryl

Banned

Nothing. I had a hunch he was a town leaning neutral PR since he made the Paladin comments yesterday and posted the picture of the knight. I even asked Traube if roles were randomly distributed because it felt like Blarg was getting a Blargy role.

I'm not positive. I just know you guys are passing any reasonable level of skepticism in regards to this and it is becoming a witch hunt yet again. I'm ashamed. It's as if this issue must be dealt with today. Can I ask, why today? What is with the urgency? Like someone said, if he is killed by mafia it is as good as missing a night phase anyways. Does he pose a threat given Matts information? No. You guys are fucking idiots.

Flame_AC

H.P. Lovecraft doesn't exactly sound like the name of a killing role. Extra kills that we can't control were my main concern with keeping Blarg alive.

I'm also leaning more toward Coppa now.

I don't understand your reasoning here. Killing Blarg now means that the Cultists get one less kill, that's huge in this game. How can you lean Coppa with this on the table?

If we kill Coppa today, any Cultist would kill Blarg since his death means one less night kill. We lose our chance at one less Cultist kill if we don't lynch him today. Also, if he doesn't die, then Matt was lying or set up.

And now we go back to my previous argument. If the Cultists kill Blarg for us, that's as good as the Cultists losing their night kill, and we don't waste a lynch.

VOTE: Coppanuva

That's not permanent, but it's where my head's at. I'm going to bed now.

Flame_AC

I'm not positive. I just know you guys are passing any reasonable level of skepticism in regards to this and it is becoming a witch hunt yet again. I'm ashamed. It's as if this issue must be dealt with today. Can I ask, why today? What is with the urgency? Like someone said, if he is killed by mafia it is as good as missing a night phase anyways. Does he pose a threat given Matts information? No. You guys are fucking idiots.

On the bolded. If we let him live, mafia kill him and then we lose our chance of an extra night without a kill. This means on Day 3 we lose, probably, a tourist today, and Blarg on Night 2. If we kill Blarg now, then there is no night kill and we can regroup on Coppa or Matt or anyone else you want to.

On the bolded. If we let him live, mafia kill him and then we lose our chance of an extra night without a kill. This means on Day 3 we lose, probably, a tourist today, and Blarg on Night 2. If we kill Blarg now, then there is no night kill and we can regroup on Coppa or Matt or anyone else you want to.

Blarg being killed is our night without a kill. Are you daft?

I guarantee that I didn't fabricate what happens when Blarg is lynched either. Consider his reactions after my initial role claim, and the fact that I didn't include his role name. I think it's clear he knew that I was telling the truth.

Your guarantees mean little. It's possible you saw an opportunity and took it. I even might believe you investigated him, but I don't believe the cheese dangled in front of us. Not quite.

Waiting as long as you did was a mistake. You waited to see if you wouldn't need to risk yourself. I don't believe you're Town.

I feel better already.

You're going to die today. And, it won't be screaming your lungs out in shock like that little portrait of yours. I won't afford you the luxury of sound, of imprinting your vileness onto the memory of innocents. No, you'll expire silently, whimpering on the sand like the little naive ball of fluff you are, as I close in on you.

Tell me, townsfolk, are you gamblers? Your witch doctor is dead, but I wonder if there are more protective roles amongst you. There must be.

Don't reveal yourselves. I just want you all to vote out and kill Matt Attack here, today.

VOTE: Matt Attack

There must be more of you. A switcher. A bodyguard. Anything, to prevent me dying for one more night. Rally around me, tonight. Protect me.

I am indeed who Matt Attack says I am. I am H. P. Lovecraft. I don't have any killing powers. I never have. I've been working to manipulate you all from the start, but for entirely pro-Town reasons, which I will detail in a post after this.

My power is passive, and only activates upon lynching. It prevents the Cultists from sacrificing anyone for that one Night phase after my death.Mr. Matt Attack himself has confirmed this, and I will too; again, I will detail all of this in a post after this one.

My power needs to be deployed later. It's far too soon for this. You can sacrifice me later. Everything I've done, I've done for Town.

I lied about the G-Men. I made that up, if you were wondering. There's no one else here to save you. Only yourselves.

And me.

Flame_AC

I'm not sure I follow. Lynching Blarg now, means Night 2 has no kill.

The alternative is someone else, likely Coppanuva, and then Blarg or someone else is killed on Night 2.

Having 1 death, especially with it being Blarg, is better than 2, with 1 likely being Blarg.

My power needs to be deployed later. It's far too soon for this. You can sacrifice me later. Everything I've done, I've done for Town.

For what it's worth, I wholeheartedly agree with this. I wanted to bring it up earlier but things were moving to fast for a nuanced conversation. Blocking a night kill is far more valuable to us later in the game.

Droplet

If there's one thing I can confirm, it's that I don't have any killing abilities.

Just wordplay.

Hmm. That means there's another third party here that isn't Blarg, yet his win condition seems to rely on them.

I said this before: If we don't kill Blarg today and the cultists kill him tonight, we get two chances at lynching a cultist. Blarg now says he's not the one killing tourists at night, and most of us seem to agree that he's not a cultist. In that case, if we lynch him now, we're wasting one of our lynches on somebody that's not a cultist.

I'm not saying the best course of action here is not killing Blarg, but I don't necessarily think it is.

I...don't know why he's trying to get us to kill Matt Attack now though.

Townsfolk, Matt Attack does not have your interests at heart. His Win condition involves killing me, and solely me.

He is a confirmed anti-Town role. He basically confirmed it himself, multiple times over.

You must vote him out, and rally around me tonight, apply all your powers on me.

Coppanuva

Blargonaut confirmed his "prohibit night kill" power only works if he's lynched, not evicted. Are you still ok with this train of thought? The way I see it, he either gets protected tonight, or we lose that chance unless he dies this day. I'll still be here tomorrow, and given that cultists won't be able to evict, you'll be just as strong.

There's some more interesting questions if Blargonaut really can't kill though, who did? The fact nobody in the town claimed a "one night-time kill" power makes me think whoever it was has more powers to use (in which case, DO NOT REVEAL YOURSELF). Just something to think about. Also, don't evict me by early votes please, in case it swings that way. I want ample time to leave a last parting message of impressions for all of you (given that my role reveal will verify for you all that my opinions are those of a tourist). It's some gamey type things I'm wary of that I don't have the evidence to support yet.

Your guarantees mean little. It's possible you saw an opportunity and took it. I even might believe you investigated him, but I don't believe the cheese dangled in front of us. Not quite.

Waiting as long as you did was a mistake. You waited to see if you wouldn't need to risk yourself. I don't believe you're Town.

If I wanted to avoid risking myself, why wouldn't I have saved my role claim for right before the end of the phase? We still have a few days left!

Still don't believe Mattattack is Town. He would have opened with Blarg if he was.

Opened? Do you mean my initial vote on the first day?

Townsfolk, Matt Attack does not have your interests at heart. His Win condition involves killing me, and solely me.

He is a confirmed anti-Town role. He basically confirmed it himself, multiple times over.

You must vote him out, and rally around me tonight, apply all your powers on me.

False. I am a town power role. I've explained my reasoning for my behavior thoroughly thus far, and I can answer any further questions you all have.

ultron87

Killing Blarg today gives us a free night for presumed other town night roles to do their thing and maybe find something out. If we don't there is no guarantee the cultists will kill him anyway and we might lose someone else important like we lost our Doctor last night.

Townsfolk, if I die tonight despite your efforts to protect me, then at least you tried. At least you fought them.

Voting me out now, literally wasting me, is you all blatantly giving up to the Enemy.

You MUST show them that you mean something.

Fight with me, and kill off Matt Attack.

Flame_AC

False. I am a town power role. I've explained my reasoning for my behavior thoroughly thus far, and I can answer any further questions you all have.

So, if I understand you correctly. You are a ____? Tasked with finding and lynching Lovecraft? Your win condition is the same as the rest of ours?

If Blarg poses no threat we can lynch him whenever we want. The longer this game continues, the more valuable his death becomes. If the Cultists choose to kill him on some night, any night, boom! There's our "blocked night kill" and we haven't wasted a lynch.

Lynching Blarg now is a waste of his utility.

Flame_AC

If Blarg poses no threat we can lynch him whenever we want. The longer this game continues, the more valuable his death becomes. If the Cultists choose to kill him on some night, any night, boom! There's our "blocked night kill" and we haven't wasted a lynch.

Lynching Blarg now is a waste of his utility.

False, this would mean that we likely lost a Tourist / Neutral which still reduces our overall number for our side of the game.

Top Bottom