• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Infinity Ward deserves a gold medal for adding a realism mode to the multiplayer. I cannot wait to play it!
*palms sweaty in anticipation*

calder

Rayme said:
I have a question for the masses... the 3d screenshot on this page; is that something that you're into? Or is it a "shrug and move on" sort of thing for you? And for that matter, is it obvious that you can click-and-drag to move the view around?

I liked that, nice touch. And for whatever dumb reason, it likely wouldn't have occurred to me to click and drag the image if you hadn't said to, my first thought at seeing the tool bar is to click buttons and then assume it's a busted .mov clip. Hopefully at some point I would have moved my curser over the image and noticed the hand cursor and put 2 and 2 together, but it wouldn't have been my first thought.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Dartastic said:
COD 2 Veteran seemed to be the perfect mix of fun and a good challenge, and it's good to hear that COD4 is keeping the challenge while cutting down on the cheap moments. Just the info I needed! Thank you! :D

Apart from the spawning Nazi's. That just got way too annoying towards the end.

Anyway, I'm at the 6hour mark right now and only about half way through CoD4. I just have to say one thing. This game is intense.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Already bought mine today.

Between COD4 and VF5 -- both multiplayer home base games -- I really don't need another game this holiday season... then comes Mass Effect and Uncharted... aieee...

Router said:
Anyway, I'm at the 6hour mark right now and only about half way through CoD4. I just have to say one thing. This game is intense.
What difficulty are you playing it on? Is it about right for you?

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Cornballer said:
What difficulty are you playing it on? Is it about right for you?

I'm playing on normal. Its good, not too hard but has a few spots so far that I got owned in. I will be cranking it up to Veteran when I have finished and starting all over again.

Bebpo

Banned
Router said:
I'm playing on normal. Its good, not too hard but has a few spots so far that I got owned in. I will be cranking it up to Veteran when I have finished and starting all over again.

That sounds good and a bit of a relief.

h3ro

ThirstyFly said:
I didn't get the memo. What's Arcade Mode?

Its a mode unlocked after you beat the game once. Basically, you get points for kills with multipliers for combo kills, etc. There were some screen shots of it floating around, looked like fun.

Hunter D

In realism mode what changes are made? If it is only a health tweak it would not be realistic IMO. The kick of the guns and accuracy while moving/standing still/prone would have to be tweaked also IMO.

Eric WK

Hunter D said:
In realism mode what changes are made? If it is only a health tweak it would not be realistic IMO. The kick of the guns and accuracy while moving/standing still/prone would have to be tweaked also IMO.

There's also no HUD at all - no mini-map, no ammo count, no way to identify friendlies from enemies - nothing.

mandiller said:
Plus bullets do a lot more damage and no health regeneration.
I didn't see no health regeneration in the post about it. I was disappointed. If there really isn't any, that's awesome.

Eric WK

CajoleJuice said:
I didn't see no health regeneration in the post about it. I was disappointed. If there really isn't any, that's awesome.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there isn't health regeneration.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
CajoleJuice said:

I'm also pretty sure that in hardcore there is no regeneration. enjoy :D

SaggyMonkey said:
It won't matter, the higher damage bullets rip your face off much quicker.
What you get hit by one or two bullets? In a "hardcore" mode you shouldn't be able to sit somewhere while your health magically regenerates. I'm happy to hear it's not there.

And I'm sad to see you're not getting this QVT. :(

Ramirez

Eric WK said:
There's also no HUD at all - no mini-map, no ammo count, no way to identify friendlies from enemies - nothing.

Is friendly fire on? Sounds like a dickheads dreamland if so. :|

Eric WK

CajoleJuice said:
What you get hit by one or two bullets? In a "hardcore" mode you shouldn't be able to sit somewhere while your health magically regenerates. I'm happy to hear it's not there.

And I'm sad to see you're not getting this QVT. :(

Per my last discussion on AIM with him, I think he might decide to get it yet.

Ramirez said:
Is friendly fire on? Sounds like a dickheads dreamland if so. :|

Yeah, but Hardcore Mode isn't a playlist from what I understand. Seems like a thing that would be used in customs where those pricks can be easily dealt with if they're even there.

Calen

Eric WK said:
Per my last discussion on AIM with him, I think he might decide to get it yet.

Yeah, but Hardcore Mode isn't a playlist from what I understand. Seems like a thing that would be used in customs where those pricks can be easily dealt with if they're even there.
Hardcore mode's in playlists. In custom matches, you can choose to turn on or off most of the stuff Hardcore adds individually. I think the fellow with the early PS3 copy posted screenshots of the custom match options already.

Eric WK

Calen said:
Hardcore mode's in playlists. In custom matches, you can choose to turn on or off most of the stuff Hardcore adds individually. I think the fellow with the early PS3 copy posted screenshots of the custom match options already.

Ah. Thanks for clearing that up.

Defuser

Oh goodness,this game is the fucking win.Been playing it since I came back from school.I don't care it's 6 hours or not,its gives enough action and the difficulty which I want ,not to mention the multiplayer is awesome!!!

Okin

So if one were to have two Xbox Live accounts in the house, would one still not be able to have two people playing this games online through one xbox in split screen?

methodman

Banned
Okin said:
WHAT THE FUCK?

God dammit, my buddies and I were really looking forward to sitting down and playing this together. Not everyone plays these games alone, you know? Remember multiplayer before there was online? I was excited for this game, but who the fuck wants to pass a controller around when you want to go online and kill some suckers?

Fuck. I was so close to buying this, but if we can't play over Live with some of my cousins, I don't want it anymore :((((

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Is splitscreen even in the game? If not, I would imagine it was left out for performance reasons. If the game is indeed 60 fps, splitting things up would have made that much more difficult to hold. I'm sure they wouldn't want an online match taking place with some players running at 60 fps while others (those in split screen) only see 30.

Now, if there IS offline splitscreen then I honestly have no idea what the deal is.

sionyboy said:
Does anyone know when the online reviews from Gamespot, IGN, 1up etc will be going live?

Game Trailers has a review countdown that ends Monday. So I guess it'll be the same for all sites.

Hunter D

Eric WK said:
This is good to know, but do they fix the guns? No way in hell should people be running around with saws, sniper rifles, and rockets and spamming them.

Okin

Hunter D said:
This is good to know, but do they fix the guns? No way in hell should people be running around with saws, sniper rifles, and rockets and spamming them.

Spamming? You mean shooting the guns a lot? What's wrong with that?

gcubed

Okin said:
Spamming? You mean shooting the guns a lot? What's wrong with that?

shouldnt be anything wrong as i would imagine hardcore would have VERY VERY few ammo pickups, so if you want to stay alive, you need to be smart about your ammo.

chespace said:
Already bought mine today.

Between COD4 and VF5 -- both multiplayer home base games -- I really don't need another game this holiday season... then comes Mass Effect and Uncharted... aieee...

Where, sir, where?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Just got the word from the manager at my Gamecrazy will be picking up the shipment on Monday. So I should have mine by around 5PM Monday :D

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
From Fourzerotwo:

Tomorrow we have a really cool video showcasing one of the new additions to Single Player that is adding a massive amount of replay value to the campaign.... any guesses?

Arcade Mode sweetness tomorrow.

Top Bottom