• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

I played 5 games in an hour on LIVE earlier today. The games would fill up, count down, and never start. It would continue like that until the lobby was closed. It seems to be fixed now though, I wonder what the deal was.

oneHeero

Russian Steve said:
I played 5 games in approximately an hour earlier today, the games would fill up, count down and never start and it would continue like that until the lobby was closed. It seems to be fixed now though, I wonder what the deal was.
I'm very glad I rarely run into online problems. I heard lots of bitching on WOWhawk and I always got to play with minor problems only, all fixable with a reset, same with now on COD4.

If I run into a problem, I simply reset my Ps3 and it works often, if not I'll jump on RockBand.
Can we use headsets online on RockBand? I cant stand some of the songs people pick half the time. Someone was sitting on Orange Crush and instead pick the song on top I was dieing to play Orange Crush as well.

FirewalkR

Just a quick question, are there any differences between the extra content in the PC and 360 Collector's Editions? Going by the OP it seems so but online stores like Amazon.uk and GAME.uk list the same content. What gives?

Treo360

Klaxon said:
I didn't have those problems.

I did and so did a slew of others. Countdown timer would reset and the game would just sty there on the "Matching sides" screen, if you vetoed the map it would countdown and then do it again.

Also Global stats would be offline at the time as well.

All is fixed now, funny thing is that this is happening around the same time as it did the last time.

Halvie said:
holy son of a bitch...50 minutes and not one fucking match on ps3 for tdm, domination, or groudw. AWESOME

Does it just hang or are you not able to connect to anything at all?

joelseph

The problem occurs occasionally after someone leaves a full room and someone new enters. I haven't seen it for a week though, hope it doesn't come back.

I'm totally late to this thing but I've had some 360 issues when it was released and while I could've gotten it for the PS3, I really do prefer the 360 controller for FPSers. Anyway, whatever.

I just finished the "Death from Above" level and I can't get rid of the smile off my face. THAT WAS AWESOME. I remember briefly glancing at impressions around here and that level being mentioned as one of the favorites but I never really read more into it 'cause I didn't want to spoil anything. I think that even if I knew what the level was about, I still wouldn't be prepared for how cool it all was. Oh man, I could do that all day long.

Anyone else having major connection problems today? I'm wondering if it has to do with the 2x experience thing.

I can connect fine to the PSN store, etc., but Call of Duty 4 online is hell. Usually won't let me on (errors include: can't connect to Activision matchmaking, parental controls won't let me play online [that's bullshit, it's not even set up on the PS3], I'm not signed in [when I clearly am], and etc.).

Sometimes I could get on, but then it can't find a match... at all. So I kept trying. I finally got in one headquarters match.. the game starts.. it's loading.. and it just sits there at the "setting up game" loading screen. I could even HEAR the other people with mics. The game was going on as I sat there for a solid 5 minutes. That's the closest I've gotten to a game today. Last night it was absolutely fine.

oneHeero

People who are having problems getting match(PSN); have you tried restarting your PS3? Been receiving text from a friend who's playing now and experiencing no problems at all.

If your having problems connecting once, hit the PS button and turn your ps3 off and just restart. It always works for me when I run into a problem, which is random and infrequently as it is.

gbovo

Biglesworth23 said:
Yup, restarted several times. Still no luck.
I think it's a server issue on Infinity Wards side. They said they'll be releasing a patch soon to fix the connection issues.

Epix said:
Hopefully they'll extend the 2x Experience window once they get the servers working.

I just played over 3 hours on PSN with no problems at all. I did have one match about 20 minutes before the 2x XP kicked in where everyone was warping all over the place, including myself, but I think that was just because there were two players with red/orange connection stats. I quit that lobby after the match finished and had nothing but perfect games the rest of the time.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Deputy Moonman said:
Yeah, that one takes a bit of luck. Keep your sniper handy and don't forget that you have air strikes. I just kept running like a madman until I'd get a new checkpoint.

Thanks but I need some serious advice on how to approach it. Going down the middle is impossible, so I've been trying to go to the right. I try calling airstrikes for ahead but if I pop my head out to locate the spot I get killed instantly. I still can't get over the fact enemies can kill me so easily in the smoke screen.

I'm getting so frustrated I'm about ready to give up. Dying within two seconds of being shot in an area with very little cover = no fun whatsoever.

EDIT: Beat it with the help of a youtube video. :)

lionelhutz

oo Kosma oo said:
Because of Uni I haven't kept up with this thread, what's the consensus on the double XP weekend: yay or nay?

it's a great idea in theory but i can't seem to start a game to collect any.

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
I'm totally late to this thing but I've had some 360 issues when it was released and while I could've gotten it for the PS3, I really do prefer the 360 controller for FPSers. Anyway, whatever.

I just finished the "Death from Above" level and I can't get rid of the smile off my face. THAT WAS AWESOME. I remember briefly glancing at impressions around here and that level being mentioned as one of the favorites but I never really read more into it 'cause I didn't want to spoil anything. I think that even if I knew what the level was about, I still wouldn't be prepared for how cool it all was. Oh man, I could do that all day long.
Yea, dude. It's totally awesome. You're gonna be even more blown away by something soon, too.

MercuryLS said:
Welcome to gaming hell, enjoy your stay.
:|

I might have to lower the difficulty level. And I wanted this to be my first 1000 achievement point game...

Anyhow, I'm looking at the MP leaderboards right now. There's more than a handful of people who have played over 10 days. That's an average of 8 hrs/day for a month. Jesus fucking Christ. And I thought Eric WK was insane.

No_Style

Wickerman said:
I've had problems getting into matches on PSN since about 7pm EST. :(

When I had problems connecting all I do is go back all the way to the main menu of the Multiplayer screen and click "Play Online" again. After "starting fresh" I usually found a match.

Nizz

Wickerman said:
I've had problems getting into matches on PSN since about 7pm EST. :(
I noticed that I couldn't get into a Free For All match, but I'd find matches when I tried Old School type of game. Also, I wonder if the XP points kick in as soon as you earn points in the match? I was 6 headshots away from earning the red tiger camo for the MP5 (and 1000 XP points) and when I finally did it, I don't remember it saying 2000 instead of 1000...

unomas

Banned
CajoleJuice said:
Ok, "One Shot, One Kill" is officially ridiculous.

Oh, you think thats hard on Veteran? Just wait...:lol I'm stuck a few levels after that and I'm not even gonna try til I have a few spare hours on hand.

Hadn't played seriously for a bit but hopped on MP tonight and it was as fun as ever. After not playing for a while what struck me was the number of maps. What a good job of shipping with an adequate number. I mean you can go really long stretches without getting certain maps and then you're really happy when you get one of your favorites. I can't believe halo shipped with so few maps.

So when the hell are we getting that patch that was mentioned a long time ago though? I need host migration!

Halvie

Banned
Even though there are pretty many maps I really hope they end up releasing some more. I am getting a bit sick of a couple of them already.

fabs115

not sure if this matters to anyone but i got 42 bucks for this game from gamestop last night, great game, but could never get into the multiplayer

Lord Phol

I posted this in another thread but I thought I might as well post it here too.
I'm looking to get a new computer, this one to be exact.

https://www.datorbutiken.com/se/Defa...t=ASG1S-AK111G

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 / 2.4 GHz
RAM: 2GB DDR II SDRAM - 667 MHz / (4 GB max)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
Screen: 15.4" TFT
Weight: 3.1kg
Price: ~2100 USD (13 470 kr)

And what I would like to know is, how well you think it would run CoD4 (multiplayer)?
It's a pretty big dealbreaker for me, so any help would be appreciated ^^.
(also posted on the Official IW cod4 forums and got some positive comments but not sure how much I can trust them).

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
h3ro said:
I've leveled up 8 LEVELS today! Team Headquarters FTW!!

LOL, I have only recently discovered the joys of Team Headquarters. Went from Level 11 to 32 in a few days.

ty_hot

I started playing this game yesterday, but I couldn't talk in the online mode with my headset.

Do I need to press any button to talk? (PS3 version)

And the online mode is horrible (while you are not playing)... wait minutes to find a game... server breaks lots of times etc

ty_hot

ty_hot said:
I started playing this game yesterday, but I couldn't talk in the online mode with my headset.

Do I need to press any button to talk? (PS3 version)

And the online mode is horrible (while you are not playing)... wait minutes to find a game... server breaks lots of times etc

Anyone?

Insaniac

ty_hot said:

360 version doesn't require button press, but i am not sure about PS3.

Does anyone know if you can make your own custom outfittings in splitscreen or do you only get to choose from the default ones they give you?

Nizz

Iron_Scimitar said:
PS3 is open mic, meaning there's no button to press to talk.

Meanwhile I just gained 15 levels yesterday :)

+20
+20
+20
+20!!!

What type of matches did you play? I usually go for Free For All, or Old School type which can be Free For All/Team Deathmatch. I guess I'm just a straight up Deathmatch type of guy (which is why I think I'll really like UT3) Or I'm anti-social? :D

WinFonda

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but I have an idea for a kill streak perk beyond the 7 kill streak helicopter support.

15 kill streak should enable you to call in a pack of dogs, maybe 6 or so. They hunt down enemies just like in single player mode.

Good idea? Yes/no?

NoirYuki

WinFonda said:
Not sure if this has been brought up before, but I have an idea for a kill streak perk beyond the 7 kill streak helicopter support.

15 kill streak should enable you to call in a pack of dogs, maybe 6 or so. They hunt down enemies just like in single player mode.

Good idea? Yes/no?

That would be both awesome and incredibly creepy. Just like the dogs in single player.

Insaniac

Insaniac said:
Does anyone know if you can make your own custom outfittings in splitscreen or do you only get to choose from the default ones they give you?

also, is it LAN splitscreen or not? If not then a HUGE face_plain.

Top Bottom