• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

dork

Banned
The game is NOT street dated.

Bestbuy/walmart/CC will have it Tuesday

We(Gamestops) are getting it 1 day early which is November 5th, call your Gamestop to make sure they are getting them, its not every gamestop, because some cant drive to the warehouse in time.

gray_fox224

dork said:
The game is NOT street dated.

Bestbuy/walmart/CC will have it Tuesday

We(Gamestops) are getting it 1 day early which is November 5th, call your Gamestop to make sure they are getting them, its not every gamestop, because some cant drive to the warehouse in time.

I'll just wait for this week's ad to get the real date.

Okin

Okay, so now I'm hearing that there is a mode for splitscreen online play. I retract my earlier statements made in anger.

Yeah, call your Gstop, they may be getting them on monday.
Dunno if this was posted but the guide came out today and here are the cheats you get to unlock:

noir: black and white mode
ultra contrast: high contrast
photo negative: inverted colors
ragtime: sepia colors, film grain and rips, moves twice as fast and soundtrack is piano music. it's an homage to old silent films.
cluster bombs: every explosive leaves a second cross shapped explosive
slow-mo: melee turns on slow motion at half speed
infinte ammo: you don't even have to reload
bad year: enemies blow up into old tires (seriously)

also, the perk list in the OP looks like everything from what I rememeber.
oh, 1up show said prestige is up to 5 levels, it's actually 10. You can get up to lv 550, technically.

calder

Prepurchased my copy today after work. It would be nice if it came in Monday but I'm expecting to be on Tuesday.

Andokuky

Banned
I'm trading Halo 3 in for this Monday. Bored with it already and with this game being such a night and day difference from that game I don't really see myself able to play both.

People were saying during the beta that the final version would have two more kill streak abilities, one at 10 and one at 15. Is this true and if so, anyone know what they are? Sorry if it's in the OP, I missed it.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Andokuky said:
People were saying during the beta that the final version would have two more kill streak abilities, one at 10 and one at 15. Is this true and if so, anyone know what they are? Sorry if it's in the OP, I missed it.

Sorry, but kill streak rewards end at 7 with the attack chopper. You can continue on to try and set your longest streak (which gets reported in the leaderboards) though.

KAOS

I just got my limited edition from local shop here in NYC. Does anyone know if there are any problems in terms of playing it early? I haven't seen anyone online with it yet.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Wait, it has split screen co-op? For the whole game or certain segments? Sorry, been behind a bit with this game. :)

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
KAOS said:
I just got my limited edition from local shop here in NYC. Does anyone know if there are any problems in terms of playing it early? I haven't seen anyone online with it yet.

Shouldn't be an issue, you'll just have a really hard time finding anyone else with the game :p

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Arcade mode looks fuckin' awesome. And a bit disturbing. :lol

Also, all the soundtrack samples have been excellent.

Calen

chubigans said:
Wait, it has split screen co-op? For the whole game or certain segments? Sorry, been behind a bit with this game. :)
It has offline splitscreen in multiplayer only. No co-op.

Fady K

So guys, six hours only for SP you say? How is the SP anyway for those who finished since its already *out* :D? Cause Im not in for the MP much.

Stantron

KAOS said:

Please describe the LE case. Is it the flimsy Halo/Gears tin box, or the more sturdy LostPlanet/PDZ type case? ... or plastic clam shell?

zam

DKo5 said:
Sorry, but kill streak rewards end at 7 with the attack chopper. You can continue on to try and set your longest streak (which gets reported in the leaderboards) though.
Why couldn't it reset after 7, so at 10 you got another UAV, 12 another airstrike etc. It's kinda crappy that a streak of 3 gets rewarded but a streak of 15 doesn't.

Could of at least given another reward each time "X kill streak pops up", hell even a UAV would be nice, felt kinda bad in the beta when someone would ask "Anyone have a UAV? I have an airstrike ready" and I would go "sorry, I'm on a streak of 15 so I can't get anything".

SPEA

zam said:
Why couldn't it reset after 7, so at 10 you got another UAV, 12 another airstrike etc. It's kinda crappy that a streak of 3 gets rewarded but a streak of 15 doesn't.

Could of at least given another reward each time "X kill streak pops up", hell even a UAV would be nice, felt kinda bad in the beta when someone would ask "Anyone have a UAV? I have an airstrike ready" and I would go "sorry, I'm on a streak of 15 so I can't get anything".
Agreed. Had the same complaint in the Beta as you. You def. should be rewarded with having a 10 or 15 kill streak. That shit ain't easy to do. Like you said, even a UAV would be ok.

I guess they figure if you're that good, you don't any more rewards. :lol

I honestly would've liked to see them up the required streaks for each reward. Possibly 3-5-10. or 3-7-12.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Haven't really kept up on the thread, but the game's only about 5 hours long? That's fucking bullshit. Sounds like the campaign totally got Halo 3'd. :/

And I'm guessing that I'll be just about the only one providing DS impressions to this thread, right? :lol

Okay, I couldn't decide if I wanted to get this or not, but I think that Arcade Mode trailer just sold me.

CONGLATURATION INFINITY WARD!!!

YOU HAVE PURCHASE.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
zam said:

Renewable perks would give someone way too much of an advantage. Let's say you call in an attack helicopter on Overgrown, get 5 kills out of that. Should you instantly get a UAV? It would be balance killing. It's already tough enough to fight teams who manage to chain their perks together because of early domination and good communication.

Voltron64

I'd rather have a game be a solid six hours of fun then to be drawn out with lots of filler for the sake of making it longer.

I Can't wait for this game. Where are you guys finding your copies??

KAOS

Stantron:
It's not a tin case. It's just a box with a regular game case, small art book and great sas bonus dvd.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
zam said:

Thats how it originally worked and it was INCREDIBLY unbalanced. It was changed within a few days after it was heavily abused.

You worked your way up to a 15 kill streak, thats enough pwnage for one life ;)

Okin

DKo5, can you give us the final word on splitscreen online multiplayer? Is it in there or not? If I have a friend over who also has a gold LIVE account, can we both play on the same console in splitscreen online?

Or is there no online splitscreen whatsoever? And if not, why not?

Rayme

Exactly. On the one hand; you're continuing your streak without a new airstrike/etc. But on the other hand; you just killed 15+ people without dying. You don't need an orbital laser; your pride and their shame will carry you on.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Okin said:
DKo5, can you give us the final word on splitscreen online multiplayer? Is it in there or not? If I have a friend over who also has a gold LIVE account, can we both play on the same console in splitscreen online?

Or is there no online splitscreen whatsoever? And if not, why not?

As has been stated multiple times (elsewhere and this thread), no online splitscreen whatsoever. There is only 4-player offline splitscreen multiplayer.

Big_T

I got the game today and the game available since thursday
im going to play it now .
4tf11l3.jpg

Is this game street dated or not? So many people already have it so I assume that it is waiting in stores to be shelved on the 5th or 6th.

Remy

andy_lhc said:
I just received my PS3 COD4...The manual is only 9 pages...:lol :lol

Not only that, there are typos! Check the description of the sprint controls on page 6.

Eric WK

DoctorWho said:
Is this game street dated or not? So many people already have it so I assume that it is waiting in stores to be shelved on the 5th or 6th.

I think it's just ship dated.

Top Bottom