• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

nin1000

Banned
Sorry but i fear that we will only start talking when someone gets some votes.
Would love to have some heated discussion the next two remaining days
For that sole reason

VOTE: ultron87

Jonnyquickknives is right behind you, since he is barely here.

RetroMG

I say RetroMG isn't a cult simply because I feel if he was a higher role than he wouldn't be playing other games and proctoring other games, he would be much more active I feel. It's not much to go off of but I do feel Rats is also extremely trustworthy because of how much he says and does. Obviously it could be a coy like Timeasis or LoC but I really don't think so. Not this time.

That is a really excellent point, and one that even I hadn't considered making. If I were Mafia, I would hardly have time to be doing as much as I am. (Of course, if/when I AM mafia, I'm going to have to double down, now.)

I have to say, I was suspicious of TWE yesterday, but the fact that he went that far out of his way to clear me makes me feel better about him. I honestly expected to be railroaded today for the fact that I was trying to talk people out of lynching Timeaisis. (I trusted him, dumb roleclaim and all.)

No way. I'm sticking with the idea that cult turned someone insane that day.

Also, this is not mutually exclusive with LoC dying to a failed roleblock.

1. Timeaisis sacrifices someone, they turn insane.
2. LoC tries to roleblock someone (perhaps a powerful member of the other Cult) and he dies.

Though, typing this out, another scenario occurred to me.

1. LoC both roleblocks and sacrifices someone, but the roleblock kills him so the sacrifice doesn't go off.

That seems like sloppy play to me, though, because I wouldn't have somebody whose night action could possibly kill him also use the sacrifice. I also don't know the priority of night actions, and I doubt Zatoth would tell us. Don't Mafia kills usually go last, though? I dunno, this is my first time actually playing.

Anyway, it's entirely possible that LoC died trying to roleblock someone, but when I really look back I don't think it was Worthy. LoC would have had no reason to target him in the first place. And Time did flip-flop on going after inactives, but this was after he became a Cult of One and he was probably trying to blend in a bit.

UNVOTE: TheWorthyEdge

There was a warning in LoC's role. Read it again. We're not pulling this out of our asses.
It mentions consequences. I even made a guess at those consequences. I highly doubt those consequences mean death. That's a full 1/3, 1/4 if the CoC is useful, members dead. I just can't see the consequence being as severe as death for a role blocking role. It just makes more sense for it to simply alert that player who LOC tried to role block

I'm still open to the idea, because going off of what makes "sense" is a bad move, but I just see it Amas a less likely possibility

ultron87

so, Ultron you claimed to have killed those 2 poor bastards and are now out of bulets, you still stand by that ?

Yup, everything I said was the truth. No bullets left, didn't kill LoC. My reasons for my targets have already been elaborated on. If I wasn't on the town side, I would've just claimed the LoC kill also to keep everyone off the trail of anything else that might be going on.

Someone else out there knows why that happened without an accompanying sacrifice. Either a switcher got really lucky, there's a second doctor, or someone is insane (which I guess they might not know about).

nin1000

Banned
Yup, everything I said was the truth. No bullets left, didn't kill LoC. My reasons for my targets have already been elaborated on. If I wasn't on the town side, I would've just claimed the LoC kill also to keep everyone off the trail of anything else that might be going on.

Someone else out there knows why that happened without an accompanying sacrifice. Either a switcher got really lucky, there's a second doctor, or someone is insane (which I guess they might not know about).

Well, guess thats it for the moment.

UNVOTE: Ultron87

Does anyone have a list of who all was suspicious of Timeaisis or LoC? Backed with a quote or two, preferably

OR will volunteer the info for themselves and maybe others

Droplet

Also, this is not mutually exclusive with LoC dying to a failed roleblock.

1. Timeaisis sacrifices someone, they turn insane.
2. LoC tries to roleblock someone (perhaps a powerful member of the other Cult) and he dies.

Though, typing this out, another scenario occurred to me.

1. LoC both roleblocks and sacrifices someone, but the roleblock kills him so the sacrifice doesn't go off.

That seems like sloppy play to me, though, because I wouldn't have somebody whose night action could possibly kill him also use the sacrifice. I also don't know the priority of night actions, and I doubt Zatoth would tell us. Don't Mafia kills usually go last, though? I dunno, this is my first time actually playing.

Anyway, it's entirely possible that LoC died trying to roleblock someone, but when I really look back I don't think it was Worthy. LoC would have had no reason to target him in the first place. And Time did flip-flop on going after inactives, but this was after he became a Cult of One and he was probably trying to blend in a bit.

UNVOTE: TheWorthyEdge

One other thought: LoC targets someone to sacrifice, but that person (maybe a 3rd party SK) targets them back and LoC is the only one to die. A similar thing happened in the first game, which is why I bring it up. I'm not sure it's what happened here, but it's another idea aside from insanity not being a visible symptom.

Does anyone have a list of who all was suspicious of Timeaisis or LoC? Backed with a quote or two, preferably

OR will volunteer the info for themselves and maybe others

I don't think it's going to help much. Zatoth's text following Timeasis's lynch suggests that we're done with CoC as a threat, but that there's a third party out there that we need to kill to finish the game. For example, in some games with an SK, even if town kills all the mafia, they still need to kill the SK to finish. I think we're dealing with a similar scenario here.

Droplet

To be clear right now, I'm not trying to strongly suggest we have an SK right now, otherwise my vote would be on ultron immediately. I'm just using it as an example because it's appeared in other games.

Who DID you kill Ultron? It's fine if you don't want to say but I feel this could shed some light on some things.

This doesn't make any sense. Darryl's role specifically said he could be recruited by Cultists, and we know that can't have been referring to the Cult of Cthulhu. And if the third party wants people to turn insane, why would they kill Never Forever after he said he was going to use the book? And if they have to guess which people are going to die, why would they get a night kill?

I don't know if you haven't thought this through, or if you're intentionally trying to mislead us. I haven't felt great about you at any point in this game, and the last two guys whose analysis seemed off turned out to be scum.

Firstly I kinda ignored the recruited by cultists thing as I figured it could be handled in a similar way to the book that doesn't require it being outlined in the roles. That said I've went back and re-read the roles and it does suggest that theres another cult. I do think that it seems like a lot to have probably 2 3player cults, at least 2 neutrals and some recruitable townies. I guess the second cult could be a start up that is just one person trying to recruit or something though.

For NeverForever I think there are a few options:
1) Insanity is related to a third party, or is at least separate from the cult, and therefore the cult don't have anything to gain (and possibly do have something to lose since he was going to use the book) from leaving him.
2) The book killed them upon using it (I still feel the specifics of how it operates are pretty unknown). Sure neuro vanished but was that because of his specific use or is that standard?
3) They used the book and targeted the same player LoC did, who causes players that investigate them to die.

The bit I mentioned about guessing who's going to die was really just spitballing. It felt like everyone was pretty pretty quick to just jump straight on the second cult train and I wanted to try and generate some discussion other possible situations. It's not meant to be intentionally misleading it's meant to be intentionally stimulating discussion in more than one focussed direction. I haven't helped the matter by being basically inactive but most days have been fairly singularly focussed which is why they are moving slowly.

Now when I voted for coppa I stated that I didn't really think he was cult, but thought lynching him was best for the game. I stand by that. I said then that nin was my choice for most suspicious. I also stand by that.
The stuff with the book does give me pause, but I do think it's feasible that it could land with a cult player. The main reason is honestly just that a lot of posts are short, vague and quite often about elements around the game rather than specifically about (lots of pregame posts, more posting around things like the orb/book, blargs riddle). Theres also lots of filler posts (I'm on my way home from work/Good night guys look forward to tomorrow/etc). There are better posts in amongst that but occasional decent posts bolstered by lots of 'fluff' (;P) are the best way to stay visible and and look credible.

The second person that I don't have a good feeling about is GreatCharleston. I think the ban has obviously not helped, since when he was able to post the game had fairly obvious directions. I still feel that, outside of the points where he was forced to defend himself, he tends to post more light/short content. Basically my feeling are similar to those I outline for nin but less extreme.

VOTE: nin1000

Those people Ultron killed seem to be all in Towns favor, at least in spirit. So I'm good with keeping him around for a while longer. You always want that extra vote!
even if it is on you ;)

I just went through a bunch of posts.

Right now, I don't have much of anything. Right now, in my eyes, I want to got after TWE.

I just want to clarify, I'm mainly doing this to for info on the others after/who have voted for you in the past, TWE. Although that does mean you'll still have to talk

VOTE: TheWorthyEdge

Flame_AC

Flamce_AC anything else to add to the discussion besides your vote on Retro ?

I've talked about the book and made my vote on Retro. I think he is the best target right now and that is why he has my vote.

I also completely believe that TWE is completely a Tourist, more than likely an ordinary one at that.

Someone above mentioned that the only person they trust completely is RoTY, but I can't understand that reasoning, saying that because he's prodding the town must mean he's got our best interests at heart.

Hyperactivity seems to be a Tourist to me, and I'm enjoying his perspective on the game so far.

I know I've said that I trust Droplet before, but that was before the presence of a second enemy party was known and so I now think it is entirely possible for her to be anti-town.

Ultron is probably telling the truth as well and he serves no purpose for a lynch today.

Scrafty is also a Tourist in my book, she's been active and has contributed quite well.

GreatCharleston would make for an interesting lynch today as well, it'd certainly give us some more information.

That's my thoughts right now and my vote is staying on Retro, with the only people I'm comfortable switching to are GC and RoTY. TWE, Hyperactivity, and Scrafty will not be getting lynched today, just to point that out, barring some unforseen information of course.

I just went through a bunch of posts.

Right now, I don't have much of anything. Right now, in my eyes, I want to got after TWE.

I just want to clarify, I'm mainly doing this to for info on the others after/who have voted for you in the past, TWE. Although that does mean you'll still have to talk

I'm not crying about you voting for me or anything, but why exactly are you voting for me? Sorry it's kinda hard to understand.

I've talked about the book and made my vote on Retro. I think he is the best target right now and that is why he has my vote.

I also completely believe that TWE is completely a Tourist, more than likely an ordinary one at that.

Someone above mentioned that the only person they trust completely is RoTY, but I can't understand that reasoning, saying that because he's prodding the town must mean he's got our best interests at heart.

Hyperactivity seems to be a Tourist to me, and I'm enjoying his perspective on the game so far.

I know I've said that I trust Droplet before, but that was before the presence of a second enemy party was known and so I now think it is entirely possible for her to be anti-town.

Ultron is probably telling the truth as well and he serves no purpose for a lynch today.

Scrafty is also a Tourist in my book, she's been active and has contributed quite well.

GreatCharleston would make for an interesting lynch today as well, it'd certainly give us some more information.

That's my thoughts right now and my vote is staying on Retro, with the only people I'm comfortable switching to are GC and RoTY. TWE, Hyperactivity, and Scrafty will not be getting lynched today, just to point that out, barring some unforseen information of course.

This is going to mean for an interesting conversation. Lol

I'm not crying about you voting for me or anything, but why exactly are you voting for me? Sorry it's kinda hard to understand.

Believe, I doubt you're not a tourist. Actually, I'm leaning tourist for you, but that still means I think you're a tourist for now

I'm voting for you right now because no one will be talking if thee aren't at least a couple votes on someone, and that includes both the people voting and prosecuting the person and the person defending. At this point I want info, and going after you has a good chance to yield info

If a stronger candidate comes up or something else happens, I'll likely switch it. But we shouldn't be wasting this day not doing much, right? And this vote could help me eliminate some people from my suspicion (or not)

Believe, I doubt you're not a tourist. Actually, I'm leaning tourist for you, but that still means I think you're a tourist for now

I'm voting for you right now because no one will be talking if thee aren't at least a couple votes on someone, and that includes both the people voting and prosecuting the person and the person defending. At this point I want info, and going after you has a good chance to yield info

If a stronger candidate comes up or something else happens, I'll likely switch it. But we shouldn't be wasting this day not doing much, right? And this vote could help me eliminate some people from my suspicion (or not)

I mean, I honestly don't understand this. Why would you vote for me while thinking I'm a Tourist when you could vote for someone not talking at all and forcing them to talk? I just find that really weird of a strategy to vote for someone you think is a Tourist...I hope you know what I'm trying to say. "If a stronger candidate comes up"? What? Dude. If you are saying this and voting for me I really feel you don't think I'm a Tourist! It's just so odd of a play. I feel you would get more knowledge if you votes for someone that hasn't really done much of anything today besides someone you feel is Town. There has to be one other person you feel is suspicious even in the slightest.

I'm not telling you to change your vote but this is really contradictory. I feel you are a Tourist but this is a stupid move imo.

I mean, I honestly don't understand this. Why would you vote for me while thinking I'm a Tourist when you could vote for someone not talking at all and forcing them to talk? I just find that really weird of a strategy to vote for someone you think is a Tourist...I hope you know what I'm trying to say. "If a stronger candidate comes up"? What? Dude. If you are saying this and voting for me I really feel you don't think I'm a Tourist! It's just so odd of a play. I feel you would get more knowledge if you votes for someone that hasn't really done much of anything today besides someone you feel is Town. There has to be one other person you feel is suspicious even in the slightest.

I'm not telling you to change your vote but this is really contradictory. I feel you are a Tourist but this is a stupid move imo.

I'm not sure of your alignment. The way you flip gives me some information I need to get a little closer to solving the puzzle. I realize this is a weird play. Honestly, I'm going between you and nin right now (you hear that nin?!!)

And to clarify, leans town is basically my way of saying "I'm not sure either way, will just say ordinary townie for now". And that's my main thing. I'm not sure for a number of players, right now, and going after one of them rather than none also helps me

I'm not sure of your alignment. The way you flip gives me some information I need to get a little closer to solving the puzzle. I realize this is a weird play. Honestly, I'm going between you and nin right now (you hear that nin?!!)

And to clarify, leans town is basically my way of saying "I'm not sure either way, will just say ordinary townie for now". And that's my main thing. I'm not sure for a number of players, right now, and going after one of them rather than none also helps me

Ahhhh okay. This makes much more sense.

Sorry Hyper for questioning your style of play I was just kind of confused as to why you were voting for me. All is clear now.

I actually find that idea interesting now that I have a feel for it. Vote me to see who else piles on and then observe to see if anything suspicious comes out of it.

I feel like this 2nd entity or group will pick their words VERRRRRRRY carefully so we really have to look.

Btw, everybody, I currently am guessing that there are 2-3 Town PRs left, assuming Neuro was our investigator (which is just about the only explanation that makes sense for what he did. Yeah, guys, I don't think we have an investigator right now).

I'm also gonna guess 1-2 cultists assuming a recruit/starts off with two. Sorian was either insane tourist or 2nd cult, by my guess, because again, there's no reason for Neuro to do what he did in that case. (Of course, it could always be the other way, but I feel like Sorian could've bandwagoned Neuro with the info he had pretty easily)

From what I'm guessing, this 2nd cult was either made smaller or designed with the idea of recruiting. If Sorian was 2nd cult, I'm guessing that they are at two right now, cult has recruited someone. IF Sorian was insane tourist, I'll guess they are at one right now, with the 2nd cult designed for recruiting

I'll assume one for now, because it's better to overpredict and be wrong than underpredict

Btw, everybody, I currently am guessing that there are 2-3 Town PRs left, assuming Neuro was our investigator (which is just about the only explanation that makes sense for what he did. Yeah, guys, I don't think we have an investigator right now).

I'm also gonna guess 1-2 cultists assuming a recruit/starts off with two. Sorian was either insane tourist or 2nd cult, by my guess, because again, there's no reason for Neuro to do what he did in that case. (Of course, it could always be the other way, but I feel like Sorian could've bandwagoned Neuro with the info he had pretty easily)

From what I'm guessing, this 2nd cult was either made smaller or designed with the idea of recruiting. If Sorian was 2nd cult, I'm guessing that they are at two right now, cult has recruited someone. IF Sorian was insane tourist, I'll guess they are at one right now, with the 2nd cult designed for recruiting

I'll assume one for now, because it's better to overpredict and be wrong than underpredict

This theory is nonsense and always has been. If Neuro was willing to die to get Sorian out of the game, he would have claimed Cop on Day Two.

Since King Flame of Overrideshire has decreed the acceptable targets for today, I'll go along with his vote for now. Retro has been nothing but agreeable as long as this game has been going on, in my eyes a possible tell for a second Cultist trying to ride things out. If he's Town, no offense, but he's not a huge loss.

VOTE: RetroMG

This theory is nonsense and always has been. If Neuro was willing to die to get Sorian out of the game, he would have claimed Cop on Day Two.

Since King Flame of Overrideshire has decreed the acceptable targets for today, I'll go along with his vote for now. Retro has been nothing but agreeable as long as this game has been going on, in my eyes a possible tell for a second Cultist trying to ride things out. If he's Town, no offense, but he's not a huge loss.

VOTE: RetroMG

I don't see what else could've happened. What reason could there have been for Neuro, or even Sorian, to do that. Cult lives are too precious to waste for a town PR, but a town PR for a cultist is a fair trade, if not advantageous for town

I don't see what else could've happened. What reason could there have been for Neuro, or even Sorian, to do that. Cult lives are too precious to waste for a town PR, but a town PR for a cultist is a fair trade, if not advantageous for town

You're ascribing reason to the actions of a person who never showed an ounce of it. Neuro didn't get how this game is played. He thought he was saving us all by eliminating the dastardly villain responsible for a Day One mislynch. All he talked about on Day Two was getting revenge for Tucah. Nothing he did suggested he had any special knowledge whatsoever.

Droplet

I don't have the time to dig back for it right now, but I've explained why this doesn't make any sense in the past. Please go back and read before you post these things.

RetroMG

If I am next to die, so be it, I will meet it with my head up high. Rats is right that I haven't been much use in this game - too many distractions.

I will point out that if I am part of the second cult, I have been playing very poorly, if not outright strangely. I've accepted any and all votes that came my way with little argument. I also tried earlier to prove that the second cult exists. If I were a cultist, would I not try to keep my organization a secret? Why would I point out the wording that implies a second cult?

But if I am to die, (and that is to say, if Flame can actually curry the votes to make it happen,) then at least perhaps some good will come of it. Let's see who jumps on this bandwagon, and what we can learn from it. Flame's already on my "suspicious" list. Let's see who else gets on.

TL;DR: Come at me, bro.

If I am next to die, so be it, I will meet it with my head up high. Rats is right that I haven't been much use in this game - too many distractions.

I will point out that if I am part of the second cult, I have been playing very poorly, if not outright strangely. I've accepted any and all votes that came my way with little argument. I also tried earlier to prove that the second cult exists. If I were a cultist, would I not try to keep my organization a secret? Why would I point out the wording that implies a second cult?

But if I am to die, (and that is to say, if Flame can actually curry the votes to make it happen,) then at least perhaps some good will come of it. Let's see who jumps on this bandwagon, and what we can learn from it. Flame's already on my "suspicious" list. Let's see who else gets on.

My main problem?
You've used this argument all game long. I don't have time right now to find it, but you've said similar things whenever votes come to you, and right now, just as you mentioned, it's looking a little weak

Honestly, it kinda hurts to vote for you. I like you, personally. You've done nothing outwardly suspicious, but that's suspicious in and of itself. I see you as a wild card, and lynching you is more to sate my curiosity than anything else.

Honestly, you're far from my first choice, but somebody wants to go swinging his big dick around, so here we are.

RetroMG

My main problem?
You've used this argument all game long. I don't have time right now to find it, but you've said similar things whenever votes come to you, and right now, just as you mentioned, it's looking a little weak

Perhaps there's a reason I'm willing to die?

Sorian

Banned
Honestly, it kinda hurts to vote for you. I like you, personally. You've done nothing outwardly suspicious, but that's suspicious in and of itself. I see you as a wild card, and lynching you is more to sate my curiosity than anything else.

Honestly, you're far from my first choice, but somebody wants to go swinging his big dick around, so here we are.

I know I shouldn't be posting but I love watching this game and this phrase got a chuckle out of me.

That is a really excellent point, and one that even I hadn't considered making. If I were Mafia, I would hardly have time to be doing as much as I am. (Of course, if/when I AM mafia, I'm going to have to double down, now.)

I have to say, I was suspicious of TWE yesterday, but the fact that he went that far out of his way to clear me makes me feel better about him. I honestly expected to be railroaded today for the fact that I was trying to talk people out of lynching Timeaisis. (I trusted him, dumb roleclaim and all.)

This is also utter crap. Feeling better because someone latches onto someone who you think is townie? Cult can easily latch onto townie in this way, and use it to try and clear themselves. It's the same reason why I'm keeping an eye out for Flame_AC, despite his Day 3 actions in regards to Coppanuva

Flame_AC

Just to be sure, the day doesnt end tomorrow, right? We extended it by 1 real day?

And to Retro and the others, I named other people I'm fine with lynching. Retro, if you want to stay alive, why not make your case for why GC or RoTY should be lynched instead?

7 votes are needed to end the day early

New deadline
t1441479600z0.png

We have a day and a half right now

RetroMG

This legitimately made me laugh. On a personal note, it's fine, I hold noghting against you for this - I would probably be doing it too. (Heck, I have done it before, in other games.)

Here's the thing. I am Town. I am not an ordinary tourist. I do have a special attribute, but I do not think it can possibly be useful to anyone in this stage of the game. However, there is juuuuust enough doubt about that in general that I am certain that if I roleclaim, I will be the next to die.

Does that spice life up enough for ya?

Also, where is Scrafty? I haven't seen her in a couple of days, Maybe she's playing Danganronpa AE. (I'm totally going to pick it up when I finish Metal Gear.)

Flame_AC

This legitimately made me laugh. On a personal note, it's fine, I hold noghting against you for this - I would probably be doing it too. (Heck, I have done it before, in other games.)

Here's the thing. I am Town. I am not an ordinary tourist. I do have a special attribute, but I do not think it can possibly be useful to anyone in this stage of the game. However, there is juuuuust enough doubt about that in general that I am certain that if I roleclaim, I will be the next to die.

Does that spice life up enough for ya?

Also, where is Scrafty? I haven't seen her in a couple of days, Maybe she's playing Danganronpa AE. (I'm totally going to pick it up when I finish Metal Gear.)

Now we're getting somewhere, what exactly is this attribute? Prove to us that you're town beyond a vague claim and you can be targeted by the other party tonight. This gives the town a known night time death in you, and a chance to go after someone else for the rest of the day?

Your earlier post makes it seem like you want to die, why is that, is it your role? Do you perhaps lose if you're killed at night, but win if you die during the day or make it all the way?

RetroMG

Just to be sure, the day doesnt end tomorrow, right? We extended it by 1 real day?

And to Retro and the others, I named other people I'm fine with lynching. Retro, if you want to stay alive, why not make your case for why GC or RoTY should be lynched instead?

Yeah, the extention surprised me too.

Well, let's talk about Rats and GC.

I don't think Rats is Mafia, but it wouldn't terribly surprise me if he were. He plays the good guy role super well, which is what I would do, were I mafia.

GC - Guy's been totally inactive (even after the ban got lifted.) He might not be mafia, but he's not much help either.

But I've got a hunch, and though it will be seen as reactionary, I've been thinking it for a while now, ever since I described him as seeming bloodthirsty.

VOTE: Flame_AC

Have to step away for a little bit now. Wife is calling. Will try to check back in soon.

Top Bottom